Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 27th - Going Fishing! - Discussion

Comments

• I have tried fishing but missed the instructions on how to fish.  The line goes out but I am not sure if I am doing the correct actions to reel them in.  I have looked for help but have had no luck.  Could you please remind me how I reel the fish in.

thank you,
  • click on the fish you want to get, when you have caught a fish in the top right corner you see a bar, press and hold your mouse button,
    but let go for a second if it goes into the red, try and keep in the green or you line will break.
    if you keep missing the fish you may need a better hook or line 
  • I have tried fishing but missed the instructions on how to fish.  The line goes out but I am not sure if I am doing the correct actions to reel them in.  I have looked for help but have had no luck.  Could you please remind me how I reel the fish in.

thank you,
    @MichelleB (US1) If you click the link in my signature @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) she has created an awesome blog and she has very detailed information on how to fish.

Good luck.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Once the fish bites click & hold the reel button down, Use the mouse button, usually the left one, as the fish tries to swim away release m button & tap instead. Do not let the line or the meter go to far into the RED or your line will break. Just as the fish is pulled out of the water release the reel m button. It will take some getting use to but can be done ;)
  • margaretleet (US1)margaretleet (US1) Posts: 107
    edited 14.12.2016
    Am I able to count each set of fish caught from each farm? For example, Oleg is fishing on my main farm, my gourmet farm, and my flower farm. Each farm shows 225 once harvested. Does that mean I will have 675 toward my goal on Santa's wish list. 
    The 'Bonito' fish that I'm catching (a lot of them) are not showing up in 'Santa's Wish List'.  What are we supposed to do...one of my other Team members said the same thing?! 
    SheilaC4 send Oleg fishing. Those will count. But, what I am not sure about is whether you get the count from just one farm at a time when harvested, or if it counts times 3. I have posted a question about that.

Posts Merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 13.12.2016
    Sorry to say it does not work that way @margaretleet (US1). The game shows him fishing on all farms because that's his animation. He is only fishing for real on one farm though.
  • Sorry to say it does not work that way @margaretleet (US1). The game shows him fishing on all farms because that's his animation. He is only fishing for real on one farm though.
    Thank you!!!! I thought that might be the case. I wasn't paying attention when I harvested so I wasn't sure. Don't think I will finish my goal to help my teammates. Makes me sad. I am using the highest cash price I am able to do. Don't have the funds to buy gold. Wish it wasn't this way.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @margaretleet (US1) Try not to be sad and just do your best. This event is tough on the lower level players. If you happen to be in a good sized co op, then there should be some help there for you and your list.
  • Ok so I found the fisherman and the quest dialogue says "You found the old fisherman, now the adventure begins!" I dont know where to go from here. I've clicked on him at every farm. It doesn't give me any instructions and when I click on the "Show Me" button it just puts me over the fisherman and thats it. PLEASE HELP??
  • QueenV624 (US1)QueenV624 (US1) Posts: 14
    edited 21.12.2016
    I read that. All it says is after you've read his story click OK. There is no OK button. All there is is a Close button and the "Show Me" button which doesn't do anything but take me to Oleg. I click on him and still nothing.. @UncleJohn
  • I read that. All it says is after you've read his story click OK. There is no OK button. All there is is a Close button and the "Show Me" button which doesn't do anything but take me to Oleg. I click on him and still nothing.. 
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 21.12.2016
    I read that. All it says is after you've read his story click OK. There is no OK button. All there is is a Close button and the "Show Me" button which doesn't do anything but take me to Oleg. I click on him and still nothing..
    @QueenV624 (US1)  Uncle John has given you a really valuable link with tips/suggestions/pictures of Oleg and fishing as well as anything else about the game can be found on @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) blog.

You can also try this link that was created by @jess_d https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/135909/helpful-information-about-fishing-for-everyone-not-a-bug/p1
    but it is from the TEST server forum, so if you have additional questions please make sure that you post them here in the live forum so that someone can see it and help out. As of right now the TEST game is on a break till sometime next year is my guess & the TEST forum isn't getting as much traffic right now. Scroll through this thread there are some very helpful tips/suggestions/photos in here as well, its only 3 pages so its not a lot to read and go through. The info/link the @Uncle John (GB1) gave you and this other link she get you going in the right direction.

**Edit***

Also check each of your farms there are times when there is a task for Oleg that shows up on each farm separately. So you may have a task somewhere also that is waiting for you to complete. I can't remember what the first day with Oleg was like its been a while and its a new feature we just got a couple months ago.

And another good place to start is from the beginning when the Official Announcement was made about the fishing features, at the bottom of the announcement you will see a link  to the discussion thread which where you are now posting and it has a lot of good info as well.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/136843/update-oct-27th-going-fishing#latest
  • I read that. All it says is after you've read his story click OK. There is no OK button. All there is is a Close button and the "Show Me" button which doesn't do anything but take me to Oleg. I click on him and still nothing..
    @QueenV624 (US1)  Uncle John has given you a really valuable link with tips/suggestions/pictures of Oleg and fishing as well as anything else about the game can be found on @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) blog.

