Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 25.05.2017
    nothing visible at the new dock with the exception of the shanty having "ZZZ" over it when clicking on the ring only get the blue "i" info

already tried multiple browsers with cleared cache and many refreshes zippo!! (all fishing tasks have been done long ago)

gj at having rolling out new material  and a HWE many of us can't participate in  - very disappointing. 

also the change in yarnuckle boat times is next to impossible with docking times during work and after midnight --  really dropped the ball on that one ! there is a much better way to time it as other games don't have the same issues. the yarnuckle boat was the only redeeming feature of the CV roll out for me 

Update: after deciding to give up on the new dock i went back to my normal browser and upon logging in i got a message saying a task had been completed even though i have done nothing new and now the new dock is working for me either GGS is working overtime or something just kicked in for some unknown reason. 

Update2:  however now i have the barn problem T_T!!!! selling didnt help either can't harvest anything @_@

Update3: finally got to harvest - this has been more work than working!!! 
    Post edited by JustMe (US1) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

This update has added very good content, the previously available fishing, Oleg etc, was also excellent

Maybe the themed HWE has been started a tad too soon given that most people have barely had time to look at the new content if at all

:smile:  
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I have a question. What is the whole point of this new fishing? 

You spend money to by a boat, and all that is needed to send it out. Wait a few hours and it comes back with fish. The fish you use to make bait. The bait is use to do more fishing.

Now granted you get FXP but is there any other reward such as cash, or stock to sell?

At least with the old fishing you made money.

Am I missing something or dose this have some tangible reason other tan FXP? (and I am not talking about the hard work event)

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    a question for MODs please :)

I have a few members in my coop that have completed the old fishing quest and are over FXP 33 and still can't get the event. They have tried all the normal self fix-its too so do you know something I'm missing?
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    a couple of players in my coop have the same problem. all side bar tasks on FF for Oleg have been completed, they have cleared cache and refreshed their game and still only circle with info tab comes up. any help would be appredciated
  • Got my oysters for the HWE
    manned and stocked my boat for herring and tuna and sent boat to the herring/tuna site on the map
    and the boat went back to the oyster site
    What a waste of money and time.  Why does the boat not go to the site you are on when you send it??
    How are you supposed to get herring for the next HWE requirement?
    Do you need a new boat for each site?   instructions are not very clear on this
    Is that why we have to name them  i.e.  oyster boat, herring/tuna boat, etc. ? 
  • I just clicked on the boat and it let me build it
  • Hi! Wich quests are you required to do to start this new thing? I don't have any quests regarding fishing but I can't build boats either. the info is not enough for me to figure out how to play this......
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 25.05.2017
    Hi! Wich quests are you required to do to start this new thing? I don't have any quests regarding fishing but I can't build boats either. the info is not enough for me to figure out how to play this......
    the side tasks  to do with fish on the flower farm and you have to be level 20 on fishing.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I have the task: "Buy a boat".  I also have the hard worker event sending me to the dockyard.  I try to buy a boat and it tells me I need to fast forward the building I am upgrading.  I am confused ... am I "buying" a boat or am I "building" a boat???  I own no boats yet but obviously need one in order to start the hard worker event.

I cannot even start the hard worker event for another 10 hours if I actually have to "build" the boat or of course I could spend gold to fast forward ::: rolls eyes ::::

This just isn't right.  Why start the hard work event right after releasing the dockyard if the boat does indeed need to be "built" first and of course send the architect to our farm at the same time??  :::: shaking my head ::::
  • SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    these few players can't get that to come up. They only get the circle with the info tab. must be one of those famous bugs. :)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    these few players can't get that to come up. They only get the circle with the info tab. must be one of those famous bugs. :)

I had the same problem with having just the circle, I logged out and back in and that was fine.  Just can't "buy" a boat because my building slot is busy :(
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Remember that Oleg has some quests that don't LOOK like fishing quests.. Such as the one where you have to collect milk, wheat, corn, wildflowers, etc... on the main farm. it doesn't even have a picture of Oleg on it as I recall, it's just a book or something.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

You spend money to by a boat, and all that is needed to send it out. Wait a few hours and it comes back with fish. The fish you use to make bait. The bait is use to do more fishing.

Now granted you get FXP but is there any other reward such as cash, or stock to sell?

Am I missing something or dose this have some tangible reason other tan FXP? (and I am not talking about the hard work event)

Even if you ignored the HW and other aspects, you could send out boats and sell the fish for farm dollars.  So it is definitely able to produce dollars to put into your other farms.
  • Rose1979 (US1)Rose1979 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    a fishing event and not able to fish - how great is that?   It would be nice to at least try to do something on the HWE - less that 6 hours to do all the work for the HWE and if you cannot fish to do any of the prelim work - how can you expect anyone to participate.

On the issue of the pools of fish.........they are different for different people.  Some people have one lobster location, others have two.  Some people have one oyster location.  Others have three.

THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM.  It makes the HW totally unfair.   Someone with only one lobster location is VERY disadvantaged against a player with two or three lobster locations, because the fish run out.  The Fishing HW cannot be fair as long as this persists.  It seems that there are usually six locations, so there need to be 2 of each type on each farm to ensure fairness.

