Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    check task list on main farm and flower farm!!!  took me all morning to complete them, but I am now fishing in the wild blue yonder :))))
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    I have completed all fishing tasks that were on my left-hand task bar (no new ones have shown up after the update so defaulting them to the recommended slots didn't help me), cleared my cache, signed out and back in.  Still cannot buy a boat - only have an action ring with info icon.
  • copymouse (INT1)copymouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 61
    This game became a full time job.
    I am unable to open the dockyard and have completed every fishing task.  Have also signed out and cleared cache.  No difference.  There's definitely a problem here - with the new update the fishing tasks should default to the recommended task slots.  I have none in the recommended task slots or on any farm.  So can't do anything with the HWE.  Frustrating!!
    some of the fishing tasks did not indicate they were fishing tasks or look like they were to me anyway... I found them on main farm and flower farm... sorry for your issues and hope you get them resolved.
  • johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    edited 25.05.2017
    johanne (AU1) said:
    seems to be a lot of issues that need to be sorted ... although it would be nice for a ggs moderator to come on and confirm there are major issues and are being worked on. I've seen other convo's about it as well ,,, it possibly should have stayed in the fix bin till it was released. All the same good luck  :wink:
    @johanne (AU1) There is definitely a lot of confusion, but fortunately not many bugs (so far)  There are just a couple of pop-ups when some people try to harvest, either barn too small or sell chickenfeed/corn, both of which have a workaround.

The main problem appears to be that some people still have Oleg tasks to complete, when they thought that they had done them all already, but things seem to be ok once they are completed.
    Thankyou for the reply ....

the not finishing tasks I understand , but one of my coop members does not have the availability of the clams oysters and shrimp fishing spot as I do :neutral:  do you know @WascallyWabbit what that is about ?
    I finished all the fishing tasks I had in the left task bar on all farms.  Cleared my cache, signed out and back in. No tasks magically appeared after the update to default fishing tasks to recommended tasks. All I have is the info icon on dockyard action ring.  No tasks to open the dockyard or buy a boat.  And of course no HWE progress.
    I have completed all fishing tasks that were on my left-hand task bar (no new ones have shown up after the update so defaulting them to the recommended slots didn't help me), cleared my cache, signed out and back in.  Still cannot buy a boat - only have an action ring with info icon.
    then you have not completed all the tasks! some don't look like fishing tasks... find them on main farm and flower farm... I spent today finishing them, I had virtually ignored them since Oleg arrived.
    edited 25.05.2017
    I finished all the fishing tasks I had in the left task bar on all farms.  Cleared my cache, signed out and back in. No tasks magically appeared after the update to default fishing tasks to recommended tasks. All I have is the info icon on dockyard action ring.  No tasks to open the dockyard or buy a boat.  And of course no HWE progress.
    you still have tasks to complete... either on main farm or flower farm... they may not indicate they are the oleg fishing tasks... I spent hours today finding and completing them!!!
  • jane43 (GB1)jane43 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 7
    ok so grandpa is here how do I get oysters etc, cant see where i build boats
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 25.05.2017
    So it would appear the fishing holes themselves appear in different places for different people. 

I'm wondering now if the holes that DO match between players have the same fish in them, or if that's random too..

And is there any way to influence which holes appear on the map? It doesn't make a lot of sense to have an HWE where you have to go collect Clams (for instance), but none of the locations have clams available in them.  There's probably a way to influence the types of fish available that we just just haven't figured out yet.

Gonna take a while to reverse engineer, for sure. :)
    A separate question on these locations......I have one location that has been out of fish for hours.  When are they coming back?  Are they coming back?

@Southern (US1) @gavinfarms (US1) @LSB_TTS (INT1) There are 8 locations, of which you would usually see 5 or 6 active. When all the fish are caught from a location & it is empty, that one will disappear & a new one will open (sometimes you need to switch farms and come back to make the empty one  disappear). They also reset after 24 hours, so even if you don`t empty one, they should still swap around daily.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    So it would appear the fishing holes themselves appear in different places for different people. 

