Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Ideas for Big Farm

Please can we have some animals for the flower farm, like turkeys for which we can harvest turkey eggs and llamas for milk, alpacas and sheep for wool.

We could then have a spinning mill to make thread and coats etc with.

It may also be a good idea if we were able to transfer decorations from one farm to another. i.e. if we have a hammock on our main farm we can't transfer it to our flower farm. Whereas we can with this idea.

Another idea put to me by a colleague was that we should be able to build / demolish quicker or build / demolish many items at one time.

I hope these suggestions go ahead as it would make the game more interesting 

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I am not sure if this idea has already been presented....so bear with me it my suggestion is redundant.
    Suggestion:  Add a function in Greta's deco improvement vehicle which will serve to increase the village happiness level on decos that have the village happiness...She currently can only improve the standard happiness level not the village happiness.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I am not sure if this idea has already been presented....so bear with me it my suggestion is redundant.
    Suggestion:  Add a function in Greta's deco improvement vehicle which will serve to increase the village happiness level on decos that have the village happiness...She currently can only improve the standard happiness level not the village happiness.
    Using village dollars or a larger amount of decoration parts.  
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

Please can we have some animals for the flower farm, like turkeys for which we can harvest turkey eggs and llamas for milk, alpacas and sheep for wool.

We could then have a spinning mill to make thread and coats etc with.

It may also be a good idea if we were able to transfer decorations from one farm to another. i.e. if we have a hammock on our main farm we can't transfer it to our flower farm. Whereas we can with this idea.

Another idea put to me by a colleague was that we should be able to build / demolish quicker or build / demolish many items at one time.

I hope these suggestions go ahead as it would make the game more interesting 

Alpacas and sheep are on temporary farms.  Flower farm is very different from the first 2 farms.  The animals require special items such as honeydew for bees.  The products from  animals and orchards are then used in the shop to make high value final products for profit.  

• The idea for sheep is good, also been mentioned by others. Could make horse blankets, clothes for our sailors.

As for moving decos, been asked and will not happen.
    The idea of multiple builds also has been asked over the years and no additional builds/demolishes will happen on the 3 main farms. There was added a separate build slot to temp farms, but that cost is for gold only, and only during the temp farm availability.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Now that temp farms are running almost continuously, they really should consider keeping the builds separate (without gold use on the temp farms).  Steve shows up and you can't take advantage of his visit because you're building something on your temp farm.  Rare opportunity lost.
  • When Omar's ship visits my Nordic Farm, he NEVER has anything I can afford.

This is depressing & demeaning to low level players struggling with the high cost of temp farms to begin with....

Throw us a bone with a little meat on it, will ya... c'mon, Big Farm, have a heart !

You know I love ya.... show me some love !

edited 13.05.2017

When Omar's ship visits my Nordic Farm, he NEVER has anything I can afford.

This is depressing & demeaning to low level players struggling with the high cost of temp farms to begin with....

Throw us a bone with a little meat on it, will ya... c'mon, Big Farm, have a heart !

LOL!  I hear ya on that one.  However, if you catch him at the right time, he has free dollars or free rune stones.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • When Omar's ship visits my Nordic Farm, he NEVER has anything I can afford.

LOL!  I hear ya on that one.  However, if you catch him at the right time, he has free dollars or free rune stones.

I've been watching... not so far this time, artful, sorry to say. 

And I watch him quite a bit - in the real world he'd call the cops on me for being his stalker !

• Here's a favourite idea of mine I'd love to see on Big Farm ...

Under The Sea Treasure Adventure !

If we dismantle the very unpopular 'Fishing' gimmick, all it's technology may be applied to this.

We turn the restaurant into a Dive Shop,

-Diving equipment & Deep-Sea Diving Equipment rentals

-Diving Submarines (Dive Bells) leases

-Claws / Mechanical arm equipment rentals to retrieve treasure Chests

We turn the fishing boats into Dive Boats and more expensive Treasure Expedition Vessels,

We encounter Mermaids, Dangerous Octopus, Giant White Whale, Massive Squids --- Eeek !....

And even Pirates who challenge us and we have to defend our boats / ships / and Treasure !

Even one of the very popular Hunting Events can easily be incorporated into this... find Old Spanish Coins and other 'Booty"... coins are already a part of the Big Farm Game.

Even a Pelican that flies over the boats and drops stuff on us...just like the stuff that drops on our Farms !

Omar can Provision us for our sea-going adventures... Omar The Stevedore, Ships Chandler !

I know the incredibly talented artists could make this an amazing thing to behold, not just play !

