Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chinese New Year Event

Comments

• Had nearly 40 minutes showing on timer so planted 6 fields of roses, less than 15 minutes later fireworks disappeared. I feel so cheated.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Had nearly 40 minutes showing on timer so planted 6 fields of roses, less than 15 minutes later fireworks disappeared. I feel so cheated.
    That happened last night, too.  I planted various things and started a timed feed to harvest before the timer ran out, and poof!  Timer disappeared.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 24.01.2017
    @Kamilcom (GB1)  The drop rate is definitely different.  Take a look based on your level, of the signs needed for each. For me I need 70,390 snake and the drops are few and far between, hence the push to spin or use gold, but I've done neither and won't.  Whereas I only needed 14390 of the dog and that's at 100% already.  Rat was just 3890 so that's the one I get the most of  :) 
    I used data from my game and from Crazy Fan Site to calculate drop rate. Six signs are finished so I could only use remaining 6 for comparison. Conclusion is that the drop rate is fundamentaly the same. The difference in my case betwen lowest and highest absolute amount collected is about 20 % of average but given there are several random factors involved and 3 days data pool is probably not large enough for precision statistics it can be considered well within random fluctuation limits. Dragon and Snake actually have the highest absolute drop from remaining 6 in my case. Any seeming difference in drops is probably just short term random variation or a bug. It's total amounts to be collected which are different, but not the drop rate. Hope it makes sense. :)
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • KarenKay  Task 8
  • how do you know how much animals you need in total.

Is there a formula?

• FIREWORKS  at 23:20 CET (coz GGS is in Europe) for 25 minutes. If your timer shows more, just refresh/reload your game...

It started out at 50 minutes.

But i think, they did not wanted it to end the next day, so they cut the time in half.

• Boer harmsen (NL1)Boer harmsen (NL1) Posts: 72
    edited 24.01.2017
    FIREWORKS  at 23:20 CET (coz GGS is in Europe) for 25 minutes. If your timer shows more, just refresh/reload your game...

It started out at 50 minutes.

But i think, they did not wanted it to end the next day, so they cut the time in half.

And if i Always have to refresh when GGS starts something, than please stop start the things that do not work.

Fix the timers, bugs and clocks. And make sure everybody gets theire stuff for what they paid for.

Edited to combine 2 consecutive posts, please use the EDIT button if you'd like to add to your immediately preceding comment.

Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • I am finding the same thing day one ended in a few hours then you have to wait another day to collect again but the counter was not moving you say three days all chips and I say 1 day and then chips not counting at all. stupid quest.
    edited 24.01.2017

how do you know how much animals you need in total.

Is there a formula?

Total amounts needed for different levels and signs are on Crazy Fan Site:

http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/annual/chinese_new_year/chinese_new_year.htm

I ment "average" (statistical mean), didn't express myself properly.

Using total amounts from Crazy and my collected percentage I calculated rough absolute numbers of how many chips I collected so far for each unfinished sign. Took average from these values, took the difference between lowest and highest amounts collected, calculated how many percent this is of average value.

The precentage is not really important. It's all just to check if there is a disbalance in drop rate for individual signs, which I believe is not, based on the data I have. In other words each sign seems to have the same chance to drop in long run. 
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    ok i just harvested 7 fields of cabbage and 5 of them gave me 7 of i do not rember which signs and the other 2 gave me 11 of the signs is this why the snakes are so hard are we getting less of them when we harvest something then the other ones? or is it just random how many of what sign you will get depending on the item collected? 
    edited 24.01.2017
    @ijrosh (US1) Each crop/product etc has defined drop amount as usual. In this case there are 2 values, lower with higher chance as we know it from other events. Corn for ecample has 2 and 4, fast pig 3 and 7 etc.

Which sign drops seems to be random with potencially equal chances in the long run. :)  Snakes are hard cause they have by far the biggest total amount to be collected so with equal chances it takes much longer then other signs. It's done this way on purpose. To provide some easy tasks for everybody, some mid tasks for those a bit more diligent, and some crazy tasks for total addicts and hard core nut cases. :)

