Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Not able to reduce edge plant penalty time

Hi I just finished planting edge crops on wheat and it says I have a 6 hour penalty. I have planted wildflowers, alfafa, and cabbage and I can't seem to lower the time. Is this a bug or should I be doing something else? Thanks!

Comments

• why does the slow down cost such a large penalty in yield??

I have lvl 9 fertile fields and all the books for corn even the Mayan book

Why after paying all that gold is the penalty so high?? 

13 corn ? really !!

this is not good value for real money spent.

sorry for the thread Hijack but it feels related to what the OP posted

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Original normal crop growth time determines the length of the penalty.  With the longer times, you get a larger quantity of edge crop harvest and the by products (sand, clay rocks) and the by-products will continue to be harvested as long as the penalty lasts.  You need those by-products, so it's not a complete loss.  Just don't plant edge crops in all the fields, if you need the main crop.
  • There seems to be no way out of some rocked or wet fields have wait one day the timer says 0 time left offers to sell for money but does not work
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    I think there's either a bug or a miscommunication somewhere: it doesn't seem possible to reduce the penalty time by planting crops without edge plants. The time elapses like any other time in the world: no speedups, no slowdowns. I haven't been able to reduce it with any plant, no matter how short or long its growing time; once a field has say, 8h penalty, it literally means 8h, no more no less.
    Maybe someone has counted wrong and then spread this rumor, or was there something in the update info that was worded badly?
    For example if someone has a 8h penalty, plants corn, and harvests it after 5 minutes, the penalty time has decreased by 5 minutes because corn took that 5 min to grow - but the penalty would have gone down even without planting anything. Maybe they thought the crop itself reduced the time and reasoned that it works to speed up the penalty?

So far, I've found that nothing does. If you have an 8h penalty, it's going to take 8h. You can do whatever you want with those 8h; plant anything, don't plant anything, it's still going to be 8h.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    The penalty period is equal to the amount of time the edge plants have been growing on the field, garden or meadow.  If you wait to plant your edge plants 'til 40 or 50 seconds before the regular crop is ready to harvest, you reduce that penalty time to a mere 40 or 50 seconds.  Hardly any penalty at all!  You don't get as many edge plants per harvest (since they're not growing as long) but if you experiment and run the numbers, you find that you're better off waiting 'til the end instead of planting edge plants immediately after planting the regular crop.  Especially so since you're not suffering a penalty on the regular crop.
    It's a good tip to wait until the end to plant edge plants, just as long as we keep village dollar costs in mind. Edge plants cost village dollars to plant as we know, and if someone starts advising their co-op members to all do that, many will run out of village dollars (and lower level players also run out of farm dollars) before they can get any noticeable amount of edge plants with that method. Because you get less if you plant them late, you also get less out of your village dollars.
    Won't be a huge issue later on though, because we will all have super high level banks, and if the player has a lot of excess farm dollars.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    edited 17.04.2017
    @Niryn  That's a good point and I'm glad you made it.  However, the difference is negligible when planting bamboo & spruce (probably the most called for things in upgrading factories.)  I made enough profit planting bamboo & spruce on top of corn at the last second to keep from having to go back to the bank for more village dollars for over two days.  (Of course, once I proved the point to myself, I started in making more expensive edge plants and donating everything to the factories.)
  • I think there's either a bug or a miscommunication somewhere: it doesn't seem possible to reduce the penalty time by planting crops without edge plants. The time elapses like any other time in the world: no speedups, no slowdowns. I haven't been able to reduce it with any plant, no matter how short or long its growing time; once a field has say, 8h penalty, it literally means 8h, no more no less.
    Maybe someone has counted wrong and then spread this rumor, or was there something in the update info that was worded badly?
    For example if someone has a 8h penalty, plants corn, and harvests it after 5 minutes, the penalty time has decreased by 5 minutes because corn took that 5 min to grow - but the penalty would have gone down even without planting anything. Maybe they thought the crop itself reduced the time and reasoned that it works to speed up the penalty?

So far, I've found that nothing does. If you have an 8h penalty, it's going to take 8h. You can do whatever you want with those 8h; plant anything, don't plant anything, it's still going to be 8h.
    in test server i managed to remove thos time with gold not tryed in live server
    in test i made wheat with edge than forward it with gold and then made 2 wheat forwarding with gold and the _70% desaper idk if seaweed do gold job too or not just tested that with gold and maybe if you let its grow up normaly you need just 1 time to forward it with gold or seaweed if  thos works
    and -70% time are depend on when you add edge seed  if you add edge seed befor its got ready for hatvest you dont even got -70 but you get way lesses edge mats this way
    It seems the edge plant reduction time was only for test server then. :c Because I haven't been able to reduce it by any means at all, including gold-skipping fields.

Also, buddy194, thank you for doing the testing on edge plants' cost. That's very helpful, I'm glad you corrected my assumptions!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file