And the geniuses who make this all work can use existing mechanicals to pull it off with ease !

When Omar's ship visits my Nordic Farm, he NEVER has anything I can afford.

I've been watching... not so far this time, artful, sorry to say. 

And I watch him quite a bit - in the real world he'd call the cops on me for being his stalker !

LOL!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

Here's a favourite idea of mine I'd love to see on Big Farm ...

If we dismantle the very unpopular 'Fishing' gimmick, all it's technology may be applied to this.

We turn the restaurant into a Dive Shop,

-Diving equipment & Deep-Sea Diving Equipment rentals

-Diving Submarines (Dive Bells) leases

-Claws / Mechanical arm equipment rentals to retrieve treasure Chests

We turn the fishing boats into Dive Boats and more expensive Treasure Expedition Vessels,

We encounter Mermaids, Dangerous Octopus, Giant White Whale, Massive Squids --- Eeek !....

And even Pirates who challenge us and we have to defend our boats / ships / and Treasure !

Even one of the very popular Hunting Events can easily be incorporated into this... find Old Spanish Coins and other 'Booty"... coins are already a part of the Big Farm Game.

Even a Pelican that flies over the boats and drops stuff on us...just like the stuff that drops on our Farms !

Omar can Provision us for our sea-going adventures... Omar The Stevedore, Ships Chandler !

I know the incredibly talented artists could make this an amazing thing to behold, not just play !

And the geniuses who make this all work can use existing mechanicals to pull it off with ease !

I would rather they keep it a farming theme ;)
    Maybe we could have an underwater farm, raising seahorses, seaweed, crabs, algae, squid, shrimp, etc.  This farm would require us to don underwater gear that we make in the village factories....skip the pirates and the need for defense from them.  Maybe during special events have our underwater farm fields, and cages of raised shrimp, crabs, seahorses, squid, sea turtles be pranked and we have to find the pranker somewhere underwater. :smiley:
  • Great tweak, FARMERCLI !.....Aqua Culture is huge the world over !

In the Med they catch Squid & Octopus in Amphorae...

In the Pacific there are massive fish farms, algae, Kelp & seaweed farms, too !

And these are just a few examples !

Farming the Seas in where it's at !

Two thumbs up !

Glad you agree, though, that the fun factor should still remain with Pelicans that drop things,

treasure Hunts, etc....

We already have a Mermaid thing going on... that'll carry over nicely, too.

P.S. Love, love, love Seahorses ! 

They'd be more fun than the over-rated Horse Farm we already have...

• I would rather they keep it a farming theme ;)

So there ya go, DATAKING --- a total Farming Theme of The Sea ! Tah-dah !
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Here's a favourite idea of mine I'd love to see on Big Farm ...

I am afraid there is already something similar around the corner .... have you seen this new feature on the flower farm, sort of diving platform, with lobster pots, shrimp nets +  other diving stuff next to the ferry ?

Let's wait and see what that will bring us ........  :)

.... and IMHO this "fishing gimmick" isn't as unpopular as you may think. Many players really like it and obtain millions of dollars with doing a lot of fishing per day.
    Do you have to be a certain fishing level to use that new dock?  I thought it was some kind of decoration....But anyway, that is the area I thought might be nice for the divers to go off to get to their underwater Aqua Culture farm whenever GGS decides to develop an underwater Aqua Culture Farm for us.
  • Forget Fishing...    Most of Australia (and Wales) is one gigantic Sheep Ranch, where Sheep roam for miles and miles to find grass.

Lets have some really large Sheep Ranches....   They produce Wool and Mutton.

edited 17.05.2017
    Has anyone used this new dock?  It is the one by the barge which is parked by the Mermaid Bay. If so what fishing level do you have to be?  :*

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 17.05.2017
    Has anyone used this new dock?  It is the one by the barge which is parked by the Mermaid Bay. If so what fishing level do you have to be?  :*

@FarmerCli (US1) It can't be used by anybody right now. It's only a precursor to a new feature and not yet activated. ;)
    Thank you for the info!  :)  From some of the previous messages above, I was beginning to think I was missing out on something fun.....When GGS does first activate it, will it be on the test site before it comes to the main servers?
    Thank you for the info!  :)  From some of the previous messages above, I was beginning to think I was missing out on something fun.....When GGS does first activate it, will it be on the test site before it comes to the main servers?
    @FarmerCli (US1)   More than likely it will be, especially if it's as complicated as the last couple new features.
    Yeah!  :D  I like checking out new things and getting a handle on how they work before they get to the main server, that way I can jump right in!  I can also be a guide to others in our coop who have not participated in the test farms. o:)
    edited 17.05.2017
    Yeah!  :D  I like checking out new things and getting a handle on how they work before they get to the main server, that way I can jump right in!  I can also be a guide to others in our coop who have not participated in the test farms. o:)
     It also helps to give your members the URL of the temp farm threads by Prince Manish that give all the info about each one.

