Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 12th - Cooperative Village, League, Meadow and Captain Yarnacle - Discussion

Comments

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I will have to dig into the totals myself and get the correct numbers. I should have known the totals would be different. It will be some time before I can get to this. I am still working on the warehouse and the jetty. With a new event starting tomorrow, so much new content all at once. This game has turned into a job.

Thank you fro the wonderful complement @mia111 (GB1) and @Kamilcom (GB1)
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 24.04.2017
    Back to village buildings unhappiness. Since there was no response to my previous post I will build on assumptions from what I perceive to be correct values. ....

T&T plus Mineral factories have -6 VHP per level, which is -1200 VHP when fully built.
    Bank probably -4 per level, so -200 for full building.
    And warehouse has the least effect, -2 per level so -40 for full

I'm not sure your numbers are correct.  I'm in two coops on two servers (Int1 & us1)
    here are the numbers from our two villages
    Coop#1 - little development of the village
    Village Construction Progress is -40 : Warehouse level 12, Bank level 1, M&M mill level 1, and T&T mill level 1
    Coop#2 - some development of village
    Village Construction Progress is -53 : Warehouse level 12, Bank level 4, M&M mill level 5, and T&T mill level 6

Bank & WH started at level 1, Mills started at level 0, so using your numbers;

coop#1 would be (11 lvls*2pts)WH + (0 lvls*4pts) bank + (1 lvl*6pts) TT + (1 lvl*6pts) MM = 34pts

if you add in amounts  for the initial levels of the WH & bank we get to 40pts as your numbers would predict, but the formula breaks down when the second coop is considered

coop#2 would be (11*2pts)WH + (3*4pts) bank + (5*6pts) TT + (6*6pts) MM = 100

if you add in amounts for the initial levels of the WH & bank we get to 106, which interestingly (but probably coincidentally) is twice the actual Village production progress.

If a couple more folks would post their building levels and Village Construction Progress number, we could back into the correct numbers fairly easily, (provided it is a straight line formula).

edit - to clarify, I am looking at the Village Construction Progress number (negative) before and without considering any happiness from decos

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 25.04.2017
    @Lylu (INT1) I'm not sure either, that's why I called it "an assumption" :) I was hoping that some diligent players kept track of the unhappiness as they were building but it seems that diligent players are dying out in this game. There's no way for me to know from my village (all L1 appart from warehouse - and we aren't going any further untill we know it has some benefit) if the progress is the same on each level. I only used this assumption cause nobody posted any observed empirical data and BF people don¨t respond to these questions at all. Maybe we need to ask in developers corner, but I don't have time to sift through that messed up section to see if they are giving any answers there. So any more precise data, wheather from players or from developers, is definitely welcome. For now it's as far as I'm willing to go with my analysis of this section untill more precise data is delivered by someone else.
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    some figures for progress ... hope this helps someone make sense of them  ;)

Village Construction Progress -74: Warehouse L12, Bank L3, M&M L6, F&F L6, Jetty L1

I really can't work it out ... especially as the increase even for the same type of building has been inconsistent, am not sure whether it is buggy or not but without figures for what it should be from the developers I don't know. Without question we upgraded the M&M and F&F on two occasions without any change to construction progress, then when nothing had finished and we had a hotfix the progress suddenly jumped. I am working on the assumption that the M&M and F&F upgrades are -1 each as that seems to be their most common change. 

• Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555

New content just keeps coming, constant events or challenges. GGS really doesn't listen to customer feedback at all. Please fix all of these bugs. Please try to listen to customer feedback. So many suggestions have been made, so many customers are on the same page, but you keep doing the opposite :( Japanese event looks good, except I'm sure it will be full of bugs (you even mention compensation of fireworks, because of last events bugs lol), as well as did not listen to feedback about so few having access to win appearance. And, of course, you start event immediately after CC, to probably end when next cc comes around, so that it is 100% busy all the time.

The village is still bugged. Unlimited storage is awesome, but you will take it away and give us back field bugs. Can't you just fix village, or take it down until fixed? The rewards aren't worth it in village (jetty or league challenge) and just seems like extra "busy" work has been given to us. Also, where did you guys come up with the random ranking system for the league, making it impossible for some cooperatives to achieve goals because they get matched up with much stronger (gold-wise) coops? Ex: my coop is a silver league coop, only some buy gold, yet we were ranked near top and cant even get close to completing an item before other coops (both) finish. Why did we start at rank 5? It will take WEEKS before we drop to a suitable rank where we could actually compete and maybe win something. So what, we have to wait until probably end of summer before league becomes relevant to us?

I know I am just writing this to myself, because GGS will never read, respond, or realize...

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 02.02.2023

B) 
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • I don't know why I'm even bothering to post this since clearly GGS does not pay attention to any input even when they ask for it (Test Farm - haven't fixed a thing we asked you to JERKS!)

