Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Dev Team Responses to some Suggestions - Disscussion

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 23.01.2017
    One issue I never see brought up, (admitting I only read page 1 here.)

The whole coop membership thing is a HUGE problem.  Players are encouraged to join a coop way too early and with no consequences when they never show up, never donate, never participate, until someone boots them.    That's part 1.

Part 2...
    Then… say some really high level, big contributors up and leave.   New very young farm low level players fill their place.  The coop is now unable to complete ANYTHING!   It's basically climbed in rank and now has a crew of newbies and filling projects or anything is next to impossible.
    There is virtually no interest in spending resources which young farms don't have enough of to sign up for research for some high end flower farm thing or gourmet farm when they don't even have one yet.     
    So the coop stagnates.   Interest in the whole game slowly vanishes, except for a tiny handful of long time players.    One by one I see those eventually leave the game.

So… suggestions to add to your list of things to be ignored.
    More explanation about WHY you should join a coop and exactly what is expected.   And a penalty if you join, then do nothing.   If your booted for lack of participation, you lose resources, or downgrade buildings or something.   
    Now each coop leader could set parameters here.   Say a coop is real easy going.  Rules would state, check in at least once a week, we do a project on the first week of each month.

OR a coop might be intense.   Several projects a week and some participation is mandatory.  
    Players could decide where they fit best.   And coops wouldn't be left with a few real players and a whole lot of no shows.

As for mighty players leaving and young low levels moving in, how about projects and upgrades be based at least in part to an over all TOTAL of farm levels of all members.   
    (yea that one will give the programers a problem to work on huh?)

Please have a look at this whole thing.  It's needed fixing for a long time now.
    I hear over and over again, do not change NPNG, so who has ask for this to change?  I have never heard anyone on forum ask for it to change, the only bad I have ever heard about NPNG is the catalyst, but who cares about them.  If they are the only change good, but if not

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH, THE BEST EVENT ON HERE

Ok, kids, I'm old.  Can we PLEASE speak in FULL WORDS????? 
    What in blazes is  NPNG???????  

Best I can find, "no pain no gain."   Ok what "EVENT" is that one??????

Could be one I just ignore.  There are a lot of things on this game I just ignore.  
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    NPNG is another word for the Hard Worker event @Artmaker (GB1)
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    Artmaker the top co-ops communicate outside the game and there can arrange for continuity if a well established farm owner is finished with this game. Just saying, not something we do or advocate.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    The best work that GGS can do is make this game BUG FREE , then think about new
    NPNG is another word for the Hard Worker event @Artmaker (GB1)
    Thanks.  I NEVER in a million years would have known that.   
    As for the event, (running now,)  I could do without the spontaneous prize notes popping in my face.   If I click on it, ok. But NOT while I'm trying to harvest/plant what ever.
    Personally I only sort of try to at least plant what he's asking for.  I think only once ever did I manage to actually fill the dial.  Had to spend some gold to do it. NOT going to happen again.

Artmaker the top co-ops communicate outside the game and there can arrange for continuity if a well established farm owner is finished with this game. Just saying, not something we do or advocate.
    I'm not talking about friendships outside the game.  I'm talking about how this game is set up now.
    New players rapidly advance at first and all too quickly get the "task" to join a coop.   Many of those newbies never come back.  
    My suggestion to the developers is to fix this issue somehow.   Either REQUIRE a certain amount of donation to a coop either at the point of joining, or soon there after, or some penalty for not participating.  Something to make it more difficult to just click join, then never show up again.   It wastes everyones time.

Further… the issue of what happens to the entire team when big farm good players leave.  

case in point.  I had a group of friends contact me, wanted to join, of course I was delighted.  And wow they were players.  we advanced rapidly.  Even won one of those big coop prizes.  (ice sculpture.)
    But then they decided they wanted to start up their own.   And a few already said I didn't play as hard as they wanted.   So ok, they left.  And I'm left with a coop with research into flower farm, gourmet farm, and nothing but level 12 and under applying to join.  We can't finish even the easy projects anymore when only a couple show up every few DAYS.   getting ANY research going is a pain.  
    This needs to be fixed.   And I would imagine it's a big challenge.   

Meanwhile, chicken or egg is running now and so far it's me, one other pops in once in awhile, and pretty much no one else is doing anything.   Again it won't be finished on time.  Developing a what's the point attitude with this game.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 25.01.2017
    I'm not sure if I would want GGS to set rules for the coops -- surely it's a matter for the individual coop leaders to form their own rules as to how they want to run their coops, if they want to impose a membership fee, and to recruit in the coop section of this forum players who are on the same page, so to speak.  I'm lucky in that I landed in a very laid back, hands off coop, which is perfect for me and the way I enjoy playing the game.

• Thirtyplus (US1)Thirtyplus (US1) Posts: 190
    edited 26.01.2017

I wish to have an temporary farm without some pagan gods. For example:

Candy farm: The farm is nice, but as reward i can recive just candy palace which is in fact fortune teller sphere.

