Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 8th - St. Patrick's Day, "Community" Horse Tournament and More! - Discussion

Comments

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 08.03.2017
    do not buy greenhouse seeds.  coop championship and hard worker event gives multiple prizes of 1000-1500 horseshoes.  Have around 30,000 regular horseshoes accumulated, will take a long time to use up.  
    rarely used temp farm bank to exchange.  relied on daily tasks, 3 per day, 60000-90000 temp farm dollars each, usually easy tasks.  collected around 2,500,000 runestones when event is over, got 1-2 rune circles for flower farm, nothing else.  
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    so, with the temporary islands only being 24 days, is anything else prorated besides the totals?  Like the build time for production facilities on the temporary islands?  Because with 30 days I'm usually building til the last 3 or 4 days, so at 24, I figure I won't manage to even get everything built and upgraded.  Doesn't sound like much of a solution to me.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    so, with the temporary islands only being 24 days, is anything else prorated besides the totals?  Like the build time for production facilities on the temporary islands?  Because with 30 days I'm usually building til the last 3 or 4 days, so at 24, I figure I won't manage to even get everything built and upgraded.  Doesn't sound like much of a solution to me.  
    And don't forget the 2 days needed at the end to dismantle.  
  • Dont like the sound of the pranking leprechaun, if we dont find the villain do we have to finish the production with gold?
    Hey @bdreish (GB1) if you don't find the leprechaun, the prank will stay on the affected building until the production is finished. You don't have to use gold to get rid of the prank, just harvest as normal when its time. ;)

I am hoping there is an adjustment on requirement for rewards like on candy farm the 90M vouchers for the candy cow is reduce in proportion, I would think it would drop to 70M vouchers.  @CuddlyFoxes
    @Byron Longford (AU1) We'll talk with the team about this once they're back in office & let you know as soon as we find out something. :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    How many times a day might we expect to be pranked and is this only going to be on the main farm or any of the farms. Thank you
  • I don't know if I missed that information somehow, but how long will the event last? (Just want to know if the little pesks will still be around during the CC...) 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    This is extremely important.  If the build times are not cut by the corresponding percent......the temp farms would not be in balance (in particular the Viking and Tropical Island)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    We have enough bugs. We don't need pranks too.
    Fully agree. Pranks are bad enough from players. I personaly have no need to be mean to any player in the game and spoil their efforts and never used pranks. Pranks from the game provider where you cannot avoid them by not starting the event is an extremely bad idea. Btw that reminds me penalty for growing edge crops, but there you can chose at least. Please discontinue this trend.
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    What has happened to the update?  Twice we have had the maintenance sign & twice it has disappeared.  No shutdown has yet occurred.

Bug perhaps?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Aha! Thx @Ozzie (AU1) - thought it was me - trying to plan the HW process around this servers down moment, but it's getting quite a puzzle now ... :D:p
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    I know.  I'm trying to organise for the night, HW event etc so I thought I would wait for the shutdown to occur.  Still waiting.  :(

We see an update on the update but nothing about this mishap.

I'm waiting to go to bed so please hurry up and do the update.  Pleeeeease.  :)
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    What has happened to the update?  Twice we have had the maintenance sign & twice it has disappeared.  No shutdown has yet occurred.

Bug perhaps?
    Glad it wasn't just me... :smiley:

What is going on??????
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995

Bug perhaps?
    GGS trying to get us used to upcoming pranks? Same here on the NL1 server ......
    @WascallyWabbit what is the latest info?
  • Partners sites are being done first, maybe that got a snag, trying to plan my HW stuff too.
    edited 08.03.2017
    Partners sites are being done first, maybe that got a snag
    That does not explain the warning sign coming and when almost down to zero, just disappearing and nothing happening....
    And that two times...