The Captain Yarnacle is a Frack hole!  Build the Jetty for him at level 10, then he immediately asks for an item that you can't produce until you reach Level 21 AND upgrade the T&T to level 12.  His rewards are akin to me buying him a 2000 sq/ft house & him thanking me with a handful of Chili-Lime flavored Sunflower seeds that have been in his creel since 2003....can't even plant them!  If you have millions to burn, you can buy hundreds of dollars worth of Frack-All from the watch salesman at the jetty...sure it's a genuine Rolex!

The P&L on Resin & Paint is so horrendous that I have pleaded with my newer farmers to resist the temptation to waste $43,000 V$ + materials on a batch of Paint.

Village Happiness is impossible to keep up on & since any Tom, Richard or Harry can start anything anonymously I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, the Village League & the Co-op Village. At least let me know who screwed us with the latest upgrade, or the poor basket pick in the Village League so I can BOOT THEM!

In the immortal words of Cartman: "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

• 露草 (JP1)露草 (JP1) JP1 Posts: 289
    edited 25.04.2017
    I thought that the increasing value was different.

For example,
    construction(Lv0->Lv1):+4
    Lv1-Lv5 : +1(For each level up)
    Lv6-Lv10: +2
    Lv11-Lv15:+3
    (may be Lv16-lv20:+4)

case1 (Lylu (INT1)
    Village Construction Progress is -40 : Warehouse level 12, Bank level 1, M&M mill level 1, and T&T mill level 1
    WH L12,4+21=25
    Bank L1,4+1=5
    M&M L1,4+1=5
    T&T L1,4+1=5
    25+5+5+5=40(ok)

case2 (Lylu (INT1)
    Village Construction Progress is -53 : Warehouse level 12, Bank level 4, M&M mill level 5, and T&T mill level 6
    WH L12,4+21=25
    Bank L4,4+4=8
    M&M L5,4+5=9
    T&T L6,4+7=11
    25+8+9+11=53(ok)

case3 (debj (GB1)
    Village Construction Progress -74: Warehouse L12, Bank L3, M&M L6, F&F L6, Jetty L1
    WH L12,4+21=25
    Bank L3,4+3=7
    M&M L6,4+7=11
    T&T L6,4+7=11
    Jetty L1 =20 (I checked)
    25+7+11+11+20=74(ok)

But this is not complete.
    Sometimes the calculations do not match.(ex WH Lv13..)

thanks ALL!  :)
    Post edited by 露草 (JP1) on
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    edited 25.04.2017
    thanks for that chart JP1 (sorry, i know this is your server, but my keyboard doesn't have the characters for your name)

I think you have it right, I do remember (but not 100% sure) that an earlier level upgrade only increased the VCP by -1.  And, I can confirm that a mill upgrade from 5 to 6 increased the VCP by -2.

I hope (HOPE HOPE HOPE) you are wrong about the Jetty level 1 being a -20, cause somebody in my Coop started the upgrade even though we discussed not doing it until after we were much farther developed.  Will confirm when construction completes tomorrow.

Maybe if we are lucky the devs will fix the village happiness to be the sum of the decos all coop members have placed on their farms (as described in the original announcement) - funny how few have noticed or are  complaining about this error.
  • Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    ... are not showing up since update. Anyone else having this problem?

• archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531

Whenever I do an upgrade in my co-op the timer hits zero and it just sits there and nothing happens.  Even if I refresh and reload the game... is the timer not running right?
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I don't know about the rest of you but I for one do not like any of this. I want my happy farming game back. If I wanted a war game I would go find one. When you first start playing Big Farm it clearly says "Play Goodgame Big Farm and build a huge farming paradise! Raise cattle, plant crops, train horses, and complete fun missions." No where in that sentience do I see anything about all this new competition crap that seems to be the first thing GGS is pushing on us these days with a CC twice a month and now this coop village and village league.

I do have a page on my website for the village that I did before when it first came to the test server. I will not be doing a page for the village league though because I don't understand it and I don't even want to.

Please just give me back my huge farming paradise! I'll pay gold to build that but I will not pay gold to compete with others because I don't care if my pop is bigger than your pop.

Spurgiukas (INT1) said:
    How will that affect the village coop challenge? I seem to think the rankings were not limited to the server ... so that mean that there are teams (like ours) currently being challenged and unable to compete against coops that can access??? 
    I think that no one from INT1 server can play..

I agree with Spurglukas. Our coop Happy Hens are boycotting and not actively competing in the Village challenge. We are farming for our cooperative and if that gets us points/goodies in the Village or inter-coop Challenge, then it is bonus..

Peggyegg

Agreed and agreed.   I already told my two coops to just not worry about it.  Grow side crops ONLY if we see a need.  And no rush.   The third coop I'm in,  (just a player, not a leader) is by far the most active, always finishes challenges, etc.   They haven't won a competition yet.  The leaders are frustrated.  
    Is this what the developers are after? Lets see how much we can frustrate people?  That much is working.

I stayed away for a day or so.  And now some new event is running.  When I look I have not ONE CLUE if I'm suppose to do something?  Or just farm as usual and get what ever coins fly out that I know not why.
    Someone pulled pranks on my farms.  When I look up who, nothing comes up.  THEN I see that same name as part of the event itself.   SO now are we running events that play pranks?

