Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Lylu (INT1)    @gavinfarms (US1)

It appears that Yarnacle will be paying us an extended visit this time in order for his schedule to be reset.  
    Thereafter the new scheduling should be active.
  • how to use dockyard and how to upgrade????
    @lubna5 (AU1) If you completed all of your fishing tasks for Oleg, you should be able to click on your dockyard to get into the new fishing screen & there will be new tasks in there for you to follow. :)
  • Northsta (US1)Northsta (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    I can't do anything in the new Fishing Region.  I get no tasks, no boats, nothing.  Just a little house with in info tab.  Completely blank.  Is there a specific level you have to be before you can use this?  I'm at 43.  
  • you need slot to buy boat:)))
  • how to use dockyard and how to upgrade????
    @lubna5 (AU1) If you completed all of your fishing tasks for Oleg, you should be able to click on your dockyard to get into the new fishing screen & there will be new tasks in there for you to follow. :)
    thank you:)))
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    My dockyard seems to be working fine. It is very easy to get right in there and get started. Very well done GGS! Once you do the first task you can get started.

Looks like it may be a way to make some FXP and farm cash. I think I would be more excited about this if we could catch fish to use in the mermaid bay but I can live with making money.
  • but having many task of fish it very hard to finish all task now i am on that task i also  dont  know how many remain task
  • I'm confused. When I click on the dockyard all I get is the info dot. It says available from level 20. I am level 36. Can't tell you my fishing level since you can ONLY find out by clicking Oleg and he's busy for the next few hours.
    I already don't like this new content. Why didn't we get the test server to familiarize ourselves with it first?
  • but all are easy:))
  • I'm confused. When I click on the dockyard all I get is the info dot. It says available from level 20. I am level 36. Can't tell you my fishing level since you can ONLY find out by clicking Oleg and he's busy for the next few hours.
    I already don't like this new content. Why didn't we get the test server to familiarize ourselves with it first?
    because of the you do not completed your side  fish task first you complete then try:))
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 24.05.2017
    For those of you that are having problems getting started try this.

On your Farm tracker bar you will see a new icon, Fishing, like shown below.
    Clicking on that icon will take you to the Fishing screen, from there click on the Dockyard building and see if that works.

edit: From further reading on this Dockyard's announcement page I found that you must have completed all the Oleg fishing task first before you are offered the the starting task for this.
  • So far, so good.........I'm kinda diggin' the new fishin' stuff GGS!  It has added a little spark to the humdrum this mornin'!  Much obliged!   :#
  • this update is greatest update  :):):)

• Yes it was very easy to get there and right off the bat I noticed the shipwreck ... which made me think.. is the dockyard, in the future, going to have scuba gear to buy or rent to explore the shipwreck ?  How fun would that be  :p   Imagine finding sunken treasure, artifacts... that could be traded for gold or given to the BF museum with special thanks to the discover'.  All kinds of ideas B)

Oh and the graphics are awesome...as usual ...love the clear water  <3
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 24.05.2017
    @Northsta (US1)   @cookiebeep01 (INT1)

The Dockyard will only become functional once you have completed the entire Oleg quest (the one from some time before). The tasks for this quest appears in the left hand taskbar.

The last task you need to complete for that particular quest is called "Patience is silver but hooks are golden". Once you have finished that one (buying and using a large minnow hook), the dockyard will be fully unlocked.

Good luck  :)

• Northsta (US1)Northsta (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    Thank you!  :)

• Thanks all;)
  • does the level means fisihing level or farm level?
  • Can't tell you my fishing level since you can ONLY find out by clicking Oleg and he's busy for the next few hours.

@cookiebeep01 (INT1)  Your fishing level & FXP bar are also now in the fishing shop. You can access that from Oleg's ring menu, even when he is busy. :)
    does the level means fisihing level or farm level?
    @AlfariziUser (INT1) Depends where mean. To access the new content, you need to complete all of Oleg's fishing tasks, which should now be showing as recommended tasks if you have not already done them all.
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 24.05.2017
    This bug is gone after you cleared you cache, i only had it in the beginning but now it is gone. And the only thing i did was clearing my cache of useless things.

BTW, how much boats can a player hold, the dock is not big enough for all my boats to return? And how much boats can you put on 1 fishing spot?
  • edited 24.05.2017
    hi just wanted to double check something  just incase im dreaming are you seriously going to start a new hard work event for the deep sea fishing a few hours after we have only just started trying to figure this out.

you guys at GGS are seriously loosing the plot or you  are expecting us to use shed loads of gold to make it work,

im going for the first as i wont be using any gold at least give us some time to get this thing sussed out and had a chance to do some upgrading
  • hi just wanted to double check something  just incase im dreaming are you seriously going to start a new hard work event for the deep sea fishing a few hours after we have only just started trying to figure this out.

you guys at GGS are seriously loosing the plot or you  are expecting us to use shed loads of gold to make it work,

im going for the first as i wont be using any gold at least give us some time to get this thing sussed out and had a chance to do some upgrading
    yeah i thought the same thing LOL
    i think people won't be able to get many points this first time

also yeah, how many boats can we have? at dock level 1 and 2
  • edited 24.05.2017
    half of our co-op havent even been online cos there at work  so what chance do they have, Zero, zilch, nada, no *f%&%^^g chance :open_mouth:

* = flipping ;)
  • Marowit said:
    The re-arrange tool is still on Ice for now.

It created allot of problems so we just put it in the freezer and it will most likely stay there for a long time.
    That is very disappointing. It should have been top priority after launching the village with all the decorations with VHP needing rebuild times if put in your storage. I don't want to spend a day at negative happiness rebuilding my decorations in order to rearrange things.
  • also 3 hours 30 mins to catch 2 shrimp i hope this hard work event lasts 3 months ;)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    My biggest complaint at this time is that I do not know how long that each boat will be gone until I send it.  I would like to see how long each boat would be used in each spot before I commit it.  Yes, I can see the percentages and how they are effected by the workers and bait, and other tools.  However, those times and percentages in that window....I cannot translate them into a time for how long the boat will be gone.

One boat that I sent for what I thought would be about 3-5 hours, is gone for over 10 hours.  The times need to be made clear to make this more efficient.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    AS USUAL, GG rolls out something new with absolutely NO instructions what so ever.

I see a new boat icon with my farms.   Nice beach.   A building that doesn't seem to do anything, and nothing more.
    What is it?    I tried looking in discussions about new stuff and don't even see it mentioned.

Does this involve the boats that seem to randomly appear by my fisherman?   I never did figure out how to actually use those.  Again NO instructions what so ever.   Tried clicking on the boat a few times, all that seems to do is upgrade the boat.
    I know people said they make money off of it, be nice if I knew what to click on and where.   I just send oleg off fishing and sell the bass.   

So anyone have a clue what this new thing is now?   

(I really hate that I have to hunt and fish forums for game play instructions on what started out as a simple farm game.)
  • monica1230 (US1)monica1230 (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 24.05.2017
    New jetty times have started, he is back at the dock.  So for the US this means he arrives at 1am and 1pm EST
    Suggestion set the servers like the daily tasks based on the times zone.  There is now no way most people in my US coop will be able to catch him twice a day and some due to work schedule not even once.

dockyard boats - the time as sea seems to be logically the closer to shore the shorter the time, the further out the longer gone.  Anyone else seeing something different?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 24.05.2017
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
Sign In to comment.