Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 12th - Cooperative Village, League, Meadow and Captain Yarnacle - Discussion

Comments

• crf (US1)crf (US1) US1 Posts: 97
    Rewards shops: Does anyone know how that works. If we win medals at the end it prompts us to go to the rewards shop.  Say we won 1257 medals. Is that split between the members and each can get their own rewards or is that the total for the coop and only one member of the coop is responsible for getting the rewards for the coop?  
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Seems another bug is that buildings being upgraded in the village farm don't show the same scaffolding as other buildings being upgraded.   I've been going nuts with this all morning.  I click upgrade, we have all the stuff needed, and it seems nothing is happening.   I just now caught a tiny little clock showing how long the upgrade has to go.   But it doesn't look like it at all.

And please DO NOT tell me "this has been discussed in the forum."   Almost all of my three coops are filled with players who DO NOT USE THE FORUMS AT ALL!!!!! I'm the only one trying to fill in answers with very few people also trying to figure this all out.   Sifting through countless posts in a forum is NOT part of the game.  It's not fun.  This COULD HAVE BEEN BUILT INTO THE GAME EASY ENOUGH!  
    And bugs SHOULD HAVE been fixed before rolling this out.

(And yes, frustrated, and hoping SOMEONE at GG is reading.   I don't post when everything is hunky dory. Just when something goes horribly wrong and I have to ask myself how much longer do I want to keep playing this at all.)
    If you're producing something in the building, the scaffolding won't show until the production is finished.

IE., if you're making bricks AND upgrading the Metals Factory, you can't see the scaffolding until the bricks have finished producing.

You can look in the little Construction Window at the bottom while you're in the village to confirm that the building is still upgrading.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    ah, ok thanks.

Now we have a building upgrading, only the timer says zero.  I tried moving from farm to farm, sometimes that fixed the stuck timer thing.   Nope.

Nuff for today.  Don't care.  Let it sit stuck. Maybe a log jammed in the saw or something.  lol. 
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720

Now… I have a question.
    Another coop I'm in actually WON one of these village challenge things.   And for a half a nano second, I saw some kind of icon fly out of the side bar village league thing.  Not a clue what that was it went by so fast.

So…. for all this work, what exactly did we "win?"  A bump in rank?   Our number went up a notch?  Is that all?
    Where is the prize?   What exactly is the point?
    Probably the reward medals.  When you "Win" a competition, you win a certain number of reward medals for that competition, and it will pop up a window allowing you to spend them on various "prizes".

You'll also get a bunch of medals when the weekly campaign ends (on Sunday), and the rewards window will pop up again allowing you to spend them.  Any you don't spend at that point will be converted to Village Dollars at a rate of 5:1.
    The popup window came up last Sunday and told me I had about 40k medals at the end of my weekly campaign but after entering rewards shop I couldn't buy anything because it was telling me I had 0 medals. I figured maybe I came in too late and the medals were converted to village farm dollars as stated by GGS but no......no medals, no village dollars, so GGS owes me 40k's worth of medals or the village dollar equivalent. Will that get added to my account in addition to next weeks campaign? I won't hold my breath because its been a while since I associated the word "fairness" with this game  
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    Hello,
    Anybody hear?
    Updating the T & T factory on the village the timer is stuck at 0:0 by three hours and is requesting me 1965 golds to finish this.
    I logged out and back several times but nothing happened.
    Nobody from GGS  can solve all this mess around that you are created and you are not able to solve?
    If you have not this capacity tell us frankly about it.
    Hello again,
    I rose a problem in the morning. Now the amount of golds requested is decreased to 1896. Maybe next week will ask for 0 golds.
    GGS don't you hear?
    Any clue any idea?
    Thanks for rewards (ha,ha...) but I think you forgot to give us the village dollars.
    Where are?
    In my account not yet
    edited 19.04.2017
    Thank you for the "Harvest Ready/Quick Select" icon on the Quick Menu to indicate that a harvest is ready in the Co-Op Village!! :)

Going to the Village Map every time I wanted to get to the Village was getting old in a hurry. :)
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555

I hope someone can answer these questions for me:

1) does every upgrade of everything (factories, warehouse, jetty etc) cause village happiness to decrease?

2) who has permission to start an upgrade?

