Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 12th - Cooperative Village, League, Meadow and Captain Yarnacle - Discussion

Comments

• every time CC start, the game is getting slow, I have to set low graphic, and no animation, causing I can't see any gift on my farm
    I think this happen because too many players online at the same time makes the INT1 server "overload" (maybe?)
    and now, more farm to load on the game (village and temporary farm)..
  • I just sold a bunch of stock and my dollar amount did not go up. I  sold apples (3000) Eggs (4000)  and some other stuff.
  • For me my barns arent working, and I can have an unlimited amount of any item, I don't understand what is going on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ohhhh wait,  they got rid of the green button to buy all of a given thing.
    I can still buy more than 2 milk… just gotta enter an amount.

Maybe this is one of the bugs they are working on fixing???
    Actually, that was a bug fix, @Artmaker (GB1) :)

Too many people were accidentally spending all their money, gold, and karma by clicking on the wrong button, so the "maximum buy" buttons were removed some months ago.

You can achieve the same result by overtyping the amount with a very high number, and it will reduce it to the maximum :)
    Thanks, didn't know the part about overtyping a number.  Thought it was just due to the latest bug fix, the unlimited storage thing.   (which is nice BTW.   Hope they take a long time to fix that one.)

Two of the three coops I'm in have pretty much given up on the new coop village thing.  The third hasn't won a challenge yet.  I bet once they do and find out all that work gets them a few bags of feed, they won't bother either.   That sure didn't take long.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I'm missing the 'goto village' button, but the unlimited size barns are quite good...!
    I'm guessing they realized there are too many bugs.  Made it more difficult to get there.
    Loving the unlimited storage though.   
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    The main issue is still yet to be resolved and I believe it should be top priority....the lag/slowness of the game. Sowing and collecting becomes almost impossible after about an hour of playing the game. What point is there playing a game that becomes unplayable due to lag within an hour, sometimes less?
    Didn't you get the message? :) You are just playing too long. :)
  • edited 22.04.2017
    there is temporary unlimited storage at the moment which GGS  will fix in the next update. You will have to sell the excess once it is fixed in order to Harvest
  • Chaotic (US1)Chaotic (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    I'm having issues with seaweed feed not working, its just reacting as a normal feed... wasted 40 on a duck coop  :0(   That wont happen again... Cost me the feed, the time, and a win on a coopcha mission. NOT impressed
  • MARVIC (US1)MARVIC (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Suggestion: We should have the FXP displayed on the screen similar to the XP.
  • I see lot of players having a hard time getting to the village. I look for the sign post for cooperative village (hands clasped) on the left side of the farm and click on it. Takes me direct to village. Hope this helps.
  • my produce dissappeared now its not replinishing when i plant new crops whats up waisting my time playing
  • I see lot of players having a hard time getting to the village. I look for the sign post for cooperative village (hands clasped) on the left side of the farm and click on it. Takes me direct to village. Hope this helps.
    Humorous sarcasm doesn't translate well into the written word, but if you were trying to be funny, I was rolling!!
    I just go to the World Map and take a sharp left at Albuquerque; it's the large settlement with all the funny symbols above it...

• Peggyegg (GB1)Peggyegg (GB1) GB1 Posts: 67
    I don't know about the rest of you but I for one do not like any of this. I want my happy farming game back. If I wanted a war game I would go find one. When you first start playing Big Farm it clearly says "Play Goodgame Big Farm and build a huge farming paradise! Raise cattle, plant crops, train horses, and complete fun missions." No where in that sentience do I see anything about all this new competition crap that seems to be the first thing GGS is pushing on us these days with a CC twice a month and now this coop village and village league.

I do have a page on my website for the village that I did before when it first came to the test server. I will not be doing a page for the village league though because I don't understand it and I don't even want to.

Please just give me back my huge farming paradise! I'll pay gold to build that but I will not pay gold to compete with others because I don't care if my pop is bigger than your pop.

Spurgiukas (INT1) said:
    How will that affect the village coop challenge? I seem to think the rankings were not limited to the server ... so that mean that there are teams (like ours) currently being challenged and unable to compete against coops that can access??? 
    I think that no one from INT1 server can play..

I agree with Spurglukas. Our coop Happy Hens are boycotting and not actively competing in the Village challenge. We are farming for our cooperative and if that gets us points/goodies in the Village or inter-coop Challenge, then it is bonus..