This game gets dumber by the nanosecond.   Maybe I should just walk away for another day or so.
    Then two…. three.   See if there are still bugs.  Or anyone left in my coops. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I think they switched the free beer at GGS headquarters to blue Kool Aid. :)
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    Just adding my comment from the Green Giants coop.

WE HATE THE VILLAGE, THE CHANGES IN HAPPINESS WHEN WE UPGRADE SOMETHING AND THE VILLAGE LEAGUE.

IT ALL JUST NEEDS TO GO AWAY.

Thank you for reading this. It is in CAPS lock on purpose. It represents our collective frustration with this all.
  • 露草 (JP1)露草 (JP1) JP1 Posts: 289
    edited 26.04.2017
    >Lylu 
    The VCP of the jetty Lv1 was -20.
    I Was disappointed when I saw this....(Noooo!)

Therefore, I think that Meadow's VCP is also expensive.(may by -20 ?)

露草(Tuyukusa jp1)
    Post edited by 露草 (JP1) on
  • I am not able to collect any product from the factories on Cooperative Village
  • Does anyone know what level your factories need to be so that you can produce an item more than x2?  It is really annoying having to go back to produce 2 lots of nails every 12 mins.

Sorry if this info is already posted I just couldn't find it if it is:-))

Thanks

Kim
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    As your co op upgrades the M & M factory your team can make 1% more with each upgrade to it.
    I am not able to collect any product from the factories on Cooperative Village
    Have you tried the usual ? Log out clear your browser history then log back in. If that doesn't get it fixed try emptying your flash player or try a different browser.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/977699
  • As your co op upgrades the M & M factory your team can make 1% more with each upgrade to it.
    Yes we have upgraded both to level 7 and have increased production but it is the number of times you can produce at once, I was wondering about.  With the mill you can make 1 lot of chicken feed or 20 lots at a time depending on your level.  At the moment in the factories at level 7 you can only make 2 lots of everthing each time, so what level do you need to increase this?

Thanks
    @Runnerkim (GB1) recheck your factories. Our M & M factory is only level 6 and we can make 108 nails in under 12 minutes. Check to see if there is a little arrow on the right of the quantity. That should allow you to increase the amount you can make at a time. My guess is once we/you get the M & M factory to level 10 then your team should be able to make more nails at a time, as an example. 
  • @Runnerkim (GB1) recheck your factories. Our M & M factory is only level 6 and we can make 108 nails in under 12 minutes. Check to see if there is a little arrow on the right of the quantity. That should allow you to increase the amount you can make at a time. My guess is once we/you get the M & M factory to level 10 then your team should be able to make more nails at a time, as an example. 
    Yes at level 7 it is the same 2 x 54 nails in just under 12 mins.  So I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what levels the quantity does change at.  What level can you make 3x, 4x or 20 x 54 nails?
    As I pointed out with each upgrade to the M & M factory you can make 1% more. So upgrading the factory to level 10 we should be able to make about 60 nails per batch.
  • As I pointed out with each upgrade to the M & M factory you can make 1% more. So upgrading the factory to level 10 we should be able to make about 60 nails per batch.
    But that isn't my question, I understand that, my question is at what level does the nuumber of batches you can make increase like with the other production facilities you are not stuck with just being able to make 2 batches at a time.   A level 1 mill allows 2 batches at a time but a level 8 allows 28 batches.  Will the number of batches increase as the levels of the factories increase?
  • BFDSS (US1)BFDSS (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    I have noticed something with the edge plants. After I plant an edge plant, harvest and plant something else to run out the penalty time, the next time I try to plant something in that field, I have a VEEEEERRRRYYY hard time getting the options ring to appear. I have clicked on the fields 10-15 times sometimes before it will come up.
  • BFDSS (US1)BFDSS (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    I am looking for a definition of Break Costs. Is it that a percentage of previously donated product is deducted (broken), or that the amount needed to donate increases?

Also, if we "start" an upgrade, but don't donate any materials until we have collectively gathered enough, are there any break costs associated with that?
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    I just wanted to share since glancing over the 18 pages of posts didn't include anything like I experienced.  We have been repairing the boat, giving a few extra goodies, nothing extreme, and have been receiving 6 to 9 items in the personal gift box which always includes at least 1 mystery box.  Today, in the mystery box I received the following:

Very nice and welcomed surprise  :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705

I don't really understand this fixing the boat. Could someone explain it to me please?

We partially fix the boat and then it leaves. Does it come back with more damage? If we completely repair the boat, will it come back damaged again? This sounds like a perpetual nightmare of constantly throwing resources down a black hole, or is it boat hull?

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    You understand it just fine Rusty farmer  that is right it just sucks supplies and your personal stock for personal friendship which is never ending.  One of their worst inspirations along with competition going non stop. 
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Think I won't bother much then. Does it get better with higher levels of boat though?
Sign In to comment.