Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Dev Team Responses to some Suggestions - Disscussion

Comments

• chir (SKN1)chir (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1
    Hi every one!
    Just wanted to say that we are many in the Nordic server that is very unhappy and upset about the small prizes to get out of it, in kooperativts championship (CC)
    We can not manage to fill our store with special seeds, after a championship without that we have to use gold, to be ready for the next championship.
    It has become too stressed and there is not much fun at the game more.
    We are many who boycoter next championship, in hopes of improvement!

Greetings from Brizacobra leader
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    I see post after post asking for the CC to be once a month ... where are all these people that want it twice a month??

PLEASE GGS, listen to us .. we want the CC once a month!!
  • bdj (US1)bdj (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    Hello. I personally only want the CC to be 1 time a month closely to the same day every month. That way we will have time to catch up on making the special seeds from all the plants. It is very hard for a new person to accumulate these seeds for the CC when they are all used up the first day of the challenge. Also for those who work all day and do not have access to the game like the full time players. 
  • Hope your listening to our concerns. Once a month CC is plenty. I know its a big way for you to make a lot of money, but from our end, its just too much. With the intro of the coop village, that will give us plenty of additional places to spend gold, like you enjoy us doing. So please, once per month and make it the same starting time. I work during the week , so I'm not there to help my team mates
  • Great posts by @amandaps (INT1)  & @Jiesta (NL1) I do think we often forget that we do not always represent the views of all BF players, even if we all agree with each other on this forum & I have even seen posts on this forum before speaking about situations on particular servers that are nothing like what I see on the server that I play on, from how the players treat each other, to how easy or difficult certain events are (due to the number of players on the server). Opinions vary over the most simple things, such as the WoF, where one server would require you spend 100s of tokens & others a fraction of the amount.

The only items on the list that I feel strongly about, are 2,3,6,8 & 9:

2) I don`t think it is necessary to be able to move decos between farms as a general rule, but there are occasions where it would be nice to move a deco just once, because its been built on the wrong farm & is not one that can be easily gotten again. I like the suggestion of using Greta in some way to do that.
    3) I absolutely agree with everyone that has said the HWE should not be changed in any way!!
    6) I do think GGS has done a good job at fixing some of the places where the biggest gold losses were happening, such as accidental upgrades. With the new land we have now, they need to address accidental land buying & though I do feel a lot of accidental speedups are our own faults, it still hurts if its an expensive one. I saw someone suggest moving the speedup button to 12 o'clock on the ring menu & that sounds like a simple change that could be effective.
    8) Coops, especially very large ones, lose a lot of collectibles due to the current tree watering system, this definately needs to be fixed.
    9) I agree that "stacking up" boosters would not be good (though it would be fun lol) but I still think there needs to be a way to delay the start of a booster that comes from a mystery box etc. Maybe when it 1st pops-up we could have a choice to start it now or delay it for a few hours, not indefinately.

I also agree with Jiesta that the nit-picking & name-calling has to stop, you can disagree with someone`s idea without calling it stupid, I am so tired of seeing the same rude, people putting everyone else down, no wonder so many people don`t post on the forums when they come here & see people being treated like that for having an opinion.You are not only stopping new people from joining the forum, you are driving away others that have had enough of your constant derogatory comments.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 15.01.2017
    What nit-picking and name calling are you referring to?  Comments in this thread have been entirely respectful and polite .   Surely people are entitled to disagree.
  • What nit-picking and name calling are you referring to?  Comments in this thread have been entirely respectful and polite .   Surely people are entitled to disagree.
     @artful (US1)   I was referring to Jiesta's post, it wasn`t about this thread it was about the forum in general. I totally agree with you about this thread, it is a pleasure to read, that is why I would like to see a lot more like it.
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    If the Devs can remove the maximum buy button so people don't use up all of their money or gold in one go then why can't they put in a button for "are you sure" regarding spending gold????

How hard is it to put in a button for that?  It certainly wasn't hard to remove one!!!!