Peggyegg

• um, no, I wasn't trying to make a joke. I hate waiting for pages to change so I skip the extra step of going to world map and go straight to the village. I'm a bit puzzled at what you thought was funny but that's ok. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • speedydust (INT1)speedydust (INT1) INT1 Posts: 83
    Where is reward shop? Where can i enter it and buy things i want?
  • Where is reward shop? Where can i enter it and buy things i want?
    For Village League reward, a pop up comes at end of challenge if your team won, the items will double after each single purchase, check all 8 pages as items are not in order of medal cost. Spend what you can, as left over medals are converted to Village dollars. This will happen also if you do not spend the medals at week end and new week starts, or you close the window at last chance sign in time late Sunday early Monday. Careful not to close it accidentally, we can't reopen it.
  • AndyGriffith (US1)AndyGriffith (US1) US1 Posts: 129
    edited 23.04.2017
    Where is reward shop? Where can i enter it and buy things i want?
      peanutt, I thought your comment about using the sign was funny (it would have been painfully obvious to me if I didn't prefer to use the World Map...)  CBF55, I value your opinions and appreciate the time you've taken to make all those Pages, which are EXTREMELY helpful, so if you're not happy with the new Combat Mode of Big Farm, one would think GGS might take that seriously.............I have NO idea how GGS is gonna justify placing a limit on barns again.  I'm sure I'm not the only one pounding out Top-Shelf goods & products while the sky's the limit!!  Are they really gonna make me sell 50K boxes of soap or 100K cherry cookies if I don't want to at the time???  I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Watching the train wreck in slo-mo,
    Rick

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 23.04.2017
     Are they really gonna make me sell 50K boxes of soap or 100K cherry cookies if I don't want to at the time???  I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Watching the train wreck in slo-mo,
    Rick

Well, the way it's worded, once the limit is back in place, if you want to harvest any of the over-the-limit items, you'll have to sell off, first.  No biggie, unless you're in a mission or an event that asks you to collect them.  My fear is that that old bug of having things freeze up if you go over the limit and try to sell off will come back.  Fingers crossed on this end. :)
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    edited 23.04.2017
    I see lot of players having a hard time getting to the village. I look for the sign post for cooperative village (hands clasped) on the left side of the farm and click on it. Takes me direct to village. Hope this helps.
    I see lot of players having a hard time getting to the village. I look for the sign post for cooperative village (hands clasped) on the left side of the farm and click on it. Takes me direct to village. Hope this helps.

• Love yer apron, Big Beck!!  Glad to see that someone DOES give a Flying F...

• mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Sorry for posting this again, but I really want to know the answer to this question: is there a way to change the departure hours for Yarnacle? If so which?
  • AndyGriffith aka Rick, You didn't offend me or anything of that nature, I take myself too seriously. Sometimes I need a sign post to point me to funny stuff. :smiley: Oh yeah, I agree, there's gonna be one heck of a fire sale come Monday morning. All my bins are full too.
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    HI All,

Well the weekly reset has taken place & it is now a bit more clear what the "bug" was, but the good news is that no one should have lost anything. 

Normally what "should" happen, is that the 1st time you login after the Sunday night reset of medals, you will get a pop-up which allows you to go to the store to exchange your medals or to close the store and have them converted into Village dollars. However, as you probably noticed, this week if you went to the store, it showed your medal balance as 0, so you could not exchange them, but when you close the store, your medals are still correctly converted into Village dollars.

This should be fixed before next weeks reset, so that you will get the last chance to exchange your medals, before they are converted.

It didn't get fixed.  Same problem occurred this week too.
  • AndyGriffith aka Rick, You didn't offend me or anything of that nature, I take myself too seriously. Sometimes I need a sign post to point me to funny stuff. :smiley: Oh yeah, I agree, there's gonna be one heck of a fire sale come Monday morning. All my bins are full too.
    No sweat, dude!  I try to see the humor in all things; it's usually there if one looks just a little bit.  And I guess I will find out what needs selling sometime on Monday, although I will still prolly keep any finished goods until I'm ready to sell them --- only the unfinished products will have to be sold...
    R

• HI All,

Well the weekly reset has taken place & it is now a bit more clear what the "bug" was, but the good news is that no one should have lost anything. 

Normally what "should" happen, is that the 1st time you login after the Sunday night reset of medals, you will get a pop-up which allows you to go to the store to exchange your medals or to close the store and have them converted into Village dollars. However, as you probably noticed, this week if you went to the store, it showed your medal balance as 0, so you could not exchange them, but when you close the store, your medals are still correctly converted into Village dollars.

This should be fixed before next weeks reset, so that you will get the last chance to exchange your medals, before they are converted.

I'm not sure I even got village dollars, there was no shop window or message of weekly rewards. Should have had a noticeable amount increase.
  • HI All,

We, our cooperative, were neither allowed nor chosen by the country
    HI All,

I'm not sure I even got village dollars, there was no shop window or message of weekly rewards. Should have had a noticeable amount increase.
    Same here. Didn't even get the last chance dialog screen.
    edited 24.04.2017
    Back to village buildings unhappiness. Since there was no response to my previous post I will build on assumptions from what I perceive to be correct values. I checked CBF page quickly but the info doesn't seem to be there either.

