Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Editing Options in Messages

This discussion was created from comments split from: Developer Pichu arrived!.

Comments

• VINASH (IN1)VINASH (IN1) IN1 Posts: 22
    edited 06.03.2017
    WELCOME Pichu

If you manage to add a bit editing options in MESSAGES it will be great

• PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    edited 26.03.2017
    @VINASH (IN1)

What do you mean exactly with "editing options"?  :o

Cheers,
    Pichu
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    i am finding problems while sending message , my farm got stuck for few sec and then msg will be send , wanted to know the reason for this and laptop heating a lot , please fix these 2 problems
  • Andrew56 (AU1)Andrew56 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 879
    edited 31.03.2017
    Hi @Pichu , ;)

Thanks for being here to answer our questions.  <3  Greetings from the AU1 server. ;)
    Pichu said:
    @VINASH (IN1)

Cheers,
    Pichu

I'm not exactly sure what @VINASH (IN1)  was meaning, but I would also like to see a few changes in regards to the in-game letters.

1. Most importantly, PLEASE can you increase the amount of characters allowed in a letter. EVERYONE (have a look at this tread, it has been asked for since 2015; https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/33896/suggestion-longer-messages-please/p1 ) agrees we need to be able to write longer letter. AS a Co-op leader this is a nightmare. THIS is the WORST thing in the game. (I believe)

2. Also a URL box (something like what we have here) would be GREATLY appreciated.  I would use it ALL the time.  At the moment I have to say; "Please copy, then paste into you browser's search box". Which also is a pain in the neck especially because of the character limit, once you have the link & the "Please copy, then paste into you browser's search box" There's not much space for ANYTHING else.

The above two points MUST be implemented. PLEASE!!!

3.  Another improvement; At the moment we can only hold 75 received letters and 25 sent letters, could you please look at increasing this to maybe 100 received letters & 50 sent letters. ;)

If desired, also the options of; different writing colours, Bold & Italic writing style options, a 'save draft' button that then saves it, so I can come back later to finish my letter, and possibly a dotted list (called 'Unordered list' here).    All the these would be extremely wonderful as well, though not 'needed' & some I would think, are happier without them added.

Thankyou for your time, :):D

Post edited by Andrew56 (AU1) on
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 31.03.2017
    Hi @Pichu , ;)

Thanks for being here to answer our questions.  <3  Greetings from the AU1 server. ;)
    Pichu said:
    @VINASH (IN1)

Cheers,
    Pichu

I'm not exactly sure what @VINASH (IN1)  was meaning, but I would also like to see a few changes in regards to the in-game letters.

1. Most importantly, PLEASE can you increase the amount of characters allowed in a letter. EVERYONE (have a look at this tread, it has been asked for since 2015; https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/33896/suggestion-longer-messages-please/p1 ) agrees we need to be able to write longer letter. AS a Co-op leader this is a nightmare. THIS is the WORST thing in the game. (I believe)

2. Also a URL box (something like what we have here) would be GREATLY appreciated.  I would use it ALL the time.  At the moment I have to say; "Please copy, then paste into you browser's search box". Which also is a pain in the neck especially because of the character limit, once you have the link & the "Please copy, then paste into you browser's search box" There's not much space for ANYTHING else.

3.  Another improvement; At the moment we can only hold 75 received letters and 25 sent letters, could you please look at increasing this to maybe 100 received letters & 50 sent letters. ;)

If desired, also the options of; different writing colours, Bold & Italic writing style options, a 'save draft' button that then saves it, so I can come back later to finish my letter, and possibly a dotted list (called 'Unordered list' here).    All the these would be extremely wonderful as well, though not 'needed' & some I would think, are happier without them added.

1. Make a group page on this forum and tell your coop members to go there, you got all the space you need to plant a book long post.

2. Make a tiny url by using this website: https://tinyurl.com/
    You can post at least 4 of these shortened links without worrying about the character limit.

3. Why do you need to save that many letters? I prefer a game that is not lagging and increasing the storage capacity of letters is making it more laggy i guess.

And for editing your posts, why in the world would you like to have that. Just read your post before pressing enter and placing it. Let the developers do other more important things instead of wasting there time with useless things.

• VINASH (IN1)VINASH (IN1) IN1 Posts: 22
    edited 02.04.2017
    Hi @Pichu , ;)

Pichu said:
    @VINASH (IN1)

Cheers,
    Pichu

1. Make a group page on this forum and tell your coop members to go there, you got all the space you need to plant a book long post.

2. Make a tiny url by using this website: https://tinyurl.com/
    You can post at least 4 of these shortened links without worrying about the character limit.

3. Why do you need to save that many letters? I prefer a game that is not lagging and increasing the storage capacity of letters is making it more laggy i guess.

And for editing your posts, why in the world would you like to have that. Just read your post before pressing enter and placing it. Let the developers do other more important things instead of wasting there time with useless things.

Editing options means just forwarding a message just like other features

A lot of players don't use Forum.
    To be frank this forum appears like a mess to me, they have designed the Game in such an aspicious way and on the other hand Forum  lags a lot behind in many areas.

It is not about creating simply a group page, most of my friends hardly vist this forum.
    Only 2 out of 40 vist this and the two of us inform friends of different coops about announcements like Farm boosters and all other updates.

So that's the reason I felt editing option like forward will help alot.
    I am not critising them, I had respect towards their hard work in bringing this forum,but can't deny the fact that this not an user friendly Forum.
    Post edited by VINASH (IN1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file