Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 8th - St. Patrick's Day, "Community" Horse Tournament and More! - Discussion

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I think this event has messed up the times we are supposed to get daily log in rewards. I have logged in every day this week and i havent seen a single reward since the event began. Is this a bug?
    US Daylight Saving Time change kicked in.  Daily rewards now an hour later, until Germany's kicks in Sunday after next, I think.
  • Still havent been getting them tho
    Still havent been getting them tho
    Oh, that stinks.  I'll need to pay special attention tonight.
  • LanaViolet (US1)LanaViolet (US1) Posts: 166
    edited 17.03.2017
    Maybe. :(

On the last prize for the event tho,1k clovers.

Edit:  posts merged
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Lana that is in your division or others the last prize will be different  and I am getting my daily log in prize everyday so not sure what is going on there.
  • Just got the 5th day so maybe im mistaken
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I am reading some of the posts, but I would like to say that I like the St. Patrick's Day pranks.  Really, they don't hurt anything because I find the leprechaun man.  I really like the gift given because usually there double a crop or a significant increase in production.  I don't ever prank someone else, though.  Being able to 'stop' the prank makes it nice.  Perhaps the "Grinch" could do something similar?
    They hurt a lot if you are doing time sensitive events or missions and can not find the leprechaun. It has cost me a 2 missions and some gold to make up for lost time on weekly event. All because there is no way to opt out of the pranks. Took me an hour one day to find him as he is green and tiny and blends right in the backdrop.

So maybe it is not hurting you and that is wonderful but it is hurting other.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

EDIT: I would opt out of Lepre, not the whole event. The event is still nicely playable, although nothing ground breaking.
    I am with you I would opt of as well. Only I would opt out of the whole event as the deco and I tend to collect decos is nothing grate and seeing the happiness all depends on rank I am really not interest.
  • Anybody get to # 49, the 8,000 hats and then have it disappear on the decoration prize?   I got to #49, it showed I won the prize, I checked on the decoration and it reflected so on the decoration, but then it disappeared and shows as if I did not win the 8,000 hats now.    
  • It took a lot of time running wildflowers, corn, alfalfa, and more special event seeds than I would have liked but I am almost to a deco valued at 50 points.  I don't think my fields have ever seen this much action.
    I already finished getting all the prizes a couple of days ago so I am just going for higher value on deco now.
    Considering this is a deco which should be a keeper due to it being tied in with coop village happiness I think the end value is to low.

The morning prank is the worst because there is so much to be done who wants to spend time hunting down the elusive fellow.  And don't get me started on the sparkle treat.  Anyone notice he has a tendency to put them on the most inane items? I have nine fields, the lowest one is a level 2 and guess which once got sparkled?
    Anyway,  I just try to check at 5 hours to see what has been pranked so I can take care of it before it becomes a problem.

Overall,  I don't dislike the event for what it is as much as I dislike feeling I needed to work really hard in order to get a deco I would want to use and to have has many village points added to it as possible.
     I am beginning to feel that being part of a co-op is more work than I want to be involved in.   2 Champs a month and events like these demand to much of my time.  
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not see it: at what happiness value does the stage 4 change to stage 5? Thank you.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    52 happiness starts stage 5. Here is a Happiness chart @mia111 (GB1)

http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/annual/st_patrick_happiness.htm
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    52 happiness starts stage 5. Here is a Happiness chart @mia111 (GB1)

http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/annual/st_patrick_happiness.htm
    Thank you very much :) Your site is very helpful!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 16.03.2017
    Decided to figure out which seed was the best for Hats/Clovers, came up with the following averages per hour (based on CBF's spreadsheet on how often each amount drops per seed, 50%/50%, 80%/20%, etc).  For instance, Corn has an average drop of 3 hats/clovers per harvest (2 or 4, both with a 50% drop chance), 12 harvests in 1 hour, (3x12=36 per hour, per field).

This will be an hourly average, and assumes you are there to start the next production immediately - that is, 30 harvests of Wildflowers PER HOUR (every 2 minutes). 

Amounts are PER FIELD and sorted by highest/lowest:

Main Farm:
    Wildflowers: 60 per hour (2 minute harvest)
    Alfalfa: 48 per hour (3 minute harvest)
    Corn: 36 per hour (5 minute harvest)
    Rutabaga: 26.6 per hour (9 minute harvest)
    Cabbage: 12 per hour (45 minute harvest)
    Wheat: 7 per hour (6 hour harvest)

Special Alfalfa: 21.4 per hour (14 minute harvest)
    Special Wheat: 18.4 per hour (30 minute harvest)
    Special Rutabaga: 13.6 per hour (45 minute harvest)
    Special Corn: 12.4 per hour (1 hour harvest)
    Special Wildflower: 12 per hour (30 minute harvest)
    Special Cabbage: 8.5 per hour (4 hour harvest)

Rose: 65.2 per hour (30 minute harvest)
    Rapaseed: 57.9 per hour (35 minute harvest)
    Violet: 48.8 per hour (45 minute harvest)
    Yellow Hibiscus: 48.8 per hour (45 minute harvest)
    Rice: 45.8 per hour (55 minute harvest)
    Magic Bean: 37.8 per hour (1 hour, 20 minute harvest)
    GoldFlower: 30 per hour (2 hours, 20 minute harvest)
    Sunflower: 13.5 per hour (8 hour, 30 minute harvest)

