Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village League Challenges

Comments

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    As far as anyone knows , Coop championship will be back, same time same place , every 2 weeks .

Village league runs every week , finishing at midnight Sunday CEST. After a bit of sorting out, I suspect there will not be that much action, as co-ops settle at their comfort zone, depending on membership, player level and time, and spending inclination .
  • This Village League seems to cater to the bigger  stonger coops. I mean we are going against to huge coops and cant win and this stinks.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    This Village League seems to cater to the bigger  stonger coops. I mean we are going against to huge coops and cant win and this stinks.
    OMG  don't know what you are talking about catering do you see the amounts asked for  well if you are in a smaller coup you are at a disadvantage and this is a problem with this whole King of Hill event which is a hot mess and do you have any idea of the pitiful prizes you get.   They need to take this back to the board and scrap it.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 19.04.2017
    From Official Announcements:

""The Village League is a permanent competition...

Mechanics:
    • Each Cooperative can only challenge the opponent directly above in the ranking but can be challenged by the opponent directly below, as well (example: If you’re in 5th place, you can challenge the 4th place and get counterchallenged for the 5th place by the cooperative ranked 6th at the same time).

• An ongoing challenge against a higher cooperative will be automatically canceled if a counterchallenge against a lower cooperative is unsuccessful.

• A counterchallenged cooperative won't lose the all progress of a counterchallenge when the challenging cooperative has been beaten by the cooperative below them.

• In order to win a challenge or a counterchallenge, you need to finish the tasks before the opposing cooperative does (both have 5 tasks and the first completing the last one wins. It doesn’t matter who finishes the first 4 tasks).

• After winning a challenge, your cooperative will climb a position in the ranking. After losing a counterchallenge, you will drop down one position.

• You can have a challenge against the cooperative directly above and a counterchallenge against the one directly below at the same time. ""

Hope this helps. :)

• Either I'm not fully understanding the challenge, or it's the pits.  We were challenged by the co-op below us who in turn were being challenged by the co-op below them.  The co-op challenging us lost to the others and now suddenly the products we need to supply have changed because of a new challenge. So would I be right in thinking that a current challenge becomes void if the guys challenging you lose to another co-op. I hope I've explained this right because right now I'm spitting feathers as I've wasted all my special corn and alfalfa seeds which quite frankly I could have kept for next CC.
    its also go to void if you beat the challenge you started your rank go up and the challeng the one below you desaper too so its mean if a coop rank up or down 2 challenge end no matter won lose or nothing
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    A bit of a waste of time in my opinion......other events give much better rewards for much much less work. The increase in prices in rewards shop every time u buy a product makes it even worse.
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    100% correct Gizmo.  

And we have enough to do anyway with every week a C-C. The rewartds are absolutly a JOKE. 

But as we know by now GGS is not listening to the players in the inquiery. There will be more and more competitions added to the game,with result they will lose a lot of players.

I wonder why we have now already 3 times to grow HUGE amounts of alfafa?

I do my thing and told in my Coop that the Village is not my thing and i will play the C-C like before,help with the projects and that is it.

Also after a long upgrade you can now change 8000 Village dollars more. Wow that is a big improvement. I hope deep in my heart that the Coop Village will die like the friends thing and our Modern Airport. 

Maybe then they will start thinking at GGS what the players realy wan,t in the game

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    So as long as we are too high in the ranking, harvesting for a challenge has no use? Because we always loose from the better coops above us and never get the time to finish the challenge from the coop below us, because the challenge resets as soon as the coop above us wins.....
    Is this correct?
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    So as long as we are too high in the ranking, harvesting for a challenge has no use? Because we always loose from the better coops above us and never get the time to finish the challenge from the coop below us, because the challenge resets as soon as the coop above us wins.....
    Is this correct?
    In our case it was the co-op below us who had challenged.  They lost to a team that was challenging them dropping them down the rank and made void the challenge we were half way through.  However I now think their challenge to us was an error.  They were a team of 5 under level 30 players already defending their place so I can't see why they would add to their workload by challenging us.
  • edited 19.04.2017
    From Official Announcements:

""The Village League is a permanent competition...

