Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 12th - Cooperative Village, League, Meadow and Captain Yarnacle - Discussion

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ok, darn it all.   I have my special dandilions and we are SO close to actually winning one of these village beat each other up things,   and I can't harvest!!!!!! I unloaded all of the side crops possible in the village farm.  Keep clicking sell, and nothing.

Bad enough they roll out so much complicated stuff at once, then to do it buggy on top of that?

Ok, has anyone found a fix for this?   Selling doesn't work, unloading it, tried that.  

And THIS is what GG thinks we "want?"
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    sell dandelions @Artmaker (GB1)  sometimes it takes 2-3 time selling them but it should eventually do the trick

• The announcement said: "Inactive cooperatives are not part of the League and won’t be visible in the ranking. Once they become active, they will start from the bottom of the League."

What is an inactive coop?  How does a coop become inactive?

They cannot... by simply harvesting and producing (farming) your contributing to the village league.  An inactive co-op is one that chooses not to participate.   Being forced is not inactive.  That statement is inactive !

Give us a choice, give us a button that gives us a choice (which you should have done in the first place).... they will not do it because they know it will end !
  • So my screen is telling me that there's a harvest ready in the CV.  There isn't, and one won't be for another 8.5 hours.  New bug, or has this one also been mentioned a few thousand times???

R

• Prairiewitch (US1)Prairiewitch (US1) US1 Posts: 101
    edited 20.04.2017
    I think they actually believe their own press release:

https://www.goodgamestudios.com/company/press/

"With the new updates for the cooperative village and the expansion of fishing opportunities, Big Farm offers players a completely new area and gives them the opportunity for greater cooperation, thereby satisfying players’ wishes". 

They also think this (Village League & Yarnacle) is what we are asking for.

Well put MRG1!!!  and I love the Picture.....PLEASE BRING BACK MY FARMING GAME!!!!!!!
    And I don't recall asking for this stuff, I asked for new seeds, livestock, bakery and flower shop items, a new permanent farm and more land plots basically enhancing the "Farming" part of the game, 
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Tired of making nails 104 at a time.  Can we have one of these please?

• Tired of making nails 104 at a time.  Can we have one of these please?

LOL!!!!   I lOVE IT!!!!!!!!   So true!!!!!
  • Its Me (US1)Its Me (US1) US1 Posts: 266
    I noticed if the landscape architect upgrades a deco w/VH, the VH does not increase.  Is that the way it's supposed to work.

• I noticed if the landscape architect upgrades a deco w/VH, the VH does not increase.  Is that the way it's supposed to work.
    The VH portion will upgrade eventually, it does not upgrade at the same rate as the "regular" dec's do.  I'm not sure what the ratio is, though...

R

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737

I noticed if the landscape architect upgrades a deco w/VH, the VH does not increase.  Is that the way it's supposed to work.
    The VH portion will upgrade eventually, it does not upgrade at the same rate as the "regular" dec's do.  I'm not sure what the ratio is, though...

R

Are you sure of this Andy cause I have not seen this personally or this mentioned anytime before here that Greta was able to increase VH on the decos
  • I have raised mine.  Only one level so far, but some have been raised.  There is a notice that says something like "that is a good decoration upgrade" or some cr@p like that.  Remind me what the base levels are for your various "double-dec'ers"  and I'll compare them to mine...

• Hi all.
    Seems as if the bugs are not all fixed. I was just harvesting one of my fields with the edge crops and it told me that I needed to sell my oak even though I only had 900 and it said that I have space for 3,000! So I tried to sell 122, since that was the suggested amount, and my field did not clear and it is locked up. HOWEVER the oak amount did decrease by 122 but my field still did not clear and is locked up. Then sold all of my stored oak and still no change. Any other further suggestions.......?!  
    Regards,
    Chinesedragon!!! So I just lost 900 oak for nothing.
    edited 20.04.2017
    Chinesedragon You are over on the main plant  flower, barley, or whatever you planted  there are many posts on here about this issue but understand yr frustration.  Yes that is a display bug I guess.  who knows when it will get fixed.
    Andy are you sure cause Greta only shows regular happiness  nothing about VH when you upgrade.
  • I could be wrong, D3; all mine are comparing at the same HP's as those of my Team mates.  Could have sworn I had one or two go up, but...........

• Thanks Damaria3. I did go and sell the original crop that I was selling with the edge plant and it worked but now I have lost the 900 oak! I really do hope that GGS fixes this since it is rather frustrating to be growing things and then not able to use them.

