Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 8th - St. Patrick's Day, "Community" Horse Tournament and More! - Discussion

Comments

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 08.03.2017
    Hmmm, George and "candyman" gone after update. Already "cleared all" and refressed game..... They didn't came back.  Where are they GGS???? 
    Edit: All ok, Cleared caches again and refressed again, after a while they just appeared from somewhere.... :smiley:
  • CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod)CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 845
    edited 08.03.2017
    Where did the map go? Game starts from main farm now.Is this a bug or its gone for good ? Already cleared cache etc

Also the parking lot trucks loads very slow,like few seconds after everything else loads.I thought they are all gone at first.... 

EDIT:How strange , several co-op members too do not have map,one of them from couple of months
    @Tigrain (BG1) The game is suppose to start from the main farm now instead of the map. You can still access the map by using the next harvest panel located on the right side of the screen.

Edit to add: Its normal that some players are getting in the game thru the map & others are going directly to the main farm. If anything changes, we'll let you guys know. :)

snow still here after "update" and can search for candies again
    The team is aware that some players still have snow on their farms & they're looking into it. :)

Everyone should be able to find all the candies now without getting an error code.
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    Still snow on my farm but I can find the 'extra' candies.
    I also have another bug - I am clearing a new block on my Flower farm but the action is not showing in the Upgrade window on the other farms. See below

• I m lovin the candy hunting..but some candies r very well hidden..:)
  • Hello, excuse my intrusion.

I'm from the Hispanic server. They noticed some change with the present update in the behavior of the silo and composter with respect to the toolboxes. Before they were 5 and 3 respectively, but now only 1.

Thanks in advance and greetings to this community
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    Hello, excuse my intrusion.

I'm from the Hispanic server. They noticed some change with the present update in the behavior of the silo and composter with respect to the toolboxes. Before they were 5 and 3 respectively, but now only 1.

LOL  i thought i was extremely unlucky today.silo to the max  only give me 1....Composter is busy but im expecting same result .Good job GGS  :'(

Hey @aleydy (HIS1) the amount of tool drops have been re-balanced and reduced according to every other building in the game. The prices for buying them were reduced as well from 990 gold to 390 gold. The amount of tools had to be adapted to the new situation in the game.
  • Ooo SergiO ooO (HIS1)Ooo SergiO ooO (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 404
    edited 08.03.2017
    Thanks for the reply @CuddlyFoxes, it makes me that the rebalance is only noticed against the players, it is a very personal opinion, since I have noticed that each tool leaves approximately every 60 harvests, using the fast feed, there it is not going to Have a change, only in buildings that were beneficial ?, is just a suggestion, but should evaluate.

Finally, let's hope it is the beginning of finding out how we are going to achieve almost 100 tools that are occupied per day to keep the machines productive.

Sorry if you do not understand, but my English is void.

Regards!!!
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572

Hey @aleydy (HIS1) the amount of tool drops have been re-balanced and reduced according to every other building in the game. The prices for buying them were reduced as well from 990 gold to 390 gold. The amount of tools had to be adapted to the new situation in the game.
    it is forcing to buy tools through gold , why ggs is decreased the amount of tools from silo and composter .
    Now it is very tough to open any new machine :( , cc is also coming two times , we need to use tools there too
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Not sure I understand your post cuddly foxes  " The amount of tools had to be adapted to the new situation in the game"  so greater need of tool boxes = take more away from the players.  LOL  so you want to give with the right hand and take away with the left to encourage gold spending for the tool boxes.  Good luck with this another hit and a miss.
  • I'm actually starting to feel like BigFarm is becoming pay to play. It might as well be with how forced the gameplay is becoming. I've been playing solidly for the past two weeks since I re-joined, and I still haven't collected the required 50 tools to open one single machine.

Everyday I'm swarmed with gold offers which I don't want, and there are so many events now I barely have time to run my farm to keep up with them all. I'm not a competitive player, or even have any of the temp farms open yet I feel completely overwhelmed.

I play this game to take a break from real life. Now I need a break from my break.

Don't get me wrong I love this game. I just feel that I can't keep up with everything that's going on, and I don't think that any of the new changes being introduced are going to help any.  :s

Sorry, @CuddlyFoxes, but I really don't follow the reasoning here... Would you care to explain?

What new situation in the game are you referring to? The fact that we have now more farm machines and, hence, we need more toolboxes to build and activate them? If so, how does that lead to the conclusion that the amount of toolboxes dropped has to be reduced? I'm totally bewildered at this...
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    It seems to Me that all the events are just for the people who have finished their Farms or are almost done with them, Since I am Level 52 and still got a lot of work to do on My Farms, I can never finish them and get the rewards, and I refuse to buy Gold to be able to finish them as well, So My only option is do not bother with the Events until My Farms are done which will take yrs probably, or just do not bother with them ever.

