Home Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Dev Team Responses to some Suggestions - Disscussion

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I hear over and over again, do not change NPNG, so who has ask for this to change?  I have never heard anyone on forum ask for it to change, the only bad I have ever heard about NPNG is the catalyst, but who cares about them.  If they are the only change good, but if not

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH, THE BEST EVENT ON HERE

Ok, kids, I'm old.  Can we PLEASE speak in FULL WORDS????? 
    What in blazes is  NPNG???????  

Best I can find, "no pain no gain."   Ok what "EVENT" is that one??????

Could be one I just ignore.  There are a lot of things on this game I just ignore.  
    See what I do when not playing silly games.
    http://ArtmakersWorlds.com
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    NPNG is another word for the Hard Worker event @Artmaker (GB1)

Find up-to-date Big Farm information, guides and much more here at https://crazybigfarm.net
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    Artmaker the top co-ops communicate outside the game and there can arrange for continuity if a well established farm owner is finished with this game. Just saying, not something we do or advocate.
    musicdoc @ us 1
    NPNG is another word for the Hard Worker event @Artmaker (GB1)
    Thanks.  I NEVER in a million years would have known that.   
    As for the event, (running now,)  I could do without the spontaneous prize notes popping in my face.   If I click on it, ok. But NOT while I'm trying to harvest/plant what ever.
    Personally I only sort of try to at least plant what he's asking for.  I think only once ever did I manage to actually fill the dial.  Had to spend some gold to do it. NOT going to happen again.

Artmaker the top co-ops communicate outside the game and there can arrange for continuity if a well established farm owner is finished with this game. Just saying, not something we do or advocate.
    I'm not talking about friendships outside the game.  I'm talking about how this game is set up now.
    New players rapidly advance at first and all too quickly get the "task" to join a coop.   Many of those newbies never come back.  
    My suggestion to the developers is to fix this issue somehow.   Either REQUIRE a certain amount of donation to a coop either at the point of joining, or soon there after, or some penalty for not participating.  Something to make it more difficult to just click join, then never show up again.   It wastes everyones time.

Further… the issue of what happens to the entire team when big farm good players leave.  

case in point.  I had a group of friends contact me, wanted to join, of course I was delighted.  And wow they were players.  we advanced rapidly.  Even won one of those big coop prizes.  (ice sculpture.)
    But then they decided they wanted to start up their own.   And a few already said I didn't play as hard as they wanted.   So ok, they left.  And I'm left with a coop with research into flower farm, gourmet farm, and nothing but level 12 and under applying to join.  We can't finish even the easy projects anymore when only a couple show up every few DAYS.   getting ANY research going is a pain.  
    This needs to be fixed.   And I would imagine it's a big challenge.   

Meanwhile, chicken or egg is running now and so far it's me, one other pops in once in awhile, and pretty much no one else is doing anything.   Again it won't be finished on time.  Developing a what's the point attitude with this game.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,469
     Certainly people should have an option to participate or not!  We should just be able to play a wholesome "farming" game... 

But you do have the option of participating or not, we all do.  

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    There are threads on having a farm cat of 4 years old. As I said 2 years ago already: I am totally convinced we'll get our farm cat (like we got sheep coz we asked for them, and we got a fishing feature coz we asked for them; etc.) sometime in the future - but when exactly will stay a surprise, like always!  ;)

Sig designed by farmerjohn 22 (US1). THX!!

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,681
    Will we finally get that long-awaited Pigs & Donkeys project? Projects that include flower farm stuff?
  • Rusty Farmer, True, you made a good point.

P.S. I have often thought about moving to New Zealand!  Beautiful country!

P.S.S. Your dancing looks like a lot of fun and a blast!! :)
    + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
    ~  Christian Fun  ~  cooperative
    Join our coop for clean, drama-free, farming fun, and Christian fellowship!
    Message Thirtyplus about joining and/or questions.
    + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I agree Rusty and I think Jiesta was counting the sheep on temp farm which I discount cause not really part of our game. Thirty plus  many many Christians take their children trick r treating we don't worship the devil in doing so. I have the mindset of those are decoration nothing more sorry that you find them so offensive.
  • I'm not sure we should be blaming the developers.  Like most companies, they probably get their marching orders from the higher ups.  

But they have a saying in it.

A company works at his best if they listen to the people on the workfloor.

Without those people there is no company.

Boer harmsen @ nl 1
    I'm not sure we should be blaming the developers.  Like most companies, they probably get their marching orders from the higher ups.  

Yep.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• Andrew56 (AU1)Andrew56 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 879
    I'm not sure we should be blaming the developers.  Like most companies, they probably get their marching orders from the higher ups.  

Yep.
    I agree, with both of you here.  ;)

Can GGS be trusted?   -They have been doing much better of late, but still no gold lock!  Which was promised for us last year.

• We players are the people on the workfloor as well, so to speak, and I don't feel that we get to be heard that much...
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." - Noam Chomsky
    "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." - Albert Einstein

I'm not sure if I would want GGS to set rules for the coops -- surely it's a matter for the individual coop leaders to form their own rules as to how they want to run their coops, if they want to impose a membership fee, and to recruit in the coop section of this forum players who are on the same page, so to speak.  I'm lucky in that I landed in a very laid back, hands off coop, which is perfect for me and the way I enjoy playing the game.

Well I have rules.  People don't read.  First rule is we speak English.  But when the apply is an automated button click with the same universal note, we don't find out they can't understand a thing till it's too late.
    Simple fix would be write your own note.   Get rid of the automated one.   Anyone not speaking English could be denied right away.   
    As for other rules, mine is pretty easy.  Simply SHOW UP once a week.   And everyone has to sign up for research.   That's all.   Easy.   Yet I boot more people than actually play.   Very frustrating for me and for the few good players waiting forever for a coop to get put together.
  • I'm confused as to why people think the candy palace is a fortune telling sphere. It looks like a DQ cone to me.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    ya i have always thought the candy palace was a snow globe with a candy palace inside  
    ijrosh @ us 1
  • ya i have always thought the candy palace was a snow globe with a candy palace inside  

I think that is because it is a candy palace with a snow globe inside. Just like the Viking farm is just a Viking farm and a tiki is just a statue. Daaaaaang people are sensitive!!!!!
    I'm not sure if I would want GGS to set rules for the coops -- surely it's a matter for the individual coop leaders to form their own rules as to how they want to run their coops, if they want to impose a membership fee, and to recruit in the coop section of this forum players who are on the same page, so to speak.  I'm lucky in that I landed in a very laid back, hands off coop, which is perfect for me and the way I enjoy playing the game.

Well I have rules.  People don't read.  First rule is we speak English.  But when the apply is an automated button click with the same universal note, we don't find out they can't understand a thing till it's too late.
    Simple fix would be write your own note.   Get rid of the automated one.   Anyone not speaking English could be denied right away.   
    As for other rules, mine is pretty easy.  Simply SHOW UP once a week.   And everyone has to sign up for research.   That's all.   Easy.   Yet I boot more people than actually play.   Very frustrating for me and for the few good players waiting forever for a coop to get put together.
    Frustrating, I'm sure.  Several long time players often suggest that coops who have trouble keeping/building memberships should join with other coops.  I know of several who joined forces, so to speak.  That may be an option for you.

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    For the sake of clarity I will answer there is a fortune telling type of deco that you get by spinning the wheel on Candy farm that goes away when you demo it or the farm time is up.  How this can be that offensive beats me don't do the wheel so you are not offended.
Sign In to comment.