(And yes, before GGS tells me that people have differing numbers of fields, or cows, or apples, in the regular HW.....it is the users choice as to how many they have.......whereas, on the Fishing screen it is not my choice). 

A separate question on these locations......I have one location that has been out of fish for hours.  When are they coming back?  Are they coming back?
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

Even if you ignored the HW and other aspects, you could send out boats and sell the fish for farm dollars.  So it is definitely able to produce dollars to put into your other farms.
    THANK YOU 

That s what I wanted to know
  • Sa11y (US1)Sa11y (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    My sidebar tasks now want me to update a level 5 silo to level 3.  I can't find anymore fishing tasks and still can't go out to fish for  oysters/clams or cod :(.

• jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    I am a bit disappointed. Several members of my coop state that they got an email today that gave them this message:

"...Unlock deep sea fishing at the dockyard and use this great gift right away:
    1 Norfolk wherry, 2 trawling nets, 2 stand up rods, and 2 rakes"

Well that's fine and dandy but I don't have one. Period. Other members in my coop also say the same. 

Will there be a second round of gift giving?

• ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    Why there is change in rewards of new hwe , specially last two rewards , there was 4 seaweed and 2 gml and what about the top 50 gml ?
  • I think I just used the bait - have only used a boat a couple of times.  I'd certainly try the bait first, before getting a boat.  Easier and cheaper
    @shazamd (US1)  I beg to differ.  I calculate that it is FAR cheaper to send OLEG fishing for you.  In addition to having to purchase the Pickerel Bait at $3325 (that gets you 3 fish, so call it $1100/fish,) when you fish on your own,  you have the added cost of the hook (minimum $225/fish) pole, line & reel.  If all goes well, you are buying 10kg Pickerel for about $1400, or you can send OLEG out on the Sailboat to the Wild River for $193 per 10kg Pickerel plus get all the Bass, Carp, Catfish & Sturgeon as a bonus.  P.S. the Motorboat earns you more fish $ at the Wild River too at a cost of about $5 more per KG.

I hope this analysis helps some folks make money on the fishing game.
  • How many hours now, and I still do not have access to a fishing area that has Oysters, Shrimp or Clams!!

How is this cool, GGS.

I have 8 boats!  Do I need to build a clam bed, or what?!?!

Bite my Bass this is Horse Malarkey.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Well i have finished my fishing tasks but the boatdock has zzz that are red what am i missing?

• Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 25.05.2017
    How many hours now, and I still do not have access to a fishing area that has Oysters, Shrimp or Clams!!

How is this cool, GGS.

I have 8 boats!  Do I need to build a clam bed, or what?!?!

Bite my Bass this is Horse Malarkey.
    well this won't be a solution to your problem, but if it may make you feel better, you are not alone, I only also have 6 fishing locations and in non there is any oyster/shrimp/clam, which seem to be the favorite of HWE event for me too...

well I just send a motorboat with oyster catching item equipped to it to the nearest fishing area to the dock which only has herring and tuna, no oyster, so its probably gonna be a pretty stupid idea and waste of my dollars with no return, but oh well, better than just sitting doing nothing till gge notices we have an oyster problem...

P.S. is it just me or the architect has gone fully insane for everyone(due to fishing bugs maybe)? he just disappeared like idk 15min ago and now he's back again :confused:

• johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    Well i have finished my fishing tasks but the boatdock has zzz that are red what am i missing?

I know its a silly question .. if you have definitely finished all of Oleg's tasks have you tried emptying cache and refreshing ???? I don't know one of my team members doesn't have the same fishing spots as me so he misses out on oysters, clams and shrimp : (   I realise there will be bug but this is not a couple of minor issues
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 25.05.2017
    Marowit said:
    @"SANDRAUser60 (US1)"

We did not remove the GML from the new fishing HWE and they are still there as rewords for the regular farm HWE :)
    @Marowit Are you running regular HWE on the same schedule as before with fishing HWE added to it, or have you replaced one of the regular HWE with fishing HWE? In first case you would have added chance for one more GML, in second case you would have removed 2 GML from the reward pool. Which one is it?

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436

I know its a silly question .. if you have definitely finished all of Oleg's tasks have you tried emptying cache and refreshing ???? I don't know one of my team members doesn't have the same fishing spots as me so he misses out on oysters, clams and shrimp : (   I realise there will be bug but this is not a couple of minor issues
    Yes i was just reading in another thread that there is some milk and wheat you have to collect it is was a very small amount so i have done that and now i have more fish to collect but it is not Oleg asking for it.  oh well will just keep plugging along as some in my co-op can't get it either.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 25.05.2017
    When my boats return from their voyages and are docked (waiting to be collected),
    is there a way to know what cargo (fish) they are holding before I collect it?
    Hovering the mouse over the boat tells nothing.
    And once you click on the boat it auto-collects.
    This could get confusing during this fishing hard work event-- having several boats fishing for different fish. At least they let us name the boats.

• OMG!  I just figured it out!

The developers at GGS own the HAIR CLUB!

They take our money & our patience until we pull all our hair out & quit playing Big Farm.  Then, when we need to be presentable in RL, they stick it to us again when we all join the HAIR CLUB to get it replaced.

This is the only logical conclusion!
Sign In to comment.