Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Regular mining license gives too little money

dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
Regular mining license takes 48 hours to make 2000 dollars.  This is a good investment for a player that just unlocked the mine, but higher level players can make a lot more money.  Making 2000 dollars in 48 hours with a regular mining license is almost nothing for middle to high level players.  Will the mine be changed so that it works with higher level players?

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Regular mining license takes 48 hours to make 2000 dollars.  This is a good investment for a player that just unlocked the mine, but higher level players can make a lot more money.  Making 2000 dollars in 48 hours with a regular mining license is almost nothing for middle to high level players.  Will the mine be changed so that it works with higher level players?
    One can upgrade the mine to work quicker ;)
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    One can upgrade the mine to work quicker ;)
    Mine upgrades cost too much gold and the reduced amount of time does not help the problem.  The problem is that the mining licenses used are too little in value.  level 50 players can make a lot more money and they would simply ignore the regular mining licenses because of the extremely low dollars per hour rate.  
    It is a uncommon drop from windmill, can hold only 2 in inventory.  Upgrading the mine costs 20 thousand gold but only increases the rate of earning money by a very small amount.  Most the handbooks for final products and the ingredients for them increase the rate of earning money by a lot more than any of the mine upgrades.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I never thought of the mine as a money-making thing.  I think of it as a place keeper for when I luck into Gold Mining Licenses.  In the meantime, it doubles a small amount of money, and I don't have to do a thing.  Like finding money on the ground, or a $20 in the pocket of an old pair of jeans.

It's also my lucky charm.  Once I start mining for dollars, I am sure to get a GML -- LOL!
    I think the dollars per hour rate of the regular license is way too low so it should either be removed or changed so that the amount it gives depends on the player level.  The mine upgrades are useless because it costs way too much gold and the effect on production does almost nothing because the regular licenses are worth too little and gold licenses are very rare.  There is no reason to reduce the production time.  
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    Will the mine be changed so that it works with higher level players?
    And with what level it is not working anymore?

So how much dollars you want to earn with the mine? If you make way more money with the mine you just come back every 2 days and get a buck load of money without doing anything. Farming is meant to be working, if you get money for doing only 1 thing every 2 days where is the point of farming/working?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    The mine is there to make gold, not money.

The money option is just there so that you can continue to work on your Achievement Points cheaply, without having to win (or buy) GMLs to complete the achievement.
    edited 06.04.2017

The money option is just there so that you can continue to work on your Achievement Points cheaply, without having to win (or buy) GMLs to complete the achievement.
    Why do the mine upgrades cost so much gold?  Why would someone want faster mining and pay lots of gold for it?  why is there a feature that is used only for an achievement and a very small profit?
    Post edited by dchen1 (US1) on
  • MeelaMeela Guest Posts: 13

why do the mine upgrades cost so much gold?  why would someone want faster mining and pay lots of gold for it?
    Hi dchen,

The upgrade is there for players who have a surplus of GMLs - it's only useful if you can't use up all the GMLs you have. In that case, it's a great investment with no downsides.

And then there are completionists who like to build :smile:

So far, both categories add up to thousands fully leveled up goldmines. It's not for everyone but it has its fans.
    Meela said:

why do the mine upgrades cost so much gold?  why would someone want faster mining and pay lots of gold for it?
    Hi dchen,

The upgrade is there for players who have a surplus of GMLs - it's only useful if you can't use up all the GMLs you have. In that case, it's a great investment with no downsides.

And then there are completionists who like to build :smile:

So far, both categories add up to thousands fully leveled up goldmines. It's not for everyone but it has its fans.
    Read the entire comment before you post your comment so you understand.
    Most players do not spend real money on games, they do not get a surplus gold mining licenses because it should be a rare prize, not an excess.  
    Only very few players are completionists and they would usually focus on the laboratory, lesters stash and matildas farm academy with dollars and use gold on high level handbooks and doghouses before the upgrades that are mostly visual.  
    The main problem is why do regular licenses make so little money and earn achievement points but nothing else?
    Will there be an update that changes the mine so that regular licenses work for players of higher level, that the mine and regular license is used by more players?
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 06.04.2017
    they did answer your question the mine was designed for the people to use the gold mining licences in the dollar part is just a added bonus and a way to get the achievement thing completed faster and a lot of players can get 1or more gold mining licence a month also they have gold packages that give you gold mining licences the packages i have seen i do believe have 25 gold mining licences in them but i could be wrong it has been a wile sense i saw one so i would guess if the people buying them have the money to spend getting that much gold they would want to spend the gold to upgrade the mine so they can get there gold faster cause with out upgrading it it would take a wile to go through 25 gold mining licences so what people are trying to tell you is that the mine was not designed to give out a lot of money but give out a little so you have the option of it not sitting empty wile waiting on a gold mining licence
    dchen maybe you should take your own advice and read the commits so you understand the mine was designed for the people to use the gold mining licences in the dollar part is just a added bonus and a way to get the achievement thing completed faster and a lot of players can get 1or more gold mining licence a month also they have gold packages that give you gold mining licences the packages i have seen i do believe have 25 gold mining licences in them but i could be wrong it has been a wile sense i saw one so i would guess if the people buying them have the money to spend getting that much gold they would want to spend the gold to upgrade the mine so they can get there gold faster cause with out upgrading it it would take a wile to go through 25 gold mining licences so what people are trying to tell you is that the mine was not designed to give out a lot of money but give out a little so you have the option of it not sitting empty wile waiting on a gold mining licence
    Most players do not spend money in farm games.  The company can earn money in other ways instead of relying too much on gold buyers.  They can offer ad videos for prizes because more people would want to earn gold by watching ads than to buy them through a transaction.  They should get rid of some of the purchase only content so more people can play and more people is more effective than putting lots of purchase only content.  
    If the purpose of the mine upgrades is for gold buyers on prime day, why did they put so much more content on spending real money than other farming games?  
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    sorry i do not think i fully understand your last questions but GGS makes there money off of gold buyers almost ever game i have played online makes money off of in game sales they usually have a for free part then ether you pay so much a month for certain benefits or like here you buy a different currency and of course the stuff you spend real money on in a game is going to be better then the free stuff you can get at least this game gives you a chance at winning gold there is a game i play were they have a free section and a pay for section and there is no way to get the stuff from the pay for section with out spending real money and in every game there will always be the ones willing to spend the money and that is what keeps the company in business  
  • MeelaMeela Guest Posts: 13
    Read the entire comment before you post your comment so you understand.
    Most players do not spend real money on games, they do not get a surplus gold mining licenses because it should be a rare prize, not an excess.  
    Only very few players are completionists and they would usually focus on the laboratory, lesters stash and matildas farm academy with dollars and use gold on high level handbooks and doghouses before the upgrades that are mostly visual.  
    The main problem is why do regular licenses make so little money and earn achievement points but nothing else?
    Will there be an update that changes the mine so that regular licenses work for players of higher level, that the mine and regular license is used by more players?
    I have read the entire conversation, Southern's response on why the cash licences work the way they do was spot on so I just replied to what was yet unanswered.

That most people don't have the need to upgrade the mine is fine, no feature is there for everyone. Upgrading the mine definitely isn't, it's for people who buy gold, and even among those only on those who use our GML offers.

Video ads as a revenue stream only work in select few games, Big Farm isn't one of them, we have tried already.

We have no plans on adjusting the way the mine or the individual licences work.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    dchen maybe you should take your own advice and read the commits so you understand the mine was designed for the people to use the gold mining licences in the dollar part is just a added bonus and a way to get the achievement thing completed faster and a lot of players can get 1or more gold mining licence a month also they have gold packages that give you gold mining licences the packages i have seen i do believe have 25 gold mining licences in them but i could be wrong it has been a wile sense i saw one so i would guess if the people buying them have the money to spend getting that much gold they would want to spend the gold to upgrade the mine so they can get there gold faster cause with out upgrading it it would take a wile to go through 25 gold mining licences so what people are trying to tell you is that the mine was not designed to give out a lot of money but give out a little so you have the option of it not sitting empty wile waiting on a gold mining licence
    Most players do not spend money in farm games.  The company can earn money in other ways instead of relying too much on gold buyers.  They can offer ad videos for prizes because more people would want to earn gold by watching ads than to buy them through a transaction.  They should get rid of some of the purchase only content so more people can play and more people is more effective than putting lots of purchase only content.  
    If the purpose of the mine upgrades is for gold buyers on prime day, why did they put so much more content on spending real money than other farming games?  
    Please - no more video ads - they tried it 2 years ago and it was a disaster! Néver again!  :p  
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    i never use the mine as it takes too long and is too much to upgrade it im not putting 2,000 gold in to have to wait all that time to get 4,000 i would rather not bother. I noticed all the gold upgrade costs on the game have raised to ridiculous amounts makes me wonder if money is more important than actually have players enjoy playing the game.
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    i never use the mine as it takes too long and is too much to upgrade it im not putting 2,000 gold in to have to wait all that time to get 4,000 i would rather not bother. I noticed all the gold upgrade costs on the game have raised to ridiculous amounts makes me wonder if money is more important than actually have players enjoy playing the game.
    So you have a gold mining license and do not want to earn FREE 2000 gold? I am sorry but i do not see why you would turn down free gold (and free dollars without the gold mining license) they are giving you. It takes 2 days but it is the fastest way to earn free gold without doing anything besides waiting for 2 days.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    So you have a gold mining license and do not want to earn FREE 2000 gold? I am sorry but i do not see why you would turn down free gold (and free dollars without the gold mining license) they are giving you. It takes 2 days but it is the fastest way to earn free gold without doing anything besides waiting for 2 days.
    Not quite all true there @PINJO1986 (NL1) If you are able to save up or keep 3500 Gold on hands at all times then watch for the Big Farm Deals to visit. Omar some times sells a regular single Gold Mining License for 1500 Gold buy it leaving you 2000 Gold to start it in your level 2 mine or better to make 500 Gold each time ;)
    Please - no more video ads - they tried it 2 years ago and it was a disaster! Néver again!  :p  
    Why is it a problem if you can get free gold?
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 07.04.2017
    Whatever answered, OP still has a point. I'm not using regular mining licences either. Pointless. Just because it was designed somehow doesn't mean it has to stay that way forever. "Status Quo" argument in this game is among the silliest. Does anybody want to be consistent and apply it to other parts of the game? Game has changed in last 2 years beyond recognition. It no longer is what it used to be. So why not rethink the pointless parts of it? It also kinda makes no sense to argue at one post against free dollars (farming is work) and in another post for "free dollars". Is suddenly farming not work? We're not getting anywhere with this illogical type of reasoning which changes as the wind blows. After all don't we just start flower shop and come a few hours later for a big lump of dollars? :)

