Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock

This discussion was created from comments split from: Developer Pichu arrived!.

Comments

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Welcome pichu  I love this game and have been a moderate gold spender here but after two years have decided no more gold spending due to no gold lock and I am not alone just joining an existing bandwagon.  While we have three players here who don't have a problem with this the VAST majority do.  I talk to players and a lot will not buy gold due to no safeguard. This is your biggest flaw to this game, one that the players feel they are being taken advantage of,  not listened to and unappreciated. Other games have safety checks on their cash product such as diamonds and by not doing it with this game players see it as GREED on part of GGS. If you want to change your image with the players this is the place to start.
  • nicely stated  Damaria and agree 100% 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 03.03.2017
    Pichu said:

Hey guys!

the announcement already told you: The Bigfarm-Team invasion is starting :D

My name is Pichu and I’m working as a developer in the Bigfarm-Team for around 4 years now! If you have any questions regarding technical issues or other problems feel free to contact me. I will also keep an eye open if something is not working as intended!

In my free time I love to play other games like Overwatch or World of Warcraft and a lot of VR-Games. So in the end I am a typical nerd... :/

If you want to know more things about me feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Pichu

Welcome Pichu! It is very nice to have a staff member that can personally listen to as many people's opinions as possible. I'm sure everyone will appreciate to have you here to listen to your opinions.  :)

One thing I would love to see in the future, if possible, is to have something similar to the organic market, but something the cooperative can work on together as a whole.

Perhaps they can have tasks in steps like the weekly events. Just an idea.  :) 

Welcome pichu  I love this game and have been a moderate gold spender here but after two years have decided no more gold spending due to no gold lock and I am not alone just joining an existing bandwagon.  While we have three players here who don't have a problem with this the VAST majority do.  I talk to players and a lot will not buy gold due to no safeguard. This is your biggest flaw to this game, one that the players feel they are being taken advantage of,  not listened to and unappreciated. Other games have safety checks on their cash product such as diamonds and by not doing it with this game players see it as GREED on part of GGS. If you want to change your image with the players this is the place to start.

I am very disappointed in you that one of the staff members of this game is immediately being welcomed by an extremely rude attack on the Big Farm staff. I feel that it is fine to ask for a gold lock, but the manner in which you "demanded" it is extremely inappropriate and is not needed. The staff member is coming to listen to our opinions to help us enjoy the game more and you immediately flare up at him?

Edit: This post is not meant to be any kind of personal attack towards Damaria3. This is just supposed to point out that we need to try our best to respect our staff members, since they are the ones responsible for the game and without them we wouldn't be playing this game today.
    Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Welcome aboard Pichu!! :smiley: It's great to have you here to interact with the community.

@ninjahuman (AU1) I completely agree with your post. Damaria was quite rude and not very welcoming to someone that is here to help us. :( You didn't have to edit your post and apologize for posting your opinion. We all have the right to share our opinions here as long as we do so in a constructive manner and follow the community guidelines. ;) 

Here's a thought (not directed at you, Ninja).... how about trying to come up with new ideas rather than just demanding that GGS add a gold lock or else you won't buy gold. Surely someone can come up with a reasonable solution rather making demands. Give constructive feedback & GGS will listen. I have been here for 4 years and I have seen many player suggestions added to the game. They do listen.
  • Gohan139 (US1)Gohan139 (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 03.03.2017
    Ok Damaria3, first, this game is likely never going to get a gold lock, because it's unnecessary. I've been playing this game for years, and have only misclicked one time, and I lost 150 gold (OH, NO!). Second, who exactly elected you as the server spokesman? I don't remember getting to vote on that, and if I could, I would vote against it. If this is the kind of thing that angers you to no end, then you're playing the wrong game, my friend. As for Pichu, welcome to the forums. Sorry you have to deal with this right off the bat, you are a great guy, and I can't wait to have intellectual conversation with you.

Gohan139
    Post edited by Gohan139 (US1) on
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 03.03.2017
    [Some off topic posts removed]

Hey guys, 

This thread is for you to communicate with Pichu, not to bicker with each other, please keep on topic.