Regards,
    Chinesedragon
  • My F/F is stuck can't harvest  2 days now and I got rid of everything and still stuck ...

I hate the village already . . this is NOT fun anymore . 
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Are we not supposed to build the Horse Meadow, or just not take it to Level 2?  Mod Bulletin just says 'upgrade', so it's not clear
  • droopy980 (NL1)droopy980 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 14
    My F/F is stuck can't harvest  2 days now and I got rid of everything and still stuck ...

I hate the village already . . this is NOT fun anymore . 

for us it worked fine with quickly leaving our coop and back entering it again.

several of our coop had same problem

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Tired of making nails 104 at a time.  Can we have one of these please?

At higher levels, does the batch quantity increase beyond 2 to produce?
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    if we leave coop then medal will remain with us or it will reset to zero ?

• dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    How do Increase coop village happiness?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    How do Increase coop village happiness?
    build decos that have V.Happiness on one of your 3 farms. (Xmas train, St.Pats reward etc.)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 21.04.2017
    About village buildings (un)happiness. Has anybody found out the numbers yet? There's been question (with suggested 1% per level) but never answered I believe.

The little I have is this: Starting unhappiness with Dennis' "gift" was -28. Which would make it about -2% per warehouse level and -4 for bank (or some variation of that) as at that time they were the only two village buildings standing. When we added T&T factory it went to -34, so -6 per level? I'm not doing anything, just keepng an eye on and safeguarding what uninformed members of our co-op do. :)

More importantly: Has anybody figured out yet if the whole village complex has any actual benefit or significant relation to actual farming strategy? So far from what I've observed and read on forums it all looks like unrelated bunch of mess.

To mention just a few points about what I mean:

• Everything about co-op is restrictive or punishing with zero direct benefit for farming (edge plants penalty, village happiness restrictions/hassle, break costs on village buildings, Yarnacle no reward when not online at the time of arrival, unability to access league rewards anytime and cumulate medals etc.)
    • League rewards are mute. Yarnacle is resource pit for pittifull return, horse meadow is an alchemy with questioneable benefit at the best so far?.
    I suppose somewhere down the road there will be some village materials that could sell with profit, but whatever I checked so far, the profit was marginal, so not worth the effort. And I haven't done any extensive number crunching yet. Everything is too messy to waste much time on that. If Yarnacle and meadow is the "final product" of the whole village system then it seems to be absolutely useless and farming unrelated so far.

Any insights on that anyone?

EDIT: and regarding delayed CC without anouncement etc. ............ I'd rather have Calamity Jane around then this BF team. :) They turned the game into disaster simulator. :)
  • thesurveydoc (US1)thesurveydoc (US1) Posts: 80
    edited 21.04.2017
    1) Started 1st Jetty upgrade yesterday.  There is scaffolding over the Jetty, but no timer is showing.

2) Factory runs are not always being shown on the right hand navigtaion bar.  i.e. Can't tell when a factory run is completed without going to the CV.
    ETA:  Timer is now completely gone post hotfix.

3) XPs awarded for factory runs are inconsistent.  I've received 100 and 8100 for running the same amount/item in the factory.  Is it supposed to be this way?
    Post edited by thesurveydoc (US1) on
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Hi does anyone know when you donate to repair the boat on the village, is it worth doing them partly.

For example, we have done 2 and the 3rd one needs more items one of which we cannot make at the moment so obviously cannot finish the 3rd one.

Do you still receive gifts for doing part of the last one.  Thanks for your help xxxx
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hi does anyone know when you donate to repair the boat on the village, is it worth doing them partly.

For example, we have done 2 and the 3rd one needs more items one of which we cannot make at the moment so obviously cannot finish the 3rd one.

Do you still receive gifts for doing part of the last one.  Thanks for your help xxxx
    You are going to find that at first the Jetty will not be worth it, much better off to build it after the horse meadow and you are able to get the 2 factories up quite a bit more ;) Once the Jetty is built each time it goes out it in cure's some damage which has or should be repaired the next time it comes back. Very tough to do at first.
  • RookieLana8 (US1)RookieLana8 (US1) US1 Posts: 191
    You can upgrade village deco when the landscape architect is here  :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    You can upgrade village deco when the landscape architect is here  :)
    Not the village happiness part just the regular part of the happiness
  •  XPs awardeed for factory runs are inconsistent.  I've received 100 and 8100 for running the same amount/item in the factory.  Is it supposed to be this way?
    You consistently get 100 for making nails, but if someone else generates 8000 for making something else, then next time you make nails you will be shown 8100.
Sign In to comment.