Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village League Challenges

Comments

• I am having problem with the village league not add what I have harvested to our coop totals. I have use a lot of seaweed fer. on the lavender and the total has not gone up. I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not please let me now where else to post this. Thanks.
  • Stardust (TR1)Stardust (TR1) TR1 Posts: 362
    Sorry but i have to write this negative message.

Who at GGS thinks it is a good idea that even a regular member can start a challenge in the coop village? There is a reason they are not made deputy. Even a leader can not do anything about it because nobody can see who started this challenge.

Will this ever be changed (maybe adding new coop ranks) because i do not feel any need in playing again.

Edit: Why does a bigger coop with high level players need less items in this competition then a smaller coop with lower level players?
    I agree. It's wrong with that non-delegates can start a village race. This error must be corrected. The new players we do not know can start this event after a while. They can choose the wrong products. Only the co-operative president and delegates should be authorized. Presidency and delegation Why do have ?

• A cooperative of 70 of the TOP GOLD BUYERS is allowed to challenge a Puny co op of 12

I don't see where the fairness is in this.  

Top Gold buyers should be in challenges with other top gold buyers

A co op of 70 should not be permitted to challenge a co op of 12
  • Must be hard up to win if they are challenging a coop 1/7th  its size  lol
  • 1 / 7 th  in size   Gold buyers  lol

No fairness there.  Sad that a coop of that size would want to challenge a tiny coop

They aren't looking for a challenge.  They are looking for an easy win and GGS making possible
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 08.05.2017
    The .imbalance stinks, for sure.  But, keep in mind, they didn't come after your coop.  Coops can only challenge the one on top of them, and that happened to be yours
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    They'll just pass you on their road to "glory" and you'll never hear about them again. After all having seen what I can do in the shop with gifted 60 k medals yesterday just strenghten my position to ignore VL completely. :) You might enjoy dong the same. :)
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 21.05.2017
    I am having problem with the village league not add what I have harvested to our coop totals. I have use a lot of seaweed fer. on the lavender and the total has not gone up. I hope this is the correct place to post this, if not please let me now where else to post this. Thanks.
    @Tweety Farm (US1) Please could you post screenshots, to show that your lavender increases in your storage when you harvest but not on the challenge window. Thankyou :)

A cooperative of 70 of the TOP GOLD BUYERS is allowed to challenge a Puny co op of 12

I don't see where the fairness is in this.  

Top Gold buyers should be in challenges with other top gold buyers

A co op of 70 should not be permitted to challenge a co op of 12
    @ChrisRead (US1) As Kamilcom says, they will pass you by and move on up. There were a lot of strange placements when the league started, some coops that should obviously have been at the top were placed low down & other small coops were put up in the top ranks. It will take a bit of time for things to rearrange themselves into a more logical order as the bigger coops climb up & then you should end up surrounded by coops that are more equal to your own. :)
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • @Damaria3 (US1)   Our coop loves it.  More than I expected.  A lot more.  It is not a constant competition.  It is a constantly available competition.  But each coop can decide to take a break for a day/week, etc.

Without a button of some sort to refuse a competition you are always subject to being in one.... if you like it or not and that effects your numbers and or rank at all times in this event.

I am glad to see that it has been removed...I hope in repairs. That are much needed before it is reintroduced to the farming community....if at all. :#

It reminds me of a co-op projects that never ends...and our co-op is tired and glad when we finish a project of say...eggs ect.  But we choose as a co-op if we want to do one and when and which one !  B)
    Rather than having something harmonious added to game GGS brought more competition, tension, frustration, hurt feelings, discord.  The every other week CC enough to make me want to scream but at least some worthwhile goodies to be had and that is about my toleration level. The game is feeling to much like work and not enough fun. Japan event has been WONDERFUL. 

Agreed :)
    @Damaria3 (US1)   Our coop loves it.  More than I expected.  A lot more.  It is not a constant competition.  It is a constantly available competition.  But each coop can decide to take a break for a day/week, etc.

Without a button of some sort to refuse a competition you are always subject to being in one.... if you like it or not and that effects your numbers and or rank at all times in this event.