Btw @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) impressive work in general, but a lot of numbers in Village section are incorrect.

T&T plus Mineral factories have -6 VHP per level, which is -1200 VHP when fully built.
    Bank probably -4 per level, so -200 for full building.
    And warehouse has the least effect, -2 per level so -40 for full
    That makes total of -1440 VHP.
    Since production costs grow sort of exponentially we can expect something around plus 4 000 % (40 times more) increase on production costs?

Here's some thoughts on what this system represents: When a low or mid level player joins a co-op with a bit more developed village they will be facing several hundred to several thousands percent increase on their production costs in village. Since due to unfriendly VHP system they will be low on VHP in their farms they will not have money to do anything in the village as they need money to develop their farms. Since VHP in current system seems to be repressive towards NHP they will correctly favour NHP to VHP to make their farms work so no incentive to build VHP = no incentive to do anything in Village. Given that so far there seems to be nothing attractive for a farmer in League, Yarnacle or Meadow (with some question marks left for Meadow), such a player will have no incentive to do anything in the village anyway. Result? Village is left for top guns who have everything built already and nothing else to dump their dollars into, or compulsive gold spenders and completionists, or players with no economy thinking who just mindlessly do things without reason. As such it can hardly be called a cooperative activity as most players will be excluded from that for one reason or another. Well, unless all those who play strategy game will leave and most of those who stay will be from above groups.

Notice an interesting difference between NHP and VHP. With NHP you simultaneously build both houses that give minus NHP and decos to rebuttle the negative effect so it's quite a natural developement and easy to chose at what happiness level one wants to operate their farms and then keep it ballanced there. Such system makes a good sense. Not so with VHP. Later on you jump into a speeding train with huge unhappiness to start with, but you have very limited choice to rebuttle that with VHP decos. I can't see how anyone could have considered this to be a viable and enjoyable addition to the game.

Another comparrison would lend itself with temp farms. They also come as a very restrictive feature at a low level when nobody can afford to build them, but at least offer limited investment operations and some nice different decos plus maybe an interesting game play for some, so at least some sense of success can be acquired after the first shock of lost boat efficiency as main dollar giver at that level. Not so village. It doesn't allow much of a meaningfull limited operation and it doesn't seem to bring any desirable rewards worth the investments. So if temp farms was a waste of money and effort for low to mid level player, village is a nonsense multiplied in this sense.

Any comments or corrections on that?

Well, game makers, am I missing any yet undiscovered purpose imbedded in the village, or is it really just total nonsense from farming strategy point of view?
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 24.04.2017
    Btw @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) impressive work in general, but a lot of numbers in Village section are incorrect.
    I did notice that my numbers were off on the amount of materials needed to upgrade the buildings. I acquired those numbers from a spreadsheet on the HU1 server and at that time I was unaware their server needed more materials than ours did to upgrade their buildings.
    I placed this note on each chart...
    "The amount of upgrade materials will be less then what is listed on these charts. I was not aware at the time some servers must work harder than others. I will get these changes made soon as I get time."

As far as the the village production cost increasing so much each time you upgrade a building on the village Kamilcom, I must agree with you 100%.

When the Village first went live I had -46 village production cost and now I have -44 and I even added more dcos with VH on my GF. Sadly I had to rid down some production buildings just so I could afford to plant edge plants. These new decos have such low VH on them there is no way we can keep up with the village upgrades and we have no way to increase the VH on the decos.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 24.04.2017
    I did notice that my numbers were off on the amount of materials needed to upgrade the buildings. I acquired those numbers from a spreadsheet on the HU1 server and at that time I was unaware their server needed more materials than ours did to upgrade their buildings.
    I placed this note on each chart...
    "The amount of upgrade materials will be less then what is listed on these charts. I was not aware at the time some servers must work harder than others. I will get these changes made soon as I get time."

As far as the the village production cost increasing so much each time you upgrade a building on the village Kamilcom, I must agree with you 100%.

When the Village first went live I had -46 village production cost and now I have -44 and I even added more dcos with VH on my GF. Sadly I had to rid down some production buildings just so I could afford to plant edge plants. These new decos have such low VH on them there is no way we can keep up with the village upgrades and we have no way to increase the VH on the decos.
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) Actually the amount of materials to upgrade the buildings it is different than those shown in your page, some are higher and some are smaller: for example for level 7 of the T&T our coop needs 12,300 bamboo (vs the 5,840 it is in your page) while we need 490 of rook, vs the 1,880 that is shown... I wonder: does it depend on the levels of your other buildings or on the size of the coop or is it random or were those amounts collected from the test server and have changed when going live?

By the way, great job on your page. I love it. I don't know how many times I use it in a daily basis.
Sign In to comment.