I'm wondering now if the holes that DO match between players have the same fish in them, or if that's random too..

And is there any way to influence which holes appear on the map? It doesn't make a lot of sense to have an HWE where you have to go collect Clams (for instance), but none of the locations have clams available in them.  There's probably a way to influence the types of fish available that we just just haven't figured out yet.

A separate question on these locations......I have one location that has been out of fish for hours.  When are they coming back?  Are they coming back?

@Southern (US1) @gavinfarms (US1) @LSB_TTS (INT1) There are 8 locations, of which you would usually see 5 or 6 active. When all the fish are caught from a location & it is empty, that one will disappear & a new one will open (sometimes you need to switch farms and come back to make the empty one  disappear). They also reset after 24 hours, so even if you don`t empty one, they should still swap around daily.
    That's going to make the HWE very, very difficult, if people have to wait 24 hours for the locations to switch around. :/
  • I cannot complete this bass bait task of Oleg's.

No matter what I try.
    edited 25.05.2017
    I cannot complete this bass bait task of Oleg's.

No matter what I try.
    What have you tried?

Load your tackle box, put nothing in it except a reel, a line, a pole, a hook, and the one bass bait.

Then go fishin'.

Click on the Bass Bait on the left hand menu.  Click the + sign that pops up.

That should do it.

(Image courtesy of@"CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)"  it shows a Pickerel, just substitute a bass) :)

I have clicked on every single task on every farm (even the viking farm) about 10 times now (including just now after reading your msg) and have NO fishing tasks still to do. Nothing that says anything about fishing or fish.  Mine are all upgrade this building, have so many of this level building, etc.  Have spent hours and hours on this for nothing.  Sorry - extremely frustrated.  Have never had this kind of issue with a new event.  The village was difficult to get started with but this is just crazy to take this long to search for a task.
  • @ Southern

I have just tried that EXACTLY like you suggested.

Task will not complete.
    @ Southern

Task will not complete.
    Ugh.. Sorry then Teejay, I'm out of ideas. Sounds like a bug. :/

Try clearing both your Internet AND Flash caches and try it again? I know I had one fishing task a long time ago (the carbon fiber pole one) that wouldn't complete until I had done that..
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    johanne (AU1) said:
    seems to be a lot of issues that need to be sorted ... although it would be nice for a ggs moderator to come on and confirm there are major issues and are being worked on. I've seen other convo's about it as well ,,, it possibly should have stayed in the fix bin till it was released. All the same good luck  :wink:
    @johanne (AU1) There is definitely a lot of confusion, but fortunately not many bugs (so far)  There are just a couple of pop-ups when some people try to harvest, either barn too small or sell chickenfeed/corn, both of which have a workaround.

The main problem appears to be that some people still have Oleg tasks to complete, when they thought that they had done them all already, but things seem to be ok once they are completed.
    Yes probably confusion because after you finish some fishing task you get just tasks that don't have fish in them and they are not from Oleg.  So people would assume they are finished.  Once I went ahead and finished those ones then more fishing ones came up.  But I can see how some ( and i did too) would think that their tasks for Oleg were finished.  
  • kevbert (GB1)kevbert (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    Still having trouble with this one. I have no building happening, no Oleg fishing happening, and I have logged out and cleared cache. Still the fishing building only has a in information link, and there are no clickable items on the fishing screen.
    What am I doing wrong?
  • @uksharon (GB1) I cannot build a boat neither , get directed on boat tab to middle of sea, go to hut, no instructions , no tasks. I wasn't keen but willing to try, cannot try
    it is the same here. what do i have to do to buy a boat
  • @ Southern

Task will not complete.
    Ugh.. Sorry then Teejay, I'm out of ideas. Sounds like a bug. :/

Try clearing both your Internet AND Flash caches and try it again? I know I had one fishing task a long time ago (the carbon fiber pole one) that wouldn't complete until I had done that..
    Hi Southern :)

Ive tried that too. Nothing helps. Im out of ideas. Thanks for trying :)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I'm clearly missing something but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fish for herring (hwe wants it next) when none of the locations have herring in them.

