Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Please, give a real chance to all of the coop from the gold league for the first place

Hy guys,

I really don't know what is the situation on other servers, but on mine (Ro1) things are definitively going in the wrong direction.

Since the first competition in which appeared for the first time the voting system until now, our server had an unique winner.

The same coop over and over again. They've won 8 ducks coop and they've built on their farms between 1 and 3.

Now they have 10 in row victories....and all the other coop don't have any chance for the top spot, because they put tons of gold (nothing wrong with this...don't understand me wrong).

But if a car for example costs 20000$ and you should pay 50000$ to obtain it , does it worth it at that price? No wright?

The same goes here...they put so much money in the game that really doesn't worth it to challenge them, leaving the other players with a bitter taste in their mouth.

Since Big farm is after all a business, I propose a solution that's simple and very easy to implement. This will bring you more money dear GGS (that's really what you want, wright?....so go ahead please) but will also give the other coops a real chance for the first place.

You already have the software...it's really simple...we have the voting system , wright (100%, 80% and 40%)

If a coop makes it three in a row (victories), the next competition , they will be automatically put in the 80% mode.

You just have to put a counter for the victories .. that's all. If the counter shows 3, this will override the votes of the players.

So the fourth and eventually the fifth competition for the winning coop will be in 80%

If they fail to win the fourth or the fifth, they will be back to 100%, but if they make 5 in a row, from the sixth competition, they will be automatically put in the 40% mode, and will play in that mode until they will lose and thus bring back to 100% when it happens that.

If they are so good and if they have so much money, than let them really show this!!

You GGS will win more money from them if they try to defend their first place, but all the other coop will have a greater chance to beat them.

My solution is S.M.I.L.E. back to other players:

S - simple to implement

M- much fair system

I - Invite players to action again

L - Leave the frustrations accumulated in the past

E - Enjoy the game again.

Thank you for reading, supporting and hopefully implementing my idea!

Comments

• This is a very good idea, and support.
    And I, too, come from RO1.

Already In the Golden League is not a real competition. We know from the beginning who will take place 1:(.
    And even if they are so good in the mission because the use a lot of money, they are not saints. The cooperative constitutes many important rules. But it seems like nowadays money can buy everything:(.

@Clinn's idea is very good, I agree her and support!

Enjoy !

• Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    I am in the UK and my coop is in the gold league and we have the same issue, it is always the same team that wins the league, no-one else stands a chance.  I think this is a good idea but of course GGS will not implement it because they want the revenue from people buying gold.  Let's see if they actually read these posts!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    We have the same thing here on the US 1 server as well.
    The only way this is going to change IMO is to come up with another type of CC that non Gold users could do instead of the CC that is now.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 13.01.2017
    Very good opening post @clinn (RO1). Thank you!  :+1:

I think your so called voting system of 100%, 80% and 40% might be a solution - even if needed some more fine tuning - and should be taken into consideration by the developing/technical Team of GGS!

A competition is no competition in my opinion when one can tell on beforehand who is going to win it.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    Eventhough  my coop is far from getting into a gold legue, I love the idea.  It makes the CC more chalenging and fair at the same time.  
  • clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198

Thank you Jiesta, for your appreciation. I think the game doesn't belong to a player or to a coop.... the game belongs to all of us... to all of the players ...and nobody should steal the pleasure of the game by monopolizing a certain feature of the game with huge amount of money involved.

I think any one, with a reasonable amount of money, and a good strategy should have the chance to win something, because, after all... Big Farm is promoted to be a STRATEGY GAME!!

We should never forget this.... and put our heads to work to find the best and cheap way to achieve something.. like in real life!

You are right @clinn (RO1), although I do believe GGS will never ever be able to stop some players "from stealing the pleasure of the game by monopolizing a certain feature of it with huge amounts of money", as you put it ....  

but I do believe GGS could build in a system which would prevent these players from doing it, and avoid repetition!
  • old_man (RO1)old_man (RO1) Posts: 2
    edited 13.01.2017
    Hi clinn,

I think I understand your concerns.
    But why you want to be the first, to be the number one without a great effort, without spending a lot of time and money?
    This is a strategy game...but what is your strategy? How to be number 1 without money?
    You just want that duck and that apple?!

Perhaps GGS can create a rule for the rest of coops to win these.

But ... the number one ... if you want this you have to pay (again, I mean time and money), you and your colleagues.
    This is very simple.

In real life I can't have my dream house, my dream car. Why?
    Who is guilty? Only me, just me, because I am not able to make more money!
    Yes, this is so simple, no money no funny!

Also, we are not equals!
    I can do 40 million reputation points ... but I think you can't. Why?
    Because I am able do this with money, a little strategy and a lot, A LOT of help from my colleagues.
    My colleagues from my coop and from OTHER coops.
    This is about a little strategy and a GREAT, GREAT help from my team.
    T E A M.
    Team is more important than money.
    So, first of all you have to create a GREAT team, then you can talk about the money.

