Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village League Challenges

PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
edited 16.04.2017 in Most Discussed Topics
Sorry but i have to write this negative message.

Who at GGS thinks it is a good idea that even a regular member can start a challenge in the coop village? There is a reason they are not made deputy. Even a leader can not do anything about it because nobody can see who started this challenge.

Will this ever be changed (maybe adding new coop ranks) because i do not feel any need in playing again.

Edit: Why does a bigger coop with high level players need less items in this competition then a smaller coop with lower level players?
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I am sorry to have to tell this but even if another co op challenges you the challenge is on
     none of your members have do any thing to start it in this case. :-(
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    but anyone from your coop can challenge other stronger coop.. i THINK THATS THE PROBLEM. ou
  • What does it matter?  Just do what you can  Isn't the challenge a no harm, no foul addition to the game?
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
     I feel really stressed then I see two challenges happening....

• you guys can play? cuz i cant login saying under maint for around 1 hours already

• canco (ES1)canco (ES1) ES1 Posts: 655
    Hi,
    what criterion has been used to form the first classification of cooperatives ?
  • Don't stress, just farm as normal and you may end up being surprised and your co op could do better than you think it will.
  • What really sucks is that the challenge starts even if there are no members from your coop on to play! Talk about an unfair advantage.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Don't stress, just farm as normal and you may end up being surprised and your co op could do better than you think it will.
    Exactly.  I hide the challenge status bar and just grow my little farm.
  • ritacba1 (AU1)ritacba1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    This is a neat idea to have, but it would even be better if only deputies or leader can start these.

we have a situation where it was started by someone in the co-op when it should not have been started as we have no way of winning. We had agreed that we would accept any challenge as we where doing this and most likely - maybe win. but the co-op above us is a golding co-op and have no way of winning. and then if they win our current challenge with the co-op below us would have to start again. which is totally un-fair. 

i understand it is a "Challenge" but an un-winnable challenge is no fun.

maybe a voting system as in some deputies have to click on start or something just like a project or research.

plus there was not much info as to what is going on. no tutorial. i'm so confused and i know some others are aswell.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 13.04.2017
    This is a neat idea to have, but it would even be better if only deputies or leader can start these.

we have a situation where it was started by someone in the co-op when it should not have been started as we have no way of winning. We had agreed that we would accept any challenge as we where doing this and most likely - maybe win. but the co-op above us is a golding co-op and have no way of winning. and then if they win our current challenge with the co-op below us would have to start again. which is totally un-fair. 

maybe a voting system as in some deputies have to click on start or something just like a project or research.

plus there was not much info as to what is going on. no tutorial. i'm so confused and i know some others are aswell.

Only Deputies and the Leader can start a challenge.  {Edit: Ignore that, I'm wrong. I forgot Members who've been in the Co-Op for 30+ days can also start challenges}.

BUT you can only challenge the Co-Op ABOVE you.  You can't start a challenge with the Co-Op BELOW you. They have to do that, by challenging you.

So if you are challenged by the Co-Op BELOW you, rest assured that a Deputy/Leader of that Co-Op challenged you; the challenge is started automatically at that point; You cannot refuse it.

You can, however, feel free to ignore it.  The only penalty to losing is that you fall in the ranks.

Post edited by Southern (US1) on
    edited 13.04.2017

Only Deputies and the Leader can start a challenge. 

BUT you can only challenge the Co-Op ABOVE you.  You can't start a challenge with the Co-Op BELOW you. They have to do that, by challenging you.

So if you are challenged by the Co-Op BELOW you, rest assured that a Deputy/Leader of that Co-Op challenged you; the challenge is started automatically at that point; You cannot refuse it.

You can, however, feel free to ignore it.  The only penalty to losing is that you fall in the ranks.

I'm also compelled to point out another tidbit - if you have 2 challenges running at the same time, one with the Co-Op below you, and one with the Co-Op above you, if you lose the challenge to the Co-Op below you, you automatically forfeit/lose the challenge to the Co-Op above you.

Just something to keep in mind - you can't just focus on one challenge and ignore the other.
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 16.04.2017
    Sorry to burst you bubble southern but a regular member can also start challenging the coop above your coop. I checked all regular members in our coop and there is a difference in some of them, look at these 2 print screens of 2 members in our coop.
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/PINJO_1986/Schermafbeelding%202017-04-13%20om%2011.34.23.png
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/PINJO_1986/Schermafbeelding%202017-04-13%20om%2011.34.31.png

Sorry to have put the links in it as it seems putting images doesn't work anymore.

edited 16.04.2017
    Sorry to burst you bubble southern but a regular member can also start challenging the coop above your coop. I checked all regular members in our coop and there is a difference in some of them, look at these 2 print screens of 2 members in our coop.
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/PINJO_1986/Schermafbeelding%202017-04-13%20om%2011.34.23.png
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/PINJO_1986/Schermafbeelding%202017-04-13%20om%2011.34.31.png

Sorry to have put the links in it as it seems putting images doesn't work anymore.

