Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tournaments

I just turned on my computer to find we are having another tournament now I have asked this before with no luck or feedback but these tournaments are way too close together and trying to keep up with a growing farm and now this is really getting to be a bit too much. Also The coop I belong to has not received my data yet and it has been a week already why doesn't ggbf fix this problem first?

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 15.02.2017
    There has been a number of posts about this  https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/42619/length-frequency-of-coop-challenge#latest
    As for the data for the co op, you have to be active with helping with a few co op projects before any data gets registered.
  • Logged on this morning to find that another coop challenge starts in 17 hours time, god sake GGS give the players a chance to get over the last one, they are coming to fast, the last one only two weeks ago.  But then of course have to remember that there are the players that will gold themselves silly through out the challenge only to have to buy more gold once they run out.  Is it any wonder that players are losing interest in the game???  Come on GGS start listening to your players for once,  ohhh but hang on of course the ones that buy the gold keep all of you in a job.
  • johanne (AU1)johanne (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    Logged on this morning to find that another coop challenge starts in 17 hours time, god sake GGS give the players a chance to get over the last one, they are coming to fast, the last one only two weeks ago.  But then of course have to remember that there are the players that will gold themselves silly through out the challenge only to have to buy more gold once they run out.  Is it any wonder that players are losing interest in the game???  Come on GGS start listening to your players for once,  ohhh but hang on of course the ones that buy the gold keep all of you in a job.

I totally agree with all you have said ,, almost given up on the GC , sorry not gold coast  GC oops not gold challenge  CC , coop challenge ,, will get it right one day..   ; )
  • They originated as every 3 months, to every other month, to once a month, and now they have managed to squeeze in another 2 days of play by doing it twice a month at 4 days each.
    Supposedly, it is to relief the stress of everyone complaining about it being held a week every month.
    How how 8 days twice a month was the answering response is a very good question.

I like the prizes and do my best to participate but honestly w/o using gold or putting in hours of doing missions I have begun to feel guilty about what I contribute and I have begun to hate the event so much that I am questioning whether I belong in my co-op or if I would be just fine playing all on my own.

They originated as every 3 months, to every other month, to once a month, and now they have managed to squeeze in another 2 days of play by doing it twice a month at 4 days each.
    Supposedly, it is to relief the stress of everyone complaining about it being held a week every month.
    How how 8 days twice a month was the answering response is a very good question.

I like the prizes and do my best to participate but honestly w/o using gold or putting in hours of doing missions I have begun to feel guilty about what I contribute and I have begun to hate the event so much that I am questioning whether I belong in my co-op or if I would be just fine playing all on my own.

If you have an understanding coop that JUST wants to play for the gifts along the way then
    you need to stay put !! They should understand But in all reality forget the big prizes as I have done ... I get more pleasure out of playing honestly and for my coop :p
  • LeavesEyes (NL1)LeavesEyes (NL1) Posts: 18
    edited 15.02.2017
    I agree, there are too many coopchallenges, it's getting boring... It's also getting harder to finish the weekly events on a higher stage, unless you pick the lower ones, but I've allready done them (lower stages), so it's a waste of time.
  • Our coop ignores this money grab. If more coops would do the same then GGS would have to listen. After winning a zillion limes and green humus, what do we do with them?

• PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    What do people have against free gifts? Just play normal missions and you get some nice rewards, it shouldn't be a burden to get some boxes that could have gold in them.
  • As someone that initially thought the CC should be once every 3 months, I have changed my mind now.  When it first started it was really an "event" something my coop at that time, really enjoyed & found to be a fun challenge. It took us a few tries before we got the trophy & it was a real team effort.  But then it all changed, we got the leagues, more rewards, tougher goals, then the selling of RP etc etc and it all became too much pressure to try to get back to that same team spirit.

But now that it is 4 days long and every 2 weeks, I am resigned to the fact that it will never be like those 1st ones, so there is no point trying to put a square peg in a round hole, it has become a completely different event. So if you forget about stressful unobtainable goals & just look at it as an event that comes round every couple of weeks and lets you win a whole bunch of rewards for everyone in your coop, with fairly little effort, it is actually fun again, just for different reasons.

I am thinking the same thing about all the new features now. Clearly when its all done, there will be far more things than any player or coop can keep up with & everyone will start to make decisions about which things they want to concentrate on & design their farms accordingly. So we will end up with a much wider variety of farm styles & players/coops with much different priorities & that will change the CC again, as some coops will most likely prefer to get more involved in the Village leagues.

I think it is interestiing to see how it will all pan out & all the diff types of farms that start to evolve. :)
  • Tango29 (AU1)Tango29 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 7
    Sadly ..as this latest CC draws to a close, its just the same old behaviour, by the same old people.  But, I do agree with a lot of the comments above, accept that some people are just what they are,  and be happy to play for the rewards that come along.  That's often where the real victory comes from.
  • Come on we all know where the real victory comes from.  He who can spend the most wins.  Got nothing to do with skill or planning.

But the one that spend all their money have they really won anything. The cost of their prize is ridiculous.
  • Come on we all know where the real victory comes from.  He who can spend the most wins.  Got nothing to do with skill or planning.

But the one that spend all their money have they really won anything. The cost of their prize is ridiculous.
    Yeah, but it supports the game when people buy gold, and you don't have to spend money to get all of the CC event rewards. People who buy deserve to win.
    edited 20.02.2017
    Come on we all know where the real victory comes from.  He who can spend the most wins.  Got nothing to do with skill or planning.

Yeah, but it supports the game when people buy gold, and you don't have to spend money to get all of the CC event rewards. People who buy deserve to win.

So your saying even though I buy gold BUT chose not to spend it on a ridiculous win in the CC's that I don't deserve to win ?
    Post edited by johanne (AU1) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Come on we all know where the real victory comes from.  He who can spend the most wins.  Got nothing to do with skill or planning.

Name one competition apart from an "auction" where competitors buy the win?? Thats the whole point, this is supposed to be a competition not an auction. Anyone who has to BUY a prize hasn't really won at all. There can be strategy in gold use but posting 10,000 + produce in 5 minutes mission after mission during the entire duration of the CC isn't strategy, its buying the win (cheating). Just because something is within the rules it doesn't make it right.
  • Well..........with all that above being said.......I'd just like to take the time to give MY co op a very outstanding high five!!  We play seriously for the first challenge of the month, and relax for the second one.......so far, with that strategy in play, we have gotten all the team rewards.....and have ended up in top 5, whether we play hard or not!!  Now, that may change in the future, but so far........no real stress at the Haven, y'all.........We're certainly not stressin' over winning or not winning that little yellow tree!  hahaha, Farm on!    B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file