Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 8th - St. Patrick's Day, "Community" Horse Tournament and More! - Discussion

Comments

• Alright,thanks for that. i still think im being ripped off from not being pranked enough.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Supposed to start an hour ago......Uh oh.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Alright,thanks for that. i still think im being ripped off from not being pranked enough.
    It's running about 8-9 hours between pranks for me.  Sometimes longer.
    spoke too soon - It's there now.
    Daylight Saving Time change in the US.  Won't happen in Germany until 2 weeks from now.
    Varies for me.  Pranked 3 times today, but only twice on the first and second days.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    PCA (GB1) said:
    gavinfarms (US1) said:
    I keep getting "Leprechaun Treat".  That must be the most common reward.  I would love to see some others.

and

I did an order 300 fertilizer and got ZERO tools.  The tool drop disaster has taken tools almost completely away from many people.

Thanks gavinfarms, I've been following your posts on both threads and so also started keeping an eye on my tool box drop rate  .... and it stinks.  I've probably been playing for about 8 hours today and made a point of collecting rutabaga and alfalfa and kept the mill going full time.  i collected 5 (five)  tool boxes  !!  ?? thats including the silo and the composter.  No offence to the wonderful dev's that have joined our forum, but i think they need to go and re-do their maths.

As for Lester, the last time I saw him I had to gold my mine t get gold, i couldn't buy any because I couldn't afford it, I also had some rare gold seeds which I planted for him. So I didn't buy gold for him, which means I probably  "don't meet the requirements"   .. i haven't seen in him for a very long time.

I haven's seen a single tool box dropping from the windmill anymore since the last update, not even one, even tho my mill is processing feed day and night.  Could it be that the mill is not supposed to drop tool boxes anymore ?

A very thorough job by GGS, making sure that if we need tool boxes we buy them. I am not sure how low level players are supposed to build their farm machines

The windmill has never dropped toolboxes. Just the (Main Farm) Silo, (Main Farm) Composter, Chicken Coop, CowShed & Pigsty.

The silo & composter on the Gourmet Farm doesn't even drop them.

Thanks for clariftying that  @Southern (US1), I didnt remember correctly then

But even so, the re-work of toolbox drop rates sadly stinks

• seems  we work hard enough to play this game then get penalized   seems like a  good reason to find another game l&&^^&^%&&& lepper cons  (yes i meant to misspell it).....not a happy farmer
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 13.03.2017

I haven't read through all the posts so I don't know if this has been brought up but...

...the most annoying thing about it immediately switching to another island is that we didn't get the usual 3 days to spend the rest of our island rune stones or whatever on seeds. Hope fully we'll get the full 6 days or so between islands now.

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

This is not the place to ask this I am sure but all the skin appearances for stuff such as the one you win for this event if you are in the top 10, do they do anything for you?

What is the point to them? Is there a happiness boost if you use them?

Other than changing the looks of your buildings (after 4 years of the same looks, players got a bit bored, so GGS gave us some variation), they have no further function.
    Thank you. I did not think so but wanted to make sure.

I have been playing for 4 year and I can understand wanting a change but I want my farm to look like one so I do not use the skins. Was going to rethink it if there was a benefit to it.
  • I dont know whats going on right now,but every time I try logging in,it keeps saying"Connection to server was interrupted,Please reconnect. Been doing this for almost an hour now. I checked to see if the servers are down,but says they are running. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • I have that happening too, usually just click it and it logs in. Been going on for a while that way. Even with new computer first use.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The final prize is just 7 greenhouse humus?  Not to complain too much, but greenhouse seaweed humus are worth significantly less than regular humus and you need more of them to do anything.....perhaps this is mistake?  It seems so underwhelming for a final prize.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Overall I like the event.  It is truly a good effort by GGS.  I have two chief complaints.  One is the that Leprechaun prizes seem to always be Leprechaun Treat for me.  I realize I may be receiving a streak, but those seems to come to often for others as well.

My second complaint is the biggest.  There simply are not enough ranking rewards.  The top 10 will get something extra.  But the top 10 are going to be determined by the CC later in the week, so this is not a rationally achievable goal.  The other group is the top 250, who get a flag.  Flags are a very minor reward to most farmers.  There needs to be a top 50 prize, a top 100 prize, a top 200, a top 500.  There needs to be an incentive for the person currently ranked 139th to do better, and there is not.
  • I like the event, did get the 1000 + gold once;  3 x got the gold clovers prize, got several treats which sparkled buildings, crops fields significantly.    Did pick the " got another prank " one several times, but then got another prize.    Twice it was a little tricky to find the little green guy; otherwise he was pretty much right out in the open.    But I'm not currently doing the Asian event either, cuz I only have two pig stables, so never do the Asian event;  so I can understand those who are doing the current Asian event not  being too pleased, cuz usually when doing one of the events it's kind of a time is of the essence kind of thing; especially on the hardest level.
  • BFDSS (US1)BFDSS (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    What am I supposed to be getting from the Leprechaun when I choose a pot and it says "Leprechaun Treat"? I can't tell that I am actually getting anything.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 13.03.2017
    What am I supposed to be getting from the Leprechaun when I choose a pot and it says "Leprechaun Treat"? I can't tell that I am actually getting anything.
    @BFDSS (US1) The Leprechaun Treat sparkles a building on one of your farms and gives you a 100% increase in production for that building. If you hover your cursor over the sparkled building, it says, "gift from the Leprechaun". :)
  • BFDSS (US1)BFDSS (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    @BFDSS (US1) The Leprechaun Treat sparkles a building on one of your farms and gives you a 100% increase in production for that building. If you hover your cursor over the sparkled building, it says, "gift from the Lepechaun". :)
    Found it! That's the third one I've received and never saw the sparkles on the first two.