C'mon guys, if you can do it one way surely you can do it the other way as well.
  • @amandaps (INT1)  I am very high level farm (level 318) and been playing for way over 3 year and I live here on forum.  I also post.  The reason most high level players I have spoken to do not even come on forum, is they are sick of GGS not listening to them and totally ignoring them, this is why you do not see too many high level players on here, giving their opinion.  I know they do not listen to ANYTHING I have requested.

Hi every one!
    Just wanted to say that we are many in the Nordic server that is very unhappy and upset about the small prizes to get out of it, in kooperativts championship (CC)
    We can not manage to fill our store with special seeds, after a championship without that we have to use gold, to be ready for the next championship.
    It has become too stressed and there is not much fun at the game more.
    We are many who boycoter next championship, in hopes of improvement!

Greetings from Brizacobra leader
    Hi.
    I am a nordic player and as you can see a lot of coops will not use any gold under this CC and a lot of players who dont make any missions.
    If a lot of players dont buy any gold, so they have to listening to us.
    This is the only way we can get them to listening to us!
    If we are many we can make a difference!

Regards
  • I can see the many sides of the CC event.  I, personally, would only like to see it once a month.  However I can see that some like to play more often and some less often.  Having it twice a month does not give the player or co op the choice in participating if they want to.  GGS states it does, but if a co op or person is at the top of a leader board or near enough to challenge the top (not me, I am no way near. LOL!) they must participate to keep their edge.  I also agree that those at the top will probably remain there due to their resources.  Maybe staggering the levels a bit more or adding more prize slots would allow lower level players a chance to really compete.  Gold will always be used by some as this is a key feature with BF.  BF is a for profit game that allows those of us who use little or no gold to be able to play.  The idea of having an event where no gold is used, allowing us to just use strategies, is intriguing and would be fun.  Just one event would be a nice change because it would really show how BF uses skill and cunning.
  • My opinions: Hard worker event, in general leave alone EXCEPT for the top level, I agree for it to be broken up into more level brackets.

Co-op championship: I'm going to chime in on the other side. If I were in a high level co-op or even one that could finish the rewards I would most likely agree with the majority on here that only want it once a month.

However, being from a lower level one with 15 casual players (most of them new to the game) and no chance of even getting all the rewards, doing it twice a month is EXTREMELY beneficial to us. It gives my neighbors that don't use gold the opportunity to get seeds and  seaweed products. Since we're not "competing" against the other co-ops, since we can't, the only people who spend money on it are the ones who want the prize for being top in the co-op. For everyone else it's just free stuff that then helps them in the weekly events to get the deco's and helps them build their farms.

At the end of the day, I don't care how often it's run. As stated, we don't compete and I fully understand how twice a month would be overwhelming to those who do. Just wanted to give the other side why some folks WOULD like to see it more often.

• 6. Confirmation dialogue before you spend gold
    While the confirmation window isn't something we are planning on doing, some changes such as the addition of a delayed buy button on pop-up sales, changes to building upgrades & the removal of some max-buy options have been made to go in that direction.

This is a very long answer basically saying no changes..
    This is my biggest issue with the game, and the reason why I will not buy gold from GGS. 

also agree with @Uncle John (GB1)  re No Pain, No Gain event. This is one of the few features of the game that does not need fixing.
    Totally agree, a long winded  " NO" , I and other have said for years that GGS will not change this because it brings them in so much revenue, therefore I take everything else with a pinch of salt. If GGS were to put in a "fail safe" button .... "are you sure " i would then start to believe some of the things i read and i would give credit where credit is due. What is the excuse about us not choosing when to activate a boost reward,, we would abuse it ... hahaha now that is one of the best laughs i have had.. i am sure they mean if we could choose, we would start the boost when a harvest is ready, not 5 minutes after we have harvested. There is a hint about changing the Hard worker, PLENTY of comments saying do not change..... time will tell. As for the CC, it started as a once in a while event, it was good, then it got more frequent and millions and millions complained that it was too often. They ignore the players and bring it out even more frequently, so very sorry when i say i do not believe anything GGS say, the mods only say what they are told to say. When they do the changes, take a good look and you'l see players will lose out, but GGS will gain from them. There was a problem with the Christmas carriages, three weeks later and still no reply from support..  o:)
  • ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240

I like misions, becouse i can se other farms and how thay work, but i dont like CC. WhY? When starts this event most of my coop member hide like a mice seeing a cat. They come out when event is close.

