Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• things will happen if you dont  use the correct crew and equipment made for that specific boat, each item has info to it this tells you what boat it is best used with, if you decide to use something not  related to that boat when you equip it there will be red  text in the box below, if all is correct the text is normal,  black i think sorry i cant check boats are out at sea, 

equip it  wrongly and  you can loose fish

but it is possible to use the  items for the next boat up from the one you  have its up to you  if you want to risk the penalty
  • edited 25.05.2017
    best advice i can offer is to totally forget about the hard work event and concentrate on  upgrading and learning what goes with  what and learn, ( prizes arnt that good anyway)

the hard work event  isnt that  good to be honest i only started it by accident my boat had what it wanted  pure fluke,

this needs a hell of a lot of work and i have noooo idea why it was released like it was, basically just tossed to us and  hit and hope, the hard work event  was in my opinion and  a lot of other players just done to  gold grab i cant think of any other  sane  reason why it was done 11 hours after release,

i have had two gold bonus offers today buy one pack get same free  and i dont see it being a coincidence as i havent had any offers for a long time  so two in one day smells a bit, ps i didnt buy any gold either time, i would buy gold again only if we got the 150% or 200%  gold bonuses back not until 
  • SteveUser (GB1)SteveUser (GB1) GB1 Posts: 70

Absolutely useless. there's no instructions on how to get the new HWE started, so most of us can't take part in this event. All we get when we click on the dockyard is the information icon, which doesn't give us any information.

Please get this sorted soon

• what is really needed at this point is to eliminate the  thing that is causing the most confusion to players.
    a quick hot fix to remove the  side quests people need to do to access the dock yard, and give everyone that is at the correct level instant access, im sure other players who have done these side quests wont mind i did them and i dont care if there removed, they are after all just small quests.

this would make life a little easier for  everyone  even the mods im sure there sick of trying to explain it too
  • @aaabbb1 (INT1)    I noticed this as well, and it seems like a key point to be aware of.

I now have 6 boats back in the harbor.  When I hover the cursor on them, I cannot tell what they are carrying, so I have no idea what they will do to my HW.  This is horrible.  I need to know what these boats contain before I harvest them. 
    Yep I made a similar post a few pages back. This will be a nightmare in future HWE... imagine having 14 boats coming back to dock and NOT remembering which cargo (fish) they hold.  Hope people dont name their boats Jenny1 Jenny2 Jenny3.. etc.  hahahah LOL.
    I'm going to make myself a little black fishing book.......teeheeteehee B)
  • How can you do the fishing no pain no gain, when there are no fishing area with the fish you ask for.
    All 6 area  and not 1 with the fish you ask for. Have you set this up only for those who skip with gold till they get 1 fish that they can catch. Not fair for all players. This has been 2 day that I have not been able to do any of the no pain on gain  This is not FUN
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100

Other ppl in my coop can buy a boat and go fishing now, me, I can't.

My fishing level is 39. The mermaid bay is level 6. I caught all types of fish. I finished all the fishing tasks in the left panel. I have been to all area's with the old boat t thingy. Yet my shipyard only has one action circle and that is for info. I can not upgrade it, I can not buy a boat....

Please inform me what I am missing so that I can go boating :)

Believe me I feel your pain!!  Went through this until late last night when I finally found the task that I was missing that started the others coming again.  Mine was a wheat task on the main farm that did not have a fish icon - think it was a woman and picture of wheat.  Once I did that task, it opened up more fish tasks and I now have the dockyard going and my boats fishing.  Good luck - hope this helps!
  • best advice i can offer is to totally forget about the hard work event and concentrate on  upgrading and learning what goes with  what and learn, ( prizes arnt that good anyway)

the hard work event  isnt that  good to be honest i only started it by accident my boat had what it wanted  pure fluke,

this needs a hell of a lot of work and i have noooo idea why it was released like it was, basically just tossed to us and  hit and hope, the hard work event  was in my opinion and  a lot of other players just done to  gold grab i cant think of any other  sane  reason why it was done 11 hours after release,