EDIT to add: Notice also that the easiest 6 signs provide all parts of deco (complete deco), 7 and 8 reduce the size, last 4 provide massive increase in happiness for extra effort. Imo very well arranged and designed progress this time taking into account our comments from 2016 version.
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    I used data from my game and from Crazy Fan Site to calculate drop rate. Six signs are finished so I could only use remaining 6 for comparison. Conclusion is that the drop rate is fundamentaly the same. The difference in my case betwen lowest and highest absolute amount collected is about 20 % of average but given there are several random factors involved and 3 days data pool is probably not large enough for precision statistics it can be considered well within random fluctuation limits. Dragon and Snake actually have the highest absolute drop from remaining 6 in my case. Any seeming difference in drops is probably just short term random variation or a bug. It's total amounts to be collected which are different, but not the drop rate. Hope it makes sense. :) 
    I'm not finding that to be true on my farm.  On the hour long fireworks I tracked the following:  I have 10 plots that I planted corn on for 11 harvests, of the 110 chips collected over that hour period of time, I received 1 snake, just 1.  17 rats, 14 horses, 15 ox, 13 goat, 6 tiger, 14 monkey, 5 rabbit, 8 rooster, 2 dragon, 8 dog, 1 snake, and 7 pigs.  With 11 separate harvests, if the drop rates were identical for all signs, I shouldn't see this much of a disparity between rats and snakes.  I haven't tracked, but over the course of a shorter fireworks session, it appeared that the chicken coops had a higher occurrence of dropping a snake than any of the other products.  

During this last fireworks a few minutes ago, I had planted my two highest fields with sunflowers, the first one I harvested was a snake, lol, lots of chips, woohoo!   Guess that more than makes up for earlier in the day.   :)

Perhaps it all equals out over a 24 hour period, ;)   
  • Chinese Event booster is coming rate is higher at night when most of player are not online. Frequency should be similar and time limit must be similar. DAy time hardly getting and night time its coming frequently. Is it Fair?????????
  • Luck lol, its not about luck its about catching the booster and harvesting then you complete levels.
    Or (get this) you could use gold to skip production to get the cards you need. Really use gold, do players do that. Some are so naive and spending too much time hugging trees 
    I'm not finding that to be true on my farm.  On the hour long fireworks I tracked the following:  I have 10 plots that I planted corn on for 11 harvests, of the 110 chips collected over that hour period of time, I received 1 snake, just 1.  17 rats, 14 horses, 15 ox, 13 goat, 6 tiger, 14 monkey, 5 rabbit, 8 rooster, 2 dragon, 8 dog, 1 snake, and 7 pigs.  With 11 separate harvests, if the drop rates were identical for all signs, I shouldn't see this much of a disparity between rats and snakes.  I haven't tracked, but over the course of a shorter fireworks session, it appeared that the chicken coops had a higher occurrence of dropping a snake than any of the other products.  

During this last fireworks a few minutes ago, I had planted my two highest fields with sunflowers, the first one I harvested was a snake, lol, lots of chips, woohoo!   Guess that more than makes up for earlier in the day.   :)

Perhaps it all equals out over a 24 hour period, ;)   
    You basically answered yourself with the last sentence. That's the problem of statistics and of random or pseudo-random events. You need much larger data pool to get some representative results. I used 3 days data and the drops are much more evenly distributed. The more data you have the the more it tends to smooth out the differences, while any individual short sample may be totaly off the mark. I often "saw" that specific chip I needed was not dropping often enough at the watched period (even 24 hours is not long enough). Then they might drop a lot more whan you're not noticing. That's why I did the calculation on the whole 3 day sample.

If you think about the whole, not your isolated corn sample, the variability is much greater. We have different items most with two values of drops, harvested with very different frequency based on "grow" time, with different percentage of boosted and non-boosted harvessts, all governed by probably poorly designed random engine. If you also take into account the huge difference between smallest and biggest possible dropped amount, then it shouldn't surprise that any small sample may be very unevenly distibuted.

edited 24.01.2017

Warning !!!

Don't open spoilers if you don't want to know times of fireworks !!!
    If you preffer wasting your life staring for hours in the screen wating for fireworks don't read on !!!

:D  B)   o:)  B)   :D

Watch this !!!

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3374767/#Comment_3374767

11:45 CET
    21:00 CET
    23:30 CET
    02:15 CET
    08:45 CET

Love you @WascallyWabbit :)

Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Such a pity they mention all the fireworks for the coming 24 hours now ... This takes all the challenge out of the game, bummer. Well I guess everybody who prefers a very easy game is happy now; the deco is obtainable within 1 day now without any great efforts. So this is great for you folks, and I am happy for you! 

edited 24.01.2017
    It truly is a challenge to be asked to be chained to computer for hours and stare into the screen wasting your life to catch FW. :) Challenge for sound mind and challenge for common sense. :) No intelectual challenge involved whatsoever. Just time waster or luck bound. I'll be very happy to pass any such challenge favouring greater values. Thanks GGS that you did something also for players who have life outside the game and don't want to play 24/7. :)
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    thanks for posting the times, my stuff would have sat there waiting to harvest all day otherwise!
  • Such a pity they mention all the fireworks for the coming 24 hours now ... This takes all the challenge out of the game, bummer. Well I guess everybody who prefers a very easy game is happy now; the deco is obtainable within 1 day now without any great efforts. So this is great for you folks, and I am happy for you! 

So, you're snake is complete.

