Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Comments

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Thank you Marowit for the clarification , I'm looking forward to what  seems to be a great addition to the game :p
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Marowit said:
    Hello Everyone,

Let me answer some of your questions:

You will get FXP from building/upgrading boats and producing chum in the dockyard.

The GML have not been removed from the new HWE, some items like the decos from activity rewards have been replaced with Deepsea fishing related items such as boats.

Ranking rewards now contain a chosable reward box where you can chose between farm items or deepseafishing items.

The is no "active" fishing in this new content, it's similar to a farm, you select your boat, place equipment on it(if you want to), send them off and collect the products some time later.

Item efficiency is visible for each item, there is a small image of the respective boat and if you hover over you will see the name of the boat the item should be used on.

Items serve as a way to specialize your boats, you can make boats that come back fast but catch a small amount of fish, boats that stay out fishing for 1 day or more but return with a big catch.

Hopefully this FXP will be in large amounts that are practical, useful, and actually advance players meaningfully.

I am glad that there is no active fishing.  The game is getting a bit complex, which is very good, but that leaves less and less time for manual fishing.

By the way, is there any word on the re-arrange tool that you all took away.  We really need it.  I have improvements that are waiting on that tool to return.
  • MarowitMarowit Guest Posts: 59
    The re-arrange tool is still on Ice for now.

It created allot of problems so we just put it in the freezer and it will most likely stay there for a long time.
  • how many time remaining for update????
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Marowit said:

You will get FXP from building/upgrading boats and producing chum in the dockyard.
    Woohoo! I like. :)

Thanks Marowit; the new fishing stuff sounds interesting, can't wait to see what it looks like. :)

Also, REALLY appreciate changing Yarnacle's Personal Reward Chest so that it's available (when docked) until collected. This was sorely needed. I no longer have to set my alarm to get up before noon to make sure I collect my rewards. :) 

Two big :+1::+1:  :)
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I interpreted this to mean that they are flipping it.....which, yes, will be less convenient for US players......but more convenient for European ones (which I suspect was precisely the point).
    i am not sure how much more convenient 1am or midnight is for Germany, Denmark, Sweden..... or 2am/1am is for Finland, Ukraine, Greece and so on....
    By the way, the Architect has been gone for a really long time.  He did not come at all between the last two CC's.  Thursday will be three weeks.  There is more and more in the game that requires him.  We need him more often, not less.
  • andy123321 (INT1)andy123321 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 117

3 am is not much use for the UK either.

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    PBH (GB1) said:

3 am is not much use for the UK either.

ermmm.... for the uk it would be midnight/11pm, unless the caculate the times in uk mode  ;)

i think anyway..... its always a pain with the time diff
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    And still adding things when other (very) old bugs, translation errors and performance issues are not solved yet.

Screw this update, go fix them old bugs, translation errors and performance issues before updating (without proper testing) this game.
    73 pages of performance complaints.....2300 comments

And still adding content, while previous updates are still full of bugs and the game is speedy as a snail.

• lobro (SKN1)lobro (SKN1) Posts: 3
    edited 24.05.2017
    if the boat was in the village from 2am until 8am and agaiin from 2pm til 8pm  in england
    3 to 9 from in sweden to middle africa
    4 to 10 in finland, eastern europe  and down to south africa.
    Lobro DK

how would that be ?

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 24.05.2017
    well i see a small dockyard but cant do anything with it it just as a ! in the ring  and then it says available from level 20 ? level 20 on what ???? my oleg fisher is at level 28 so what do you do if i go to the flower farm and click on the dockyard it just takes me to another dockyard on a new island / area of water in the ring it as ! and nothing else i cannot do anything build etc
    The side tasks stop working at the Task "Make Bait".  I made bait.  The task does not recognize it and move on.
    im beginning to hate this game !!!
    It is not easy to see how long that your boat is being set out for.  I like being able to send it for long times, but it was never clear that I had set it out for that amount of time.
    And still adding things when other (very) old bugs, translation errors and performance issues are not solved yet.

