Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    My first boat just arrived in and I couldn't collect my fish till I sold corn ??? is this right ?

Is anyone else having this problem ?
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I can't take part in this FHW don't have a boat built, have been hopeless at catching the fish, so I send Oleg. I just tried for bluefish, all but  1 swam away , that 1 actually swam backwards to escape the line. Not a fishing person but am sure they cannot do that    :p
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    edited 24.05.2017
    @WascallyWabbit A little confused - the HWE wants me to collect oysters; but there are NO spots on my 'fishing region' where oysters are shown as available.  I have a motorboat out hunting lobsters, but that's all so far.  As I'm new to it, I may well be missing something and there is perhaps a method of catching oysters that I don't yet know about - if so, would someone please let me know how? 

Of course, the alternative is to use gold to 'skip' the oysters and move onto the next item... which is clams.  There are NO spots where I can fish for clams, either.  I'm not at all sure it's fair to have these items for collection when there is no way to achieve that; and therefore the rewards for the event are unavailable to me, because the game itself prevents me collecting them.
  • How do you even collect fish???? What do you need, I'm so confused.
  • johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/154001/update-may-24th-dockyard-deep-sea-fishing-more

try this info Jett.C  :) good luck

just remember you have to finish ALL of the fishing tasks to be able to do this
  • the two spots nearest  have oysters in them but as im only able to catch 2 fish at a time i cant see the point doing hard work event
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Absurd, totally absurd.

And of course they start it at night, when no one is around.
  • there is not location for fishing..I cant start silos

http://prntscr.com/fbqotu

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    well i see a small dockyard but cant do anything with it it just as a ! in the ring  and then it says available from level 20 ? level 20 on what ???? my oleg fisher is at level 28 so what do you do if i go to the flower farm and click on the dockyard it just takes me to another dockyard on a new island / area of water in the ring it as ! and nothing else i cannot do anything build etc

make sure you have finished all of your side tasks for fishing. The last ones are buy large minnow hook and use large minnow hook.  Then you will be able to build a boat.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    A little confused - the HWE wants me to collect oysters; but there are NO spots on my 'fishing region' where oysters are shown as available.  I have a motorboat out hunting lobsters, but that's all so far.  As I'm new to it, I may well be missing something and there is perhaps a method of catching oysters that I don't yet know about - if so, would someone please let me know how?  Otherwise, it would seem that the HWE is unplayable for me, this time round.

I am having the same problem. Also no place where there are shrimp or clams so I cant even skip for gold and resolve it.

top right corner look for areas like that theres six in total just move your cursor over them, they do stand out a bit like puddles
  • just sent boat out to catch clams will take just over 3 hours 

top right corner look for areas like that theres six in total just move your cursor over them, they do stand out a bit like puddles
    Some of us have only 5 with only fish, some have 6 locations with different products
    It loos like is not the same game.
    It is big bug..
    *sighs* Ah well, I shall just have to be content with the 10 seaweed feed for starting the event, and ignore the rest of it. I shall spend the next few days - while the silo sits there idle - trying not to have a sense of humour failure  - but I'm not making any promises, lol
  • i dont understand why the rankings have been  broken down using what fishing level you are when the  dock yard and what the hard work event want us to catch have nothing to do with the fishing part of the game
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 24.05.2017
    removed problem solved

There are several farms in my coop that are having this same problem.... there is NOTHING showing up in the ring menu of the dockyard, so they cant do ANYTHING with the new fishing thing.... which is absurd beyond belief....
    HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY FIX THE OLD ISSUES BEFORE BRINGING NEW THINGS TO THE GAME - ESP NEW THINGS WE DONT WANT ANYWWAY AND ARE A WASTE OF FARMING TIME.
  • Just-Ique (NL1)Just-Ique (NL1) Posts: 61
    edited 25.05.2017
    I'm missing the spots where I can find the oysters, shrimps or clams. Very disappointing, because I was looking forward to doing this fish HWE. 
    Post edited by Just-Ique (NL1) on
  • I don't have a salmon pool......   :(
  • A little confused - the HWE wants me to collect oysters; but there are NO spots on my 'fishing region' where oysters are shown as available.  I have a motorboat out hunting lobsters, but that's all so far.  As I'm new to it, I may well be missing something and there is perhaps a method of catching oysters that I don't yet know about - if so, would someone please let me know how?  Otherwise, it would seem that the HWE is unplayable for me, this time round.

I am having the same problem. Also no place where there are shrimp or clams so I cant even skip for gold and resolve it.

oysters clams and shrimp are all together in the (barely visible) fishing area closest to the dock - it's got rocks in it... had to look real hard to see it - it's not outlined real well like the other areas.....
  • Rose1979 (US1)Rose1979 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    After an hour - finally able to comment here.    This fishing HWE sucks!    I cannot fish on my farm  - cannot reel in anything on any of the 3 fields - however when I click on them to try - money disappears and then it tells me I caught all the fish allotted and that is a big zero!    Making a HWE on fish only is stupid.    having less that a few hours to figure it all out is absurd!   This is enough to make me quit this game!    It is so unfair to the people that work weekends to have a CC only on weekends, and now with the taking away one HWE - and not being able to fish to even try on the HWE  - I am angry.    This game used to be my escape from the pressures of everyday life.  Guess it is time to move on and find a working game!
  • It's not working, I get a red arrow and that's it.  Fun times...

