Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• last task to unlock dockyard is to buy large minnow hook and use :)
  • johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    edited 25.05.2017
    Well i have finished my fishing tasks but the boatdock has zzz that are red what am i missing?

I know its a silly question .. if you have definitely finished all of Oleg's tasks have you tried emptying cache and refreshing ???? I don't know one of my team members doesn't have the same fishing spots as me so he misses out on oysters, clams and shrimp : (   I realise there will be bug but this is not a couple of minor issues
    Yes i was just reading in another thread that there is some milk and wheat you have to collect it is was a very small amount so i have done that and now i have more fish to collect but it is not Oleg asking for it.  oh well will just keep plugging along as some in my co-op can't get it either.

seems to be a lot of issues that need to be sorted ... although it would be nice for a ggs moderator to come on and confirm there are major issues and are being worked on. I've seen other convo's about it as well ,,, it possibly should have stayed in the fix bin till it was released. All the same good luck  :wink:
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    hahahaha thanks!

okay apparenlty  I  am not done after doing the fish and apples from the lady with red hair (name totally escapes me today) I have another task from Oleg.  So yeah this confusing.  I will try to keep this thread updated with my progress to help out others.
    okay after more fishing with oleg then other tasks popped up with other fishing tasks(and again different characters) and once i finished those the task opened to start the boatdock.  Okay I am sick of fishing today lol

• johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    This seems to be broken for me, I just got the hard worker event as well which requires oysters that aren't available anywhere in the game for me!

EPIC FAIL!
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 25.05.2017
    The new dockyard feature is broken for me too!

Only as an added bug, the Hard Worker Event requires me to gather items via this broken feature so is now bugged too.
    edited 25.05.2017
    You have to complete all the Oleg fishing tasks before you can use the dockyard.  Wabbit advised us of that in the mod bulletin
    Where IN THE ACTUAL GAME is this mentioned?    Not everyone wants to hunt and fish through forums to figure out how this game works.  What happens with ALL THREE of my coops is people get in chat and ask how does it work, very few actually come here to read up on it, so it's just frustrating, then people start dropping off and not even checking in.  (I may have to myself for awhile.)

As for oleg finishing anything, forget it.   Fishing is about the LEAST fun thing on this game.   Just tried again, for the first time EVER I got a menu by one of the boats and could actually send him out.  BIG DEAL!  
    Only advantage is I didn't have to buy bait first.   THough I don't pay much attention, I probably spent more on the boat.     Going for mahi-mahi.   Need 240 of them.  Darn things are ALWAYS at the bottom under tons of the WRONG fish.   I think I ended up catching three.   Several others who got in the way, no option when  you get one in to toss it back.   So the bucket gets filled, fishing over, can't go back his boat for some reason turned into a rubber raft now.   This just isn't worth it.

Know what?   This whole thing is just stupid.   Oleg can just fish for bass on his own till the end of time.
    If I have to put in time manually fishing with him to do anything with this new thing?    Forget it.

I definately agree that this should be obvious in the game and there should be instructions there also.  Not everyone goes to the forum and there was also confusion in our co-op  in regards to some having the dock and some not.  And some were certain they finished their tasks for Oleg and I was too, however red head lady popped up asking me to collect a small amount of milk and then wheat and then more fish and apples.  Next thing Oleg pops up again with another fishing task.  And them more fishing tasks with other characters.  

At any rate i finally was able to open this up.  This really should not be difficult for people to figure out, it should all be laid out in the game as you are playing.
  • Robert81 (US1)Robert81 (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    This does happen on all locations. When ever I try to go fishing on my own cannot real fish in. Hit button like normal and will not real in at all.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    The new dockyard feature is broken for me too!