I wish candy palace or candy cake. Instead of fortune teller tenth a tenth with Candy and swets.

Wiking farm: Is a nice farm but it is a center for sun worshippers.

Island farm: Is nice place but have tiki. I like sand castle and other decorations. I liked the hous and bought several of them but now discovers that on end level thay have tiki. :-((

Can We have a decent temporaty farm with 0 pagan gods?

I wholeheartedly agree with you @ttt34 !!!  I said the same thing long ago.  It seems that the game developers seem to push pagan gods, witches, and cults on people without respect of the integrity or faith of their customers.  Sure we could just not play this game but we should have the option to just not participate in such things and there be an alternative choice for rewards if they insist on pushing those things... it is increasingly getting worse lately.  Perhaps they are trying to push those who are not into such things away.

It is a shame one can't play a game without pagan gods, cults, witches, and mysticism forced on them and thrown in your face without option... such as with the current fortune telling "zodiac astrology."  Certainly people should have an option to participate or not!  We should just be able to play a wholesome "farming" game... many people play the farming game thinking it is clean so they do not have to violate their conscience in the first place!

Respectfully...
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I am sorry but this pagan god thing just seems to me to be nit picking. While no one is certainly asking you to disregard your religious beliefs I would hope that you would understand that respecting other cultures is important also you may be hurting others feeling by your harsh words. Thirty plus how do you know that you are speaking of the majority here being Christian how disrespectful to all other religions that people have.  I am Christian and believe in love, forgiveness, tolerance,  trying to understand others not degrade them as I see you and ttt34 are here. What if I were Hawaiian I may be Christian but still honor my heritage and roots.(An example) God knows my heart nothing else matters we cannot deceive him or hide from him!  So I think a more charitable heart and open-mindedness should be your first your first priority. Respectfully D
     Certainly people should have an option to participate or not!  We should just be able to play a wholesome "farming" game... 

But you do have the option of participating or not, we all do.  
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555

Not sure if already discussed here, but we need a farm cat!

I was thinking maybe similar to doghouse idea.. have cat live in a tree (like a 4x4, that gains happiness as upgraded each level).

Feed fish (donate) to the cat to get bonus fishing xp. 

Daily quest related to daily fishing xp associated with cat.

Or, if you don't like the idea of putting a cat tree on main farm, or on each farm, have cat located near Oleg, and feed (donate) fish to cat for the extra fishing xp.

(Suggesting the fishing xp, because if it is too similar to doghouse, might be overkill on happiness bonuses. Also, fishing levels are harder to reach as you get higher levels of fishing, so this would make it a little easier to level up, as well as make it more enjoyable to participate in the new fishing update)

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    There are threads on having a farm cat of 4 years old. As I said 2 years ago already: I am totally convinced we'll get our farm cat (like we got sheep coz we asked for them, and we got a fishing feature coz we asked for them; etc.) sometime in the future - but when exactly will stay a surprise, like always!  ;)
    edited 27.01.2017
    Aahh Jiesta  exactly where are you finding these sheep uless you are talking about the sheep on temp farm which is not in my opinion really part of the game play,  are you as patient with your employer when asking for a raise?
    Post edited by Damaria3 (US1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Will we finally get that long-awaited Pigs & Donkeys project? Projects that include flower farm stuff?
  • Thirtyplus (US1)Thirtyplus (US1) Posts: 190
    edited 01.02.2017
    I am sorry but this pagan god thing just seems to me to be nit picking. While no one is certainly asking you to disregard your religious beliefs I would hope that you would understand that respecting other cultures is important also you may be hurting others feeling by your harsh words. Thirty plus how do you know that you are speaking of the majority here being Christian how disrespectful to all other religions that people have.  I am Christian and believe in love, forgiveness, tolerance,  trying to understand others not degrade them as I see you and ttt34 are here. What if I were Hawaiian I may be Christian but still honor my heritage and roots.(An example) God knows my heart nothing else matters we cannot deceive him or hide from him!  So I think a more charitable heart and open-mindedness should be your first your first priority. Respectfully D
    A Christian's priority should be to honor Christ, don't you think?  Witches, pagan gods, and the such are not cultures, they are religious in nature.  My words were not meant to be harsh, they were a request out of respect for those who do not practice those religions.  Being a Christian is more than judging one's heart to be good.  I and ttt34 were not asking people to convert to Christianity or even add Christian items (even though there is almost every other religious icon on here but Christianity) but rather not to force those religious items/rewards on people.  It is perfectly reasonable to request to have no "religious" icons (by the least an alternative).  Wiccans as well as other cults and pagan gods are religious in nature. 

This request could certainly be accomplished while honoring and respecting other cultures which I do.  It appears that cultures are somehow confused with religions.  Simply because some cultures tend to lean towards a particular religion does not make religion culture.  Most all cultures had different religions at different times.

And not to be disrespectful but I fail to see what this request has anything to do with love and forgiveness.  Of course I too believe in love, forgiveness, and reasonable tolerance.  One should not be placed in a position to compromise their conscience in the name of tolerance when it comes to playing an online game such as "farming."  Other games perhaps, but not farming.

