Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chinese New Year Event

Comments

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 30.01.2017
    Gerelateerde afbeelding

*runs screaming and jumps on tree*
    *whispers hoarsely* wow you guys are hunting bonus points, i dont even have happiness 60 yet.. 
  • same here Michiru.  I still have 5 not complete. I don't think I will get them all
  • Snake seems to be impossible to gain. All the other animals are ready, snake is 61% and I do play a lot. Too much actually...so gold gold gold is needed. Great event, but those snakes would have been fun to get too.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 30.01.2017

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor smiley snake

• Precious sunflower seeds = it's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs (maybe once in a while a chicken, which is actually supposed to be a rooster!)
    • Long production milkit's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs
    • Long production weatit's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs
    • Precious apple trees = it's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs
    • Precious cherry trees = it's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs
    • Precious rose seeds = it's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs (maybe once in a while a chicken, which is actually supposed to be a rooster!)

Why do so many dogs & pigs keep dropping from all my harvests while they give no more benefits (dogs and pigs don't give bonus %) above 100%?? I'd rather have some snakes & dragons, please!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor smiley dragon
  • maggie02 (INT1)maggie02 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 524
    I'm an active player in CNY event and above level 150. So far my deco has gained 92 happiness with 21 bonus. Dragon and Snake are not 100%. Drop rate of snake is very less and being a non-gold user, it seems impossible to attain 100% by end of the event. 

I hope to get a deco of minimum 166 happiness (145+21(bonus)). If snake is incomplete, then I will be left with a deco of 112 happiness. This would really be a disappointment, after all hard work for 15days. 

I'm regular for most of fireworks, used special seeds, seaweed humus & fertilizers, full production of mill, compost and silo. Still collecting 70,390 snake chips doesn't seems tough or challenging but totally unattainable!!  

Only once in a year we get to earn a remarkably high value deco, which is desirable to all. So, I would request GGS to either reduce the no: of snake chips required to get 100% or increase its drop rates. Please allow non-gold user and hard working player opportunity to win this deco and get what they deserve. This would be a good new year gift as well :):)

• Mrs M.B (GB1)Mrs M.B (GB1) GB1 Posts: 21
    Mrs M.B (GB1) said:
    Tried to report the problem, but keep getting an error message.
    @Mrs M B (GB1) This  recent notice regarding error messages on tickets should help.

You can see from other posts in this thread that Snake chips are much slower to collect than the others, so it is most likely intended behavior & not a bug.

I can understand some items taking longer to collect than others, but I had completed all 20 of the days rewards, up to the last flag, and had only gained 6% of snakes, this seems exceptionally slow.
  • Question: What happens when level up from one CNY player category to another?

Currently at Level 119. I will level up to 120 before the CNY event ends.
    This will place me in the Level 120 - 149 player category.

CYN deco is currently complete with happiness value of 48 and size of 5x5.

Will my current deco be "demoted" until I satisfy the new requirements for players at levels 120 - 149?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Question: What happens when level up from one CNY player category to another?

Currently at Level 119. I will level up to 120 before the CNY event ends.
    This will place me in the Level 120 - 149 player category.

CYN deco is currently complete with happiness value of 48 and size of 5x5.

Will my current deco be "demoted" until I satisfy the new requirements for players at levels 120 - 149?
    Good question - until you find out, you may want to quit playing until then.  It would be a shame to lose all your hard work.  Let us know what you find out.
  • @Grandma Molly (US1)  @artful (US1)  It is same as NPNG in that aspect.  Nothing will increase it is done at the level when you started.  So keep going..  :D
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @Grandma Molly (US1)  @artful (US1)  It is same as NPNG in that aspect.  Nothing will increase it is done at the level when you started.  So keep going..  :D
    Good to know.  Thanks, Byron!
  • Thank you! Probably will hold back loading the ship until I get a little more happiness for the deco.
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @Jiesta (NL1) and all the others, too numerous to list.  Keep going, mine ran in waves.  Dogs and pigs for a few fireworks sessions, then the magical day of dragons.  On 1/28 I had an unusual streak of dragons, 5 out of 10 fields, 3 out of 4 pigs, 3 out of 6 cow sheds, and on every apple orchard, (6) taking dragons from 98% up to 103.  A day later on the 29th during the 3 pm MST fireworks, (which lasted a full hour), snakes were dropping constantly, so I worked fast and furious replanting fields, running fast feed on the pigs and cows, and with all orchards, and buildings ready I had my biggest jump of 8%. That very same night I didn't think I would be able to complete the snakes, but the cherries and cow sheds spewed out enough to finish me up.  On the day we got the monkey tasks, the only thing falling were the ox.  I harvested over half the farm before I saw one single monkey.  It took two sessions to finish the monkeys.