Only as an added bug, the Hard Worker Event requires me to gather items via this broken feature so is now bugged too.
    you need to complete the fishing sidebar tasks to open the dockyard tasks.... :(
    I just got the hard worker event, opened for 3 days and it is broken... asking for items that aren't available, to me anyway, in the game!
    finish the fishing sidebar tasks and the dockyard will become available  to you... then you can start building fleet, sending boats out to get the items you need... :)
  • need to supply catfish to start my dockyard but though i am madly fishing [and catching] catfish when i go to donate i am told i do not have any. how am i supposed to progress when i am denied my catches/
  • shantam (IN1)shantam (IN1) Posts: 111
    edited 25.05.2017
    When i send boat in river that shows there is 100-300 or 600 fishes but boat will back with 1 fish only. Y this happening?
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 25.05.2017
    I'm clearly missing something but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fish for herring (hwe wants it next) when none of the locations have herring in them.

That said, the official announcement said there were 8 areas you could fish, there's only six on my map.

Any useful suggestions?
    @Corvid (GB1) There are 8 different locations, but they are not all active all the time, when you catch all the fish at one location, that one will close & another one will open. Hopefully one with the fish that you want.

I don't even understand what we are supposed to do.  I go to that location and it is blue water - there is nothing to click on.  WHat am I missing???
    U have just put the drudgery out but I have no idea what to do u did not explain and what about the boat it does nothing  I look at blue water so I am going to loose points and money for this? I am almost done with this game u do not explain anything.
    @Farmer Monasita (US1) @AmazingVivian (US1) Have you completed all your Oleg fishing tasks? Check the taskbar on ALL of your farms, looking for other tasks (the task may not ask you to fish) & it should be at the top of the list of tasks.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    This does happen on all locations. When ever I try to go fishing on my own cannot real fish in. Hit button like normal and will not real in at all.
    I've had that problem ever since fishing was introduced -- doesn't matter which device.  Can't reel them in.  At. All.
    have you stocked your boat? have you upgraded your boat? all this will determine how many fish you bring back :)
  • I was working through the fishing tasks and got a message that there were three more tasks but they are not on any of my taskbars. Could you list them so we can try even if they don't show up anywhere?

• Got my oysters for the HWE
    manned and stocked my boat for herring and tuna and sent boat to the herring/tuna site on the map
    and the boat went back to the oyster site
    What a waste of money and time.  Why does the boat not go to the site you are on when you send it??
    How are you supposed to get herring for the next HWE requirement?
    Do you need a new boat for each site?   instructions are not very clear on this
    Is that why we have to name them  i.e.  oyster boat, herring/tuna boat, etc. ? 
    @DxrxbillingGame (US1) All boats are capable of catching all types of fish. If you click on the location you wish to go to & select "Go fishing" it should show you any boats that you have already equipped for that location, you can select one & click "deploy" or click the + button to see all your boats and equip one.

Each type of fish requires 1 specific item to catch it, you would have used the rake for your oysters, did you equip your boat with the "Fish net" when you went out for Herring?
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 25.05.2017
    Yes, you do need your building slot to get a boat, in the same way as when you buy/place anything in the game. You will also need it for upgrading boats or the dockyard.

If you click on the dockyard & do not get the option to manage your boats, on the ring menu & you do not have a new task in the deep sea screen, then you need to check ALL your other farms for Oleg tasks (they should be at the top of the task list).
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • LSB_TTS (INT1)LSB_TTS (INT1) Posts: 74
    edited 25.05.2017
    Got my oysters for the HWE
    manned and stocked my boat for herring and tuna and sent boat to the herring/tuna site on the map
    and the boat went back to the oyster site
    What a waste of money and time.  Why does the boat not go to the site you are on when you send it??
    How are you supposed to get herring for the next HWE requirement?
    Do you need a new boat for each site?   instructions are not very clear on this
    Is that why we have to name them  i.e.  oyster boat, herring/tuna boat, etc. ? 
    @DxrxbillingGame (US1) All boats are capable of catching all types of fish. If you click on the location you wish to go to & select "Go fishing" it should show you any boats that you have already equipped for that location, you can select one & click "deploy" or click the + button to see all your boats and equip one.

Each type of fish requires 1 specific item to catch it, you would have used the rake for your oysters, did you equip your boat with the "Fish net" when you went out for Herring?
    hey Wally, my HWE requires Herring but i checked all the spots at there are no herring. So I have a few questions:

there are 6 spots, will the fish change from time to time?
    If i catch all the fish will new ones spawn there?
    I can catch herring right ? (none of them show up in any spot. Actually i only see 4 kinds and none of them are actually fish , just lobster clam oyster and shrimp). 