Second, we are a small coop. In our server we have +- 40.000players and 4.500 coop-s, this  means that the average coop wil have 9 players. Old coop-s have meny players and accept best. We doesnt have a chance.

In our botom Rookie ligue ar still playing coops that have been set up before the year 2015. They are in coop ranking positions among  first 100.

Those members who play are trying to come at least until brushes.But is a wery hard work.

My conclusion:

1.Actual rankings are not good.

2. For small coop-s it is not worthy to play, it is mision inposible to acive 50 reward.

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 16.01.2017

Obviously the page showing how many points are required to gain any given prize does not work, obviously !!

As a result, we cannot really check what difference there is between previous and current RP requirements

All these messages, opinions and suggestions,but in the end we are not allowed to see what changes you DEVs applied

• Again you guys don't listen to the players. I can find thousands of people who don't what so many CC, but can you find just 1 who want them to be this often? I don't think so, you just don't want to listen to us, nothing new there.

NO MISSIONS FOR ME IN THE NEXT CC ROUND.

BOYCOT THE NEXT CC!!!
    i am sorry but there are a lot more people out there that eathier like it or are OK with them being 2 times a month then you might think i for one am one of those people i much prefer it 2 times a month then only once or once every couple months but i am also one of those people that have a laid back coop and everyone can do as little or as much as they want to and i find it great to get all the prizes just for doing what i was already doing cause i do not put that much more effort in to the CC then i normal do to just play so yes there are people out there that like it being 2 times a month just no reason for us to say anything sense it is the way we like it
    I'm sorry @ijrosh (US1) but if the ones who like it haven't said anything, pray tell.... HOW can GGS say that they've gotten requests for it to stay this way??   just goes to show you that GGS DOESN'T listen to the people who ARE saying something about how much they DISLIKE it.............
  • @amandaps (INT1)  I am very high level farm (level 318) and been playing for way over 3 year and I live here on forum.  I also post.  The reason most high level players I have spoken to do not even come on forum, is they are sick of GGS not listening to them and totally ignoring them, this is why you do not see too many high level players on here, giving their opinion.  I know they do not listen to ANYTHING I have requested.
    HEAR HEAR! I agree 100% with this Byron! You are 100% right.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 16.01.2017
    there are many different ways to tell GGS if you like something or you do not like something you do not have to only come to the forum to tell them what you think also there are a lot of different forums so how do you know what they like and do not like? i can not rember right now but by any chance was that one of the questions on the surveys we took months ago if so maybe a lot of people said they want it 2 times a month i know that a lot of my coop members likes having it 2 times a month most of them look forward to it but there are only myself that is on the forum everyday and maybe 1 or 2 people that come to the forum every now and then so yes when you get the same people saying they only want it to be a month over and over again i can see how you can forget that what is written on the forum only has to do with a small group of opinions but looks like it is what everyone wants when in fact it is not and GGS is really doing what most people want them too 
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 16.01.2017
    @ijrosh (US1)  They are running it not because players want it they are running it for the gold that is spent it is that simple. Spent gold means gold buying  you know the saying money talks.  IMO
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    You make a very valid point, @ijrosh (US1) .

In fact, you only need to scroll up in this thread a little bit to see that even here there are people saying that they like, for eg.  the more frequent CC.  Because, of course all those hard worker prizes are very welcome to anyone who is not trying to be number one in the rankings but just do the CC casually  (or only do it seriously once every 2 or 3 months).

I can observe this on my own farm, where I now have at least 3 or 4 times more seaweed humus and seaweed fertilizer, for eg., than I've ever had before (and I certainly never ever buy the stuff).  This is then extremely helpful to my strategy when George comes around with his silo, and needs cabbage, or dandies, or a gazillion apples.