That said, the official announcement said there were 8 areas you could fish, there's only six on my map.

Any useful suggestions?
    @Corvid (GB1) There are 8 different locations, but they are not all active all the time, when you catch all the fish at one location, that one will close & another one will open. Hopefully one with the fish that you want.

I don't even understand what we are supposed to do.  I go to that location and it is blue water - there is nothing to click on.  WHat am I missing???
    U have just put the drudgery out but I have no idea what to do u did not explain and what about the boat it does nothing  I look at blue water so I am going to loose points and money for this? I am almost done with this game u do not explain anything.
    @Farmer Monasita (US1) @AmazingVivian (US1) Have you completed all your Oleg fishing tasks? Check the taskbar on ALL of your farms, looking for any with a fish on the tab (the task may not ask you to fish) & it should be at the top of the list of tasks.
    That does not happen.  I have emptied 3 locations and they are all still there.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    so reading thru this, i have to clear some locations totally of fish etc in the hope that herring will appear in a newly spawned location to be able to farm that for HWE....

well done GGS, way to flag up you want me throw gold just to move to something i can harvest, geeeeeeeez, aint happening

cba with that, what a joke, the event doesnt even have the 'crop' the game demands, sweeeEEeeeeeet, wonderful gaming..
    The clocks that I mentioned earlier.......When I send a boat out to fish.......it is often immediately labeled as fishing instead of traveling.  The distinctions between travelling and fishing often seem wrong.  And based on the workers that I add, I can still not predict how long the boat will be gone.
    edited 25.05.2017

If this happens, how can you have an HW event?  You have to be able to "throttle" it.  On the regular HW, I can control how much cabbage gets released and so forth.  If these fishing pools relocate and reset at a certain, then it could totally disrupt any notion of working on this Fish HW. 
  • Well, so i finished all tasks from Oleg, but low and behold. 
    Your building slot has to be free in order to be able to buy a boat, HAHAHAHA.
    That is not going to happen here in quite a long time.
    So no HWE for me and definitely no new fishing adventure for me too.

Thanks for nothing GGS!!!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So none of this actually involves manual fishing? The travel/fishing times alone make it difficult to score a reasonable amount of points during the HWE....and at first glance there's not many decent rewards in there anyway. Interesting update, bad implementation of it.
  • I did not get an email for a free Norfolk wherry ... this is pretty unfair for those doing HWE and did not get the email (yes... i checked spam). 

Don't know why they gave out one of the better boats to select people. First place in my HWE has the boat, the rest of us do not. 
  • So none of this actually involves manual fishing? The travel/fishing times alone make it difficult to score a reasonable amount of points during the HWE....and at first glance there's not many decent rewards in there anyway. Interesting update, bad implementation of it.
    agreed, this has upset a lot of players,

and we need at least two building slots minimum now and not  an extra one we have to  pay to use with gold

how on earth anyone who is new can build a descent farm before they get bored and leave is beyond me with just the one slot, 

has GGS never heard of beta testing to make sure there are nooooooo bugs,

ps can we use the bugs as bait for fishing ;)
  • Cica0507 (INT1)Cica0507 (INT1) Posts: 8
    edited 25.05.2017
    What is this Hard work event with fish,, don`t work , don`t work at all !!!!

how to work someone post on you tube PLEASE!!!!!

Edit:   Two consecutive posts combined into one.
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    edited 25.05.2017
    http://prntscr.com/fbuvbg

it will good if boat show what type of fish it has .

it is showing  there was no testing involved before implementing this new dockyard becoz Some members getting oysters in their hwe window but there is no location that give oysters , it is wasting of  time specially in hwe ( hope this bug ll remove soon ).
    Post edited by ashim (IN1) on
Sign In to comment.