Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 31st - Player Survey, Valentine's Day Event - Discussion

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 03.02.2017
    Could you please advise when the Valentines event will start, because, unlike the pumpkin event, I can't seem to find any flowers/balloons or whatever on my farms. Thanks!
    It will start in the night of Saturday Febr 4 - Sunday Febr 5, at midnight, so 00:00 CET. This has been announced in the Official Announcement ánd is mentioned in the Dutch thread as well.

Dutch thread can be found here:  https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/31508/help-offered-for-dutch-players-hulp-aangeboden-voor-nl-spelers

Good news! They changed the start time for US1 to start at Midnight EST (06:00 CET), which means we should get a full 24-hour "Day 1" instead of the usual 6-hour one. Thanks @WascallyWabbit !
    Yes great if you happen to live on the east coast ;)
    What about those west ??
    Some will end up a 1 hour for their first day  :o
    Shouldn't, because the event will now start at Midnight EST, which is the same time as the "Day Change" on US1. Which means Day 1 should run a full 24 hours, from Midnight Sat. to Midnight Sunday at the next "Day Change".

(It doesn't matter what your LOCAL time is. Day Change is always the same for the server as a whole, Midnight EST.)
    edited 04.02.2017
    Southern (US1) said:
    Good news! They changed the start time for US1 to start at Midnight EST (06:00 CET), which means we should get a full 24-hour "Day 1" instead of the usual 6-hour one. Thanks @WascallyWabbit !
    Yes great if you happen to live on the east coast ;)
    What about those west ??
    Some will end up a 1 hour for their first day  :o

I'm confused wouldn't the issue be the later US time zones would be shorted at the end of the event?

I am in the PST zone, so I expect to start the event at 9PM Saturday, Feb 4, when the EST zone reaches 12 midnight, CET zone reaches 6AM Sunday Feb 5.

Please correct me if I've got this wrong.

The event isn't going to start based on your time zone, it's going to start at Midnight EST for the entire server.  Doesn't matter what your local Time Zone is; The event will start at Midnight EST/11pm Central/9pm Pacific, which is the same as the "Day Change", just like it's always been. If you're in the PST Time Zone, the event will start at 9pm, so Day 1 should run from 9pm Sat. to 9pm Sunday (Pacific time), which is the exact same time as the "Day Change".

As far as the end of the event goes, it should end at Midnight EST 10 days after starting, which would be Tuesday night @ Midnight EST - no shortage, 10 full days of 24 hours each (as opposed to a 6 hour Day 1 and a 42 hour Day 10, which is what typically happened in the past).
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Well, I'm looking at the time starts, and mine starts exactly with the day change -- which is exactly what we've asked for.  Now we get one full day on the first day like everyone else.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hopefully @KarenKay (US1) they will do a reset on the last day to make up for the short first day for those effected by time zones west of EST. The new start time is an improvement in the right direction at least.
    edited 04.02.2017
    Hopefully @KarenKay (US1) they will do a reset on the last day to make up for the short first day for those effected by time zones west of EST. The new start time is an improvement in the right direction at least.
    Guess I'm not following, Data King - there shouldn't BE a short "first day" for anyone on US1.

If you're on the West Coast, the day change is at 9pm. The event starts at 9pm. The event will end at 9pm on Tuesday (Feb 14th).  Where is there a "short day"? What am I missing?
  • Ok. I've got it now.  Thanks.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Good move to finally adjust event start time to server day timing. Long overdue and greatly needed. :)
    Guess I'm not following, Data King - there shouldn't BE a short "first day" for anyone on US1.