I'm only able to be on for 2 fireworks sessions a day, but at those times I make sure to have everything at full harvest ready to go.  I did not use the wheel and from talking to those that did, though they most definitely got that chip, it was the reduced amount not the highest available.  So yes, I left it to chance and it worked out. So again, I encourage you, keep on going, the wave of the dragon or snake is just one fireworks session away so don't miss it 
    :) 

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Thank you! Probably will hold back loading the ship until I get a little more happiness for the deco.
    I don't think you'll have to hold off loading the ship. What you do with the harvests you get is up to you as long as you're harvesting you will get chips so why not fill the ship/boat ;)
    Anyone knows how long the duration of the fireworks of 03.30 CET were? I couldn't get my lazy body out of bed in time this night!  :p 

THX!
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 31.01.2017
    Hm, somebody getting up at night for every FW? That tells volumes. :):):)

No need to be saracastic, u asked for strategy and I gave u a few "simple" ones. Why would I come out and reveal my main strategies to people outside my own coop, especially ones that are too busy scientifically examining every aspect of an event in "a game"? You seem to have it all figured out anyway (apparently) so why bother.

Now to another question, recently achieved full completion on the decoration assuming the total bonus happiness was 30. Mine is now at 32, does the max bonus happiness value end at 35?
    Sorry mate, but I never asked you for strategies, much less for simple ones. I asked why you thnk CNY is one of the ONLY two "strategical" events. :) Verify that by rereading my orginal post again. Thanks. :)

edited 31.01.2017
    Believe you me Kamilcom - on the German/French/Portuguese/Italian forum many did during the first 5-6 days - that's where I got my time schedule from (filled up with) - but it seems they are getting too sleepy now too  :p;)
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 31.01.2017

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor smiley snake

• Precious sunflower seeds = it's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs (maybe once in a while a chicken, which is actually supposed to be a rooster!)
    • Long production milk = it's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs
    • Long production weat = it's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs
    • Precious apple trees = it's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs
    • Precious cherry trees = it's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs
    • Precious rose seeds = it's raining cats (sorry, pigs) and dogs (maybe once in a while a chicken, which is actually supposed to be a rooster!)

Why do so many dogs & pigs keep dropping from all my harvests while they give no more benefits (dogs and pigs don't give bonus %) above 100%?? I'd rather have some snakes & dragons, please!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor smiley dragon
    Jiesta, can't help with the dragon, but for a snake, maybe you can try with some frogs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2si_uR9MR8

Thanks @aaabbb1 (INT1)  that cracked me up!! Snakes still not dropping sufficiently, but at least I am back in a good mood!! 
    @Jiesta (NL1) and all the others, too numerous to list.  Keep going, mine ran in waves.  Dogs and pigs for a few fireworks sessions, then the magical day of dragons.  On 1/28 I had an unusual streak of dragons, 5 out of 10 fields, 3 out of 4 pigs, 3 out of 6 cow sheds, and on every apple orchard, (6) taking dragons from 98% up to 103.  A day later on the 29th during the 3 pm MST fireworks, (which lasted a full hour), snakes were dropping constantly, so I worked fast and furious replanting fields, running fast feed on the pigs and cows, and with all orchards, and buildings ready I had my biggest jump of 8%. That very same night I didn't think I would be able to complete the snakes, but the cherries and cow sheds spewed out enough to finish me up.  On the day we got the monkey tasks, the only thing falling were the ox.  I harvested over half the farm before I saw one single monkey.  It took two sessions to finish the monkeys.

I'm only able to be on for 2 fireworks sessions a day, but at those times I make sure to have everything at full harvest ready to go.  I did not use the wheel and from talking to those that did, though they most definitely got that chip, it was the reduced amount not the highest available.  So yes, I left it to chance and it worked out. So again, I encourage you, keep on going, the wave of the dragon or snake is just one fireworks session away so don't miss it 
    :) 
    I'm using you for comparison again, if you don't mind. Comparing lucky one (you) with unlucky one (me) :) Day 11, more then two thirds into the event, my Snake is 55 %. Last days I've been watching especially big harvests every time to see if I get what needed (Snake, Dragon and daily). Strangely Snakes always start dropping only after all big harvests are done and I'm back to short term goodies. In absolute Snake numbers I'm about 5 000 drops behind Dragon, the last one I can compare it to. With this drop luck and same play devotion I'm bound to end at about 80 %. I would now need to be extremely lucky, dropping a lot of snakes from Cherries, full Cows etc in next 4 days just to catch up with that 5 000 drops loss, much more to make it to the end. :) 5 000 catch up is a big difference. More then 10 best FW harvests (Cherry).