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    there is not location for fishing..I cant start silos

Some of us have only 5 with only fish, some have 6 locations with different products
    It loos like is not the same game.
    It is big bug..

The fish in each location seems to be random, still trying to flesh that out.. Where I have oysters & clams in Fishing Spot #1, another Co-Op member has Cod & Salmon..
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    OH COME ON NOW!   The hard worker starts, asking ONLY for stuff I have no way to get?
    Guess I'll add that to my ignore list.  (Growing list that is.)

Looks like the new fishing thing is ONLY for people who leveled the fishing guy up enough.

Well phoey!   TO THIS DAY I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO USE THE STUPID BOATS!!!!!!!!!! 
    Or even how or why one appeared.   

Click ON the boat, it only upgrades it to another kind of boat.   I don't know what or who to click on to actually use it.    There is no spot on oleg to "fish on the boat" or anything simple like that.   Again clicking ON the boat only blows funds to change and/or "rent" the boat.   

I know people have said how much they make from it.   Well good for you.  I have NO CLUE how it works.

Just going fishing off the pier is a ROYAL BORING PAIN!   I gave up on the whole thing long ago.  
    Tried again this morning.  Fish for oh hell.   what ever stupid fish.  Bought the bait, got the fish, and of course I waste time catching OTHER fish first.   If I manage to hook the right one, sometimes I can get it in.  Sometimes no way.  I don't know if it's bad line, bad pole, or just a whale of a fish.   I may have to try three times just to bring it in.   Only to find I got what?  8g fish?   And I need some 240?  I dont' have time for this.
    It's boring and stupid.   SO I just send oleg to fish on his own.  Sell off bass once in awhile and be done with the stupid thing.

So now…. there is a WHOLE new area I can't do a thing with.  No one in any of my coops has a clue either.
    NOW the hard worker comes along, at least I could get a few things from that.    But no.  All his tasks are for stuff I can't get.    

I read the official announcement posted somewhere in all this.   OH MY GOD another OVERLY complicated thing.   WHY do your designers thing everyone on here is into deciphering your complicated nonsense?

KISS…. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!    This just isn't worth my time.   Really beginning to hate this whole dumb game lately.   
  • yep mine are in totally different places

Just to add to the fun; every time I go to the Fish Farm, my main 'farm management' window pops up there first!... and now the 'harvest ready' indicator is green, but my boat isn't due back for 3 hours.  *cleans glasses, looks again, shakes head in despair, and goes back to planting corn instead*
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    After an hour - finally able to comment here.    This fishing HWE sucks!    I cannot fish on my farm  - cannot reel in anything on any of the 3 fields - however when I click on them to try - money disappears and then it tells me I caught all the fish allotted and that is a big zero!    Making a HWE on fish only is stupid.    having less that a few hours to figure it all out is absurd!   This is enough to make me quit this game!    It is so unfair to the people that work weekends to have a CC only on weekends, and now with the taking away one HWE - and not being able to fish to even try on the HWE  - I am angry.    This game used to be my escape from the pressures of everyday life.  Guess it is time to move on and find a working game!
    Glad it's not just me who feels this way.
  • Just to add to the fun; every time I go to the Fish Farm, my main 'farm management' window pops up there first!... and now the 'harvest ready' indicator is green, but my boat isn't due back for 3 hours.  *cleans glasses, looks again, shakes head in despair, and goes back to planting corn instead*
    just had the same issue  reloading  screen got rid of it
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 25.05.2017
    Marowit said:
    Hello Everyone,

Let me answer some of your questions:

You will get FXP from building/upgrading boats and producing chum in the dockyard.

The GML have not been removed from the new HWE, some items like the decos from activity rewards have been replaced with Deepsea fishing related items such as boats.

Ranking rewards now contain a chosable reward box where you can chose between farm items or deepseafishing items.

The is no "active" fishing in this new content, it's similar to a farm, you select your boat, place equipment on it(if you want to), send them off and collect the products some time later.

Item efficiency is visible for each item, there is a small image of the respective boat and if you hover over you will see the name of the boat the item should be used on.

Items serve as a way to specialize your boats, you can make boats that come back fast but catch a small amount of fish, boats that stay out fishing for 1 day or more but return with a big catch.

That statement was not true.  There is one GML at 1.2 million.....not two.  And there is not one for being in the top 50.  2 of the 3 GMLs have been removed.

Additionally, given that no one was prepared to fish for the HW, 1.2 million seems most unlikely.....making the number of GML's that are winnable to be most likely zero, but definitely no more than one.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I have a harvesting bug. It started today May 24th. My barn hold 4500 honey. I have 3800 and yet I am unable to harvest. It is forcing me to sell ALL of it in order to harvest. This is the same but we had at the start of the village. 

It is not just honey and it has to be linked to the new fishing as it was not there until today.

Sign In to comment.