Most people have to work during the day and now they have a chance to complete the decoration.

But i am sure there are not many people who will finish the snake, because the forum is exploding about that zodiac.

• NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I am disabled and DO spend most of my time at my computer. I do well at the hard worker event because I can keep it going non-stop most of the time. I have already finished 6 of the animals, since I am collecting steadily and have made good use of the fireworks.

Even with all that working in my favor, I seriously doubt that I can finish the snakes. The quantity needed is way too high. Big Farm needs to lower that number or only the wealthy people with loads of gold will be able to do it.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I must agree with @NormaHelen (US1)

I am retired and have plenty of time to play with a well established production main farm, yet my snakes are only 16%.  You must get all animal/zodiac signs to 100% before you can unlock the bonus bars and I do not see this happening.
  • I am without work this week, and hope to start next week.

But that will make a serious difference in my zodiacs.

So i am glad to have a little help, thanx to the fire works.

If you do not want to now the time of the fireworks, stop looking for it on the forum.

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I must agree with @NormaHelen (US1)

I am retired and have plenty of time to play with a well established production main farm, yet my snakes are only 16%.  You must get all animal/zodiac signs to 100% before you can unlock the bonus bars and I do not see this happening.
    I know what you mean CBF - the snake & dragon don't drop very often! I don't have much time to play, can't certainly play all day, so I will be glad with just the deco completed, without even that much extra happiness as it looks now. A challenge to see how far one can come without using gold (well; at least I am not going to use gold, others can if they want of course)... I will be happy with what I can achieve within my possibilities, it's the achievement that counts for me ;), loved the challenge in not knowing when the fireworks would come - but, as said before, I know others will be very happy with it! Very proud of my Fire Monkey of last year's event, am sure I will be proud of my Rooster deco too.

Happy farming! :)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Good addition posting fireworks times, hope it continues for the duration of CNY.  The "challenge" of completion is irrelevant to those that have to work during this event because we simply don't have time to stare at the screen for hours waiting for the booster. For those that want a challenge don't look at the times in forums and continue waiting, my time is better spent cooking, relaxing between work shifts and perhaps sleeping, stuff we do in real life  :D
    edited 24.01.2017
    it is possible to have it all done and not use any gold this is the message a coop member sent me if i can get it to post in here right 
    Here is an attached picture at the 11d 2h mark of the deco I made using only special items, timing, cash on ALOT of rolls to get the zodiac I needed and using special seeds/event seeds during every fireworks. I also only used wet feed for the most part in animal pens. I also used the best # of feeds to get the maximum zodiacs on the mill. For example 40 feed produced 19 zodiacs as did 80 feed, so I ran the smaller batches. but she is a level 44 

Screenshot 832png
    edited 25.01.2017

And again, loss of time.

A WARNING TO EVERYBODY.

It seems when the clock starts one day and the timer is supposed to end the next day, you can be sure that you WILL loose time.

So timers taht starts Monday and ends Tuesday, will be shortened.

Posts Merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • alc127 (US1)alc127 (US1) Posts: 7
    edited 27.01.2017
    The disparity of the tiles is making this event non-enjoyable.
    Rat and Ox are at 105%
    Horse, Monkey, Goat are at 104 %
    Tiger 25% (not bad)
    Dragon 12%
    Snake 4%

Oh well, plant for experience then dismantle with the landscaper.

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
    edited 27.01.2017
    <Profanity removed>

Everybody has big plans for this day.

Day of the snake

And than they throw in a day of collecting al chips

Realy, bann me from playing, <Profanity removed>

a lot*

i expect that nobody did see this coming.

Collecting all zodiacs

I thought this would be after the snake.

I am very dissapointed in GGS..

I am really <Profanity removed>

Why after 5 zodiacs ( you have 12) you throw in this <Profanity removed>

Do it after 6 or at the end of the game. when you are at 6 you are halfway.

this is just  <Profanity removed> up everybody's plan and it does not make you any friends.

The disparity of the tiles is making this event non-enjoyable.
    Rat and Ox are at 105%
    Horse, Monkey, Goat are at 104 %
    Tiger 25% (not bad)
    Dragon 12%
    Snake 4%

Oh well, plant for experience then dismantle with the landscaper.

Absolutely agree

everybody should demolish it.

At the end you will get "buy 5% extra for 1000 gold" and you wil need more then just 5%

be reallistic and just stop with this event.

It is just asking for gold at the end.

[8 posts merged - Please use the EDIT button & do not do multiple consecutive posts & watch your language, thankyou | Wabbit]

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
    someone in my coop has been finished with the event for a couple days now and she has a 18 in the blue bar for the unlocked extra happiness but she says it has not moved in a wile so was wondering if anyone knows the cap on it or if anyone has higher then 18
Sign In to comment.