The Island Farm!.....https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/de/discussion/105618/the-information-of-island-farm-by-prince-manish

The Viking Farm!.....https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/de/discussion/107100/the-information-of-viking-farm-by-prince-manish

And you can also send them the URL to the blog of CrazyBigfarm55. Loaded with lots of good info...

http://crazybigfarm.tk/index.html

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • woodenskull (US1)woodenskull (US1) US1 Posts: 158
    edited 05.07.2017

Post edited by woodenskull (US1) on
    Thank you, FarmerJohn 22, for the info. I copied it so I could make sure to pass it along to my coop members.  o:)
  • LESS Championships.
    They used to be fun.
    Now that they are so close together, on top of everything else, they are a chore.
    And smells of a money grabbing ploy by BF.
    Good way to put people off the game
  • Can I suggest a tea plantation... No idea why :wink:
  • How about getting rid of all the pop-ups? They are distracting, they cause the game to lag, and they can cause accidental gold spending.
    @woodenskull (US1) Have you accidentally spent gold on one? If so can you PM me with the details, as there is a buy delay that should prevent that from happening. Thank you.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Hmmm,  I've been hooked on this game for some time now.  How can I put this nicely?

THEY DON'T CARE what WE want or ask for.  Many of the things in this very thread I have seen repeatedly over the years.

Let me summarize.

1.  A gold lock or some protection so we can't accidentally drop gold by mistake.  (Yea well they LIKE it when they can shake our pockets, so forget about this one.  Even though assorted forum moderators liked the idea.
    I keep my pockets empty. All they can shake loose is stuff they gave me.  Maybe some day someone in marketing will realize this and do something.   Or not. What ever.

2.  Moving decor from one farm to another.  
    NOT going to happen.   They have flat out said as much many times.   They think somehow we could cheat moving deco.   I don't see how.  It's rediculous. But forget about it.  They have said no many times.

3. Get all the BLASTED POP UPS OUT OF HERE!   
    Believe it or not, this was promised back in oh… guessing their second year on line?
    Instead of stopping them, they just keep adding more.   And it's SO stupid!!!!! 
    So many graphics have to load, I'm turning all the pop in your face stuff off before I can even SEE what it is. All I get are twirling loading symbols.  I've SEEN the news paper, don't care.  Same story for weeks at a time. Don't need any of it.  It's like buying a magazine.  First thing I do with those is shake it over the trash can to get all those annoying inserts OUT of it before they fall on the floor.  

Now they have pop ups during play too.   HORRIBLE idea.  Especially while in a coop challenge when one is trying to harvest and plant quickly and POP some stupid "OFFER" I don't want right now!
    GG.  Why don't you just put it on top with all the rest of the blue explanation mark things?  Let US go look at what we want WHEN we want?  That goes for all of it.  The right after you log in stack of meaningless crap, as well as the occasional "offers" you do all the time.  Just pile it all across a news bar or something. OUT of our way.

4.  Other animals.   Well…. SOMETIMES on this they actually do.  But it seems to take FOREVER!
    The dog for example.   (Still waiting for a cat.)  Horses were asked for over and over.  FINALLY we have them.   So you sheep people, just keep asking.  Who knows.  Just don't hold your breath.

Personally I do like the idea of a diving thing.  being a diver myself.  Pearl farming?  Catfish farms?  Treasure dives?  (Yarnical seems to have enough wrecks with TONS of supplies on his log raft, I bet there is a lot of loot at the bottom of that tiny creek he keeps crashing in.) 

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    How about getting rid of all the pop-ups? They are distracting, they cause the game to lag, and they can cause accidental gold spending.
    @woodenskull (US1) Have you accidentally spent gold on one? If so can you PM me with the details, as there is a buy delay that should prevent that from happening. Thank you.
    I will send you a note but want it out there too.   My US farm just lost gold.  In a corn mission, TRYING to beat the clock the STUPID ¶§∞∞¢¢££ buy the lambs lettuce thing pops up and got clicked instantly.  I never had a chance to even see what it was.  It popped up and started advancing because I THOUGHT I was planting CORN!   I sent in a support ticket but I know that's useless.  They seem to LOVE shaking our pockets.  
    But this pop up S---   (YES I'm mad.)   Needs to stop.
Sign In to comment.