Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

pranking

Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
I think it is utterly disgusting and very childish why a co op leader would want to prank another co op in the cc just because they cannot win a mission in all the 4 years i have played i have never seen a co op prank another co op in a cc this is just not done as i was to believe all co op leaders believe in fair play during the cc. ggs i think the pranks should be removed and just the treats kept on cc. 

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Can not have the good with out the bad always need a balance ;)
  • the good charms and pranks are all done in good fun.
    loosing one mission is not going to harm anyone.  I think the pranks should stay
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 29.03.2017
    it was not a problem in the end because it came to bite in the [Removed] Karma is such a wonderful thing :)
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    the good charms and pranks are all done in good fun.
    loosing one mission is not going to harm anyone.  I think the pranks should stay
    Here is the thing though:
    If I were playing all day and doing missions for a coop challenge, I guess I wouldn't mind the pranks that much. But, I do not play missions for a coop challenge, I am not in a coop. I mainly do missions to do the daily side task, usually just before I sign off for the night. Being pranked when I don't have time to recover from the prank just makes me mad. same thing with the leprechaun pranks, If I have limited time to play, I shouldn't be penalized because of a prank. That is not all in good fun.
    Everyone is entitled to play the game how they choose, and for me pranks just ruin it.
    the good charms and pranks are all done in good fun.
    Here is the thing though:
    If I were playing all day and doing missions for a coop challenge, I guess I wouldn't mind the pranks that much. But, I do not play missions for a coop challenge, I am not in a coop. I mainly do missions to do the daily side task, usually just before I sign off for the night. Being pranked when I don't have time to recover from the prank just makes me mad. same thing with the leprechaun pranks, If I have limited time to play, I shouldn't be penalized because of a prank. That is not all in good fun.
    Everyone is entitled to play the game how they choose, and for me pranks just ruin it.
    i totally agree
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    For me personally I don't mind the pranks IF its used in good fun. There have been times that certain coops gang up on individual players during competitions and thats where it becomes a problem. While i'm not bothered by them even if used in this way there are sensitive players out there that play this game to relax and would be affected by this behaviour. The last thing they need is to be attacked/bullied in a game thats supposed to be fun and relaxing. 
    yes i feel it spoils the game especially when its a co op trying to destroy another co ops play during the cc as you cont have time to fix the problem fast enough i dont understand why ggs allows bullying in the game because it does go on maybe money is more important than players.
    naughty or nice as never been about fun its about i like you - i dont like you its only ever used by people bullies who cant win or get there way keep the nice and get rid of the naughty worst thing ggs have ever made in this game.
  • That happened to someone in our coop. They got pranked during CC because the other person could not beat them and to me that's immature and childish. I have been told that if things like that occur then its considered harassment if it continues. I wrote the leader of that coop about their deputies little prank for the member of our coop and a while later got a reply that they have had to tell the person more than once not to do that to people so on that alone my guess was this was an ongoing problem. By a deputy no less. Had it been a member of my coop ( and I was the leader) and it was an ongoing issue where they don't use pranks in good fun but rather to make themselves a bully, they would have been outed the first time but that's just me. It is really no different than a 5 year old having a tantrum in the middle of the store because they didn't get their way and it by no means should be tolerated by any coop leader nor GGS. 
    edited 31.03.2017
    That happened to someone in our coop. They got pranked during CC because the other person could not beat them and to me that's immature and childish. I have been told that if things like that occur then its considered harassment if it continues. I wrote the leader of that coop about their deputies little prank for the member of our coop and a while later got a reply that they have had to tell the person more than once not to do that to people so on that alone my guess was this was an ongoing problem. By a deputy no less. Had it been a member of my coop ( and I was the leader) and it was an ongoing issue where they don't use pranks in good fun but rather to make themselves a bully, they would have been outed the first time but that's just me. It is really no different than a 5 year old having a tantrum in the middle of the store because they didn't get their way and it by no means should be tolerated by any coop leader nor GGS. 
    I totally agree why should players spend gold on cc to be pranked by other player ggs need to look into removing this totally it would be no good allowing them to buy the pranks on other days because they could still use them on cc so totally remove this stupid naughty prank.
  • elise (GB1)elise (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6
    Pranks should be left for Halloween - as a lone player I find it very annoying and unnecessary
  •  maybe money is more important than players.
    There's no maybe about it.  It's a foregone conclusion, the question is how much do they value gold sales over their players.

As for the pranks, they're pointless, childish and vindictive.  Players should be able to opt-out of the pranks if they choose.   I've got one idiot (Tanuki) pranking one of my buildings now (Flower Farm Shop).  Not sure what he expects to get from it, none of my buildings are producing anything.  The only reason those production buildings are still up is because GGS won't let me demolish them.   The shop and two buildings on the Viking farm are the only production buildings left. 

