Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village League Challenges

Comments

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 15.04.2017
    Baskets:
    "The products in the basket can be changed by the challenging cooperative by using village dollars or gold. Each time a product is replaced, the price increases."
    "The products in the basket can only be changed before the start of the challenge."

My question is:  the player that will start the league challenge-- decides to modify the basket...will the village dollars and gold be drawn from that player's personal gold and personal village dollars, OR will it use gold and village dollars from the co-op's treasury???

This could be a dangerous exploit of the co-op's interests and co-op's funds if any member is authorized to start league challenges.

The rules of who may start a league challenge should be reviewed by the developers.

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Without doubt , there needs to be a restriction on starting a challenge , it's too easily done by mistake .
    Also , need a timer showing time remaining on the challenge , for planning .
    Whilst on the subject , challenges seem to cause extra lag in the game .
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Without doubt , there needs to be a restriction on starting a challenge , it's too easily done by mistake .
    Also , need a timer showing time remaining on the challenge , for planning .
    Whilst on the subject , challenges seem to cause extra lag in the game .
    There is no timer.  Each challenge runs until someone wins (and someone loses).
  • I think that having the Village League running continuously will be very untenable and will lose its appeal for many very quickly. Many FTP games have a special long running time intensive draw over the summer. People look forward to it, and are willing to dedicate a lot of free time to it because it is exactly that... special, once a year, and majorly hyped. I believe the Village league would be an amazing once a year month long thing which would grant bragging rights for the year to come. I believe many coops would plan for it, and work hard for it if it were run that way. 

edited 16.04.2017
    Good idea.
    Maybe run the league seasonal--winter spring summer fall,  play for 2 months, with a 1 month break in between--giving a reset of rankings. So things can start fresh again.

Maybe add seasonal items in the medal shop, exclusive decors /  background paintings / appearance skins.

Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
    edited 15.04.2017
    <sigh> Seems my co-op has a rogue player that thinks its funny to start league challenges without consulting anyone in our group with consideration of choosing the products in the basket.  It seems blatantly malicious.

When a deputy starts a research or co-op project, the chat logs it as an activity:

[14:03] Activity: Seeker1 has started the cooperative project "Egg scramble!".

So then let there be an activity log for when a player starts a league challenge.

[14:09] Activity: Seeker1 has started a "League challenge!"

Would that be too difficult to add to the game?

• Seeker1(US1) a great idea and should be done. Of course, the startups should be deputy and above, end of the league should also be displayed in chat information. village dollars contribution by members on the list as like gold regular dollars and production shovels display, also please fix the village happiness for initial startup of production and builds there as it makes it impossible to do anything without running through massive village dollars, converted from farm money of course for everything done in the new village. have decos, dog and or cats other valuable decos that can be put on village directly by all to improve happiness there. lots of other improvements should be done there to help make it fun for the group to play there otherwise they will stay away as I'm finding out now with my group.Please do something soon or I may stay away too.Not worth the dollars put into it so far, village and regular.
  • We are already tired of it..going on our 3rd challenge. Yes we won ours so far...not the point.

There should be a button to turn down this challenge.  So burn out doesn't rear its ugly head so quickly .

A lot of names on the "Top Dropper" list already and I have a feeling they don't care...you can't shame them into playing.

Just a thought  B)

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Hate this aspect of this game not thrilled with any of the new stuff although the horse meadow may be interesting and ok, may quit the game or just leave the co op and farm occasionally.  This is going to be a tough decision will wait a bit see if they rework this game back into being fun.  
  • Judy (AU1)Judy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 34
    Hi,

I was just wondering does the fish go by weight or by how many is caught in one go?

Thanks Judy
  • Damaria, we are all aware you hate the new village. You've made that very clear. What does that have to do with this suggestion? Please, if you have something to add or something to say positively or negatively about this suggestion (which was meant to HELP with those issues of frustration) I'd love you to share. 
  • Weight
  • Judy (AU1)Judy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 34
    I dont think so
  • Andrew56 (AU1)Andrew56 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 879
    edited 17.04.2017
    C'mon GGS, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!  >:)  >:)
    Sorry but i have to write this negative message.

Who at GGS thinks it is a good idea that even a regular member can start a challenge in the coop village? There is a reason they are not made deputy. Even a leader can not do anything about it because nobody can see who started this challenge.