3) what determines to-be-collected totals for each item in the village league competition? (coop rank, # in coop, etc)

Thanks in advance, I understand some of this may have been answered, but this is a lengthy thread...

I can response to you just for the first questions:
    1. With every upgrade the happiness will decrease by 1% percent.
    2. Leader and deputies of the co-op should start instantly the upgrade without to waste time for the vote of the rest of the team
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    In my - and coops option - it really doesnt give any sense, that regular members can start a challenge, it can only mess up, when (and how often) we want them. And then there is timming - like there on friday will start CC - how to balance with that if we are in a challenge?

Basically, we want it to be the leader and deputies, that can start up challenges - just like with the coop.
  • Boy did I have fun on the test server this past week thru weekend.  Sadly the Coop Village was a nightmare.  Why did it have to be so difficult, and with soooo many parts and items and reading that did not make one lick of sense.  Why do I have to build HIS ship up and even supply him with food for HIM to not give me anything for my troubles and time and effort.  I do not think it is worth spending that much time supplying the ship with materials to only get 4 special cabbage seeds as rewards.  I can get special seeds from my nursery for only 2hrs of wait time.  That was nonsense.  And the level of upgrades to get to even start building the ship was outrageous.  I can understand you want people to use actual money to do all these upgrades, but once again GF is over doing it with the price/cost of items in the game.

Dont get me wrong, it is a nice idea, but needs alot more time in the oven before it is rolled out to the main game. And trying to understand what to do and when and why also needs great fine tuning before roll out as I read and write english and still cant figure out what the heck I am suppose to do or how when it comes to the coop village stuff and the coop horse stuff.  Try again Devs.
    Ok, so how do you even locate the rewards page?

• angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    hi does anyone no when u donate to repair the boat on the village, is it worth doing them partly.

example: we have done 2 and the 3rd one needs more items , we have til 6pm to finish it, but dont think we will, we have donated 3 of the items done.

do u recieve gifts for doing part of the last one:))))

Ok, that's not even built yet.  Can't for another 4 levels.    So no rewards of any kind for the entire first 10 levels of this new farm????? Just cost.  Marvelous.

I was thinking about this coop village thing last night.   It dawned on me,  there are enough people playing this game who have GOT to win at any cost so the non stop, continuous challenges, and the many slots for gold spending to speed things up, GG must be counting their dollar signs.  

I bet though, once the newness of this wears off, this game will be wittled down to those who keep blowing money just to get a number higher than the next guy, and those who give up on this unrewarding venture and just stick with their farming.  Or possibly leave coops all together.
    The question will be, which batch grows the most.   If the spenders keep GG in the black, more of this will be added to the game.   

Ya know, they really lost sight of how THIS game appeals to people.  Spending gold to get better stuff, more fun stuff, that's how this use to work.   Keep the competitions to games that are all about battle.
    Galaxy  (Which they let go long ago and are killing off completely in May.)  Empire.   Personally I won't even touch that one. Already heard all about how much money they want for every little thing.   But there are plenty out there who love to battle so for them, there is Empire.
    I just want my relaxing happy little "click fest" as my daughter puts it.  Move at my own pace.  Try for events if I can, let them go if my schedule is too full.  LIke that.
    This is turning into more of a war game.   I don't like that one bit.
    The new farm is cool with all the new stuff and buildings.  That much IS fun.  Could sure do without all the coop against coop nonsense.   There really needs to be a decline button somewhere.
    Or maybe a setting the leader can switch making the coop a fighting one, or a no, we just farm one. Decline ALL challenges automatically.    Then let GG watch and see where the population leans.

Ok, that's not even built yet.  Can't for another 4 levels.    So no rewards of any kind for the entire first 10 levels of this new farm????? Just cost.  Marvelous.

Oh, were you referring to the Village League Rewards page?  I'm sorry, was thinking of the boat.

The Village League rewards page will appear whenever you win a competition. The only other time you'll see it is after the weekly reset (on Sunday). it pops up automatically, there's no way to get to it "manually".