Screw this update, go fix them old bugs, translation errors and performance issues before updating (without proper testing) this game.
    73 pages of performance complaints.....2300 comments

And still adding content, while previous updates are still full of bugs and the game is speedy as a snail.

i agree they need to fix the bugs but no in there eyes its just how can we get more money.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @gavinfarms (US1)

Did you make bait 10 times, Gavin ?

Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

i dont have that on side tasks i have nothing there ?
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    @uksharon (GB1) I cannot build a boat neither , get directed on boat tab to middle of sea, go to hut, no instructions , no tasks. I wasn't keen but willing to try, cannot try
    edited 24.05.2017
    @uksharon (GB1) I cannot build a boat neither , get directed on boat tab to middle of sea, go to hut, no instructions , no tasks. I wasn't keen but willing to try, cannot try
    same i have just found if you go to the flower farm look at the side tasks that is there , there is one where you have to hand over some fish. that is all i have found cannot build any boat though
    You need to finish the entire fishing quest line in order to unlock the deep sea area.

That is why some can use the dockyard while some can't
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gavinfarms (US1)

I thought it said "1" not "10".....my mistake.  I will do that.

Separately.....the Yarnacle Village boat in the jetty on the Village screen.  On the ring menu, I click on the blue chest and nothing happens.  I cannot get my rewards.
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @Marowit
    Was the Yarnacle schedule change actually included in the update that just ran as announced?

Update ran @ approximately 1415 CEST.  Yarnacle's boat was at the dock  when the update occurred and,  according to the announcement, should have instantly left when the update ran.  Yarnacle remains at our dock after the update.  Currently the clock counting down his departure time shows that he will be leaving our dock at 1900 CEST.  His schedule did not change. Does this mean that when he leaves at 1900 travels for six hours to return at 0100 he will instantly leave again? IF so, he would not return for at least six more hours (likely 7 hours since we would not have any chance to make repairs) - this would mean two trips worth of damage accumulated  before an opportunity to repair, and the loss of personal box cycle.

Captain Yarnacle's Schedule

With this update, Yarnacle will leave the shore at 01:00 and 13:00 CEST. Depending on the damage of his boat, he can be back at around noon and in the evening. We know this is not yet perfect for a some time-zones but this is something we need some more time to improve.

Note: This change means that, depending on the time of the update, and because the time change applies instantly, Yarnacle will be gone if he was there before or will be there if he wasn’t there before.

• why is my fishing not working ? lost bait  that  was bought, , try to real in fish tension bar not working .This is messed up.

I was (after twice reloading the game) able to retrieve the items for Yarnacles jetty.

I remain thoroughly confused about what his schedule is supposed to be or if it should have changed.  It does not appear to have changed.

Lastly, Are we still a "go" on the HW at 6 pm Eastern US Time?
  • Letty.liongamez (GB1)Letty.liongamez (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8,806
    edited 24.05.2017
    max3450 (US1)   I  have found that if i click on the dark blue water,  that my fishing reel will reel in,anywhere  above above that it wont.there is even a little reel icon now as well, this may be worth a try.

• SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
    edited 24.05.2017
    @Rowdy Rac

Just so that you know......removing the GML's from the HWE would provide a major backlash, especially since you already removed them from the CC. 

Here's your sign  GGS...take your flawing ....where's that cat of nine tails... >:) 

I finally get to the end of HWE (hard worker event)  and get those most covenanted GML's (gold mine license) and you remove them :'( ....can you say Deja vu ???     The  same thing happened in the CCE.(coop challenge event)..have you forgotten already ?  Our co-op totally stopped caring about the CCE and almost dropped down to the beginner level, ( there's nothing to strive for )  Then I read where if your a beginner level or gold level you get a chance at GS (gold seeds) and gold., that really hurt my feelings :(

So now I get success in the HWE and you crush me again...what are we going to do with you, hmm?
    @"SANDRAUser60 (US1)"

We did not remove the GML from the new fishing HWE and they are still there as rewords for the regular farm HWE :)
  • Marowit said:
    @"SANDRAUser60 (US1)"

We did not remove the GML from the new fishing HWE and they are still there as rewords for the regular farm HWE :)

Thank you...bless you...forgive me o:)
  • how to use dockyard and how to upgrade????
Sign In to comment.