PS: did read the whole thread. :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well a lot of players liked the videos  and when it worked I liked it a lot, that was the problem

It didn't work all the time for all the players  loads of bugs so it was discontinued.

Biggest problem (apart from many other problems) was that our computers got flooded with unwanted cookies .... which raised a lot of problems with our own computers. We asked to please stop it, and as they do mostly, GGS listened to their players and stopped the video thingy.
    edited 08.04.2017
    Will the mine be changed so that it works with higher level players?
    And with what level it is not working anymore?

So how much dollars you want to earn with the mine? If you make way more money with the mine you just come back every 2 days and get a buck load of money without doing anything. Farming is meant to be working, if you get money for doing only 1 thing every 2 days where is the point of farming/working?
    Let me comment on this also. I wonder where you get your ideas from? This is a game. It's supposed to be fun, maybe educational and possibly developing some skills etc. But work? If you want to work why are you wasting your time here harrassing other players? Why don't you instead find yourself something usefull to do which will truly be work? Maybe start real farming to get some idea how farming is and what "work" means. And the rest of us can enjoy the game :)

@Meela I appreciate your explanations on mining. They make sense. I just disagree with keeping status quo argument or using status quo as an exuse. :) Cheers.

Biggest problem (apart from many other problems) was that our computers got flooded with unwanted cookies .... which raised a lot of problems with our own computers. We asked to please stop it, and as they do mostly, GGS listened to their players and stopped the video thingy.
    GGS didn't stop movies cause they listened to players. Many actually liked that feature a lot especially in long massive testing period and many others who were not lucky to be included in testing were demanding to get it also cause they were missing on gold which we got. I don¨t remember having any problems with my computer due to videos appart from game messed up. GGS discontinued it cause they just couldn't make it work. It was bugged all the time ever since they released the feature for everybody and never worked properly. You don't even need to go to old threads to refresh your memory. Meela here admits that it didn't work in this game. :)
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 08.04.2017
    The fact that ads were given to some and not others really caused a big imbalance, as those who didn't get ads got no gold at all while some were getting 200-300 gold every day for about 6 months I think.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The older version of the video worked better -- you could usually choose your reward, and so it was possible to win about 500 gold a day, on average.

Then they "made it better"  -- very buggy for most, and the rewards weren't as good, so they were discontinued altogether. 

That resulted in a huge loss of revenue for GGS, so that seemed to usher in the blatant gold grab we see today.
    @Kamilcom (GB1)  that is how my memory goes too, I was not one of the first when you could choose yr prize but when it was working it was great a lil something for watching some ads while waiting for crops was great and the bugs were more related to actually getting yr prize so no computer problems here for me either. Don't remember anyone saying anything about cookies flooding their computers.
    @Kamilcom (GB1)  that is how my memory goes too, I was not one of the first when you could choose yr prize but when it was working it was great a lil something for watching some ads while waiting for crops was great and the bugs were more related to actually getting yr prize so no computer problems here for me either. Don't remember anyone saying anything about cookies flooding their computers.
    Are the developers finding a way to do video ads without technical problems?
    I don't think so they seemed to have canned the whole thing it was gone without further mention.
    Of course it was stopped - and rightfully so - I know plenty of players who were so relieved it was gone for good  :p And we do hope it stays away for ever! 
    edited 09.04.2017
    Of course it was stopped - and rightfully so - I know plenty of players who were so relieved it was gone for good  :p And we do hope it stays away for ever! 
    There was another option, namely to make it work. Several games I've played have used cinema feature with a great success to bring their players exclusive currency and make some hard cash for themselves. Not sure why it failed here. It usually takes some coding skills, patience and negotiation with 3rd party to finetune it and take it through bumpy beginnings. You might be able to tell us which skill was missing in this case since you usually "know" about every motivation of GGS management for their decisions. :) Whatever it was, myself, like many others, appreciated the inflow of gold during those many months, especially before they cut down the amounts and made it ess interesting. :)
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
    When I mine gold, I keep the gold in the mine so more expensive gold buttons will not allow me to accidentally spend gold.  The 4000 gold in the mine can be used as a backup in case I use up all the remaining gold accidentally.  4000 is enough to buy a 25% off gold mining license from the 10 minute deals and start mine production which costs a total of 3500 to make more gold.  
    To use any gold mining license, have at least 2000 gold.  
    To get the advantage of the gold mining license from the deals, must have at least 3500 gold.  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file