I had the same complaint when I was at your level but now I am finishing level five events with no problem. Just keep building your farm and you will get there.  As for the temp farms, The best advice I got was not to start one until you can afford to spend about 10 mil on it. And I still only get part way into chapter two. I just do them for the seeds.  Another good piece of advice is to pick the temp farm you love and just do that one.  You can earn enough to keep the ship going until that farm comes back around.  Then you are not constantly building a temp farm and can concentrate on building your full time farms.  I do the Viking/northern lights/ festive farm because it comes around the most, but many prefer the tropical farm and no one that I know of really loves the candy farm.
  • @Damaria3 (US1) @RaquelCesar (GB1) This is something that wasn't working as designed so they needed to adjust the tools drops. We will continue to forward all feedback regarding this & keep the topic going so that changes can be made if need be.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 08.03.2017
    Always thought that leprechauns gave a pot of gold when you found them.  I agree I don't like the pranking concept.  Hopefully pricing on fruit seed will go down.  Even at my level which isn't extremely high I tend to do the special farms rarely cause they cost way to much sometime and you don't get full value when you break them down unless you do it yourself
    Sadly, we won't always get gold when we find a leprechaun.  According to the post, sometimes he'll prank another building instead.
    edited 08.03.2017
    @Damaria3 (US1) @RaquelCesar (GB1) This is something that wasn't working as designed so they needed to adjust the tools drops. We will continue to forward all feedback regarding this & keep the topic going so that changes can be made if need be.

With all due respect Cuddly and I know you aren't making these answers up yourself but, it took four years  for the light bulb to go off and say we are giving the players too  much and this all happened when the four machines got rolled out and players asked for MORE toolbox drops?  Something very stinky fishy here and it isn't Oleg.
    edited 08.03.2017
    Agreed.  The requirements for tool boxes have greatly increased while the available supply has decreased substantially.  With all due respect, this has become the M.O. for things like this as well as for the events and the temporary farms:  Take what the players ask for, give them the opposite, charge them more for it, and tell them what a great solution it is.

We love the game.  We want to see it make money so it can continue.  Any successful business person can tell you that this is not the way to go about it.  
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Thank you, @CuddlyFoxes, for your reply. However, I must say I find it very little enlightening, since I don't know the original design behind the introduction of the new machines.

Given that, one can only make an educated guess... So, the machines were not working as designed and the proposed solution to correct the fault is to reduce the toolboxes drop rates. Maybe then the intention was to make working with the machines more challenging (read difficult) for players. Oh, but wait!... At the same time the cost in gold of the toolboxes is reduced, making easier to get the toolboxes if one is willing to spend gold.

I have to agree with @Damaria3 (US1) . Something smells really fishy here... LOL
  • Tonia2 (INT1)Tonia2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 45
    Can somebody tell me how long will this event last? I can´t find it anywhere
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Take what the players ask for, give them the opposite, charge them more for it, and tell them what a great solution it is.
    I am starting to think this is actually GGS' Mission statement
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    @Damaria3 (US1) @RaquelCesar (GB1) This is something that wasn't working as designed so they needed to adjust the tools drops. We will continue to forward all feedback regarding this & keep the topic going so that changes can be made if need be.

With all due respect Cuddly and I know you aren't making these answers up yourself but, it took four years  for the light bulb to go off and say we are giving the players too  much and this all happened when the four machines got rolled out and players asked for MORE toolbox drops?  Something very stinky fishy here and it isn't Oleg.

@CuddlyFoxes keep forwarding feedback, because that is absolutely ridiculous to bring in new machines, then take away what is needed to run machines in the first place. Ri Dic U Lous.

I agree with Damaria3....very stinky fishy!

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 09.03.2017
    Hate the idea of being pranked . That is all we need is to make weekly events harder by pranks. 

Second I hate the shorting of Temp island. Can not finish them in 30 days now so lets make it even harder and shorten the time.

Oh wait that is right we do not have a choose to opt out and not play the event as we are going to be pranked either way!!!