You can also try this link that was created by @jess_d https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/testboard/discussion/135909/helpful-information-about-fishing-for-everyone-not-a-bug/p1
    but it is from the TEST server forum, so if you have additional questions please make sure that you post them here in the live forum so that someone can see it and help out. As of right now the TEST game is on a break till sometime next year is my guess & the TEST forum isn't getting as much traffic right now. Scroll through this thread there are some very helpful tips/suggestions/photos in here as well, its only 3 pages so its not a lot to read and go through. The info/link the @Uncle John (GB1) gave you and this other link she get you going in the right direction.
    Thanks. I know he is trying to help but I have already read that link multiple times. All it says is to read his story and click ok but there is no OK button. I've been scrolling this thread as well @jess_d (US1) for the past 20 minutes lol. Oh well. 

Thanks. I know he is trying to help but I have already read that link multiple times. All it says is to read his story and click ok but there is no OK button. I've been scrolling this thread as well @jess_d (US1) for the past 20 minutes lol. Oh well. 
    @QueenV624 (US1)  Could you take a screen shot of what the info is that Oleg is displaying, so that we can see what you are seeing? This will be very helpful & maybe jog our memories a bit. There are some other tasks that come with Oleg as well. Have you bought any fishing gear yet? Check my post above again I edited it to add some other info for you.

@QueenV624 (US1)  Could you take a screen shot of what the info is that Oleg is displaying, so that we can see what you are seeing? This will be very helpful & maybe jog our memories a bit. There are some other tasks that come with Oleg as well. Have you bought any fishing gear yet? Check my post above again I edited it to add some other info for you.

Here is the screenshot of what he says. It is the same dialogue on each farm. 

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I'm also struggling to remember.  :¬(  
    Has "The Old Fisherman" task not completed ?
    Click on that green arrow @QueenV624 (US1) and see where it takes you.
  • Click on that green arrow @QueenV624 (US1) and see where it takes you.
    I clicked the green arrow and it took me to the flower farm with the dialogue box still open. I hover over the help and it says to find him, but I have already on each farm. 
  • @QueenV624 (US1) Once he has taken you to his location which is the flower farm you should be able to click the close button and you should get the two items in the dialog box. Then another task should show up, it may be on another farm so you will have to go to the other farms to see if a new task is there or just open the task bar from whichever farm you are on, it will show if there is a new task.

You may want to logout and clean your caches and flash ( I know what does that have to do with anything) but sometimes it takes a minute for these things to catch and there are some issues with the fishing for some of us. So logout and back in to see if this clears this up so you can move on to the next task, if it doesn't try a different browser. I know some players like myself were/are having issues forth Firefox & Chrome with the fishing. Hopefully you can get it sorted out so you can keep moving to the next part of the fishing.
  • @QueenV624 (US1) Once he has taken you to his location which is the flower farm you should be able to click the close button and you should get the two items in the dialog box. Then another task should show up, it may be on another farm so you will have to go to the other farms to see if a new task is there or just open the task bar from whichever farm you are on, it will show if there is a new task.

You may want to logout and clean your caches and flash ( I know what does that have to do with anything) but sometimes it takes a minute for these things to catch and there are some issues with the fishing for some of us. So logout and back in to see if this clears this up so you can move on to the next task, if it doesn't try a different browser. I know some players like myself were/are having issues forth Firefox & Chrome with the fishing. Hopefully you can get it sorted out so you can keep moving to the next part of the fishing.
    Thanks for the advice. I just logged out and cleared my cache, cookies, etc. I clicked on him at the flower farm and the dialogue came up but there was no claim button. I clicked close and it didn't give me anything. I was on FireFox earlier and have switched to chrome as well and still nothing.I don't know haha. 
  • @QueenV624 (US1)  Check you toolbox the items are probably already credited to your tool box. Keep working with it and posting whats going on so that someone can help you, don't give up on Oleg now we need seafood for our Christmas feast.

Make sure that you check out @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  blog because  it will show you where/how to get to the tool box option, how to add items to your tool box which page each items is located in the fishing shop and how and where to fish for certain fish.
  • I catch Carp and Mahi Mahi, in the boat and they are not counted.
     Any one else with this problem?
  • my fish are not being counted, whenj I fish
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Why can we no longer buy any other baits but bass carp and catfish???

Is this a bug or is this deliberate?
  • I have a task to go fishing for catfish but the boat rental isn't showing up. HELP!
    You must have your Fishing level 15 before you can rent boats and until that time they will not even show up.

Here is a link to my pages on Oleg Fisher @Horsemad32 (GB1)  http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/oleg/oleg.htm

You could also give this Catch Fish Guide a try written by @Jenny1979 (GR1)
  • K have the fish restaurant and I feel really stupid now cuz it says mermaid bay too....duh thank you very much, I was confused cuz to make the next level of food it said Mermaid bay had to be a certain level....lol I am a blonde and it is showing.....lol
  • My fish are not counting. Is anyone else having or had this problem?
Sign In to comment.