Thanks!
    @BFDSS (US1) The Leprechaun Treat sparkles a building on one of your farms and gives you a 100% increase in production for that building. If you hover your cursor over the sparkled building, it says, "gift from the Lepechaun". :)
    Found it! That's the third one I've received and never saw the sparkles on the first two.

Thanks!
    Sometimes it's a different farm that gets sparkled.  I didn't know that at first and could never find the treats.

Overall, the event is okay -- at least it's different.  I had a terrible streak of back-to-back pranks.  Five in a row at one point.

Wish list:

1-The last prize could be more than seaweed greenhouse humus -- the greenhouse takes no time at all to harvest, so the item seems pointless.  100 toolboxes maybe?  :)

2-No back-to-back pranks, pretty please

3-I don't know if the event is ranked, but players should be competing in groups.  Gives more people a chance to win the house skin without have to compete against mega farms.

4-Choice of deco -- one without  VHP, if desired.  (Can't store it for use on our farms without a rebuild, otherwise.)

5-Flags plus a deco for the top 250 winners.  Flags aren't too exciting on their own, and don't enhance farming.

Event is good.  Could be awesome with a little tweaking. :)
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    I'm only playing for the rewards, there is no way I'll get into the top 50 on the INT server.
    Same names in the top as in the Hard worker event (George)    

• I am reading some of the posts, but I would like to say that I like the St. Patrick's Day pranks.  Really, they don't hurt anything because I find the leprechaun man.  I really like the gift given because usually there double a crop or a significant increase in production.  I don't ever prank someone else, though.  Being able to 'stop' the prank makes it nice.  Perhaps the "Grinch" could do something similar?
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    yesterday evening I got pranked 7 times, I was so mad at my bad luck that on last  1 I just collected and grabbed the leperchaun and threw him down the well and went away singing "Ding dong bell, leperchaun is down the well"  Today I have won 3 pranks at the most, he didn't like his soaking     :p
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 13.03.2017
    Pranks is clearly one of the worst "minor" ideas around. It doesn't do much damage, but it does damage. I would think that for most casual players it does not enhance the gameplay at all. It's for hardcores who have time to hang around 24/7. I often don't have much time to play. Log in to harvet while I do other stuff in the office which doesn't need full attention. Very often I don't have time or don't want to browse around the farm looking for Lepre's repeted pranks. So I mostly just ignore it and harvest anyway. Clearly the benefit for player like me is zero, all it brings is irritation and economy loss. With other "search for" events I have the whole day to find time to look around if I want to. With this one the need is often immediate, or face the loss. Will be glad when it's gone.

Appart from that it's questionable if our choice from 3 pots has any influence on what we get as the nechanism is not transparent and may be just part of the play without any real effect on the result. 

EDIT: I would opt out of Lepre, not the whole event. The event is still nicely playable, although nothing ground breaking.
  • One more thing to add about the pranking:

I hope that there is clear information IN-GAME about this because otherwise the Forum and Support will be flooded with issues about farm production not working properly

•   St.Patrick himself took pity on this old fool and protected me during my battle with the wee one with the twinkle in his eye who's running amok with his pranks, hauling around his pot of gold ! A-HA ! I've caught you ! Now you hand over that gold you purveyor of blithering blarney and mischief ! Thanks be to St. Patrick himself I held that little green man by his toe 'til he paid out ! Having SO much fun with this event ! Thank you BigFarm !
  • i like the prankster leprechaun I just wish he showed up more often.

I want his pot of gold!!!
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    the dipping down the well seems to have done the trick.  Won 1.2K gold, first time since event started that I won gold .   :p
  • maggie02 (INT1)maggie02 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 524
    The best 'leprechaun treat' I got was, bonus 100% production on silo. I had produced 600 fertilizer, which was ready for collection for Mysterious Asia event. Suddenly the gift from Leprechaun not only gave me 1200 fertilizer but also resulted in double origami cranes. :):)  
    So I would say right gift, at right time and right place(I mean right building)  ;)
  • I think this event has messed up the times we are supposed to get daily log in rewards. I have logged in every day this week and i havent seen a single reward since the event began. Is this a bug?
Sign In to comment.