Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 8th - St. Patrick's Day, "Community" Horse Tournament and More! - Discussion

Comments

• No pranks since last night. What is going on here??
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 12.03.2017
    I keep getting "Leprechaun Treat".  That must be the most common reward.  I would love to see some others.

and

I did an order 300 fertilizer and got ZERO tools.  The tool drop disaster has taken tools almost completely away from many people.

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I've gotten 300 gold and 2 sparkles.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 12.03.2017
    I am not a fan of this event because you have to be on line for 8 hour a day to finish. I would rather do something like the candy hunt. Can log on play for 2 hours and be done for the day.

Also do not like any event you must with out choice play. This event should have an opt out so the pranks do not get you if you do not want play the event. We do not have to do candy hunt, weekly event, island ect so why are we forced to do this event?

Lastly you should have left the snow until after this event so the leprechaun shows up. Green on green is just unfair. I spent 1 hour looking for him and lost money due to it and I am not playing or trying not to play the darn event

All I want to do is play my farm and level up and this event is messing with that and i can not opt out, Unfair unfair.

To me the deco is not not one I want and there is no XP to be rewarded so I do not want to play it, yet I have to because the darn leprechaun will not level me alone.

AND I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS FOR AN OTHER  9 DAYS, GUESS I JUST WILL NOT LOG IN AGAIN UNTIL AFTER IT IS OVER.

Post edited by stef7 (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 12.03.2017
    Just now:  Prank > found Leprechaun > Prank > found Leprechaun > Prank > found Leprechaun > Leprechaun Treat -- except no treat, no sparkles, no nothin'.  (And, yes, I turned on animation and put it in outline view.)  Nada. Zilch. Zero.

Update:  Sparkles found on another farm.  (Feed.)  Now, if only I can get a feed mission right away!!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Leprechaun Treat once again!
  • Cant find the thread but here too won 1200 in gold in st pat event but did not get credited  not a happy prank.
    @Damaria3 (US1) Grats on winning 1200, I haven't had any that high. If it doesn`t show up after you reload your game (CTRL+F5) contact support & they can sort that out for you.

No pranks since last night. What is going on here??
    There is a 5 hour cooldown after a Leprechaun visit, then they should come back. :)

@stef7 (US1) Your feedback about no way to opt out has been passed on, Maybe they could add a start button in future, like the HWE has.
  • Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    Please help. we are a new group, the last 2 days when signing on our chat is messed up. Every player has had this problem. Off and on each one gets kicked off. We all have different computers and all different servers. We have 1 player that gets kicked off all the time, all day. Can someone tell us what needs to be done,
  • I have a question.
    When all buildeing have been sparkled,
    what is happen if Leprechaun treat is choosed?
  • What happens if I choose to let the pranked building alone until this event is over?
    Wil the prank automatically disappear?

I realy don't like others messing around with my farm.
    I also avoid all things where the twins/karma thingies are involved. 

People tell me to lighten up, but i can have my own opinion about this, just as everybody else.

I HATE this event and I want the possibility to opt out of this kind of events.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    What happens if I choose to let the pranked building alone until this event is over?
    Wil the prank automatically disappear?
    I'm sure the prank will disappear once the event ends. You could carry on with farming & just ignore the pranked building, hopefully its something you have more than one of like a chicken coop or something. :) 
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 12.03.2017
    @jess_d (US1) and @vikingur1- (NL1)

I read of several people who dislike this event, particularly because they feel that pranking is wrong and it's an interference with how they manage their own farm.

For this and other events which raise so much criticism the most simple solution is to give players a choice to either participate or close the event and move on without being part of it. But GGS is very reluctant about it
  • I very much enjoy this event, nice job there!
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    gavinfarms (US1) said:
    I keep getting "Leprechaun Treat".  That must be the most common reward.  I would love to see some others.

and

I did an order 300 fertilizer and got ZERO tools.  The tool drop disaster has taken tools almost completely away from many people.

Thanks gavinfarms, I've been following your posts on both threads and so also started keeping an eye on my tool box drop rate  .... and it stinks.  I've probably been playing for about 8 hours today and made a point of collecting rutabaga and alfalfa and kept the mill going full time.  i collected 5 (five)  tool boxes  !!  ?? thats including the silo and the composter.  No offence to the wonderful dev's that have joined our forum, but i think they need to go and re-do their maths.

As for Lester, the last time I saw him I had to gold my mine t get gold, i couldn't buy any because I couldn't afford it, I also had some rare gold seeds which I planted for him. So I didn't buy gold for him, which means I probably  "don't meet the requirements"   .. i haven't seen in him for a very long time.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Okay I am going to ask, where are the Clover's for us to find?
    So far I have only seen maybe 1 or 2 Leprechauns , is that all there is to find? , I ask this cause if it is up to the fields and such for them to show up, then I will be waiting forever for everything, I thought we were suppose to be able to find stuff for this event, not just sit and wait for fields to finally be finished, that is just to boring for Me, sorry but that is how I feel bout it, I want to be able to enjoy the event not wait for paint to dry so to speak.
    The clover's pop out of our fields when we harvest.
    I was hoping they were like the balloons and such that we have to find on our Farms, not wait forever to pop out when the fields are finished, guess this is going to be one boring event for Me since My fields take forever to finish, oh well.
    Every 5 hours a leprechaun will prank one of the three main farms, and then you have to hunt him down on the same farm he prank'd before harvesting to get rid of the prank, but that's about it for things to find during the event. There's a chance you will get another prank when you select one of the three pots after finding a leprechaun (where you will have to find yet another leprechaun to clear it), but it seems to be mainly about collecting hats and clovers. 
    I have not seen any Hats what so ever, only the golden clovers, and that is only when My fields decide to finish, so for Me this event will be a boring one, cause I know that My fields do not make a lot of product to even come close to finishing, so again I will probably not be able to get the Flag yet again, so I have again wasted My time and effort to even try and get a flag, since I noticed this time only 250 people will get one, which is lame, the rest who work their behinds off will get Zip yet again, I even have been using the seeds they claim are for events, and I still can not get to high, this is a horrible game for Me as far as events go, so I guess I wont bother with them any more until My farms are fully done I guess, thanks to everyone for the help just the same, much appreciated.
    You only get hats if you belong to a co op.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I wish to thank Jenni1 for letting Me know bout the Hats in the game, and also to shazamd for letting Me know in the forums, info is much appreciated thanks.
  • What about that decoration? It says u need to be rank 1-10 to get the Leprachaun House.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 12.03.2017
    @LanaViolet (US1)

