Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Notice for hard worker event

I would love to compete for top prizes in the hard worker event, but not knowing when it is coming is ridiculous. Today I got up at 830am EST and it had started at 3am EST. I am 5 1/2 hrs behind already with no corn (planted wheat over night). How is that fair? Unless you are in time zone, online when event begins, you are unlikely to win event. Why not give notice like you do for the Coop Championship?

Comments

• NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I agree completely! When I got up the event was already close to 3 hours in. I am very competitive in this event and I can't make up that time. This is the third time in a row this event has started in the early hours of the morning. I understand that for people in other time zones, that this time works. So how about starting the event at different times of day so that all time zones get a chance at some point? Or better yet, as Ed suggested, give us a little advance notice the event is about to start?

This is my favorite event, but I am getting frustrated with not being able to start right when the event starts.
  • This is not as much of a problem as you think. The first Hard worker I participated in had already begun several hours. I finished first rank.  The key is strategy.  Getting your products to 4 points per second quickly. I read this tip today: the event begins with corn, so before you press start plant corn (use special seeds if you have them). Begin when your crops are ready to harvest. Seaweed humus and fertilizer are your friend. when you earn it in other events save it for hard worker.  Burning through corn and wildflower, getting them as high in production as you can, will give you a quick boost up the ranks.  That's all I am giving away, the rest is up to you to figure out.  Strategy, not time is the issue.  
    (And, for those who will say it is spending lots of gold....guess again, I spend very little)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 31.03.2017
    This all comes back to why servers do not start at different times.  ALL events should start around the same time in their time zones,  IE 8AM or 6PM if there are multiple time zones for example in AU/NZ take the middle time zone or even the first is would not matter it would still be better than starting at midnight on events and being short changed 7hrs at the start.  No matter what strategy you use, it is impossible to catch up 7 or even 8hrs.

@Ellenville (US1)  What level is your farm, as there is no way you could catch up in the high levels. 66- 1000+
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    This is just an other event that is for top gold players only.

No way you can get top rewards other wise.

• Byron Longford, my first hard worker I was in the first division.  My second, I was in the second division and finished in 2nd rank, same situation of beginning hrs later.  My third, third division, yes it was harder, I finished 5th and earned over 1.2 million so I won the extra 2 gold tickets.  Today, I am still third division, lvl 52.  I began three hrs late, I am currently rank 38 (I was rank 205 when I began).....time will tell.  I believe you are correct though with higher lvls.  It becomes more difficult in each division, more experienced players and heavier gold user (this is not a complaint against gold user, more power to them, as gold is a resource in the game.)  
  • "stef7(US1)" , thus far today I have spent 20 gold to speed up corn to stay at lvl 8 production for a few more minutes.  
    If you believe gold is the answer then become a gold user.  For less than a cup of coffee or a meal at Mcdonald's you can have 9400 gold when purchasing during a 2 for 1 deal. ( No matter how poor we are we have things we splurge on.) Then buy a gold ticket from Omar and you have another 500 each time you purchase and mine.    
    Not being a gold user is a choice, I am dumbfounded by how much complaining there is on this forum about gold users.  Gold is a resource just like humus, using it or not is a choice.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 31.03.2017
    "stef7(US1)" , thus far today I have spent 20 gold to speed up corn to stay at lvl 8 production for a few more minutes.  
    If you believe gold is the answer then become a gold user.  For less than a cup of coffee or a meal at Mcdonald's you can have 9400 gold when purchasing during a 2 for 1 deal. ( No matter how poor we are we have things we splurge on.) Then buy a gold ticket from Omar and you have another 500 each time you purchase and mine.    
    Not being a gold user is a choice, I am dumbfounded by how much complaining there is on this forum about gold users.  Gold is a resource just like humus, using it or not is a choice.
    I can't speak for @stef7, but I didn't take her comment as a complaint, but merely stating that the event isn't easily winnable for non-gold spenders.   I've read several online comments from staff remarking "It's free to play, but not to win.  LOL!"  We know this about the game.  Mentioning which events can be won by non-gold users, and which can't, can be very helpful so other players may decide if an event is worth their time.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • You people.......

