Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 31st - Player Survey, Valentine's Day Event - Discussion

Comments

• I have looked, but have seen no daily tasks on my other farms as yet. Just my horse farm, which has had a daily task for a while now. When can we/I expect to start seeing them?
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    ok I know that this is not the place to ask this since my question has nothing to do with this subject but I have no idea where to ask this or how to start a new thread (if that s even possible). I have looked through a bunch of the forums to see if I could find an answer and maybe I have looked with my eyes closed but I have not found anything.

earlier I somehow bought a decoration for 6000 gold without noticing that I did so. I never wanted to buy this decoration and I would like to know how to go about getting this mistake fixed if it is at all possible.

also if someone could explain to me where I can actually ask questions like this, that would be great too.

Don, You could contact support with this but I doubt that it will benefit you.  If you spent the gold, even accidentally, then it is not an issue with the game.  Many are trying to get them to implement a safety to prevent this happening but IMO it is built in so we will accidentally spend gold so we will buy some to replace it.  The folks at GGS have to make a living too!  There is a technical category and you should be able to start a new thread there with your question but as I say, it's not really a technical issue. Just a boo boo. Sorry for your loss. I've done it too.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I have looked, but have seen no daily tasks on my other farms as yet. Just my horse farm, which has had a daily task for a while now. When can we/I expect to start seeing them?
    It was announced that as from now on we would get 'daily quests' on our temporary island farms ... So I guess we have to wait for the next island to see the daily quests for the first time there.

They aren't talking about our regular farms; we had daily quests there too, until you reach around level 65, from then on you are supposed to be able to farm yourself.
    I have looked, but have seen no daily tasks on my other farms as yet. Just my horse farm, which has had a daily task for a while now. When can we/I expect to start seeing them?
    It was announced that as from now on we would get 'daily quests' on our temporary island farms ... So I guess we have to wait for the next island to see the daily quests for the first time there.

They aren't talking about our regular farms; we had daily quests there too, until you reach around level 65, from then on you are supposed to be able to farm yourself.

I am level 105 and still have daily tasks. Start Tractor and earn points in mission. Also Collect Bass or something else in that spot.

I am level 105 and still have daily tasks. Start Tractor and earn points in mission. Also Collect Bass or something else in that spot.
    Of course you are right Big Beck, those are the daily quests for the regular farms which we only have since a year or so; what I am talking about are the tasks on the regular farms to help you understand the farming & strategy of the game, a total different thing. Confuzzling he he he!  :D
    It's the words that confuse us oldbies, the tasks at the left side of your screen were always called TASKS and the daily quests have always been called QUESTS.

As this thread is about the very last update, the subject what they are talking about in the announcement (and what HipViolette means) is that we can expect DAILY QUESTS on our temporary island farms in the future, nót the regular farms.

Of course you are right Big Beck, those are the daily quests for the regular farms which we only have since a year or so; what I am talking about are the tasks on the regular farms to help you understand the farming & strategy of the game, a total different thing. Confuzzling he he he!  :D
    It's the words that confuse us oldbies, the tasks at the left side of your screen were always called TASKS and the daily quests have always been called QUESTS.

As this thread is about the very last update, the subject what they are talking about in the announcement (and what HipViolette means) is that we can expect DAILY QUESTS on our temporary island farms in the future, nót the regular farms.

well not as confusing as I made it. should have read it more carefully. thanks.:0
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    I wish they could do update & maintenance without it affecting our farms. Missing 2 decorations on my flower farm & approximately 300 gold.
    Other members have the same problem with decorations missing on flower farm. This stinks & is getting ridiculous. We have to start taking screen shots every day so when they do maintenance or an update we have proof of what we had. Bad way to run a game.
    missing a couple on gourmet farm as well

• opossum1 (INT1)opossum1 (INT1) Posts: 2
    edited 01.02.2017
    I still cannot get in the game. Am I the only one? Okay now i got in but from different website :)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Anyone know the estimated start of the valentine event? 

• I still cannot get in the game. Am I the only one? Okay now i got in but from different website :)

If you can't get in through the site of (Good?) Games, how do you get in?

Anyone know the estimated start of the valentine event? 

In the Portuguese Forum they mentioned in the Official Announcement:

"The update is expected to start next week!" (this was written Jan 28)
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Re: Player Survey

Last year after the survey we completed, I seem to recall a request from a couple of players to let us in on the feedback that you collected. Although one of the mods said they would ask for it, I don't recall anything from GGS other than the top bugs that we wanted fixed.
    Since some of the major issues I identified have not been addressed yet (GOLD Safeguard & Bugs Galore) I am asking again that GGS be transparent with the survey results so that we all can see what the players want and what GGS decides to do about our feedback

Instead of a survey of which no-one can verify the answers, a poll on the forum is mabye a much better tool. Then everyone can see what choices are made by players......
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 01.02.2017

Question for the MODs please:

Following yesterday's update, several players had troubles getting back to the game, which took a long time and several attempts. 