This is only my opinion.

All the best,
    old_man

Post edited by old_man (RO1) on
  • But why you want to be the first, to be the number one without a great effort, without spending a lot of time and money?
    This is a strategy game...but what is your strategy? How to be number 1 without money?
    You just want that duck and that apple?!

Also, we are not equals!
    I can do 40 million reputation points ... but I think you can't. Why?
    Because I am able do this with money, a little strategy and a lot, A LOT of help from my colleagues.
    I'm sorry @old_man , but you are wrong and at the same time what you said to clinn was very rude in my opinion.

How do you know how much money and effort clinn puts in to the challenge? YOU DONT. so don't go saying that he/she is looking to get something they aren't willing to work for. I for one have put tons of time and money into the challenge at times and still cannot seem to come close to the top players. and yes, they are ALWAYS the same. it is very discouraging to put so much in and get NOTHING out of it. at least with the original challenge the top ten got something worth playing for (the cherry orchard). the way its set up now, only the top coop gets anything worth squat. 
    your use of money isnt' using strategy.... lol.... I don't care how much anyone says that it is - it isn't. period. If you were truly playing BF as a strategy game, you would use your skill as a farmer to get your wins. not money. when you bring money into it, you've just thrown out the strategy angle.

Unfortunately gold is a big part of the challenge so in reality it will never be about who is actually a better farmer or mission player or better strategist. And heaven forbid GGS make a challenge that doesn't allow gold use... lol - after all, they are running a business (and i'm not putting them down for this - it is, after all, the way they make money!), and really don't care what their players say, as long as there are ones that are willing to fill their coppers with gold and keep plowing ahead! :)

I don't think you caught the drift @old_man (RO1)   :p

This is NOT AT ALL about not granting someone / anyone to win this competition - this whole thread is about it being over and over and over and over again the same one who wins.
    First cause is the mentality of that coop or some players in that coop (they want to win at all 'costs' and don't grant anyone else the glory - even if it is for the thousandth time)
    - Secondly it is because GGS build in a system that doesn't allow any other coop to come even close to that first price with only very hard working & planning the right strategy (a strategy developed by only skills and brain cells - nót by huge amounts of money, I mean).

What would that same coop want to do with tons and tons of huge 'Dandy Duck Coops'?? Wouldn't it be much more of a real and fair competition if one couldn't predict on beforehand who would win again, and again, and next time again?

I for one do respect the winner of a competition who won because of hard work & the right planning FAR MORE than the winner who bought him/herself the way to the top. The first has every right to brag about it IMHO, the latter doesn't. Nobody disputes anyone's right to use gold as GGS has added this possibility to the game, but it really comes across ridiculous to use tons and tons of money for just a game - only to always win everything - and then being this arrogant about it ...  But that's only my own personal feeling.

And I do have a great coop and team, thank you! We finished the event Santa's Wish List in an excellent way last year as well as this year, which is the only existing in game event that says everything about having a great team, proving your coop being able to work all together (without money!!) showing fine, constructive team spirit! And I know many, many more coops with great teams.
    Your whole argument shows that you consider money to be far more important than a team - and then you claim the exact opposite! It's terrible easy to be condescending about that - but totally unnecessary and uncalled for!

Just my 2 cents!
  • old_man (RO1)old_man (RO1) Posts: 2
    edited 13.01.2017
    Jiesta, with all respect, what are we talking about here?

" ... with only very hard working & planning the right strategy (a strategy developed by only skills and brain cells - nót by huge amounts of money, I mean)..."

This is not a chess game.

Regarding my arguments:
    1. In real life, in general, to be number 1 you have to pay (including money) or others will pay for you if you are special or a genius.
     2. In virtual life, as in this game ...  team, time and money, in this order

Also, to win that event, yes, you need a great team.
    But this team must have great farms, not all but many.
    To have a great farm you have to use money.

I saw a lot of colleagues from my team or others with very strong farms.They have used a lot of gold to create them and now they can play only with "some" money.

If you take a look at rankings you will see only a few of us with millions of reputation points in a competition.
    So,
    money are not everything.

@clinn: next time I will play without the money (only some pennies) and maybe my colleagues will do the same...but I'm sorry, we will still be No. 1.
    Because every time we have a strategy.

@Tiggergirl77: "...it is very discouraging to put so much in and get NOTHING out of it."
    I agree with you.

