Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Why such high amounts required

I have had a few co-op members and some friends asking about the required amounts for santa, one of the items is the aleo vera gel, one player needs over 1600 of it, their distillary makes 100 every 5 hours ( mine is every 8 hrs) . As the event is only for 4 days that means 4 x 5 hour harvest are required per day.. do GGS think we live on the farm 24 / 7, I know they expect us to use Gold to speed things, but it is just getting to the point where their greed is unaceptable. Maybe the usual suspects will pop on and claim they could get the required amount while having breakfast, but the facts are there 1,620 gel, 100 gel per harvest, harvest time 5 hrs , days of event 4 days

Comments

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i know this is not what you want to hear and i agree the amounts are way to high but rember if you have the extra money you can buy most things at a loss except like feed which is what i got stuck with so you have to decide if buying the items to donate it is worth it or not 
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    edited 22.12.2016
    @bikeboy (GB1)  I couldn't agree with you more.  Fortunately I started stockpiling 2 months before the event started trying to be one step ahead, if the same event was run again.  Even with stockpiling, so 6600 of everything, less whatever was used to help fill other members who requested help, I've had unreasonable bonus quests.  In Chapter 2's, the Aloe Vera Gel requested was 1989, which I had on hand, so easy to donate.  Then I got 4032 Wet Pig Feed, another easy to accommodate and restock.  Then 5031 Aloe Vera Gel, really?  The same item?  It was doable, again from stock plus one batch.  But each full batch takes 15 hours to produce, so running this non-stop to restock.  Then came 5038 Cow Feed.  We all know the length of time on wheat and the enormous amount of time to then convert to feed, and though I had it, I wasn't willing to part with it, lol.  So I guess I'm saying I agree, the amounts are outlandish, some duplications that border on ridiculous, all for the purpose of getting us to use gold to push it through.  Well, I'd rather do without that precious 1 point of Happiness, probably cost me under a thousand to upgrade and retrieve that point from the Landscape Artist.  It's just too bad we won't be able to do the same for the Village Happiness.  Now some of the Coop Bonus Quest amounts are so laughable, we look, we laugh, and then we ignore.
    Post edited by KarenKay (US1) on
  • I think that the amounts are too high as well...
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Easy answer......GOLD! Have u noticed the amount of seaweed offers since this event began? The high amounts required for the wishlist is just another ploy by GGS to get us to buy and spend gold. For non-gold buyers they hope that the peer pressure of an event like this will force players to use up their stockpiled gold and seaweed in the hope that they may start to buy gold. There are no accidental calculations here.....everything GGS does is deliberate.
  • our co op with 8 members in it ATM just got to stage 3, then we find we have been given ridiculous total of pig feed to donate.  8 members 70k pig feed to donate impossible, guess we will not be getting any village happiness form this event.  Is this a bug or is this event anti small co ops
    @Byron Longford (AU1)  I was wondering the same thing.  When Southern was posting amounts from Chapter 1, I saw that she is in a 30 person coop, mine has 12, yet our quantities were at or higher than hers.  We didn't even attempt to do the 91,051 Bonito which would be 7587 a piece, fish much?  Even sending Oleg off in the boat, 220-384 if it's the larger boats, fishing yourself till you have to wait for the timer, setting Oleg to fishing just for Bonito overnight, and you can't do it, without gold.  Now I'm told that this same quest will come up again in Chapter 3 because we didn't complete it in Chapter 2, yippee, just thrilled to hear that...NOT!
  • If anything GGS should be trying to help the small co ops not disadvantaging them.  What they are saying by this is we do not want small co ops, close your little co op and go join a large 1.  Instead of trying to get larger farms to go help the smaller co ops, which would make more sense.
    And the fact is, all of those large coops were once just like us :O)  I propose they scale it down by the number of members in the coop, instead of all of us having to come up with the same amounts, which appears to be the case from those that have posted here in the forum.
  • All I know, is no use even thinking about doing any more of Satan's wish list
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well we have to get158,240 pig feed and it is not going to happen this chapter maybe before the event ends but they took so much from stock to fill the wish lists and then get this disappointing so much for happy fun  not so much, still waiting to see how this happiness pans out in the end. 
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    well we was enjoying the xmas event, now we have come to a stand still on phase 3.

3.5 million apples NO CHANCE, so now we have come to a stand still, we will be here till 2017 , all for 1 vxp .

we are all disappointed :(((((
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Angie you will move on to chap 3 but the apples will still be there to donate to once everyone has completed their lists and that is a totally insane number they obviously want us to fail what else is there to think
  • @angie50 (GB1)  how many members you have currently in your co op?
    34 some are low level, we av decided to ignore it and sign more players and consontrate on phase 1 and 2 , at least the happiness will go up a bit lol
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 17.12.2016
    happiness is better on weekly events deco as well.  Good luck with that
    byron cant find the xmas event rules, do u know if i let a player go who hasnt started phase1 , will that affect the happiness ?
    edited 17.12.2016
    you will drop out of phase 3 and then yes happiness will go up when they do their phase 1 or when you help them.  Another way the small co ops are discriminated against.  it should be if all members in your co op complete phase 1 all co ops should get the same HP, no matter if you have 2 members or 90 members all should be 50 HP.  As it is small co ops only get rubbish level deco, where as large co op get a lot better deco
    thanks byron, but if i let the player go, does it affect the happiness, they havent started phase 1 yet:)))
    edited 17.12.2016
    you will drop out of phase 3 and then yes happiness will go up when they do their phase 1 or when you help them.
    ok thanks, they havent been online for 3 days, dont think there coming back :(((
  • if you can get them to start then you can fill for them
    got no chance, a newish player, just thinking about letting them go and look for a new player to take there place, we av 7 opening already lol
    thanks byron for your help, finally found the rules about it :)))))
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    got no chance, a newish player, just thinking about letting them go and look for a new player to take there place, we av 7 opening already lol
    To be honest your best bet is to close your co op doors for the rest of this event. I know not ideal but much safer and easier on the members there now.
    If you are to bring in a new member, the best time is right at the start of the new chapter.
    edited 17.12.2016
    @Data King (US1) angie's co op still had 2 days (now down to 1) to fill who ever starts as there is no way for them, like our co op to ever fill 1 co op quest. so they may as well increase their happiness on the deco.

Not what I would do as deco will never get to good level.  Our co op is just totally forgetting about this event.  Waste of time for small co ops, as I said it would be when it started.
    thankyou data king and byron , much appreciated :)))))
    edited 17.12.2016
    @angie50 (GB1) Warning we just took new player in and they are at 0%, and even though they are at 0% we have dropped out of phase 3 but are also unable to add to their list.

I hope they come on before ends tomorrow or we will have to boot them again.

ANOTHER BUG!!!!!  AHHHHHH!!!!

• And the fact is, all of those large coops were once just like us :O)  I propose they scale it down by the number of members in the coop, instead of all of us having to come up with the same amounts, which appears to be the case from those that have posted here in the forum.
    I agree. It would make more sense.Our coop only has 3 members and one is a school teacher so she doesn't have time to play the game much. If amounts are really high next chapter I will not even try to finish it.
    Hi byron, yeah just signed 2, one started it and the other went off line, so had to leave a message.

ive said to my team to stockpile and if she doesnt come on by morning will av to let her go and come back on the monday :))))))
  • proba (INT1)proba (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27
    No comment is needed, when you take a look at this picture...

We do have more than 60 active players in our coop, lots of them are top players, but even so, this is ridiculous.

Make it hard, but keep it playable for everyone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file