I am glad to see that it has been removed...I hope in repairs. That are much needed before it is reintroduced to the farming community....if at all. :#

It reminds me of a co-op projects that never ends...and our co-op is tired and glad when we finish a project of say...eggs ect.  But we choose as a co-op if we want to do one and when and which one !  B)
    Rather than having something harmonious added to game GGS brought more competition, tension, frustration, hurt feelings, discord.  The every other week CC enough to make me want to scream but at least some worthwhile goodies to be had and that is about my toleration level. The game is feeling to much like work and not enough fun. Japan event has been WONDERFUL. 

Agreed :)
    What's been removed?  Village Challenges still going on as far as I can tell.  What have I missed?  Can't keep up.  Honestly can not keep up. :)
  • artful (US1) said....What's been removed?  Village Challenges still going on as far as I can tell.  What have I missed?  Can't keep up.  Honestly can not keep up.

Well....my tab for the Village League Challenges is gone from my farms, maybe it goes away if your not participating .. idk but like I said before if your being challenged, there is nothing you can do about it.

Maybe I pushed it so far into the wall it broke off and fell down...one can hope :#
    artful (US1) said....What's been removed?  Village Challenges still going on as far as I can tell.  What have I missed?  Can't keep up.  Honestly can not keep up.

Well....my tab for the Village League Challenges is gone from my farms, maybe it goes away if your not participating .. idk but like I said before if your being challenged, there is nothing you can do about it.

Maybe I pushed it so far into the wall it broke off and fell down...one can hope :#
    LOL!  Wishful thinking.  

Missing tab just means you're not in challenge right now.  We start them, ignore them, then grab a trinket or two on Sundays w/o doing a thing.
  • LOL....yes wishful thinking indeed  :p
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    I think it is a good Idea to see who is doing what - we would like a name of who started the challenge - it is just a good idea -
  • I do not like the fact that they can start at anytime - on their own - for one we might not be ready - for two we want to change what's required in the basket.  This is not fair at all!!!!
  • I do not like the fact that they can start at anytime - on their own - for one we might not be ready - for two we want to change what's required in the basket.  This is not fair at all!!!!
    @DacodamePlayer (US1) Do you mean the challenges made against you by the coop below you or the challenges made against the coop above you?
  • artful (US1) said....What's been removed?  Village Challenges still going on as far as I can tell.  What have I missed?  Can't keep up.  Honestly can not keep up.

LOL!  Wishful thinking.  

Missing tab just means you're not in challenge right now.  We start them, ignore them, then grab a trinket or two on Sundays w/o doing a thing.

I wrote this on the 5th of May, I have still not seen the VL tab return
    ...YAY...I will set that joy aside for now. 

Then the weekly high scores came out today.  We did receive a fair amount of medals (over 60 k) for not playing (unless it was due to the re-set)  It did say..... You won ! for week 18, 2017. We played once...by that I mean, actually participated once, the very first challenge & we did win, but then we were done with it all !  Even though we were challenged several more times before the tab disappeared.

So did we get this by mistake or is it from the re-set ? When is week 18 ?
     I'm afraid of my assumptions in this game, so I guess it will be a wait and see...unless someone knows. :)

Don't know what to tell ya.  We have the tab as we speak.  We are in a challenge.  We get the "you have won" thingy every week even though I know for a fact we haven't won squat.  Maybe we get medals for just breathing.

I've given up on the rhyme or reason of it all. 
  • menphus (AU1)menphus (AU1) Posts: 54
    edited 12.05.2017
    PCA (GB1) said:
    PBH (GB1) said:

Hi, our co-Op is tenth in the League, and I think our position was only put by random... or...  I happened to be the tenth leader to make a challenge.

I know of other Co-Ops, who are above us, just because it was 'first finger first'.

Also the Weekly Bonuses do not seem to have happened, or we would be very rich by now... 

I believe the positions for  the ranking into the Leagues was based on past CC placements which explains the same or similar co ops being in the same grouping.
     I think it is to early into the forever weekly challenge for the "Weekly Bonuses" to be able to be acquired yet. Kind of like a work in progress as they yet to implement all the features for the Village Challenge.

The positions in the ranking in our server were totally and ridiculously random  lol

The positions couldn't have been more random, not even if the DEVs had called their kids to play with the list containing all the cooperative names till the kids said it looked good enough to them

Perhaps (conspiracy theory) they placed many smaller/lower level co-ops at the top knowing the top leagues would do everything they could, including buying lots of gold, to get their position back and perhaps the smaller/lower levels would even try spending to keep there spot.  In doing this BigFarm would make it all look like a random element had been applied to CC rankings  >:) hmmmm
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I think it is working because I notice that the high level coops are moving closer to the top.
  • I am the leader of my coop and while I don't mind people challenging us I have many members getting mad that some one keeps activating the village league challenge from our end. I am not sure what makes some one able to start it but I would like to be able to stop members from my own coop from starting it up randomly. I don't want my people burnt out on that and then not want to do projects every week.