That allows you to spend ribbons won during the Village League competitions.  If you don't win any, you won't get any ribbons except on Sunday, where you'll get some rewarded to you based on your Co-Ops ranking.  You then have to spend them when the Rewards page pops up, or they'll be converted to Village Dollars (5:1 ratio) and you'll start over with 0 ribbons.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 19.04.2017
    Since there is no discussion from today's official announcement I will write it here:
    1) Thank you for the compensation, it was nice, although I would rather prefer that you don't introduce annoying known bugs that have been found in the test server on the other servers.
    2) I do not understand the "Storagelimit set to 20": wasn't already set to 20 for horse stuff and Yarnacle stuff? Am I missing something?
    3) Thank you for adding the timer for the village. However it seems not to be working when you just sign into the game (not a mayor issue but for you to know)
    4) Just wondering. I just read the Adventure's boat help and it says "It seems that Yarnacle has a very close relationship to the people of Volcano Island, since he often gets exotic fruits and other supplies from them. He's obviously very generous, too, because he gives away everything that he gets from the volcano tribe for free!
    It is a long way to Volcano Island, and the trip is pretty dangerous [...]" A volcano island is supposed to be the 4th upcoming farm. Does this mean that our way to that island is through the coop village? Or I guess it will be at least somehow related to Yarnacle?
    5) How can it be that the second upgrade to the jetty is available from village level 15, but a material that you need to donate for the upgrade (blockboards) cannot be produced until you upgrade the Timber and Textiles factory to level 15 which you cannot do until you reach village level 27? It seems inconsistent.
    Edit: 6) Oh yes, another question: is there a way to change the departure hours for Yarnacle? Couple of misunderstandings in my coop about how the building (people didn't realize that voting can actually start a construction) and speeding of constructions worked (somehow some people thought that after clicking in the helmet you could donate workers to speed up the future construction time of the building you clicked on, not that you were speeding up the construction of current building), made that Yarnacle ship is docked when most of the coop is sleeping or working...
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    thanks for the addition of the timer (shame it's buggy though).  
    generally I am trying to be optimistic about the village stuff and I think it has the potential to be good, as long as it remains profitable. 

However, I have 2 issues ....
    1) captain yarnacle is a waste of time for the vast majority of my coop as he arrives at midnight and midday, and so most of the coop are either asleep or at work and so miss him.
    2) village happiness ... a couple of issues with this ... 1) what is the penalty for the construction to happiness? because we have only done 9 upgrades (not including the ones from Dennis) and it is showing -66 on construction progression, at least with the other farms you were told before you constructed houses how much negativity it would cause. I am guessing it is 3 points? 2) a concern about the whole village happiness aspect due to the general rarity of village happiness decos and the ability, or as it appears at the moment inability, they have to offset the impact of construction which means that it is difficult enough for long term players, let alone players who have only just started to manage to get a happy village ... in the long run rather than being a good selling point of a cooperative a well developed village could become a negative one all due to the impact of happiness ... 

At the moment all I am hoping for is that there is a Village Landscape Architect very quickly due to be created and appear on the horizon with the ability to upgrade existing village happiness of decos and add it to existing ones (and not at ridiculous prices as well). 

The village could also have done with a load of tasks to help navigate the aspects, because there was so much new stuff it took us over a day to realise we could sell the products for ordinary dollars through tab 7 of farm management, and longer to realise that we could click on the caravan to find out about the medal awards ... not to mention most of the other aspects as well ... 

Oh, were you referring to the Village League Rewards page?  I'm sorry, was thinking of the boat.

The Village League rewards page will appear whenever you win a competition. The only other time you'll see it is after the weekly reset (on Sunday). it pops up automatically, there's no way to get to it "manually".

That allows you to spend ribbons won during the Village League competitions.  If you don't win any, you won't get any ribbons except on Sunday, where you'll get some rewarded to you based on your Co-Ops ranking.  You then have to spend them when the Rewards page pops up, or they'll be converted to Village Dollars (5:1 ratio) and you'll start over with 0 ribbons.
    Thanks for the clarification.   I know I saw a rewards page but couldn't figure out where.  now I know.
    My coop is actually ahead in the current challenge.  Maybe we'll get something.