i have had two gold bonus offers today buy one pack get same free  and i dont see it being a coincidence as i havent had any offers for a long time  so two in one day smells a bit, ps i didnt buy any gold either time, i would buy gold again only if we got the 150% or 200%  gold bonuses back not until 
    LOL!!!  HW is so worth it even if you don't get it up and running until the last day.  The prizes are great!! Getting a lot of supplies to get Deep Sea running well and two boats.  Yes, it is frustrating/overwhelming to begin something that you don't fully understand.  However, OJT is the best way to learn and GG can have all the bugs thrown at them at once as their reward for throwing us in the deep end to teach us to swim.  
    It is not a gold grab if you don't buy gold.  Those who do were going to anyway.  I receive 150% offer at least twice per month.  The 2 for 1 is an appeasement for all criticism and threats, not an enticement to buy gold (see. previous paragraph). And to top it off we will get a nice compensation package.
    All of you "the glass is half empty" folks have a seat, take a deep breathe, drink some wine/beer if your old enough, and CHILL OUT.  
  • Pichu said:
    crf (US1) schrieb:
    Just an FYI to the developers. Did you know the right harvest sidebar that shows harvest is ready comes on prematurely for  the fish farm? I have all items harvested but when I go to the farm it brings up the circle of the item that is getting ready to be harvested, but, there are still several hours left until it is ready. Not causing any problems. Just thought I'd pass that along.  :)

Thanks
    This panel is my personal nightmare :D 

We will check it out when everyone is at work again :)

Cheers!
    Good, because it also gives my flower farm a checkmark when things are ready at the deep fishing. But it doesn't go away.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 25.05.2017
    How can you do the fishing no pain no gain, when there are no fishing area with the fish you ask for.
    All 6 area  and not 1 with the fish you ask for. Have you set this up only for those who skip with gold till they get 1 fish that they can catch. Not fair for all players. This has been 2 day that I have not been able to do any of the no pain on gain  This is not FUN
    No Pain No Gain is a regular fishing quest done from the docks like the one on the Flower Farm, Gourmet Farm and/or Main Farm.  It has nothing to do with Deep Sea Fishing. You can find the Carp & Bonito off the dock in the Flower Farm, for Pickerel you either have to use Oleg's boat (available at Fishing Level 10), or use bait.
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    Please is possible to help me?
    Any idea how is to 'Create Bait 10 times'  task for Prepare your boat ?
    I have no clue.
    Thanks a lot
    Please is possible to help me?
    Any idea how is to 'Create Bait 10 times'  task for Prepare your boat ?
    I have no clue.
    Thanks a lot
    Click on the new building in the dockyard and create chum 10 times.
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    Thanks guys for the help!!  Finally filled the wheat task (in desperation since it didn't have a fish icon) late last night and it opened the final set of tasks.  Now have my dockyard and my boats are out fishing as we speak!! Thanks again - I've let my team know what to look for.  I'm looking forward to the new fishing challenges now that I can get into them - LOL.  Think I'm going to be very happy with the money to be made here too!
  • Ladyoz (US1)Ladyoz (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    "As soon as you have complete all of the fishing tasks on your farms, you will get a task and a new ship will dock right next to Oleg on your Flower Farm."

What does this mean? "complete all of the fishing tasks on your farms"? What fishing tasks? Nobody in my co-op can do anything with this new fishing/dockyard thing. Nobody has a boat next to Oleg and the little dockyard building has no options to do anything, other than an Information button. When Oleg has finished fishing, nothing changes with the dockyard. Help! :)
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    Ladyoz, there are a number of side tasks on your main and flower farm that are related to fishing.  For example catch 150 bass. Or donate a certain amount of sturgeon.  I guess there are even some side tasks for things like collect wheat, But all of these tasks have to be completed before you can build a boat in the new deep sea fishing aspect.  If you look through your side tasks on all of the farms I bet you will find some related to fishing that are not done.  You will have to complete one on one farm and then go to the other farm and complete that one there and so on. The final task is to purchase and use a large minnow hook.  One of the tasks is to buy a large bucket.  Good luck
    Ladyoz, there are a number of side tasks on your main and flower farm that are related to fishing.  For example catch 150 bass. Or donate a certain amount of sturgeon.  I guess there are even some side tasks for things like collect wheat, But all of these tasks have to be completed before you can build a boat in the new deep sea fishing aspect.  If you look through your side tasks on all of the farms I bet you will find some related to fishing that are not done.  You will have to complete one on one farm and then go to the other farm and complete that one there and so on. The final task is to purchase and use a large minnow hook.  One of the tasks is to buy a large bucket.  Good luck
    Oh good grief - thank you! :)
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    How can you do the fishing no pain no gain, when there are no fishing area with the fish you ask for.
    No Pain No Gain is a regular fishing quest done from the docks like the one on the Flower Farm, Gourmet Farm and/or Main Farm.  It has nothing to do with Deep Sea Fishing. You can find the Carp & Bonito off the dock in the Flower Farm, for Pickerel you either have to use Oleg's boat (available at Fishing Level 10), or use bait.

I'm not really sure this is true Southern. it is asking for items you can only get from deep sea fishing, like oysters, clams, shrimp lobster.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Whats the use of moaning? GGS dont give give a flying #$%^ for the genuine strategic players of BF anymore.