Now it is back again for the third time.....lets see what happens now
    Partners sites are being done first, maybe that got a snag, trying to plan my HW stuff too.
    Yep - forgot about that - that could be the reason.... Well, I still rather have an update starting later giving us less(er) bugs, than starting on time but full of 'it'  ;)

Meanwhile girders are holding Georges silo up ... LOL!
  • olive76 (INT1)olive76 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 15
    Hi there,

I wish to point out one thing regarding temp farms which seems to have been lost in the chaos of a new St. Patrick event. The fact that the number of runestones/shells required to win the decorations is lower does not AT ALL make the temp farm finishable...For one, the tasks are still the same and rewards that come from the tasks make a significant portion of the total runestones/shells earned. This means that we would have to rush through tasks in order to get them finished and earn the rewards. In MHO, this makes the temp farm less attractive for any player, both newbies and veterans. The scaling has to include everything not just the sum-up of runestones/shells, such as: the amounts required for each task or the production time. 
    And I agree with another issue others raised. Making the farm last 24 days every month does not answer players requests for LESS temp farms. Especially having in mind that the temp farm timing and Steve's timing (architect) tend to coincide.
  • LordGamer101 (AU1)LordGamer101 (AU1) Posts: 53
    edited 08.03.2017
    Why is the time resetting every 30min?
  • Why is the time resetting every 30min?
      bug disinfestation maybe...?
  • Always thought that leprechauns gave a pot of gold when you found them.  I agree I don't like the pranking concept.  Hopefully pricing on fruit seed will go down.  Even at my level which isn't extremely high I tend to do the special farms rarely cause they cost way to much sometime and you don't get full value when you break them down unless you do it yourself
    Hi there,

I wish to point out one thing regarding temp farms which seems to have been lost in the chaos of a new St. Patrick event. The fact that the number of runestones/shells required to win the decorations is lower does not AT ALL make the temp farm finishable...For one, the tasks are still the same and rewards that come from the tasks make a significant portion of the total runestones/shells earned. This means that we would have to rush through tasks in order to get them finished and earn the rewards. In MHO, this makes the temp farm less attractive for any player, both newbies and veterans. The scaling has to include everything not just the sum-up of runestones/shells, such as: the amounts required for each task or the production time. 
    And I agree with another issue others raised. Making the farm last 24 days every month does not answer players requests for LESS temp farms. Especially having in mind that the temp farm timing and Steve's timing (architect) tend to coincide.
    GGS seems always to do the opposite of what we ask : no 2x coopchampionships in the month > so they lowered the amount needed for prices, they reduced the time, but maintained the frequency.
    Exactly the same as now with the island. With the amount of money needed to run the temp farms on an acceptable level, I need a month to save up for the next one. Not 6 or 7 days.
    And reducing the award level is a fake "present" : the chapter amounts and sidetasks should be reduced accordingly, along with reducing building and harvest time.
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    Hello everyone, I don't understand then this Patrick event will start. can anyone tell me, please. It will start today? 
  • Hello everyone, I don't understand then this Patrick event will start. can anyone tell me, please. It will start today? 
    According to the OA the event will start on the 10th of March

• Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    thank you :)
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    snow is not removed from the farm ? or update does not came till now
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    edited 08.03.2017
    Where did the map go? Game starts from main farm now.Is this a bug or its gone for good ? Already cleared cache etc

Also the parking lot trucks loads very slow,like few seconds after everything else loads.I thought they are all gone at first.... 

EDIT:How strange , several co-op members too do not have map,one of them from couple of months
    Post edited by Tigrain (BG1) on
    Don't know - On Dutch server NL1  the snow is gone, and the map still there.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    map is also here but farms take time to switch from different farms
  • whiziwig (US1)whiziwig (US1) US1 Posts: 1,262
    edited 08.03.2017
    snow still here after "update" and can search for candies again

I had already completed event so was surprised to see I could search for more
    Post edited by whiziwig (US1) on
  • Looks like the candy hunting is back again even though I've already completed the event...
Sign In to comment.