The request was simple, and not meant to "degrade" anyone.  I am sorry if you felt degraded or offended by the request to not have to have pagan gods and other cults forced on people. 

Respectfully :)

Post edited by Thirtyplus (US1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 01.02.2017

As a farming simulation, this appears to have lost the plot of reality to what this game is supposed to represent in many respects; there are so many décor you would never see anywhere near a REAL farm, not even on a Chinese farm. :)

Oh, and where's the sheep again, just about the most common thing you would have on ANY farm?

• Rusty Farmer, True, you made a good point.

P.S. I have often thought about moving to New Zealand!  Beautiful country!

P.S.S. Your dancing looks like a lot of fun and a blast!! :)
    I agree Rusty and I think Jiesta was counting the sheep on temp farm which I discount cause not really part of our game. Thirty plus  many many Christians take their children trick r treating we don't worship the devil in doing so. I have the mindset of those are decoration nothing more sorry that you find them so offensive.
  • I'm not sure we should be blaming the developers.  Like most companies, they probably get their marching orders from the higher ups.  

But they have a saying in it.

A company works at his best if they listen to the people on the workfloor.

Without those people there is no company.

I'm not sure we should be blaming the developers.  Like most companies, they probably get their marching orders from the higher ups.  

Yep.
  • Andrew56 (AU1)Andrew56 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 879
    I'm not sure we should be blaming the developers.  Like most companies, they probably get their marching orders from the higher ups.  

Yep.
    I agree, with both of you here.  ;)
  • We players are the people on the workfloor as well, so to speak, and I don't feel that we get to be heard that much...
    I'm not sure if I would want GGS to set rules for the coops -- surely it's a matter for the individual coop leaders to form their own rules as to how they want to run their coops, if they want to impose a membership fee, and to recruit in the coop section of this forum players who are on the same page, so to speak.  I'm lucky in that I landed in a very laid back, hands off coop, which is perfect for me and the way I enjoy playing the game.

Well I have rules.  People don't read.  First rule is we speak English.  But when the apply is an automated button click with the same universal note, we don't find out they can't understand a thing till it's too late.
    Simple fix would be write your own note.   Get rid of the automated one.   Anyone not speaking English could be denied right away.   
    As for other rules, mine is pretty easy.  Simply SHOW UP once a week.   And everyone has to sign up for research.   That's all.   Easy.   Yet I boot more people than actually play.   Very frustrating for me and for the few good players waiting forever for a coop to get put together.
  • I'm confused as to why people think the candy palace is a fortune telling sphere. It looks like a DQ cone to me.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    ya i have always thought the candy palace was a snow globe with a candy palace inside  
  • ya i have always thought the candy palace was a snow globe with a candy palace inside  

I think that is because it is a candy palace with a snow globe inside. Just like the Viking farm is just a Viking farm and a tiki is just a statue. Daaaaaang people are sensitive!!!!!

Well I have rules.  People don't read.  First rule is we speak English.  But when the apply is an automated button click with the same universal note, we don't find out they can't understand a thing till it's too late.
    Simple fix would be write your own note.   Get rid of the automated one.   Anyone not speaking English could be denied right away.   
    As for other rules, mine is pretty easy.  Simply SHOW UP once a week.   And everyone has to sign up for research.   That's all.   Easy.   Yet I boot more people than actually play.   Very frustrating for me and for the few good players waiting forever for a coop to get put together.
    Frustrating, I'm sure.  Several long time players often suggest that coops who have trouble keeping/building memberships should join with other coops.  I know of several who joined forces, so to speak.  That may be an option for you.
    For the sake of clarity I will answer there is a fortune telling type of deco that you get by spinning the wheel on Candy farm that goes away when you demo it or the farm time is up.  How this can be that offensive beats me don't do the wheel so you are not offended.
  • ...Thirty plus  many many Christians take their children trick r treating we don't worship the devil in doing so. I have the mindset of those are decoration nothing more sorry that you find them so offensive.
    I am not offended as we all have our own rights to our own opinions and beliefs, just don't think they should be forced on people, myself included.  Just like some want sheep, cats, etc. I am, and others, simply requested alternative decors and that the religious themed events (with pagan gods/religions, witchcraft items, divination, etc.) not be forced on customers and have an non cult, non religious, no pagan alternative for their hard work.  Neither would I ask for Christian items to be forced on anyone either. 

You certainly have the right to think nothing of the decors/icons if you wish, or worship or not worship whatever and however you wish.  But just as you have that right to opine and offer your thoughts to the developers please respect my right to do the same.  I am not trying to take away anything from game players but only asking the game developers respect that some people don't want those pagan items pushed on them.  They can easily offer alternatives or allow people to choose to participate or not in themed cult events.

Besides, what do those religious items/icons have to do with farming anyway?   And although I appreciate your thoughts and response these things should not even be a topic on a farming game IMHO.

Damaria3 have a blessed day and happy farming! :)
Sign In to comment.