Thanks,
    old_man

• This is NOT AT ALL about not granting someone / anyone to win this competition - this whole thread is about it being over and over and over and over again the same one who wins.
    First cause is the mentality of that coop or some players in that coop (they want to win at all 'costs' and don't grant anyone else the glory - even if it is for the thousandth time)

What would that same coop want to do with tons and tons of huge 'Dandy Duck Coops'?? Wouldn't it be much more of a real and fair competition if one couldn't predict beforehand who would win again, and again, and next time again?

I for one do respect the winner of a competition who won because of hard work & the right planning FAR MORE than the winner who bought him/herself the way to the top. The first has every right to brag about it IMHO, the latter doesn't. Nobody disputes anyone's right to use gold as GGS has added this possibility to the game, but it really comes across ridiculous to use tons and tons of money for just a game - only to always win everything - and then being this arrogant about it ...
    I agree, Jiesta 100% with this.... I for one would be embarrassed to be in a coop that always had to come in first. and it's not like others haven't tried .....  no matter how many rep points are gained in a challenge that top coop always has to push it and make however many more million reps than 2nd place.......... THAT to me is selfish and inconsiderate. they know EXACTLY what they are doing and IMHO it is disgraceful to their character. There is NO PRIDE in that type of thing.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well the number ones always have to be number one and it wasnt bc of the prizes  it is EGO  and I like his idea  too that should really get the gold flowing into GGS coffers but really dont think much will change they will just have to dig a lil deeper and GGS will come up with an extra bag or to  special offer to help them.
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627

Hy guys,

I really don't know what is the situation on other servers, but on mine (Ro1) things are definitively going in the wrong direction.

Since the first competition in which appeared for the first time the voting system until now, our server had an unique winner.

The same coop over and over again. They've won 8 ducks coop and they've built on their farms between 1 and 3.

Now they have 10 in row victories....and all the other coop don't have any chance for the top spot, because they put tons of gold (nothing wrong with this...don't understand me wrong).

But if a car for example costs 20000$ and you should pay 50000$ to obtain it , does it worth it at that price? No wright?

The same goes here...they put so much money in the game that really doesn't worth it to challenge them, leaving the other players with a bitter taste in their mouth.

Since Big farm is after all a business, I propose a solution that's simple and very easy to implement. This will bring you more money dear GGS (that's really what you want, wright?....so go ahead please) but will also give the other coops a real chance for the first place.

You already have the software...it's really simple...we have the voting system , wright (100%, 80% and 40%)

If a coop makes it three in a row (victories), the next competition , they will be automatically put in the 80% mode.

You just have to put a counter for the victories .. that's all. If the counter shows 3, this will override the votes of the players.

So the fourth and eventually the fifth competition for the winning coop will be in 80%

If they fail to win the fourth or the fifth, they will be back to 100%, but if they make 5 in a row, from the sixth competition, they will be automatically put in the 40% mode, and will play in that mode until they will lose and thus bring back to 100% when it happens that.

If they are so good and if they have so much money, than let them really show this!!

You GGS will win more money from them if they try to defend their first place, but all the other coop will have a greater chance to beat them.

My solution is S.M.I.L.E. back to other players:

S - simple to implement

M- much fair system

I - Invite players to action again

L - Leave the frustrations accumulated in the past

E - Enjoy the game again.

Thank you for reading, supporting and hopefully implementing my idea!

Awesome Idea Clinn
    Hope GGS implements it:))) for it atleast would give a good chance for the other coops:)))
  • daniel fermier (RO1)daniel fermier (RO1) RO1 Posts: 546
    edited 14.01.2017

Old man defends their Cooperative. And it's about the cooperative which is always on server 1 RO1!
    That is why his message is only against clinn.
    @old_man , you are right, you are not now all players who put tons of money to get what they want in the game. But there were over time. Now you have enough seats available and have lived a good portion from other players in cooperative. And your score is just as great.
    Isn't it something unclean in the Middle? A player at you from the cooperative once said .. as long as play it, no COOPERATIVE WILL NOT TAKE place WITHIN us. I won't say anything about it, I won't judge. I did it once and got some very ugly insults about everything he could name only. :( And guess who. .. everything from a few players from the top spot to this cooperative CC. This shows that aren't as fair as it is I think. And do not deserve to be so high in CC with that I concluded to say anything about the cooperative.
    Unfortunately, EGOS are very high which is why unions will not 1, let others take their place. ..
    And as long as you stick to these cooperatives GGS thousands euros in your Pocket/competition s. ..  won't have anything to say.

Sincerely, Daniel @RO1

Post edited by daniel fermier (RO1) on
  • Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612
    you wrote, that always the same team win the coop over and over
    I'm on the DE server and my team also win all times

have you look on the farm of the winners: are there red duck coops?

we often play with 40% and win, that will nothing change
    there is a great spacing to the second team in coop
    I don't know how to change the conditions

strategy: make a full-member team with 75 players where each one loves the coop challenge
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    This is NOT AT ALL about not granting someone / anyone to win this competition - this whole thread is about it being over and over and over and over again the same one who wins.