If you're on the West Coast, the day change is at 9pm. The event starts at 9pm. The event will end at 9pm on Tuesday (Feb 14th).  Where is there a "short day"? What am I missing?
    The event may start at 9 pm PST but my computer changes over at midnight effectively changing to the next day. The only difference is instead of 6 hours for the first day now those in the PST get 3 hours. I'm guessing the last day will have the addition time as you pointed out has happened in the past. If the event does run the true 24 hour days regardless the actual local start time, then all will be as it should be. I'm planning on a short first day and an extra long last day.
  • malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    edited 04.02.2017
    Great breaking news.... :)
    The US server gets our first day back to 24hrs..
    4 years of Bigfarm, 4 years of Obama...
    Atlast President Trump came and within days we get our server clock right.
    Great day for US and we won't loose anymore Pagodas, Wish lists etc.
    Along with US, LETS MAKE GGS GREAT AGAIN... <3 
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    And I'm very disappointed.

Valentine event does not start in Denmark :(

Or did BF just forget our small lovely country as part of the SKN server?
  • bim (SKN1)bim (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 41
    I am disapointet too nannsi...No Valentinesday for Denmark.....
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    edited 04.02.2017
    @nannsi (SKN1) and @bim (SKN1)

I'm going to go growl at the person who forgot to put your country's name on the list in the Official Announcement ....

But never fear, of course Valentine's day is coming to SKN1, and Denmark, also .... Valentine's Day is for everybody    <3<3

Ps.  Your event will start at Midnight CET Sat/Sun 4th/5th

Edited to correct the times
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • bim (SKN1)bim (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 41
    That sounds good... Very happy now.
    Thank you Rowdy Rac  ;)

The event may start at 9 pm PST but my computer changes over at midnight effectively changing to the next day. The only difference is instead of 6 hours for the first day now those in the PST get 3 hours. I'm guessing the last day will have the addition time as you pointed out has happened in the past. If the event does run the true 24 hour days regardless the actual local start time, then all will be as it should be. I'm planning on a short first day and an extra long last day.
    This sound strange. I would deem logical what Southern is saying, that the timing is based on server and server time. US having one server US1, same timing for everybody playing that server wherever they connect from, be it US, Japan, Canada or Chna, right? It's the server you play that determines timing. Now what you suggest Data is, that game day doesn't change based on the server you play, but based on your computer clock? That doesn't seem to make much sense. Have I missed something here?
  • proba (INT1)proba (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27
    Find a balloon.

I used to like this type of events, but lately, I have a feeling that they don't want us to finish them...
  • Hopefully @KarenKay (US1) they will do a reset on the last day to make up for the short first day for those effected by time zones west of EST. The new start time is an improvement in the right direction at least.

This sound strange. I would deem logical what Southern is saying, that the timing is based on server and server time. US having one server US1, same timing for everybody playing that server wherever they connect from, be it US, Japan, Canada or Chna, right? It's the server you play that determines timing. Now what you suggest Data is, that game day doesn't change based on the server you play, but based on your computer clock? That doesn't seem to make much sense. Have I missed something here?
    I was PST, my.time change was 9 p.m. Now in a new state it changes to new day at 10 MST., not midnight EST. and never did.  I hope the day you're right Southern. Like Data King we don't change over all at once with server, but our time on our pc.
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    10:00 MST is midnight EST.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well those of us in EST should be fine but those in other three time zones may be SOL if they are not home and johnny on the spot.  We got screwed out of 18 hr of getting rewards in CYN  enough Is enough they need to fix this  this should be a PRIORITY.
  • White _Doves (US1) said:
    I was PST, my.time change was 9 p.m. Now in a new state it changes to new day at 10 MST., not midnight EST. and never did.  I hope the day you're right Southern. Like Data King we don't change over all at once with server, but our time on our pc.
    Well those of us in EST should be fine but those in other three time zones may be SOL if they are not home and johnny on the spot.  We got screwed out of 18 hr of getting rewards in CYN  enough Is enough they need to fix this  this should be a PRIORITY.
    As Pietral said, 10pm MST is Midnight EST & so is 9pm PST - The event will start on US1 in 2 hours 18 mins (from the time of this post) whatever time that is for you locally, it will be Midnight EST & that is the same time that the event will reset each day, for everyone on the US1 server.
  • Hi all,
    Well I am US1 and at midnight, just as written, Valentine started. Clicked on the little icon and it said 10 days! I look again and time is now around 1:15 am so only a bit over an hour it started! AND task now says 9 days! So What gives? WascallyWabbit I do hope that there is a good explaination for this?