All they see is Gold selling opportunities for the gullible or arrogant players of this now absurdly stupid game.

Exactly! Thats the problem! There's been bugs in this game now for well over a year, LOTS of bugs......the biggest of them all being the slowness and lag in the game. Its become so bad now that my computer acts like it has a virus and prompts me that this program (bigfarm) isn't responding. This happens almost every time I log into the game and can only be fixed by toggling between normal and fullscreen views. My animations are turned off and my graphics is set to the lowest setting and within an hour of gameplay I have to reload and try again.

Instead of focusing on fixing this problem (u would think its a very serious one with many players experiencing it) GGS choose to bring in more bug riddled updates. The fact that Architect was put in at the same time as Hard Worker proves that all they care about is tricking players into buying and using their gold. They have basically forced players that want to score in HW to use their gold because most would have jumped at the chance to use Architect when he came to their farms.

How long until we get a small compensation package and claims that developers will "slightly improve/rebalance" the event in future update? This trick has happened in many new events and it has been a deliberate money grabbing ploy every single time.
    How on earth do you get Bass to come up in the manual fishing hole? My task is to use one Bass bait, but there are no bass in the water when it comes up.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    How on earth do you get Bass to come up in the manual fishing hole? My task is to use one Bass bait, but there are no bass in the water when it comes up.
    This may help https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/comment/3250285/#Comment_3250285
  • The next fish I need for Hard Worker event is cod but none of my 6 fishing holes have it.  Does this mean that unless I use gold to skip cod I am finished with event?

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    PBH (GB1) said:

Fished for Shrimp at the start of the HWE, then some salmon.   Now it wants Shrimp again, and there is none left...  The Shrimp Zone is not there anymore.

yes it's very poorly designed for a HWE

when i played the normal HWE at low level i dont recall it ever asking for a Flower Farm crop when i didnt have a Flower Farm (same goes for Gourmet Farm)

in this it's asking for 'crops' that aren't available which is either a dumb move from the design aspect or a very cynical move if you're inclined to feel GGS just want you throwing gold to shift the 'not available' fish out of the way and move onto a species that is fishable
    This may help https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/comment/3250285/#Comment_3250285

Thanks so much! I've learned more about fishing manually in the last 15 minutes than I have since fishing started in the game :)
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Can any one tell me what equipment I need to catch sword fish? I have sent 8 boat over past past 24 hours and ave not caught a single one.  Caught lots of other kinds of fish wit out problem but can not seem to figure out the combo for sword fish.

My Dockyard is at level 2 and i have tried both runaboat level 4 and motorboat level 6.

What am I not doing right that I can not catch even 1 swordfish? 
  • Does anyone know how to drop off fish. It says my boat is full.
  • The next fish I need for Hard Worker event is cod but none of my 6 fishing holes have it.  Does this mean that unless I use gold to skip cod I am finished with event?

This is what WascallyWabbit wrote:

"There are also several posts about not having certain fish available at any locations - There are 8 locations but they are not all available at the same time. When one location has been emptied of fish, it will close & a new location will open (hopefully with the fish you want). If an empty one does not disappear, go to a different farm & back again. Locations also reset after 24 hours."

So, you can empty a location and hope the right location shows up or you can wait for the reset en also hope the right location will open.

• Rose1979 (US1)Rose1979 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    I AM GETTING NO HELP FROM SUPPORT!!!!   I have put in 3 tickets and have gotten ZERO response!    I cannot participate in the HWE because I cannot fish on my own and finish the tasks!  My reel will not reel in a fish - It's been that way now for almost 48 hours.   That means I have no way to participate in the HWE and earn anything!   It is very frustrating!!!   So I guess now - since the new way tickets are handled - I will never get to move on in this game.    The HWE will finish and I will not be involved!    
  • Where are the instructions on what we are supposed to be doing? I am so lost.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I also want to say that the side quests that are required to unlock the dockyard, should not be a requirement.  You can leave the sides tasks in the game, but they should not be a requirement to unlock the dockyard.  This is for one reason.....some of those tasks require gold spending.  I have members who refuse to do that.  Encouraging people to spend gold is fine, but requiring the spending of gold (which is happening here) is not appropriate.
    I also want to say that the side quests that are required to unlock the dockyard, should not be a requirement.  You can leave the sides tasks in the game, but they should not be a requirement to unlock the dockyard.  This is for one reason.....some of those tasks require gold spending.  I have members who refuse to do that.  Encouraging people to spend gold is fine, but requiring the spending of gold (which is happening here) is not appropriate.
    [Citation Needed]
Sign In to comment.