Thankyou!
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • First of all, welcome Pichu to the forum! :)

Now, after reading  and rereading Damaria's post a dozen times I really don't understand all the fuss about it. I certainly can't find anything rude about it. She welcomes Pichu and says she loves the game. Then she expresses her view on what she thinks is the biggest flaw in the game, a view she thinks is shared by many. What's wrong in that? In my opinion that only shows how much she cares for the game. Moreover, it's totally in line with the reason for Pichu being here: hearing the game players concerns and bringing the players closer to the Big Farm development team.

So, thank you Damaria!
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Totally agree @RaquelCesar (GB1) I don't know how that post can be considered rude.

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Pichu said:

Hey guys!

the announcement already told you: The Bigfarm-Team invasion is starting :D

My name is Pichu and I’m working as a developer in the Bigfarm-Team for around 4 years now! If you have any questions regarding technical issues or other problems feel free to contact me. I will also keep an eye open if something is not working as intended!

In my free time I love to play other games like Overwatch or World of Warcraft and a lot of VR-Games. So in the end I am a typical nerd... :/

If you want to know more things about me feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Pichu

Welcome Pichu! It is very nice to have a staff member that can personally listen to as many people's opinions as possible. I'm sure everyone will appreciate to have you here to listen to your opinions.  :)

One thing I would love to see in the future, if possible, is to have something similar to the organic market, but something the cooperative can work on together as a whole.

Perhaps they can have tasks in steps like the weekly events. Just an idea.  :) 

I am very disappointed in you that one of the staff members of this game is immediately being welcomed by an extremely rude attack on the Big Farm staff. I feel that it is fine to ask for a gold lock, but the manner in which you "demanded" it is extremely inappropriate and is not needed. The staff member is coming to listen to our opinions to help us enjoy the game more and you immediately flare up at him?

Edit: This post is not meant to be any kind of personal attack towards Damaria3. This is just supposed to point out that we need to try our best to respect our staff members, since they are the ones responsible for the game and without them we wouldn't be playing this game today.

@ninjahuman (AU1)  Yes you meant this as a personal attack but that is ok hope you feel better. No where in my post to Pichu was I attacking him or her, what was stated has been written here many times by other players. This game is in existence due to people willing to pay their hard earned money for gold.  It is free to play due to those of us who buy gold they do not offer this out of the kindness of their hearts it is a business. If people do not pay, the game no longer exists, with this in mind they want to increase their gold sales, to do this they need to safeguard peoples gold.  There is no DEMAND here it is commonsense and good business practice. This person is here to understand the needs of the players, promote goodwill with the company, not here to be stroked that is not going to help this game be here in a year or five years. I want this game here in five years so I give an honest straight forward message in the hopes that will happen. 
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Hi Pichu Welcome to big farm forum . I to world like to see a lock against accidental spending. I have been playing 3 years this month and because of shaky hands have wasted a fair bit of gold. I used to buy the GML deal and GMLs from Omar and only kept 6K gold on hand . Not seen the GML deal for a while except the fill the barrel ,which got less gold and Omar rarely offers GML on its own. I to don't think @Damaria3 (US1) was been rude. Its a fair question  <3
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Very well said, @ninjahuman (AU1); I fully agree with you. That first post is downright offensive to a lot of players, GGS and the forum, and certainly not very welcoming to a staff member! There is no need to apologize whatsoever!
  • Not sure why it is rude to ask for security of bought gold, your money that went to developers, not rude what so ever to ask for a security to make sure your gold doesn't  'disappear' by mistake.Lets face it, without our money there is no game so why find it rude when a person asks for a lock? Come off your high chair.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Not sure why it is rude to ask for security of bought gold, your money that went to developers, not rude what so ever to ask for a security to make sure your gold doesn't  'disappear' by mistake.Lets face it, without our money there is no game so why find it rude when a person asks for a lock? Come off your high chair.
    It isn't rude to ask for one; it's rude because of how it was asked.

Yes, I totally agree, for the safety of player's gold, something like a gold lock would be a priority. I just don't think it was okay the way Damaria3 asked for it.

Anyway, we should probably just put this aside and rather focus on welcoming our developer to the forum.
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    edited 25.03.2017
    Hey Damaria3!

The topic you mentioned is really well known for me and we are discussing a lot about this. Therefore I cannot promise you something yet and the answer from the Q&A is still valid. Maybe we will change something in the future.

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file