I still could have made it if I was those about 20 % on the plus side instead of on minus side. Or if Snakes drops were just average and I played a bit more. :) But it's not likely for me to put too much effort into 15 days long event where luck rules from day one to thie end, where I can't do much to calculate results beforehand and the only tools I have is to intervene by investing more time and more resources to beat the bad luck. :)

Now the luck based didn't bother me so much at the start where all 12 signs were needed. Till size reduction was done it was pretty much ok. But as we approach the finish line and focuss on big happiness giving signs, when around 3 fourth or more of drops are useless by design anyway, good or bad luck is all the more visible and potentially frustrating. :) I think it's probably the silliest part of the event - this ending where you wait for one or two specific signs to drop, you need a huge amount of them, and they keep avoiding big droppers. :)
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    dog and pig are pointless after 100% it would seem (i presume they dont factor into the extra happiness) but the other drops you say 'two thirds of drops are pointless' arent if you manage to complete the deco, they contribute to extra happiness points and a significant number can be acrued on top of the finished deco
    dog and pig are pointless after 100% it would seem (i presume they dont factor into the extra happiness) but the other drops you say 'two thirds of drops are pointless' arent if you manage to complete the deco, they contribute to extra happiness points and a significant number can be acrued on top of the finished deco
    Correct .... but if you don't finish ALL zodiacs, the extra bonus % won't count at all!   :(
    Depends how the bonus happiness algorithm is programmed. By the time we finished pig (and before fnishng tiger), previous 6 hap chips (ox, rat, horse, goat, monkey, rooster) seem to had already reached their bonus limit and stopped adding to it. So at that moment we already had two thirds (8 out of 12) drops pointless by design, not influencing anything. More bonus was added after tiger was completed. As you progress with more sgns finished which potentially one by one also cease adding to bonus happiness, the proportion of pointless drops get's even higher then 2 thirds. To be absolutely precise we would need to know that algorithm I mentioned to find out if there really is ceiling for bonus or if it just slows down to increase not noticeable. If the latter is is the case, then I might need to change my wording to "nearly pointless" to satisfy perfectionists, but the core practical implication would stay the same anyway.

Note: It also might be that first 6 add tiny "latent" bonus after the bonus rise stopped whch is only applied after one of the higher (Tiger etc.) chips is finished. I don't know what algorithm they used but even this variaton is not likely to render my statement completelly incorrect when judged from practical point of view. :)
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    i completed the deco a few days ago, my extra happiness is still building, albeit very slowly; my individual icons are still increasing percentage wise

of course i have no idea how they crunch the numbers exactly to add the extra happiness but im presuming they're still counting all icons that are adding a percentage increase (or maybe simply icons acrued in total, regardless whether they are adding a percentage increase)

i did think it was capped at one point but as i added another point of bonus happiness yesterday, mine clearly isnt yet or wasnt at that point
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Really? Word games now? The sarcasm continues. You wanted to know why I thought this event was one of 2 that was strategical so I gave u some examples of strategies that I used this time round. Sorry if it isn't up to your high standards but last time I checked it worked for me. You claim luck luck luck but I made my own luck by having high dropping seeds and stables ready for every firework booster which is why i've been sitting back relaxing the last few days with a fully completed decoration. Maybe if u actually farmed instead of wasting time in forums scientifically examining animal zodiac drops and playing word games with ppl u may get full completion on the decoration. Goodluck
  • I don't think that the fireworks at 11:30 were working for me because I was getting 2 of a certain type of sign for an alfalfa harvest.  The normal was 18. 

• The 8-30am CET time for fireworks for me, was very, very short.  Other members of my co-op had about 37 minutes of fireworks.  I had about a quarter of that time.

Why did my fireworks disappear so soon? 

Bug perhaps?
  • @luckybear (US1) 2 would indeed be a strange number if they are tripled, which animal was it & are you 100% sure that the fireworks had not just finished as you clicked to harvest?
  • If this helps anyone, I'm level 78, completed the deco for 106 happiness, and have 24 bonus happiness. There's still room in the bonus happiness bubble, but like others, seems to have stopped moving so not sure if it's 1: maxed out, 2: just takes a ton of chips to get it to move (face it, we've all finished the mouse and horse 5x over and that blue semi-circle around them never seems to grow anymore), or 3: if you have to finish the daily activity challenge to get it to grow more.

Only reason I threw in 3 is because even though that *shouldn't* be the case, I've seemed to get more bonus happiness after they were completed. Could be (and probably is) just coincidence. Correlation doesn't prove causation.

edited 01.02.2017
    Several of us think (and getting more and more sure of it) the cap must be: 34 in bonuses

Friend of mine has level 214 and got stuck for days on 179 = 179 satisfaction => 145 points and 34 in bonuses.

No confirmation so far (as GGS likes surprises ;) ) but we do hear of more and more players who seem to get stuck on 34 bonus.

EDIT:
    @ijrosh (US1) Your and our answer is here! To be found in the latest Mod's News Bulletin:

[... CNY Event Max Possible Bonus Happiness
    Several of you have asked about this and it is the same calculation as last year:

10 HP + (HP from each zodiac animal + 25% of that value)
    Example: 10 + 135 + (25% of 135) = 178.75 = 179 ...]
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • For the 16:30 CET fireworks today on my International server farm the timer gave me 15 minutes but on the English server the timer was for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes on the English server the timer was still counting down but no extra chips. So do we now have to guess how long the boosters will last? 
Sign In to comment.