Will this ever be changed (maybe adding new coop ranks) because i do not feel any need in playing again.

Edit: Why does a bigger coop with high level players need less items in this competition then a smaller coop with lower level players?
    ^ Thankyou @PINJO1986 (NL1), I completely agree.

""Only Leaders, Deputies and members who’ve been in the cooperative for more 30 days will be able to start a challenge. All other members have to wait for a leader or deputy to give them this right manually.""

Please, this rule need to be changed.  Please authorize only Leader or deputy to start a league challenge.

Otherwise add a chat log (activity) with the name of the player that started the challenge.
    The above, stated by @Seeker1 (US1) should always have been in the game from the start! I can't believe how STUPID GGS/Developers are who came up with the whole "Village League" Rubbish.

AND to make it so any member can start it?? I think a lot people working for GGS have a brain issue.  >:)
    This whole update has been SOOOooooOOooo......  STUPID >:)

@WascallyWabbit, @CuddlyFoxes, @Rowdy Rac

Please can you ask the GGS team to get rid of EVERYTHING to do with anything remotely "Village League". Until there are NO bugs, They have PROPER explanations/tutorials & the change it quite a LOT!!!!!

THANKYOU!  :)

PS. I don't swear; If I did this whole post would be swearwords!

[Name-drop to Czech Mod removed | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 17.04.2017
    first and most its very hard or maybe impossible to win enof token to get decoration and kinda all other rewards are junks second why you care who started challenge you never lose anything if lose to them but against challenge other league start if you lose your rank drops which no one in co op can do anything about it cuz its other co op in lower rank that start it
  • Hi all,

We have passed on that you would prefer the ability to start a challenge be restricted to coop leader & deputies & also that you would like it to appear in the activity log (as well as activity log entries showing who starts boosters in the CC & who accepts new members).

@Andrew56 (AU1) It is unlikely that GGS would remove all the new content & it would also be very unfair on those that have already invested in their village. Adding the new features right before a long holiday weekend is as unpopular with the mods as it is with the players & trust me they heard about that from us all, but what's done is done & while I agree with you that there is a lack of tutorials, the Village is a very long term project for the coops to work on & as such, working out the best way to build it up & how to get the most benefit from it, is down to each coop to devise the most effective strategy, in the same way that each player makes their own choices when building up their other farms. I agree about bugs, no one likes those & for the most part they are either display errors or a workaround has been found to deal with them, but we would prefer if this content had been released when there was staff around to fix the bugs in a more timely manner, as even with workarounds,  the bugs certainly make the game less enjoyable. :(

@odinff7 (INT1)  We will be passing on all the feedback, including that several players have expressed disappointment at the cost of some of the rewards. Having said that, it is worth bearing in mind that as your coop rises up the rankings, the number of medals you can earn increases, so earning more medals & saving them throughout the week is what gets you the higher rewards, it would not be much of a competition if everyone could win all the prizes every week, it is something for your coop to work towards over time.
  • Hi all,
    @odinff7 (INT1)  We will be passing on all the feedback, including that several players have expressed disappointment at the cost of some of the rewards. Having said that, it is worth bearing in mind that as your coop rises up the rankings, the number of medals you can earn increases, so earning more medals & saving them throughout the week is what gets you the higher rewards, it would not be much of a competition if everyone could win all the prizes every week, it is something for your coop to work towards over time.
    umm so its rewards for thos coop that always win CC too and its just like 2-5 coop in each server other dont got a chance...
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Both depending on if you fish for your self or send Oleg out to fish for you
  • So our medals reset each week?
    Got a message this morning that we won some medals from our gems...whatever the frack that is...it was 600 or so, but when I went to the redemption page my total medals was ZERO.  I didn't eve have the 4300 medals from our VL win.

Do you guys even have a clue as to what you are trying to accomplish?
    Why did you introduce the Co-op village with the SAME FRACKING BUGS you had on the test farm 5 months ago?  Did you ever even read the comments?  No one can ever harvest their crops without a headache because you never fixed the display bug.  Your info button is a lie: if my field produces 41 bamboo canes in 5 min, shouldn't it produce 2952 in 6 hours?  That's what the math says!  Take your darn test farm & shove it up your apples if you aren't going to listen to the constructive feedback we gave you.