Mechanics:
    • Each Cooperative can only challenge the opponent directly above in the ranking but can be challenged by the opponent directly below, as well (example: If you’re in 5th place, you can challenge the 4th place and get counterchallenged for the 5th place by the cooperative ranked 6th at the same time).

• An ongoing challenge against a higher cooperative will be automatically canceled if a counterchallenge against a lower cooperative is unsuccessful.

• A counterchallenged cooperative won't lose the all progress of a counterchallenge when the challenging cooperative has been beaten by the cooperative below them.

• In order to win a challenge or a counterchallenge, you need to finish the tasks before the opposing cooperative does (both have 5 tasks and the first completing the last one wins. It doesn’t matter who finishes the first 4 tasks).

• After winning a challenge, your cooperative will climb a position in the ranking. After losing a counterchallenge, you will drop down one position.

• You can have a challenge against the cooperative directly above and a counterchallenge against the one directly below at the same time. ""

Hope this helps. :)

yep yep this really helps now can we have it in english please  :)
    ps, i really wouldnt worry too much about this as it will prob be something no one will take part in in a few weeks
  • I would like to know how the ranking is figured in the Village League. OR  What is the mathematical algorithm used to figure the number required of an item that the cooperative has to harvest.  Because either way they need to be reworked.

I am in a Cooperative with 10 members and we were challenged by the lower ranking Cooperative that has 55 members. When I looked at the total numbers required for each item that the cooperatives had to harvest it became apparent that it is not taking into account the number of members, because our numbers were almost as high as the challengers.  Below is what I am talking about.

My Coop with 10 members-Total Required

169,850  Cabbage

32,970   Donkey

21,110 Citrus Fruits

78,160 Vanilla

467,820 Wildflowers

The Coop with  55 members-Total Required

190,007 Cabbage

36,877 Donkey

23,615 Citrus Fruits

87,432 Vanilla

523,349 Wildflowers

Difference between the 2 Coops

20,157  Cabbage

3,907  Donkey

2,500  Citrus Fruits

9,272 Vanilla

55,000 Wildflowers

They have 45 more players than we do and yet our numbers were almost as high as theirs.  How is this fair????    Of course they will win, even if  a third of them don't play they still have the numbers.  I really like my coop and yes we tried but we just couldn't compete with these numbers.  With the Village League we have to try to focus on harvesting the items required, when do we get time for our own farms and what our own farms need?  This is nothing like the Cooperative championship where we are doing missions.  And it is nothing like Santa's list where we are working together to achieve a group goal.    

I was a player with Good Game Empire, but I found I liked the city building but not the conquest part which is what it seemed to be mainly geared for and I left.  I didn't want the Challenging and/or Defending battles.

Then I found Big Farm where I could build my farms, find new friends in a cooperative and compete in the quarterly Cooperative Championship.   It was my escape and it was fun. 

First the Cooperative Championship is twice a month and now we have the Village League which is continuous and never stopping.  Why not just call it the Cooperative Battleground, "a farming fight to keep your ranking."  I would have stayed with Empire if I wanted this type of competition.     I had hoped the Cooperative Village would have been more than it is, but  seeing how the Village League is run with the unfair numbers, the Cooperative Village is a place that I want to avoid.

I read in one of the forum posts that some coops were losing members left and right just because the players wanted to get away from all of the Cooperative challenges etc....

And by not being in a Coop they are free from all of that.   Hmmm something to think about.

On second thought get rid of the Village League..aka King of the Hill it is a waste of players time!

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I agree! What u stated along with the rewards up for grabs at the end of the week, and the ridiculous price of those mediocre rewards (3200 medals for 10 superchook feed for example) makes the CC look like an incredible event. At least with the CC u get similar levels of stress for decent rewards. 
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    I agree, don´t see the fun at all, in your village competion. So I´m close to suggest my fellowfarmers, dropping the whole thing. and just focus on building op the koopfarm

• Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    I would like to know how the ranking is figured in the Village League. OR  What is the mathematical algorithm used to figure the number required of an item that the cooperative has to harvest.  Because either way they need to be reworked.

I am in a Cooperative with 10 members and we were challenged by the lower ranking Cooperative that has 55 members. When I looked at the total numbers required for each item that the cooperatives had to harvest it became apparent that it is not taking into account the number of members, because our numbers were almost as high as the challengers.  Below is what I am talking about.

