Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update May 24th - Dockyard, Deep Sea Fishing & More! - Discussion

Hi Guys,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here!

Comments

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Looks suitably complicated , should be fun . :)
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 23.05.2017
    Hooray  I can't fish, so that gets me off the hook. No interest in this update whats so ever
    Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    So, the HWE will now require fishing-related items?  Is this correct? :(
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I am reading this as a separate Hard Worker Event, possibly a 1 off , to build interest in new feature .
    I am reading this as a separate Hard Worker Event, possibly a 1 off , to build interest in new feature .
    Thank you.  I just reread the sentence, and I think you are right!  (Late night last night -- bleary eyes and fuzzy brain this morning.) :)
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @artful (US1)

There will now be two separate types of HWE  (the other one won't be replaced, don't worry :smile:  ).  They will not run simultaneously either.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    The HWE event I didnt fully understood, so I am listing to u guys to gather info
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I did not see it mentioned anywhere that we will get any FXP from fishing this way. Do you know if we will Rowdy? 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Two Questions:

Will there still be gold mining licenses in the HWE for 1.2 million points and the top 50?

Also, will any fish xp be earned through this fishing?
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    If the 2 HWE  will not run at the same time,should we expect the old one to appear only once a month ? Every 4 fridays instead of 2?
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)   @gavinfarms (US1)

There will be some aspects of the new feature that gives FXP but not every aspect of it will.

The GML's will also be in this version of the HWE, to the best of our knowledge.

@Tigrain (BG1) 
    The scheduling of the two HWE's is not completely clear at this point but it seems likely that the scenario you suggest might be how it will work from now on.  
    However, I cannot give you a definitive answer as yet, sorry about that.
    @Rowdy Rac

Just so that you know......removing the GML's from the HWE would provide a major backlash, especially since you already removed them from the CC. 
    Thank you Rowdy :)
    That will be helpful as I still need 11 level to reach 61 so I need my FXP and getting it another way will be awesome.
  • monica1230 (US1)monica1230 (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 23.05.2017
    I plugged in the new jetty times to calculate for my time zone and they appear to be exactly the same.  Unless you are saying you are flip flopping it so that he is now here when he was gone and gone when he was here.  That will be even worse than before for US players

Any news on the glitches that told us to hold off on upgrades to meadow and warehouse?
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @artful (US1)

There will now be two separate types of HWE  (the other one won't be replaced, don't worry :smile:  ).  They will not run simultaneously either.
    RR, you are my new best friend -- thanks for the info!!
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Hooray  I can't fish, so that gets me off the hook. No interest in this update whats so ever

You can also hire someone with dollars and let the boat generate large amounts of profit with the new fish.  
    What is value of the highest value product added in the update?, when is it unlocked?
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    Item efficiency: all items are only 100% efficient when equipped to specific boats and boat levels. If you equip them on the wrong boat, the item will get a performance penalty, which will be indicated by red textWill we know in advance which item goes with which boat?  Or will we only find out after we have purchased and placed it.?. 

Rowdy Rac said:
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)   @gavinfarms (US1)

There will be some aspects of the new feature that gives FXP but not every aspect of it will.

The GML's will also be in this version of the HWE, to the best of our knowledge.

@Tigrain (BG1) 
    The scheduling of the two HWE's is not completely clear at this point but it seems likely that the scenario you suggest might be how it will work from now on.  
    However, I cannot give you a definitive answer as yet, sorry about that.
    So, we will get some FXP from these boats.......We should also get some from the boats that already exist!
    edited 23.05.2017
    I plugged in the new jetty times to calculate for my time zone and they appear to be exactly the same.  Unless you are saying you are flip flopping it so that he is now here when he was gone and gone when he was here.  That will be even worse than before for US players

Any news on the glitches that told us to hold off on upgrades to meadow and warehouse?

I interpreted this to mean that they are flipping it.....which, yes, will be less convenient for US players......but more convenient for European ones (which I suspect was precisely the point).

We send out a group email when the boat returns.  This will be even more helpful if those odd times are the new normal.

• Scifi (GB1)Scifi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 78

If they made the times of the boat at the Jetty a non-multiple of 24 hours, then it would be Ok for us all once or twice a week...  

Lets say every 7 hours, then at least we would see it occasionally.

edited 24.05.2017
    What other content is added other than items related to deep sea fishing?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514

I interpreted this to mean that they are flipping it.....which, yes, will be less convenient for US players......but more convenient for European ones (which I suspect was precisely the point).

We send out a group email when the boat returns.  This will be even more helpful if those odd times are the new normal.

You cannot please all of the people all of the time.
    @gavinfarms (US1), we do get FXP from the boats we have now if we fish ourselves with them.
  • this is great news, fishing really needed an update! 

Will any numbers for current fishing be rebalanced? For example, it never made much sense to me why strungeon gave so much more EXP (it is almost not worth fishing anything besides this and the one that gets you the most dollars value)
  • Does this mean that we won't be trying it out on the Test Server?  Is GGS planning to do away with the Test Server?
    @Rowdy Rac  would you please answer the question above.  I thought that new things would be put out on the test server to be tested by players and the bugs worked out of them BEFORE being added to the game.  What is the status of this?  The Village has been a real mess!!!!  Why wasn't this done on the test server first?  Why aren't we using it?  I am so, so tired of all the bugs!
    And @ Roudy Rac, can you please tell me why they haven't solved the problem with the fishing yet, that causes all the fish I have added to just swim right off the screen!  It has nothing to do with the time I fish either!  When will this be fixed!  I LOVE TO FISH IN REAL LIFE!!!  The new fishing additions sound interesting.  But why can't we fix the things that are broken before adding more!  Thank You Roudy!!!
  • MarowitMarowit Guest Posts: 59
    Hello Everyone,

Let me answer some of your questions:

You will get FXP from building/upgrading boats and producing chum in the dockyard.

The GML have not been removed from the new HWE, some items like the decos from activity rewards have been replaced with Deepsea fishing related items such as boats.

Ranking rewards now contain a chosable reward box where you can chose between farm items or deepseafishing items.

The is no "active" fishing in this new content, it's similar to a farm, you select your boat, place equipment on it(if you want to), send them off and collect the products some time later.

Item efficiency is visible for each item, there is a small image of the respective boat and if you hover over you will see the name of the boat the item should be used on.

Items serve as a way to specialize your boats, you can make boats that come back fast but catch a small amount of fish, boats that stay out fishing for 1 day or more but return with a big catch.

• PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    And still adding things when other (very) old bugs, translation errors and performance issues are not solved yet.

Screw this update, go fix them old bugs, translation errors and performance issues before updating (without proper testing) this game.
    @gavinfarms (US1), we do get FXP from the boats we have now if we fish ourselves with them.

Yes, but not if I send Oleg......so every hour that Oleg is on a boat, he is not collecting FXP!
Sign In to comment.