Yarnicle.   Still haven't seen him.   Sure hope this doesn't involve fishing.  I find the whole fishing experience to be a drag.  Been fishing lately to try and get through these coop league things.  It's SO stupid. Seems I real in the line and the fish still pulls away.  In real fishing this isn't possible.  ALso you can take as long as you like with a real fish.  I tried steady clicking to keep the gauge in the yellow, timer suddenly speeds up.  I tried better line, lure, reel.  NOTHING seems to matter.  I get a few then get one that runs out the clock no matter what.   It's just stupid.
    So much easier to just send him off fishing but the choices are limited.  
  • Solmar (US1)Solmar (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 19.04.2017
    How it should be is not how it is. Some points:
    1. What is the point of so many event decorations if only so few of them give coop village happiness? All event decorations should give coop village happiness... Right now I have 96% happiness in my main farm and 94% happiness in my gourmet farm, and 94% happiness in my flower farm. But I have red, no discount, in my coop village, with only 13 total happiness in my coop village due to having only a few coop village decorations locomotive etc.
    2. The warehouse should be more like the bakery, allowing the storage of extras, but it is not.
    3. The gold researched coop dollar donation bonus should apply also to the coop village dollars donated to the coop but it does not.
    4. The medals earned from the coop challenges should be cumulative, not reset.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @Artmaker (GB1)  Agree 100% about the fishing.  I just set Olag on his little pier and let him happily fish away dockside.  Every few hours, I double my money.  $161,000 a day isn't very much, I know, but I don't have to do anything for it.  
    @Artmaker (GB1)  Agree 100% about the fishing.  I just set Olag on his little pier and let him happily fish away dockside.  Every few hours, I double my money.  $161,000 a day isn't very much, I know, but I don't have to do anything for it.  
    I've only been fishing now to boost our chances in this new village competition thing.  And ONLY if we are ahead on the fishing.   But wow is it ever dumb.    And frustrating.   Real fishing, once you reel in the line, the fish don't dive to the bottom.  They can't.  But this?  It's as dumb as the horse racing.  No logic to it at all.  
    yup, got him fishing for bonito for the next 5 hours.  Easy.  
    BTW…. To GG.  (not that anyone looks here.)

Of my three farms, two just happen to be holding their own with the competition thing.  And players ARE showing up more.
    But the third?   Normally the busiest one, most advanced, well no one there goes to the forums, or I think did the test server.  So no one had a clue what this is all about.  As a result we are HOPELESSLY behind in every challenge so far.   As a result,   I barely showed up there.  I see several players with orange or red dots.
    Even the leaders are sort of ho hum about this whole thing.

I have a strong feeling about the two coops that are trying everything out, once people figure out the rewards are not at all worth all the effort, they will start dropping off.

This whole thing was not thought out very well.   Certainly not tested long enough to give you any kind of useful results.   
    This is all about greed.    It's just dumb.   If you planned this better, made things easier to understand without searching a forum board,  you would keep your customers (yes that's what we are after all)  interested.

Sure you'll get some quick profits.  You watch as those dwindle.
    I'll be watching for your NEXT round of lay offs.    
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Question: Is village happiness cumulated with members' décor for the whole coop, so that we all get to see the same level of happiness, or is it individual, so we all get to see different levels of happiness for the village based on our own private décor?
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    @Rusty Farmer (AU1)

The village happiness used to determine production costs in the village factories is based on your own private decorations.

But when the concept of "melancholy" is introduced into the Village League, that will have to be based on collective decorations.  Because of redlight members who won't have any decorations with village happiness on their farms, I await that development with trepidation :(
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 20.04.2017
    I think they actually believe their own press release:

https://www.goodgamestudios.com/company/press/

"With the new updates for the cooperative village and the expansion of fishing opportunities, Big Farm offers players a completely new area and gives them the opportunity for greater cooperation, thereby satisfying players’ wishes". 

They also think this (Village League & Yarnacle) is what we are asking for.

Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The announcement said: "Inactive cooperatives are not part of the League and won’t be visible in the ranking. Once they become active, they will start from the bottom of the League."

What is an inactive coop?  How does a coop become inactive?
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    The inactive coop is coop made of players that did not log in a game for a loooong time (all red dots). This is the only way. If anyone is playing, he/she will pick something the competition asks in 2 weeks just by accident even if he/she ignores the leauge compleately.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Is horse meadow fixed now or still bugged? It was mentioned not to touch the meadow for now but that was before the hotfix
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I think we may eventually see some players moving co-ops, some to co-ops that like and compete in challenges , others to co-ops  that only do very few challenges and some players may just go it alone and some will find another farming game. 
Sign In to comment.