The 'leprechaun house' skin indeed is only for the first 10 players who collect the most "golden shamrocks". The first 250 players will get the StPD flag.

Everybody will get the "leprechaun habitat" deco - and it's up to you and how much you can farm during these 10 days of the event, to what level you can upgrade it. So the more you farm, the higher level you will achieve.

All stages/levels of this deco are to be seen in the Decoration tower (on your Gourmet Farm) on the 38th floor. Just click on the shadow of the deco there and you will get to see how it looks like.
    The leprechaun house  ranking prize is an appearance, not a deco.  The Leprechaun Domicile pictured on the left side of the event window is the deco.  Amount of golden shamrocks collected determine the happiness of the final deco won.
  • Ok thank you for that information. I appreciate it. :)
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    This is not the place to ask this I am sure but all the skin appearances for stuff such as the one you win for this event if you are in the top 10, do they do anything for you?

What is the point to them? Is there a happiness boost if you use them?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 12.03.2017
    @Blue Denim

What are you planting in your fields? You can just farm as normal, (Corn, Cabbage) and add a few quick crops like alfalfa and wildflowers occasionally. You don't need to use all your event seeds for this. Once in a while throw in roses etc, overnight sow wheat and  sunflowers if you have them.

If you click on the event in the parking lot, it will show you what your decoration looks like. (Everyone gets a decoration, the Leprachaun domicile) The more you harvest, the higher the happiness will be, If you have been getting the hardwork rewards, you are progressing.  Only a few people ever get the top prizes, so I wouldn't even bother trying for the flag or the leprachaun house skin. Just get your deco as high as you can.

• Disappointed there isn't a farm dollar option for purchasing a St. Patrick's Day theme from Frida.
  • .I am totally loving this event, it is one of best ever, up there with CNY.  Well done!!!!
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 13.03.2017
    gavinfarms (US1) said:

and

Thanks gavinfarms, I've been following your posts on both threads and so also started keeping an eye on my tool box drop rate  .... and it stinks.  I've probably been playing for about 8 hours today and made a point of collecting rutabaga and alfalfa and kept the mill going full time.  i collected 5 (five)  tool boxes  !!  ?? thats including the silo and the composter.  No offence to the wonderful dev's that have joined our forum, but i think they need to go and re-do their maths.

As for Lester, the last time I saw him I had to gold my mine t get gold, i couldn't buy any because I couldn't afford it, I also had some rare gold seeds which I planted for him. So I didn't buy gold for him, which means I probably  "don't meet the requirements"   .. i haven't seen in him for a very long time.

I haven's seen a single tool box dropping from the windmill anymore since the last update, not even one, even tho my mill is processing feed day and night.  Could it be that the mill is not supposed to drop tool boxes anymore ?

A very thorough job by GGS, making sure that if we need tool boxes we buy them. I am not sure how low level players are supposed to build their farm machines

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    PCA (GB1) said:
    gavinfarms (US1) said:

and

I haven's seen a single tool box dropping from the windmill anymore since the last update, not even one, even tho my mill is processing feed day and night.  Could it be that the mill is not supposed to drop tool boxes anymore ?

A very thorough job by GGS, making sure that if we need tool boxes we buy them. I am not sure how low level players are supposed to build their farm machines

The windmill has never dropped toolboxes. Just the (Main Farm) Silo, (Main Farm) Composter, Chicken Coop, CowShed & Pigsty.

The silo & composter on the Gourmet Farm doesn't even drop them.

• I like this event,except for one glitch. Im not getting pranked every 5 hours like the post said. Ive only been pranked 4 times and i have 6 days left!!! Something strange going on here.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    .I am totally loving this event, it is one of best ever, up there with CNY.  Well done!!!!
    Nah tend to disagree on this being up there with CNY! I'm a bit ho-hum about the st pats day event. The elements of a good event are there but the execution seems a bit disappointing to me. Kudos to GGS for adding the pranking/hunting aspect to this but I think the 5 hour cooloff period is a bit too long. Maybe have the pranking/leprachaun hunt every 2 hours? The appearance prize being offered to top 10 finishers doesn't seem like enough to me, or maybe i'm being a bit fussy?

It is good to see a new event though and I hope this is the start of more exciting and different events for the future.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 19.03.2017
    I like this event,except for one glitch. Im not getting pranked every 5 hours like the post said. Ive only been pranked 4 times and i have 6 days left!!! Something strange going on here.
    There is a minimum of 5 hours between the pranks, but this 'in between time' can be longer. That's how I understand things. I must admit: I rather like it this way - I wouldn't want to run every 5 minutes to the keyboard to check whether one of those pesky little green guys pranked me or not  :p

This is not the place to ask this I am sure but all the skin appearances for stuff such as the one you win for this event if you are in the top 10, do they do anything for you?

What is the point to them? Is there a happiness boost if you use them?

Other than changing the looks of your buildings (after 4 years of the same looks, players got a bit bored, so GGS gave us some variation), they have no further function.
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
Sign In to comment.