HWE has changed in the last few months. Top Gold Spenders don't do it anymore.
    Cause there is NO point.

Top gold players.....spend 300K gold to win Max 6K back????

Madness.....so they have stopped.

Its us HWE veterans only now that bother.....cause we like the 3GML's

:):):)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 31.03.2017
    Yes I was getting the 3 GML every time, but with the midnight start and only on weekends that will be the end of that.  I missed the 1st 8hrs very hard to catch that up and spend time with the family.  If GGS is only going to do CC and HWE on weekend this will be another event I will not be able to play.

It comes back to different start times, if they start at 3PM in Germany, than it should start 3pm AU and 3pm US and same with all other servers.  Midnight starts on HWE gives us 8hr less on the event as 95% of us are sleeping when it starts.  Does not matter what time they want it to start it should be the same on every server.
  • Artful and stef7, my apologies. I did not intend the last sentence of my comment toward stef7.  It is just a general statement.  I should have put more space or a line between them.  Though stef7's comment is open to interpretation, I would not single anyone out.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Artful and stef7, my apologies. I did not intend the last sentence of my comment toward stef7.  It is just a general statement.  I should have put more space or a line between them.  Though stef7's comment is open to interpretation, I would not single anyone out.  
    We're good!  :)

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Hmmm  I know this event did not start at midnight on Friday for US  I was up until 5 am waiting.  Does anyone know what time and when did GGS shorten the length of this event  how did I miss that memo cause we now have 22 hrs left.
  • I like Ellenville's post; besides mildly enigmatic, it's also a positive/hopeful post.  I work Fridays and Saturdays, so I'm always behind the 8-ball on the CC and the HWE, yet I compete and have fun doing it.  My goal during the HWE is to get at least Prize #25.  Although I somehow managed to get a hold of 2 GMLs quite a while back, I don't believe it was via the HWE; I don't believe I've ever completed it.  As for gold...as long as you're not maxing out your parent's credit cards or spending your mortgage, do what you will.  I have spent disposable cash on other online games, and possibly will on this one, it's just not part of my overall playing strategy...

Rick

edited 09.04.2017
    "stef7(US1)" , thus far today I have spent 20 gold to speed up corn to stay at lvl 8 production for a few more minutes.  
    I am a gold user and a lot more than a cup of coffee!

Nothing wrong with gold player and i never said there was!

I am level 185 been playing for 4 plus years and buy about 50.00 in gold a month. 

I was just answering a question. Maybe before you criticize someone you should try and get all the facts. No place did I complain about gold users, all I did is state a fact if you want to be in the top of this event you need gold. How is that a complaint????? 

Statement yes, complaint no!

Post edited by stef7 (US1) on
    edited 09.04.2017
    I can't speak for @stef7, but I didn't take her comment as a complaint, but merely stating that the event isn't easily winnable for non-gold spenders.   I've read several online comments from staff remarking "It's free to play, but not to win.  LOL!"  We know this about the game.  Mentioning which events can be won by non-gold users, and which can't, can be very helpful so other players may decide if an event is worth their time.
    Thank you artful you are 100% right NO PLACE did I complain about gold player or the use of gold. Ellenville you should get your facts straight before you make accusations.
    Post edited by stef7 (US1) on
    edited 09.04.2017
    Artful and stef7, my apologies. I did not intend the last sentence of my comment toward stef7.  It is just a general statement.  I should have put more space or a line between them.  Though stef7's comment is open to interpretation, I would not single anyone out.  
    You did single me out when you addressed me personally telling me to become a gold user and I can do so for less than a cup of coffee.  Sorry but there is no way to interpret you comment as anything but singling me out! 

This discussion has been closed.