My Coop with 10 members-Total Required

169,850  Cabbage

32,970   Donkey

21,110 Citrus Fruits

78,160 Vanilla

467,820 Wildflowers

The Coop with  55 members-Total Required

190,007 Cabbage

36,877 Donkey

23,615 Citrus Fruits

87,432 Vanilla

523,349 Wildflowers

Difference between the 2 Coops

20,157  Cabbage

3,907  Donkey

2,500  Citrus Fruits

9,272 Vanilla

55,000 Wildflowers

They have 45 more players than we do and yet our numbers were almost as high as theirs.  How is this fair????    Of course they will win, even if  a third of them don't play they still have the numbers.  I really like my coop and yes we tried but we just couldn't compete with these numbers.  With the Village League we have to try to focus on harvesting the items required, when do we get time for our own farms and what our own farms need?  This is nothing like the Cooperative championship where we are doing missions.  And it is nothing like Santa's list where we are working together to achieve a group goal.    

I was a player with Good Game Empire, but I found I liked the city building but not the conquest part which is what it seemed to be mainly geared for and I left.  I didn't want the Challenging and/or Defending battles.

Then I found Big Farm where I could build my farms, find new friends in a cooperative and compete in the quarterly Cooperative Championship.   It was my escape and it was fun. 

First the Cooperative Championship is twice a month and now we have the Village League which is continuous and never stopping.  Why not just call it the Cooperative Battleground, "a farming fight to keep your ranking."  I would have stayed with Empire if I wanted this type of competition.     I had hoped the Cooperative Village would have been more than it is, but  seeing how the Village League is run with the unfair numbers, the Cooperative Village is a place that I want to avoid.

I read in one of the forum posts that some coops were losing members left and right just because the players wanted to get away from all of the Cooperative challenges etc....

And by not being in a Coop they are free from all of that.   Hmmm something to think about.

On second thought get rid of the Village League..aka King of the Hill it is a waste of players time!

Specialy to avoid that Coop-village and every 2 weeks C-C i just posted this morning  my name on the list for Single players looking for a Coop. But not ANY coop,nonono only a coop wich not play heavy the C-C and let that Useless Coop village challenge for what it is. 

Only normal farming with Coop-projects ,weekly events and have fun without the stress.

Level 227 on this moment. I think i will make a good decision by stopping that FAKE competitions 

You would be welcom in our koop Boer Bartels, to bad we´re not on the same server. But we have lost some farmers since thee village thing startet, You can borrow a farm on our server ....
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 20.04.2017
    This village league competition gives us no choice to play or not, if you are farming normally you are contributing to the village league, like it or not you are in it and it is not right ! Then you put co-ops on the naughty list for not giving it all they got...when they already have and need to replenish.

We need something in order to skip the challenge if we do not want to participate at that time.

No other event is set up like this, it's redundant at best.
    I suggest for the village league to be held seasonally with breaks in between.  Before the new season starts, a VOTE be implemented ((similar to the Cooperative Championship count-down timer / voting )) where the members of the co-op choose if they want their co-op to participate in that season. Seems fair. :)

• My co op and I started a challenge yesterday with the co op ahead of us since the one below us had challenged us and we were already doing that counter challenge.  I looked one minute and we were at 30% completed and the other co op was at 12%. I went to harvest my dandelions for the challenge
    and as soon as I went to my Gourmet Farm a pop up came across the screen saying our co op lost the challenge. When I had my deputy contact the co op we challenged they weren't even aware they had won. Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so what can be done to make this right? I think it is unfair my co op worked their bums off all day to be told they lost when the numbers were saying otherwise as was the progress counter if that is what that is called. 
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250

If the coop above you (the one you challenged) were at the same time busy with another challenge (with the coop above them), and they won that challenge at the point where you went to harvest your dandelions, the challenge that you had made against them immediately falls away ...

because the moment they won their other challenge they moved up one rank and was no longer available for you to challenge.  And the coop above them (whom they had successfully challenged) will now have moved down one position in the ranks (and, of course, available for you to issue a new challenge to, should you wish).
  • Thank you Rowdy that makes sense

• Sorry but got to put my two cents in though. 
    First off yes that makes sense that if a co op changes rank they are no longer available to you but I wish someone would have known this before hand. I myself and my co op sat here harvesting for honestly the better part of the day as did the other co op. Why couldn't this just  be a one challenge at a time thing though. working 3/4 of the day and doing well to have it taken away at any time is a horrible thing for any co op. Starts to make me wonder if it is worth doing any challenges if they can just be taken away at any point. 
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250

I completely understand what you're saying @FarmerMleroux58 (US1).