What would that same coop want to do with tons and tons of huge 'Dandy Duck Coops'?? Wouldn't it be much more of a real and fair competition if one couldn't predict beforehand who would win again, and again, and next time again?

I for one do respect the winner of a competition who won because of hard work & the right planning FAR MORE than the winner who bought him/herself the way to the top. The first has every right to brag about it IMHO, the latter doesn't. Nobody disputes anyone's right to use gold as GGS has added this possibility to the game, but it really comes across ridiculous to use tons and tons of money for just a game - only to always win everything - and then being this arrogant about it ...
    I agree, Jiesta 100% with this.... I for one would be embarrassed to be in a coop that always had to come in first. and it's not like others haven't tried .....  no matter how many rep points are gained in a challenge that top coop always has to push it and make however many more million reps than 2nd place.......... THAT to me is selfish and inconsiderate. they know EXACTLY what they are doing and IMHO it is disgraceful to their character. There is NO PRIDE in that type of thing.
    Here here! My thoughts exactly.......the ugliness this coop challenge event brings out is partly GGS's fault because of its setup but the people that choose to buy wins and cheat have bad character and this type of gameplay is the reason this event has become a joke.
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    There is no way GGS can make it so that another coop can win for a change. The coop that always wins will find another way to be first again.

It is and always will be a way the current people of this world are. Selfish and way to competitive. All people are equal, so please threat each other like that. If only people would allow others to be better sometimes, the world would be a way better place then it is now.
  • You know, the way I see it is that Big Farm is like real life in many ways.  Real life is not always "fair" and that is just the way it is.  Some are born into wealth families and others are not.  Some are strong and healthy and others are not.  Some are born with perfect bodies and others are born with handicaps.  It is just the way it is.  We just do the best we can and make the best of what life gives us.  There are just over 1000 billionaires in the whole world, some got there by hard work and others by inheritance.  Plus there are way more millionaires currently than there have been in a long time.  I am one of the "poor" one without a hope of ever achieving millionaire status.  That's okay and it is life.  Those coops who are always in first place, I compare to the  billionaires.  Some of us will never be a part of the billionaire's circle of friends or be in thier coops.  That's okay, that's life.  I just enjoy the Big Farm game for what it is and do my best, making the most of my resources.  Thank you GGS for making this the best game ever!
    Well said!

The reason that the same coop wins on each server is because they "choose" to win. They want to be #1 & they do whatever work & gold spending that they need to do to achieve that. If another coop felt as strongly about being #1, they could do the same, but they don`t, they keep asking GGS to find ways to sabotage the #1 coop, so that its easier for another one to win..... Why should they?? Why should a coop be penalised for winning? They want to win all the rewards & all the best prizes for their members, well good for them, its a championship & they are clearly the champions on their server. 1st place trophy gif winner awsome cool gold photo 1sm179FirstPlace 1sm179Firstplacegif

GGS has added more rewards & even choices of rewards, so that other coops can also win something, which is great, because I agree it did suck when there was just 1 prize, but now there can be lots of winners & if no coops wish to challenge for the #1 spot that is their choice. BTW how do you know that the #1 coop is even voting for 100%?? They might be using 80% or even 40% to get a better tree & better quality reward.

@ all the RO1 posters on this thread, no offence to any of you, I have no problem with you posting on this forum, but if you are trying to change something that is occuring on your server, wouldn`t it make more sense to post about it on your own forum, where the coops in your CC actually play or is there some reason you don`t want them to know you have a problem with them winning or don`t want to hear their response to your suggestion?

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    I totally agree with Scissors. It wouldn't be fair to penalize a team for winning. Put yourself in their shoes & ask yourself, "If my team was #1 would I want to be penalized for winning & doing our best?". I bet your answer would be no. Would it be nice if the top co-op stepped down once in a while & let another co-op win? Sure that would be nice of them but they're kinda handing you the win rather than your team challenging them & fully earning it. Same thing if GGS penalized them for winning too much, they would just be forced out of the way for someone else to win. 

My team likes to play to earn the hardwork rewards. We're not in the gold league but if we ever decide to go for that then great! We will unlock more rewards. Those gifts we won from the CC sure came in handy during Santa's wishlist. We were gifting each other constantly to help out with individual orders. Its not all about being #1 but if your team wants to do that then come up with a strategy to do so and yes its going to take money along with strategy to do it. I won't say its wrong that players are buying RP because it is something that's in the game & within the rules to use but I do think its wrong that the option to buy RP was ever added to the game to begin with. 
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well if all the number one teams from each sever played against each other that would be interesting I would love to see that maybe that should be the change all the gold numbers one play each other  that sure would open things up for all wouldnt it. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file