You're right, I apologize - Regular members that have been in the Co-Op for 30+ days CAN start a challenge (with the co-op above them).  Deputies don't have that restriction. Can't believe I missed that. :)
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    edited 30.04.2017
    Is there a way to check who started the challenge?Today morning someone from the cooperative started the challenge.Nobody comes out and agree they started the challenge.The moment the challenge was started "the counter" cooperative harvested 6 k cabbage under 1 minute  like they knew it will happen.

Like leaders and deputies start a project ,this should come with such feature that only leaders or deputies can start the challenge.Not anyone in the cooperative can come and mess up and we don't even know who started it!!

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Is there a way to check who started the challenge?Today morning someone from the cooperative started the challenge.Nobody comes out and agree they started the challenge.The moment the challenge was started "the counter" cooperative harvested 6 k cabbage under 1 minute  like they knew it will happen.

Like leaders and deputies start a project ,this should come with such feature that only leaders or deputies can start the challenge.Not anyone in the cooperative can come and mess up and we don't even know who started it!!

@Quack (IN1)  Are you sure that someone from another coop didn't challenge your coop? That was the case today with my coop.
    edited 13.04.2017

@Quack (IN1)  Are you sure that someone from another coop didn't challenge your coop? That was the case today with my coop.
    No because that cooperative is in first place and we are second.First place cooperative cannot challenge.
    They take votes to upgrade buildings in case if you are not a leader/deputy but when it comes to challenge any random person can start and keep quiet.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    @Quack (IN1)   Interesting. Didn't know that! :o  I agree that it should be changed so only the Leader and Deputies have the ability to challenge. When you have members who aren't that familiar with how things work in the game, they sometimes click before asking for an explanation. ;)
    @Quack (IN1)   Interesting. Didn't know that! :o  I agree that it should be changed so only the Leader and Deputies have the ability to challenge. When you have members who aren't that familiar with how things work in the game, they sometimes click before asking for an explanation. ;)x
     like many questions were unanswered guess this will remain same.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    @Quack (IN1)   Interesting. Didn't know that! :o  I agree that it should be changed so only the Leader and Deputies have the ability to challenge. When you have members who aren't that familiar with how things work in the game, they sometimes click before asking for an explanation. ;)

Click in the coop menu on any name of your coop members, and in the next small window you will see next to their name the possibility to start the 'Village challenge' (see the small bolt of lightning and small League ensign) - which means that indeed everybody can start a challenge!

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    That happened to us -- someone started a challenge without a clue.  But, really, it's no big deal.  We're just farming as usual, and will wait for the challenge to fade away into obscurity.  :)
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448

Click in the coop menu on any name of your coop members, and in the next small window you will see next to their name the possibility to start the 'Village challenge' (see the small bolt of lightning and small League ensign) - which means that indeed everybody can start a challenge!

Tried this - surprised to find NOT every member can start challenges.  All my members who have been in the Coop for less than 1 month can not.  Not sure if that is causation or correlation, but I'll know on Saturday if my member who joined Mar 15 can start challenges then.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Tried this - surprised to find NOT every member can start challenges.  All my members who have been in the Coop for less than 1 month can not.  Not sure if that is causation or correlation, but I'll know on Saturday if my member who joined Mar 15 can start challenges then.
    WOW that's new to me! But you're right, just checked and the member who last joined our coop indeed can't start a challenge! Would this be because of the date they joined the coop, or would this be because of their level? Maybe one needs to be a certain level before they can start a challenge?
  • Dolphin (AU1)Dolphin (AU1) AU1 Posts: 117

As was stated by Rita, we were CHALLENGED by the coop below. We were not going to challenge the coop ahead of us as we just had a challenge against them and were going to sit back and relax. A group message was sent out to ALL the players stating not to challenge the other coop, yet it was ignored and someone did challenge that coop.
    As Rita stated, maybe if a player (not a deputy or founder) of the coop tries to start the challenge then they need to have a couple of players agree to it.

• From reading earlier, one has to be a member 30 days then they too can start a challenge.
    I agree, should be leader or deputies only.
    In answer to the "is is their level?" question - I know this is not the criteria because I have a low level long time member who can start/accept challenges, and a newer high level player who can not start/accept challenges.  I surmise that it must be a "length of membership" criteria but not 100% positive on my hypothesis.   
    would still like to know who starts challenges - should be a chat window activity entry like donating cash/gold to the coop, or starting projects/research.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 14.04.2017
    ""Only Leaders, Deputies and members who’ve been in the cooperative for more 30 days will be able to start a challenge. All other members have to wait for a leader or deputy to give them this right manually.""

Please, this rule need to be changed.  Please authorize only Leader or deputy to start a league challenge.

Otherwise add a chat log (activity) with the name of the player that started the challenge.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Ohana also agrees starting challenges should be leader and deputy only and am scratching my head why this wasn't put in place given this is the way it is set up for group projects and research. 
This discussion has been closed.