When I first heard about CC every 2 weeks, I was also shocked, but now, having heard from others who see the positive side to it, I am presently very much of the opinion that this could be to the benefit of my coop, low level and higher level players alike.  :)
  • make GML deal in No Pain, No Gain Event in middle level too
  • shantam (IN1)shantam (IN1) Posts: 111
    edited 17.01.2017
    Approx. every time mystery boxes give waste things put great things more in them like GML , 700-1000 gold , goldflower seeds and lots of tokens   :)
    Post edited by shantam (IN1) on
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 16.01.2017
    there are many different ways to tell GGS if you like something or you do not like something you do not have to only come to the forum to tell them what you think also there are a lot of different forums so how do you know what they like and do not like? i can not rember right now but by any chance was that one of the questions on the surveys we took months ago if so maybe a lot of people said they want it 2 times a month i know that a lot of my coop members likes having it 2 times a month most of them look forward to it but there are only myself that is on the forum everyday and maybe 1 or 2 people that come to the forum every now and then so yes when you get the same people saying they only want it to be a month over and over again i can see how you can forget that what is written on the forum only has to do with a small group of opinions but looks like it is what everyone wants when in fact it is not and GGS is really doing what most people want them too 
    You make a very valid point, @ijrosh (US1) .

In fact, you only need to scroll up in this thread a little bit to see that even here there are people saying that they like, for eg.  the more frequent CC.  Because, of course all those hard worker prizes are very welcome to anyone who is not trying to be number one in the rankings but just do the CC casually  (or only do it seriously once every 2 or 3 months).

I can observe this on my own farm, where I now have at least 3 or 4 times more seaweed humus and seaweed fertilizer, for eg., than I've ever had before (and I certainly never ever buy the stuff).  This is then extremely helpful to my strategy when George comes around with his silo, and needs cabbage, or dandies, or a gazillion apples.

When I first heard about CC every 2 weeks, I was also shocked, but now, having heard from others who see the positive side to it, I am presently very much of the opinion that this could be to the benefit of my coop, low level and higher level players alike.  :)

Hear, Hear you both! Well said Ijrosh and amandaps, I do agree with both your posts!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    It would be nice if GGS rolled out an event that wasn't bugged from time to time........how can one put a positive spin on that? Sure they will eventually fix it but it should never have happened in the first place. As for doing what players want they will only agree to it if it benefits their hip pockets. Reducing reps for rewards is a bit irrelevant when double rep boosters are taken away.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 16.01.2017
    Do you guys ever get tired of vain debate? :) I do, sometimes. Been hesitating how to respond for a few days, as "everything" has been said already multiple times. Well yes, GG provided us with some list of activities, which is the second time I believe, and that is essencially good, but how much did they actually say? Not much imo. Just a few bullet points probably resulting from a quick meeting based on pressure from moderators? If you've ever been involved in good, rational, progressive exchange on any level, business or personal, you'll soon realise that this is not the case. 

Instead of responding to every point in anouncement or every false argument in following debate I decided it was finally time for me to do some research about the company to look a bit behind the curtain and check if my overall "feel" about this enterprize is correct or if I might have missed something. And I did. Looked at business data, history of the company, media coverage, employees reviews, gamers comments elsewhere etc. Have only done part of the homework so far as there is more info to gather and analyse. But guess what I found out? Not really much I didn't know yet, not really much surprising. So still hesitating if to publish the results here. Btw this is to the topic as most of our responses derive from how we view the company and their communication and dealing with us. And that in turn flows from their business model and the health of the company in general. Anyway, back to it later, maybe.

There's a part of research I hardly touched yet and want to present it as a challenge if anyone want's to pick it up as I might not have time for it. It would be interesting to find out how strong different geographical and language communities are (responding to "majority" and "varying demands in different communities" debate) and gather some solid data for analysis. I noticed that appart from Hamburg GG has offices in Japan and Korea which might suggest stronger communities there or emphasis on expansion there. After all PL Dennis mentioned that the whole fishing idea came from Japan. It probably will not change how we view readiness of GG to listen to us, but having a "map" like that could give us a much better guidance as to how much our indignation about some aspects of BF is justified and in general move the debate to higher and imo a lot more interesting level. Maybe PM me if you want to take part in that research?