@odinff7 (INT1)  We will be passing on all the feedback, including that several players have expressed disappointment at the cost of some of the rewards. Having said that, it is worth bearing in mind that as your coop rises up the rankings, the number of medals you can earn increases, so earning more medals & saving them throughout the week is what gets you the higher rewards, it would not be much of a competition if everyone could win all the prizes every week, it is something for your coop to work towards over time

Really Wabbit  this is sounding so unrealistic we are 78th I think  our challenges have very high amounts needed took us four days to complete so don't know where we will be saving to get better rewards.  The rewards are so small it is insulting why would we want to worry and work for what is being offered.  Then you get one week or lose yr medals  is another major disappointment  this needs reworked.  I understand that you HAVE to sound positive but the reality is there is little here that is palatable for the players as it is with the hill challenge.
  • I would like to make a few complaints about this game, maybe other players had stated this, but I want a change from ggs.

1) The amount of goods that we need to produce is way too ridiculous. Its only good for a high ranking coop with a lot of active players. My strategy to play this game is completely destroyed when they add coop village. There are no clear instructions to play this game, we need to find out ourselves. Thanks to those devote players who give out tips. 

2) There are many bugs in this game and performance dropped when they add coop village. If they want to test out the coop village why don't they test out on the test server and fix all the bugs before implement it on all the servers?

3) Many players are complaining about this game. I wish ggs would improve this game by considering most of our complaints and opinions. Its not easy to make all of us satisfied with this game, but at least in the future less people will complaint about this game. 

Well @hmozachsown (INT1)  please don't put words in my mouth, certain aspects of the coop village such as horse farm may turn into a delight,  holding judgement on what real value the building of textile mills and metal shop has on our  farms, seems this game has gone from being a rock solid good farm game to a building game with developers trying to emulate other games on market now with this and the fishing.  I am sure you are aware of which games I am referring to. Not sure why you think people have all kinds of free time in the summer when this is time with the family doing outdoor activities for a lot of people.  Any suggestion to reduce the amount of time that King of hill is running I am ALL for it.
  • This village league competition gives us no choice to play or not, if you are farming normally you are contributing to the village league, like it or not you are in it and it is not right ! Then you put co-ops on the naughty list for not giving it all they got...when they already have and need to replenish.

We need something in order to skip the challenge if we do not want to participate at that time.

No other event is set up like this, it's redundant at best.
  • edited 18.04.2017
    does this village league take every week for the whole month?
    This is now life on Big Farm 24/7  365 days of the year. 
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    Either I'm not fully understanding the challenge, or it's the pits.  We were challenged by the co-op below us who in turn were being challenged by the co-op below them.  The co-op challenging us lost to the others and now suddenly the products we need to supply have changed because of a new challenge. So would I be right in thinking that a current challenge becomes void if the guys challenging you lose to another co-op. I hope I've explained this right because right now I'm spitting feathers as I've wasted all my special corn and alfalfa seeds which quite frankly I could have kept for next CC.
  • I've got all sorts of Special Seed growing stuff I don't want and don't need to efficiently run my farm, but I'm growing it for the competition.  I took a short break, came back, and the village coop challenge tab to the right of the screen...GONE!  I rebooted the game to see if that would change it, but nope!  So now I'm wondering if my crops are ready, and I if collect them, will they count in the tally if that tab suddenly reappears later?  I gotta say, I'm not liking this coop business at all.  Most of the folks in my coop, including me, find farming the game relaxing, and that's why we do it.  It's not relaxing at all when you are constantly in competition with others!  Many of us are discussing leaving the game, myself included!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Either I'm not fully understanding the challenge, or it's the pits.  We were challenged by the co-op below us who in turn were being challenged by the co-op below them.  The co-op challenging us lost to the others and now suddenly the products we need to supply have changed because of a new challenge. So would I be right in thinking that a current challenge becomes void if the guys challenging you lose to another co-op. I hope I've explained this right because right now I'm spitting feathers as I've wasted all my special corn and alfalfa seeds which quite frankly I could have kept for next CC.
    Welcome to the Village League! :tongue:

Yep, you explained it just right, and what you described is exactly what's supposed to happen.

Fun, isn't it? :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 18.04.2017
    NO! (not fun)
  • So is the coop challenge competition a bust or is it coming back?  Do I need to go ahead and harvest my fields or wait for the challenge to return?  I'm so confused!
This discussion has been closed.