Gourmet Farm:
    Dandelions: 45 per hour (28 minute harvest)
    Barley: 19.6 per hour (3 hour harvest)
    Lamb's Lettuce: 9.5 per hour (7 hour harvest)

Spec. Lamb's Lettuce: 17.6 per hour (45 minute harvest)
    Spec. Dandelions: 10 per hour (7 hour harvest)
    Spec. Barley: 9.3 per hour (8 hour harvest)

Flower Farm:
    Jasmine: 28.3 per hour (2 hour harvest)
    Lavender: 15.1 per hour (5 hour harvest)
    Vanilla: 14.3 per hour (6 hour harvest)
    Aloe Vera: 14.3 per hour (6 hour harvest)

Just in case you wanted to know which seed(s) to use your available time most effectively. :)

(Plus I love number crunching) :)
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Decided to figure out which seed was the best for Hats/Clovers, came up with the following averages per hour (based on CBF's spreadsheet on how often each amount drops per seed, 50%/50%, 80%/20%, etc).  For instance, Corn has an average drop of 3 hats/clovers per harvest (2 or 4, both with a 50% drop chance), 12 harvests in 1 hour, (3x12=36 per hour, per field).

This will be an hourly average, and assumes you are there to start the next production immediately - that is, 30 harvests of Wildflowers PER HOUR (every 2 minutes). 

OMG, am I glad you love number crunching, Southern! THANKS for the info, much appreciated!! :+1:
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    I love the event, the rewards, the deco! I just feel more people would push harder if more people could win the appearance. Just 10 feels a bit weak, and is discouraging to many players. Great job on all other aspects of the event, the leprechaun pranks are fun (oh, on that note, my last "treat" landed on my nursery, giving me no extra production at all... complete dud. Please try to remove that production building from possible treat recipients)
    edited 16.03.2017
    I love the event, the rewards, the deco! I just feel more people would push harder if more people could win the appearance. Just 10 feels a bit weak, and is discouraging to many players. Great job on all other aspects of the event, the leprechaun pranks are fun (oh, on that note, my last "treat" landed on my nursery, giving me no extra production at all... complete dud. Please try to remove that production building from possible treat recipients)
    I agree.  Skins should be available to more than the top ten.  For a nanosecond, I came within shouting distance, but no matter how much effort I put into it, I realized I wasn't going to make it, so now I'm back to running my farm as usual.

Still, the event is a nice change of pace -- if they would eliminate back-to-back pranks and adjust the win levels for the skins, it would be stellar.
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    I have got to be the worst chest picker, lol.  Almost every time I get prank, after prank, after prank, (normally 3, sometimes 4), then finally get a treat.  I have to admit I was super excited when the treat landed on the Flower Shop with a full batch of honey cream ready to harvest...quick double of that production was a very nice treat.  :)
    I have got to be the worst chest picker, lol.  Almost every time I get prank, after prank, after prank, (normally 3, sometimes 4), then finally get a treat.  I have to admit I was super excited when the treat landed on the Flower Shop with a full batch of honey cream ready to harvest...quick double of that production was a very nice treat.  :)
    I had 6 pranks back to back at one point.  That honey cream production, though, gotta say, you did good!
    @artful (US1)  Yes indeed, put an end to my whining about prank after prank.  Bring on the pranks if the end result is so rewarding!   ;)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

OMG, am I glad you love number crunching, Southern! THANKS for the info, much appreciated!! :+1:
    Most welcome, just hope it's useful to someone other than myself. :)
    @Southern (US1)  LOL, I was working on one myself, so let me say from one number cruncher to another, thank you very much!  :)
  • @Damaria3 (US1) @RaquelCesar (GB1) This is something that wasn't working as designed so they needed to adjust the tools drops. We will continue to forward all feedback regarding this & keep the topic going so that changes can be made if need be. yes like
    Looks like I will be spending the next 2 days working on the VH only!

The amount of gold clovers needed to jump from 53 to 54 happiness is overwhelming! 
    53 is between 49,028 and 79,999 clovers  
    54 is between 80,000 and 119,999 clovers  
    30,972 clovers needed just to get 1 more happiness point!

It took me 7 days just to reach 58,179 clovers and I still need 21,821. So in the back of my mind it tells me that I will not make it to 54 happiness on my deco, but I will continue because the village happiness will help everyone in Co-op. 

Am I the only one that finds this very discouraging?
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I agree.  I am about the same place you are and I play a lot of hours.  Very tough for those who can't play all day.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I still find it staggering that players are being negative about the leprachaun hunting/pranks. Sure its an inconvenience at times, sure he is well hidden at times and it becomes even more annoying when the pot chosen is another prank BUT there's gold in some of these pots. I will end up with a few thousand gold by the end of this event so while some elements are quite dull and repetitive (the happiness/hard work rewards build up) others are very rewarding.

The flash sales are a highlight, it should appear more often away from the events.
  • maggie02 (INT1)maggie02 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 524
    The flash sales are awesome. Especially the 1 dollar deals giving special feeds, humus, seeds and fertilizer.
  • A New update is coming on Flower Farm?  I just noticed.
    Might be new  ship market? 

• Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    I log in today, at least 12 hours since my last prank, and before harvesting I check for prank as always. Arrow still greyed out :/ So I start harvesting and keep checking for prank, never got one. After 12 hours, shouldn't I have one? I thought they were every 5 hours or so?
    My pranks have been right on time, every 5 hours @Sukiyaki (US1) . The only thing I can think of is maybe you have a leprechaun on one of your farms.
Sign In to comment.