Tanuki, it you're reading this, go harass someone else. You're not hindering production because there is no production.  My farms are quite literally dead, all that empty, desolate farmland should have been a clue.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
     maybe money is more important than players.
    There's no maybe about it.  It's a foregone conclusion, the question is how much do they value gold sales over their players.

As for the pranks, they're pointless, childish and vindictive.  Players should be able to opt-out of the pranks if they choose.   I've got one idiot (Tanuki) pranking one of my buildings now (Flower Farm Shop).  Not sure what he expects to get from it, none of my buildings are producing anything.  The only reason those production buildings are still up is because GGS won't let me demolish them.   The shop and two buildings on the Viking farm are the only production buildings left. 

Tanuki, it you're reading this, go harass someone else. You're not hindering production because there is no production.  My farms are quite literally dead, all that empty, desolate farmland should have been a clue.
    Tanuki is part of the golden week event,  you have to find him on the farm he is pranking and you can get a reward.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    LOL @Shay1968 (US1)  he doesn't care... he is demolishing his farms and calling it quits...
    LOL  I am really off today ... I forgot he was tearing down his farms.  Tanuki is not going to have anything to prank soon.
  • LOL  I am really off today ... I forgot he was tearing down his farms.  Tanuki is not going to have anything to prank soon.

Tanuki always finds a way!

• Tanuki is part of the golden week event,  you have to find him on the farm he is pranking and you can get a reward.
    Well that's not going to happen. :)

He's pranking the only building left on that farm, the rest are just houses. Apparently the Flower Farm Shop, Mine, fences & gates and a few other buildings are impervious to bulldozers.
    Eric, I am so sorry GGS has turned you against the desire to play this game anymore.  I am holding on just waiting to see the outcome. 
  • GrammyK (US1)GrammyK (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    I was once told pranks were a good way to meet people.  If you write to whoever sent the prank you may
    actually find someone you will keep in contact with. You do get Karma so you can purchase gifts with them
    too.  It doesn't take that long to hit repair, but I do think it is wrong when used to win a mission especially
    during the coop challenges. Whenever a sensitive member or one who wouldn't dream of pranking anyone
    gets pranked, there are members of our co-op that have no problem retaliating on the prankster.
  • I started playing this game for relaxation not competition, therefore, I am a lone player.  The Tanuki pranks are very annoying and certainly not relaxing.  We should have the option of not participating in the co-ops and pranks.

• Trisha7 (US1)Trisha7 (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    If our coop members have pranks to spare we use them on each other - on fields or stables that we aren't in a hurry with. This way we give each other karma points to use again with dusting in the CC's or where ever needed or asked for., it is truly POSITIVE, no harm is done and we benefit from it.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

I started playing this game for relaxation not competition, therefore, I am a lone player.  The Tanuki pranks are very annoying and certainly not relaxing.  We should have the option of not participating in the co-ops and pranks.

I hear you about the no competition.  You may be interested our non-coop coop. WE HATE COMPETITION. All the benefits of a coop without really being in one.  No demands at all.  You won't even know you're in one, except for the rewards that show up now and then. 

We don't even chat.  If you're interested, the door is open.  Description follows:

Hearts of Gold -- the Coop for people who just want to be left alone to farm in peace.  We don't even chat much.  We just want you to focus on building your farms -- your way. 

--No Donations of Money or Gold required.  (Gotta love that, right?)

--Competition?  What's that?  We hate it.  We do not step foot in the Village.  We do not start any Village challenges. (Start one and suffer the consequences ... just sayin'. If we are challenged, we just farm normally, and if we manage to pick up a freebie or two, yay us!)

--Participation in the Coop Challenges, while appreciated, is strictly voluntary.  Doing one mission per CC would be nice, but we won't kick you out if you don't want to.  (After years of being in the Rookie League, we managed to drag ourselves into the Bronze League just recently -- without even trying!

If you are a high level player burned out on the game and just want a place to retreat for a bit, join us.  We will leave you alone, we promise.

If you are new to the game, and need a place to land until you figure out how everything works, join us.  Ask questions.  We're here to help.

If you just want the few perks a coop will give you without all the hassle, join us.

If you only want to win some goodies from the CCs, then move on, join us.

If you want to get rid of that annoying sidebar task telling you to join a coop, join us.

And if you find we're not your cup of tea, feel free to leave -- no worries.  We'll even pack you a lunch and take you to the bus station.  (You'll be welcome back, any old time you choose.)

You have lives away from the computer.  We respect that.  The only requirement is to log in and work your farm every few weeks or so.  

Games should be fun and hassle free.  We're just about as laid back as you can get without being on life support.  

Be free to farm your way while enjoying the perks that belonging to a coop can offer.

You willl be left alone -- we promise.

We have an open door policy, so just show up if you want in.

We'll leave the light on for you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file