Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Player Enthusiasm

Hi All.
I am looking for ideas as to how I can enthuse my Coop to be more interactive, and also as to how to encourage them to be more active during Coop Challenges. I have tried all the usual written encouragement ''chats'', but they are not getting results.
I would appreciate any helpful ideas you could offer me.

Comments

• VINASH (IN1)VINASH (IN1) IN1 Posts: 22
    edited 15.02.2017
    May be I think this can help you:-

1.You have assess yourself these things first
     a) What kind of coop due you really wish ?
         Compete with other coops or just spend your time in it.
      b)Are you intrested in weekend coop or regular one?
         Weekend coop- cooperative projects, on Saturdays and Sundays
         Regular one- non stop it goes continuously
    After assessing these you can have a decesion.

Then you can pick correct members of your thoughts   and alike

You can't change someone's attitude you have pick members of your nature

To be pin point If you are trying to catch up someone ahead of your coop then find those attitude members.

And at last I have played earlier in a coop were we use to interact onevery issue now i joined another one where there is no interaction only these
    1. Start  a project complete it
    2.Start  a project complete it
    and it goes on they even don't bother about discussung before starting a project 

Post edited by VINASH (IN1) on
  • Hi All.
    I am looking for ideas as to how I can enthuse my Coop to be more interactive, and also as to how to encourage them to be more active during Coop Challenges. I have tried all the usual written encouragement ''chats'', but they are not getting results.
    I would appreciate any ideas also, as I'm having the same problem. Thanks!
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    Cooperative Challenge enthusiasm died for me when they scheduled twice a month, there is no time now to build and grow your farm, gather cash for boosters, and keep up with other events.  On a personal side, I have decided i will put full effort into the one that occurs the first of the month and  the second one is routine game play.  I would never totally not play during CC but I can't get fully involved in two a month.  

I would suggest asking your members which one  they want to devote the most time too, and work towards that goal.   Avoiding the burn out that occurs after CC.  

GGS just does not hold any concern for it's players or their suggestions, and will quickly bury any thread they deem negative to suggestions for reformating CC.  With that the only option they are giving us is to modify our game play to their schedule preferences.   
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Its hard to be enthusiastic about a CC when it appears every fortnight. Its made even worse by the few that gold every mission like crazy and basically buy the 1st prize at the end of it. This type of greedy mentality ruins the competition for everyone.

All I try and do is to make sure every player in my team knows that where we finish means very little to me, its how we get there that counts. Play fair, use your farms and work as a team to pick up as many prizes as we can. Rank result doesnt matter, every rep point counts even for last place finishes. The last thing I want is people stressing out over ranks, just win what u can and hopefully one of the hard work reward mystery boxes brings some gold  :)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    My two cents: When you notice the characteristcs of CC / missions, it's endless nonstop flow of short term harvests. Somethng which in my mind spells as "a lot of wasted time on mindless clicking". You might find out, the same as me, that for most "average" players who have life and play for fun or to relax, this type of "chain me to the computer" activity may be nice as a form of intense play for a couple of missions, but then it quickly get's borng, poinless and  anti-life. I think the answer is simple: You can¨t motivate anybody to waste their life. :)

From maybe broatder angle: Many features in this game are set up for hardcore players. Mid cores and casuals don't stand a chance in such competition. No point even trying. Gaming is simply NOT our life. Not even chosing "right" players is as simple as it sounds, especially if you lead a small, developing, down the ranks positioned cooperative. Hardcore gamers tend to gravitate towards top positioned co-ops (and even these sometimes struggle for enough active players nowadays), and if you happen to get a hardcore in your small team, he's likely to drive casuals away to find somewhere more relaxed provided he stays there long enough, which is unlikely. :)
  • "(and even these sometimes struggle for enough active players nowadays)" 
    Amen to that! 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Both @VINASH (IN1) & @Kamilcom (GB1) post very sound advice.
     There is no easy answer or fix.
    If GGS would implement some game changes, such as a Gold Lock that could be turned on or off, then it might be easier to attract new players. Hopefully to develop into regular active players.
  • @Tract01 (AU1)  If you want you can come join us this CC as we are going for the gold flowers in rookie.  Our co op will soon also be looking to merge with another co op. 
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    Hi All.

hello Tract! 

I always email players before I invite them to a coop.  The reason is you get a feel for what type of player they will be.  If someone isn't going to communicate, they won't respond to your email and if they respond, you most likely will have someone who will chat with you at least via email.  When I first started a coop 4 years ago I had the same issue.  I would accept an application and these players would just sit there, say nothing do nothing.  It was very frustrating.  I would only accept applications that write a meaningful message and those that respond to you when you email them or when you accept them into a coop.  Feel free to email me if you have questions and I will help you further.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file