Finally, is there a limit to how many boats we can have? I have like 8 right now and getting more due to HWE rewards. 
  • Other ppl in my coop can buy a boat and go fishing now, me, I can't.

My fishing level is 39. The mermaid bay is level 6. I caught all types of fish. I finished all the fishing tasks in the left panel. I have been to all area's with the old boat t thingy. Yet my shipyard only has one action circle and that is for info. I can not upgrade it, I can not buy a boat....

Please inform me what I am missing so that I can go boating :)

• Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    edited 25.05.2017
    I am unable to open the dockyard and have completed every fishing task.  Have also signed out and cleared cache.  No difference.  There's definitely a problem here - with the new update the fishing tasks should default to the recommended task slots.  I have none in the recommended task slots or on any farm.  So can't do anything with the HWE.  Frustrating!!
  • How many hours now, and I still do not have access to a fishing area that has Oysters, Shrimp or Clams!!

How is this cool, GGS.

I have 8 boats!  Do I need to build a clam bed, or what?!?!

Bite my Bass this is Horse Malarkey.
    well this won't be a solution to your problem, but if it may make you feel better, you are not alone, I only also have 6 fishing locations and in non there is any oyster/shrimp/clam, which seem to be the favorite of HWE event for me too...

well I just send a motorboat with oyster catching item equipped to it to the nearest fishing area to the dock which only has herring and tuna, no oyster, so its probably gonna be a pretty stupid idea and waste of my dollars with no return, but oh well, better than just sitting doing nothing till gge notices we have an oyster problem...

P.S. is it just me or the architect has gone fully insane for everyone(due to fishing bugs maybe)? he just disappeared like idk 15min ago and now he's back again :confused:

how funny, i have the opposite problem as you1 i ONLY have oyster shrimp and clam. Can I send my boats to your farm ?! :P 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Other ppl in my coop can buy a boat and go fishing now, me, I can't.

My fishing level is 39. The mermaid bay is level 6. I caught all types of fish. I finished all the fishing tasks in the left panel. I have been to all area's with the old boat t thingy. Yet my shipyard only has one action circle and that is for info. I can not upgrade it, I can not buy a boat....

Please inform me what I am missing so that I can go boating :)

Check the task list on your MAIN FARM for a task that asks you to donate milk or wheat.. I forget which (or maybe it's both).  it doesn't seem like it's a fishing task, but it is.
  • johanne (AU1) said:
    seems to be a lot of issues that need to be sorted ... although it would be nice for a ggs moderator to come on and confirm there are major issues and are being worked on. I've seen other convo's about it as well ,,, it possibly should have stayed in the fix bin till it was released. All the same good luck  :wink:
    @johanne (AU1) There is definitely a lot of confusion, but fortunately not many bugs (so far)  There are just a couple of pop-ups when some people try to harvest, either barn too small or sell chickenfeed/corn, both of which have a workaround.

The main problem appears to be that some people still have Oleg tasks to complete, when they thought that they had done them all already, but things seem to be ok once they are completed.
  • Ok I am gonna try that, and post the results in a few :)
  • If you click on the dockyard & do not get the option to manage your boats, on the ring menu & you do not have a new task in the deep sea screen, then you need to check ALL your other farms for a task with a fish on it (it should be at the top of the task list).

I have checked all of my farms and there is no fishing task showing anywhere. I was told the last task is buy and use a large minnow hook, but I never received that task.

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Hi Wabbit i also face same problem . My next box is Cham but i dont have it in any location :-( . no new location got activated too :-( Also i m not able to see what fishes are inside which boat. This way i ended up collecting 13 chams which i had saved for the next box :-( Any solutions to these problems?
  • I finally had a co-op member send me to the tasks on the LEFT side of the flower farm task list. Once I did Oleg's bidding I was able to unlock the boat building. Since it is my flower farm and there isn't much to do there on the tasks except expand and add deco's I never pay attention to it.
    *sigh*
    I wasted a lot of time trying to figure this out. 
Sign In to comment.