The game link (http:// etc etc) is now preceded by an info button which if clicked shows the warning "the connection to this site is not fully secure"

Same here on forum, as well as other pages which can be freely accessed. Problem is, both forum and game can only be accessed by logging in with a private password, hence there is something wrong with the way we access both (following yesterday's update)

Is there an alternative way to get to the game ?  I recall reading in one of the announcements that a new https: log in was going to be implemented, but I cant find it anymore 

I would appreciate if any MOD could shed some light on the matter. Thank you !   :)

Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
  • PCA (GB1) said:

The game link (http:// etc etc) is now preceded by an info button which if clicked shows the warning "the connection to this site is not fully secure"

So use https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/ ?
    PCA (GB1) said:

So use https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/ ?

That is the link we are using :smile:
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @PCA (GB1)

There are a number of players (from all the different servers) that have been experiencing some difficulties with logging on in the usual way since the update yesterday.  At the same time there are many players who have not experienced any problems at all, or who have had a problem with this but thankfully no longer do.

The developers have instituted a fix today (one of those that do not require down time of the servers) but since there are apparently still some players experiencing problems, they are also still looking into it.

The post regarding the change from http to https, that you refer to, is here.  
    However, that has not been implemented on the liver servers yet, so your connection to the site is indeed not yet "secure".  

We will definitely keep you all up to date on any news we receive regarding how this feature is progressing.    :)
    @Rowdy Rac

Thank you so much Rowdy, excellent info, I will pass it on to the players in our coop who are experiencing these problems, and we sure will be looking forward to the change to https

:) 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Haven't the temp farms always had daily tasks, though?

I only do the (Summer) Island Farm, so can't check right now, but I remember getting 3 random tasks every day, like "Sell 270 Summer Slushes" or "Sell 4,000 Peacocks" or whatever.. So what new ones are they talking about giving us?

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 03.02.2017
    @Southern, you are correct.  I found out that the Viking Farm was the only one that didn't have them, but mine started getting them a few days ago.  And, of course, now the horse farm has a daily quest.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Anyone know or remember how long the Valentine event lasts? Was it a week or longer?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Anyone know or remember how long the Valentine event lasts? Was it a week or longer?
    It's been 10 days in the past.
  • Could you please advise when the Valentines event will start, because, unlike the pumpkin event, I can't seem to find any flowers/balloons or whatever on my farms. Thanks!
    edited 03.02.2017
    Could you please advise when the Valentines event will start, because, unlike the pumpkin event, I can't seem to find any flowers/balloons or whatever on my farms. Thanks!
    It will start in the night of Saturday Febr 4 - Sunday Febr 5, at midnight, so 00:00 CET. This has been announced in the Official Announcement ánd is mentioned in the Dutch thread as well.

Dutch thread can be found here:  https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/31508/help-offered-for-dutch-players-hulp-aangeboden-voor-nl-spelers

EDIT: the times for start of the event changed. For CET countries it is now: Sunday night at 00:00 CET, thus from Sunday February 5th to Monday February 6th.

Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Could you please advise when the Valentines event will start, because, unlike the pumpkin event, I can't seem to find any flowers/balloons or whatever on my farms. Thanks!
    It will start in the night of Saturday Febr 4 - Sunday Febr 5, at midnight, so 00:00 CET. This has been announced in the Official Announcement ánd is mentioned in the Dutch thread as well.

Dutch thread can be found here:  https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/31508/help-offered-for-dutch-players-hulp-aangeboden-voor-nl-spelers

Good news! They changed the start time for US1 to start at Midnight EST (06:00 CET), which means we should get a full 24-hour "Day 1" instead of the usual 6-hour one. Thanks @WascallyWabbit !
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

Good news! They changed the start time for US1 to start at Midnight EST (06:00 CET), which means we should get a full 24-hour "Day 1" instead of the usual 6-hour one. Thanks @WascallyWabbit !
    Yes great if you happen to live on the east coast ;)
    What about those west ??
    Some will end up a 1 hour for their first day  :o
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @Data King (US1) Was wondering if I was the only one noticing this, I will have a mere 2 hours before the day change, and several in my coop will have only 1. 
  • Southern (US1) said:
    Yes great if you happen to live on the east coast ;)
    What about those west ??
    Some will end up a 1 hour for their first day  :o

I'm confused wouldn't the issue be the later US time zones would be shorted at the end of the event?

I am in the PST zone, so I expect to start the event at 9PM Saturday, Feb 4, when the EST zone reaches 12 midnight, CET zone reaches 6AM Sunday Feb 5.

Please correct me if I've got this wrong.

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    sense i am in est time i have a question for you guys that are not what time does your daily reset start i just always thought it started the same time for everyone for example mine is at midnight but thought some would be at 11 and so on or does everyone's reset at different times meaning your daily reset is at midnight were as it would be 1 am for me even though mine had already happened a hour before? i hope someone understands what i am asking
Sign In to comment.