Thanks because again if I am not able to collect all of the balloons and or the gifts, cards and roses to receive the reward.....

1) I will be very disappointed

2) May consider stop doing these since it seems like I never reap the rewards that I should be receiving... (instance not receiving certain flags from Chinese New Year!)

3) Stop playing all together.  :'(

Please let me know what is going on with the server times! I am also getting frustrated since I have sent a message to support and no ANSWER! 

BTW anyone else having this problem?????

Thanks,
    Chinesedragon

• Hi all,
    Well I am US1 and at midnight, just as written, Valentine started. Clicked on the little icon and it said 10 days! I look again and time is now around 1:15 am so only a bit over an hour it started! AND task now says 9 days! So What gives? WascallyWabbit I do hope that there is a good explaination for this?
    @Chinesedragon (US1) Don't panic, that is perfectly normal for an event timer. 1 second less than 10 days it will show 9 days. If you hover your cursor over the timer you will see the exact number of hours remaining, 9 days would be 216 hours & you will have a lot more than that on there.  Some of the other hunt events also say "Day 1 of 10" but this one doesn't have that. 

The other thing you can keep an eye on is the counter that says 0/350 that should go up by 35 each day if you collect all the balloons.

Happy hunting! :)
  • Hmm, counting, time, and the calendar were developed to make things easier? ; )
    I would like to thank GGS for changing the start time of this event to Midnight EST, the same time as the Server/Daily Reset for US1.  Because of this, we now have a full 24 hour "Day 1", and do not have to worry about that short 6 hour day that we'd normally make up for at the end of the event.  Hopefully the rest of the events that rely on the daily server reset can be changed to encompass this fix as well. :)
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    I would like to thank GGS for changing the start time of this event to Midnight EST, the same time as the Server/Daily Reset for US1.  Because of this, we now have a full 24 hour "Day 1", and do not have to worry about that short 6 hour day that we'd normally make up for at the end of the event.  Hopefully the rest of the events that rely on the daily server reset can be changed to encompass this fix as well. :)

Aaahhh, I was just about to post and ask our friends in the USA whether everyone, East and West coast and everything in between, have now gotten the long-awaited and asked for full first day for their event ?

Aaahhh, I was just about to post and ask our friends in the USA whether everyone, East and West coast and everything in between, have now gotten the long-awaited and asked for full first day for their event ?
    Yes we have, and it's glorious. :)
    edited 07.02.2017
    Yes very happy with the full first day :) A big thank you to @Southern (US1) & @Kamilcom (GB1) for helping me to understand the server time and how it works.
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
  • I have to be honest - I can't begin to find some of these balloons.  I have literally dragged the mouse across the entire screens hoping my hand icon will pop up and I pity anybody who has limited eye sight because you won't be able to find them!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I have to be honest - I can't begin to find some of these balloons.  I have literally dragged the mouse across the entire screens hoping my hand icon will pop up and I pity anybody who has limited eye sight because you won't be able to find them!
    Me, too, LOL!  Lots of blue balloons on blue backgrounds.  Going over all 5 farms is a bit too much,  I've decided just to swing through each farm a couple of times and collect what I can.  I won't win the deco, but I'm having fun,  Some of those pesky devils are just barely peeping out! :)
    I have to be honest - I can't begin to find some of these balloons.  I have literally dragged the mouse across the entire screens hoping my hand icon will pop up and I pity anybody who has limited eye sight because you won't be able to find them!
    Me, too, LOL!  Lots of blue balloons on blue backgrounds.  Going over all 5 farms is a bit too much,  I've decided just to swing through each farm a couple of times and collect what I can.  I won't win the deco, but I'm having fun,  Some of those pesky devils are just barely peeping out! :)
    Count me in. Staring in the screen hoping to spot something tiny is not my idea of fun. :) Altough today I'm missing only 5 of 35 :)
Sign In to comment.