I guess .................. to be continued ............ sometimes :)
  • I wish to have an temporary farm without some pagan gods. For example:

Candy farm: The farm is nice, but as reward i can recive just candy palace which is in fact fortune teller sphere.

I wish candy palace or candy cake. Instead of fortune teller tenth a tenth with Candy and swets.

Wiking farm: Is a nice farm but it is a center for sun worshippers.

Island farm: Is nice place but have tiki. I like sand castle and other decorations. I liked the hous and bought several of them but now discovers that on end level thay have tiki. :-((

Can We have a decent temporaty farm with 0 pagan gods?

100% agree!!!
  • magicpotions (PT1)magicpotions (PT1) PT1 Posts: 916
    edited 17.01.2017
    Nothing good ever come from pleasing the general public since no one ever could characterized what the "general public" is with accuracy.
    Most of the time it's only a way to poorly justify a commercial orientation that was meant to exist anyway or either way and in the aftermath no one gets the blame if anything fails or the fault lies invariably with in the inconstant and voluble nature of the same "general public" that was chosen earlier.

Regarding GGS blindness towards its costumers complains the reason, imo, is the old plain greed and even more since the company is in a situation that can be portrait as the "king goes naked". Something is obviously fake or broken in their midst but no one says anything about it or worse, sympathizers stand around saying how wonderful it all still is.

Nevertheless I still love the game but lets face it, 
    Big Farm is NOT a highly strategical game. A highly strategical game it's based solely in intelligence and skills and those things can't be bought.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Do you guys ever get tired of vain debate? :) I do, sometimes. Been hesitating how to respond for a few days, as "everything" has been said already multiple times. Well yes, GG provided us with some list of activities, which is the second time I believe, and that is essencially good, but how much did they actually say? Not much imo. Just a few bullet points probably resulting from a quick meeting based on pressure from moderators? If you've ever been involved in good, rational, progressive exchange on any level, business or personal, you'll soon realise that this is not the case. 

Instead of responding to every point in anouncement or every false argument in following debate I decided it was finally time for me to do some research about the company to look a bit behind the curtain and check if my overall "feel" about this enterprize is correct or if I might have missed something. And I did. Looked at business data, history of the company, media coverage, employees reviews, gamers comments elsewhere etc. Have only done part of the homework so far as there is more info to gather and analyse. But guess what I found out? Not really much I didn't know yet, not really much surprising. So still hesitating if to publish the results here. Btw this is to the topic as most of our responses derive from how we view the company and their communication and dealing with us. And that in turn flows from their business model and the health of the company in general. Anyway, back to it later, maybe.

There's a part of research I hardly touched yet and want to present it as a challenge if anyone want's to pick it up as I might not have time for it. It would be interesting to find out how strong different geographical and language communities are (responding to "majority" and "varying demands in different communities" debate) and gather some solid data for analysis. I noticed that appart from Hamburg GG has offices in Japan and Korea which might suggest stronger communities there or emphasis on expansion there. After all PL Dennis mentioned that the whole fishing idea came from Japan. It probably will not change how we view readiness of GG to listen to us, but having a "map" like that could give us a much better guidance as to how much our indignation about some aspects of BF is justified and in general move the debate to higher and imo a lot more interesting level. Maybe PM me if you want to take part in that research?

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/goodgamestudios.com
  • VINASH (IN1)VINASH (IN1) IN1 Posts: 22
    edited 17.01.2017
    Better and fair "No Pain, No Gain" event with attractive rewards every level
    The “No Pain No Gain” event will be optimized and we'll keep this feedback in mind while doing so.

LEVEL 65-999 i think it might be sorted out  

You might got it what i mean

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 17.01.2017
    One of the possible sources, yes. If you have full access (or Toolbar) and time for it, do your research and then post brief summary related to the points raised here. There's a lot of other tools and methods to use and they need to be compared as Alexa tend's to be not exactly reliable.

I'm too bussy for next how many days doing better things to bother with GGS research so don't even want to start trial.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 17.01.2017

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/goodgamestudios.com

Both messages completely off topic in this thread, and of no interest whatsoever in a forum which is created to discuss about this game

Sign In to comment.