Why not fix this before it starts and catch the Leprechaun and get a gift not a prank and keep the 30 days for the temp islands or even better give more time to do the temp island like 40 days.
    Post edited by stef7 (US1) on
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Can somebody tell me how long will this event last? I can´t find it anywhere
    The St. Patrick's Day should last 10 days give or take the time zone difference :open_mouth:
  • so, with the temporary islands only being 24 days, is anything else prorated besides the totals?  Like the build time for production facilities on the temporary islands?  Because with 30 days I'm usually building til the last 3 or 4 days, so at 24, I figure I won't manage to even get everything built and upgraded.  Doesn't sound like much of a solution to me.  
    This is extremely important.  If the build times are not cut by the corresponding percent......the temp farms would not be in balance (in particular the Viking and Tropical Island)

I strongly agree with Gavinfarms and Anifromid.      It is extremely important that the build times are decreased by the same percent as everything else.    I might do Candy Farm differently than some other farmers.   I made most of my candy money by building and upgrading everything.    It would be really hard to have enough time to upgrade everything when the time was cut short.  Since GGS insists on charging such high cash prices,  it takes time to transfer over enough money to do these upgrades.    Then you insist on us to build the same amount in 6 less days,   Come on, it is not fair !!
    edited 09.03.2017
    Hate the idea of being pranked . That is all we need is to make weekly events harder by pranks. 

Second I hate the shorting of Temp island. Can not finish them in 30 days now so lets make it even harder and shorten the time.

Then to say gee do a St Patrick day event but you get nothing for it unless you are in the top 500. Why bother??? 

Oh wait that is right we do not have a choose to opt out and not play the event as we are going to be pranked either way!!!

Why not fix this before it starts and have something for everyone to win like a flag and deco for ALL, Catch the Leprechaun and get a gift not a prank and keep the 30 days for the temp islands?
    Agree with all of this.  It's hard enough to do an event without being pranked.  And if this happens during a mission?  You can't just pause the clock while you're off chasing a leprechaun and hope he doesn't prank you again.  Make them good little rewardy leprechauns, please.

The temp islands will be a total waste of time with shorter times.  It takes most of us a full two-three weeks to even get things half-way built, and a good two full days to dismantle.  (And, of course, we can't do any building or dismantling anywhere else.  You can be sure Steve will show up then.)

Only top 500 get the goodies?  That's a really swell way to get lower level players excited about the event and stay interested in the game, isn't it.  A nice bonus would be good for the top 500, but let everyone have a chance to win.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

I have two questions for you, Cuddly:

1.  When did this change take place?  (meaning...Was it in this update or earlier?)

2.  "the amount of tool drops have been re-balanced and reduced"   How much were they reduced?  (a percentage would be great)

@stef7 (US1)  No everyone will get a prize if you participate you will be gathering both reg happiness and CV happiness while you harvest your farms only the top 250 players will receive a flag and the top person also gets an additional prize.   I think you got confused with the event and the changes to the wheel of fortune.  Happy Farming  good luck in the event.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 09.03.2017
    I have to agree with other posters that this answer is not explaining anythng. So I put some thoughts to it. Can't figure any "not working as designed" game related issues.- the only result is lower harvests which means more difficult events, slower filled orders etc. So could we get some more  detailed explanation pls?

There's another aspect where I on the other hand can see rather clear relations, and that is monetization. Could it be, by any chance, that "not working as intended" translates "this feature didn't bring enough gold purchases"? Becouse that seems to make perfect sense. Lower the amount drasticaly (what is it - less then 50 % of previous?) when need increased, and then drop the price on gold purchase, hoping to encourage players to forget already tedious drops collecting and replace it by paying?

I have two questions for you, Cuddly:

1.  When did this change take place?  (meaning...Was it in this update or earlier?)

2.  "the amount of tool drops have been re-balanced and reduced"   How much were they reduced?  (a percentage would be great)

Hey @gavinfarms (US1)

1. Yes, the changes with the tool drops were added to the game with today's update.
    2. I don't have an official percentage to give you right now but I will ask when the team is back in office. As aleydy posted above, players are reporting that they were getting 5 and 3 toolboxes from the silo & composter previously but are now receiving 1 toolbox. This has been reported from other communities as well. The silo and composter are the only buildings that are affected by the reduced amount of tools.

In regards to the temp farms, as Wabbit posted earlier, the candy farm will be next but will not be affected by the shorter times. We have about a month before those changes will be added to the game so we will continue to forward all feedback on this as well so that any necessary changes can be made.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

@stef7 (US1)  No everyone will get a prize if you participate you will be gathering both reg happiness and CV happiness while you harvest your farms only the top 250 players will receive a flag and the top person also gets an additional prize.   I think you got confused with the event and the changes to the wheel of fortune.  Happy Farming  good luck in the event.
    I stand corrected I see that now.

Rewards

• 50 activity rewards to collect during the event (only the regular collectibles count).

• 1x St. Patrick’s themed decoration (max values: 79 NHP and 39 VHP).

• 1x event-themed appearance (Residential) for the Top 10 players who collect the most individual collectibles.

• 1x St. Patrick’s Day Flag for the Top 250 players who collect the most individual collectibles.

Sign In to comment.