So is there a way to block members from starting this thing?
    edited 16.05.2017
    I am the leader of my coop and while I don't mind people challenging us I have many members getting mad that some one keeps activating the village league challenge from our end. I am not sure what makes some one able to start it but I would like to be able to stop members from my own coop from starting it up randomly. I don't want my people burnt out on that and then not want to do projects every week.

So is there a way to block members from starting this thing?
    As of right now, no.  Anyone can start a challenge.  However, some coops are just ignoring them.  They tuck the little sidebar thing out of the way, and instruct their members just to ignore the challenges and farm normally.  And, you still might get some goodies anyway during the Sunday night reset.  The one challenge we did win yielded not much more than the ones we lost.

Ignore any challenge you don't want to do, even if started by a member.  They'll soon get burned out and may not be so quick to start one the next time.
  • the village challenge rankings arnt really that important they dont effect the main rankings as far as i can see, to be honest with the amount of stuff you need to collect it wont last long people will soon get bored with it and stop bothering, theres enough to do with out spending every second collecting 350k worth of alfalfa lol or 69k worth of fruits, just pick and choose what you want to do or you will end up getting stressed out and you wont enjoy playing, if you try to do everything you will soon get fed up. 
  • WE WERE AHEAD 98% TO 30% AND THE CHALLENGE JUST WAS GONE. WE WORKED FOR DAYS TO WIN FOR IT TO JUST DISAPPEAR. ALL  OF OUR SPECIAL SEEDS AND SOME EVEN GOLD FOR NOTHING.

edited 18.05.2017
    WE WERE AHEAD 98% TO 30% AND THE CHALLENGE JUST WAS GONE. WE WORKED FOR DAYS TO WIN FOR IT TO JUST DISAPPEAR. ALL  OF OUR SPECIAL SEEDS AND SOME EVEN GOLD FOR NOTHING.

Another challenge affected that. For example, the coop you were challenging (or who challenged you) may have won their other challenge and moved up (or lost their challenge and moved down), thus cancelling the challenge you were in.  It's a really bad set up and the reason many coops either ignore the challenges, or don't put a lot work, gold, or seaweed into it.  :(
  • ChrisRead (US1)ChrisRead (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 19.05.2017
    It is EXTREMELY unfair to make it if you lose one challenge that you automatically lose the other

We have been in challenges with co ops 7 or 8 times the amount of farmers we have. 

The amount of items both co ops have to collect does NOT reflect the size of the co ops

72 against 12 farmers
    70 against 14 farmers

Where is the Fairness in this? 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The problem is that this is a laddrr competition and everybodies starting positions were deliberately jumbled. You are simply too high on the ladder for your size. Once you have lost a few more you will sink to the same level as other co-ops of your size and competition will become fairer.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Please WascallyWabbit, stress the impact on our co-op with members being able to start a village league challenge. Starting a challenge gives them the freedom to spend co-op village dollars and gold. As a leader of a large co-op I know we need our gold for high level research. Giving a member, that not willingly, spends co-op funds to start a challenge that will end that very same day because maybe they don't understand how it works. This is just not a good idea.

I am sure you would agree. Please tell them they should look it over again.
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 14.06.2017
    I hope there can be an vote option to start the challence, or at least an kill switch to revoke the power from an person who starts an challenge and not helping out.
  • Please WascallyWabbit, stress the impact on our co-op with members being able to start a village league challenge. Starting a challenge gives them the freedom to spend co-op village dollars and gold. As a leader of a large co-op I know we need our gold for high level research. Giving a member, that not willingly, spends co-op funds to start a challenge that will end that very same day because maybe they don't understand how it works. This is just not a good idea.

I am sure you would agree. Please tell them they should look it over again.
    I hope there can be an vote option to start the challence, or at least an kill switch to revoke the power from an person who starts an challenge and not helping out.
    These are 2 valid concerns that should be re-evaluated.
     Every leader I talk to about the VL (after we get a challenge) say they never start it & wish they could stop it.
    Again why have a leader at all...
This discussion has been closed.