And you are not alone in feeling and thinking this way ... there are also other posts on the forum regarding this and other aspects of the village league that you might find interesting.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Sorry but got to put my two cents in though. 
    First off yes that makes sense that if a co op changes rank they are no longer available to you but I wish someone would have known this before hand. I myself and my co op sat here harvesting for honestly the better part of the day as did the other co op. Why couldn't this just  be a one challenge at a time thing though. working 3/4 of the day and doing well to have it taken away at any time is a horrible thing for any co op. Starts to make me wonder if it is worth doing any challenges if they can just be taken away at any point. 

Completely agree!

Love a challenge, love a good game with brainteasers in it - but hate to be manipulated and/or forced to do things I don't want to do, or which will harm my coop. Once we had a choice in what features of this BF game we liked to play .... but nowadays this horrible competitivity element and these "being constantly 'forced' to play" features of the game - because otherwise other features might not be accessible to you, or otherwise you will 'hurt' your entire coop - do creep more and more into this game, which I strongly reject! 
    well spoken Jiesta
  • I would love a button to say we dont want to participate... The amount to collect is unobtainable for us its Sunday now and on Monday we were challenged we have only completed %37.7 or challengers have only %6 none of us will make a full basket so what happens at end of week ?? non one finished or completed a basket so no awards ?? were just waiting for others to challenge us and just farming as normal from now on... why try if its impossible??
    And its not just the Village Challenge...were a small co-op with low level members its already hard on players when, in a mission, some ones in first place with 7500 milk and your only level 30 and think 47 milk feels like such a pathetic amount.  It ruins the enjoyment of the game and members leave before reaching a higher competitive level. lower level players don't need to feel this way and should be able to compete against a matching level or be able to opt out until they can without feeling like they are useless to the co-op.
    please big farm you are loosing players due to ridiculous expectations.  
  • the little calendar in the corner seems to indicate it's once a week...
    if neither team has "completed" by then, does the  competition continue?  or is there a forced weekly re-set?
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    weekly campaigns end on Sunday (not sure of the exact time - someone please post if you know).  Challenges in progress will continue into the following weekly campaign.  

You will be awarded medals for you current ranking at the weekly campaign ending and offered an opportunity to spend them in the rewards shop.  Any unspent medals will be converted to Village dollars and credited to your account.

Remember - prices in the Rewards shop are for quantity one (1) of the item listed and prices will double for each successive purchase of the same item.
  • momrulz (US1)momrulz (US1) Posts: 162
    edited 23.04.2017
    ...thank you @Lylu (INT1)

so if neither the challenger nor the defender is at 100% completion, it continues.......correct??

just making sure i understand :smile:

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    ...thank you @Lylu (INT1)

so if neither the challenger nor the defender is at 100% completion, it continues.......correct??

just making sure i understand :smile:
    When it first rolled out on the test server, there was a maximum challenge time of something like 3 days.. It was removed after a week or so because Co-Ops were having a hard time completing the challenges in that time frame.  So far I haven't seen any maximum timer(s) on the live servers, so for at least right now, challenges continue until someone wins.  Whether there's any plan to change that in the future, who knows? :)
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    well, it's now Monday morning GGS time and the weekly campaign didn't reset for me - did it for anyone else?

tried to switch to the Village and everything hung up.  Restarted and now INT1 won't load (stuck at the "counting the worms....." screen.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

well, it's now Monday morning GGS time and the weekly campaign didn't reset for me - did it for anyone else?

tried to switch to the Village and everything hung up.  Restarted and now INT1 won't load (stuck at the "counting the worms....." screen.
    Hasn't reset on US1 yet either.
This discussion has been closed.