Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 8th - "Christmas Preparations Event" & Village Happiness - Discussion

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    apparently we only get a meager 8 rewards...
    I believe this will be per chapter.
    I see only 4/4. And actually as we were getting the rewards I saw 1/1, 2/2, 3/3 in the lasts rewards, so hard to say how many there are. Plus what is the happiness number? It doesn't have any sense. It doesn't correspond to anything you see in your deco happiness when you earn the reward!
    @Graycat Ashes S (US1) has answered your question @mia111 (GB1) there are 8. You may have not earned them all in time.
    The happiness will be worked out once the co op village is active on the live server. Please do not panic just yet. Some of the happiness, the Village Happiness, is not currently active even though we are earning it.
     Keep track of what the value shown in the event at time of awarding. The happiness shown, say it's 28 then that amount is for the farm portion of the happiness and half of that will be for the Co op Village, so 14 in this example. Any earned bonus will be added to the awarded deco & may not display correctly until the CV goes live. Some time in the New Year. So Please do not panic just yet ;)
  • Well it happened. The time ran out BEFORE GGS said it would, a member came on at exactly the wrong moment, no time to finish her list, and BOOM!! The deco our co-op worked hard for and had won now costs more than a hundred gold per happiness point. Does GGS have any plans to make this right?
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 15.12.2016
    Issue with the first decoration received from Santa's chapter 1:

According to this I should get a decoration of at least happiness 27. Im not sure why it reset to +0.00 because I did donate cabbages and wheat in the second phase of chapter one... anyhow, another coopmate has 27.7+3.

When clicking on the info button.......
     it says 37....

Yet Inside our inventory dropbox we both got a decoration of only 26 happiness:

And here it does not mention anything about village happiness... Also, only a level 1 decoration after all this work..? 

Most other coopmates are still asleep, will ask around if we all got 26 happiness or if there is variation.
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    Our co-op & members lost a lot with doing personal as we all would have completed personal & co-op quest if they didn't end early or give wrong time . The time, effort, money & loads of items wasted on something they goofed on sucks. Don't know if it's even worth taking a chance on the following ones.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Worst. Event. Ever.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Worst. Event. Ever.
    I. Agree. Totally.
  • greygal (US1)greygal (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 15.12.2016

If it is supposed to be 8 hard worker rewards per chapter, it's broken. I received 7 hard worker rewards for chapter 1, then chapter 2 started, I received the 8th hard worker reward (just the 8th, not a new 1-7th reward) and nothing since; it is not advancing.
  • Worst. Event. Ever.
    I. Agree. Totally.
    So.Do.I.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

If it is supposed to be 8 hard worker rewards per chapter, it's broken. I received 7 hard worker rewards for chapter 1, then chapter 2 started, I received the 8th hard worker reward (just the 8th, not a new 1-7th reward) and nothing since; it is not advancing.
    Actually, you received ALL (8) of the chapter 2 rewards at once.

For some reason, all of them are reporting "0 happiness points required". The first harvest I made in Chapter 2, all 8 rewards dropped simultaneously. Happened to everyone in my Co-Op, we checked.

There are, however, 8 *additional* rewards in Phase 2 (of each chapter) that are reporting correctly (starting with "2 happiness points" to win). That's a total possible 16 hard worker rewards per chapter.
    Worst. Event. Ever.
    I. Agree. Totally.
    So.Do.I.
    LOL!  Or should that be L.O.L.?
  • greygal (US1)greygal (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 15.12.2016
    That's even buggier :)

I've not quite completed phase 1 of chapter 2 yet, but will watch to see if it shows the hard work rewards properly when I get to the "donate" phase.

Thanks for pointing that out!!

Edit: Hard work rewards are working properly during the chapter 2 donate phase.
    Post edited by greygal (US1) on
  • copymouse (INT1)copymouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 61
    So personal quest and happiness you get after you finish them, will not increase happiness on your train?
    That's only for village?
    edited 15.12.2016
    So personal quest and happiness you get after you finish them, will not increase happiness on your train?
    That's only for village?
    The Co-Op quest increases Village Happiness by 1 point per quest on everyone's deco.

The Personal Quest increases Farm Happiness by 1 point per quest, but only on YOUR deco.
  • Eeme01 (SKN1)Eeme01 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 37
    Where is the Christmas spirit on GCS??? This Santa's list was terrible event last year and I thought that it can't be more terrible but yes it can. Lists are impossible to finish without gold while you can't use your own storage. And this Coop challenge at the same time. You must be kidding!!  

People have lot of something else to do before Christmas than play. All happenings should be easy to finish or no events at all. I hope you will now look in the mirror and start to do changes in this game. This should not be as work for us. This should be fun entertainment. Now it is not! If you continue like this you will loose all players left.
  • copymouse (INT1)copymouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 61
    edited 15.12.2016
    That's only for village?
    The Co-Op quest increases Village Happiness by 1 point per quest on everyone's deco.

The Personal Quest increases Farm Happiness by 1 point per quest, but only on YOUR deco.
    Ok, thank you.

Problem is that our happiness is 24.60 and my personal was +3.00 but I only got 24 happiness deco.
    There is no problem yet @copymouse (INT1) other than the display. The total happiness will be corrected once the co op village becomes active some time in Jan 2017. These deco are special. they have 2 types of happiness as @Southern (US1) explained in the post above.
    Where is the Christmas spirit on GCS??? This Santa's list was terrible event last year and I thought that it can't be more terrible but yes it can. Lists are impossible to finish without gold while you can't use your own storage. And this Coop challenge at the same time. You must be kidding!!  

People have lot of something else to do before Christmas than play. All happenings should be easy to finish or no events at all. I hope you will now look in the mirror and start to do changes in this game. This should not be as work for us. This should be fun entertainment. Now it is not! If you continue like this you will loose all players left.

Eeme01, you are so right.  You'd think they'd be a bit more charitable this time of year, or at least give us some fun.  This is a total nightmare.  I'm not sure if it's the new crew of developers who created this h*ll, or the suits who are cracking their whips, who are responsible.  Regardless, not a fun holiday season for the players, especially those who don't have sense enough to walk away from this disaster.

• ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    Anyone else received wrong happiness value decoration? This is what is suppose to be
    And THIS is what i got...?!?!

Edit:All my co-op members have same issue.
    ALL members of all servers got 26 happiness and quality is only " 1" does not matter who are playing hard or normal ............................... lol

• The happiness of the train carriage in chapter 1 shows 28.67 +2 extra which should give me 30 happiness Carriage but only got  26 happiness Carriage

Please explain !!!
    The happiness of the train carriage in chapter 1 shows 28.67 +2 extra which should give me 30 happiness Carriage but only got  26 happiness Carriage

Please explain !!!
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3328516/#Comment_3328516

• farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 15.12.2016

Just left a co-op I was otherwise happy with because people kept jumping in on my list after I and our leader repeatedly asked them not to. The whole idea of setting personal boundaries then giving others an incentive to violate them is stupid. It's the foundation for all of the worst types of crimes in human history. Whoever thought this was a good idea seriously needs to have their head examined.

Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on

Just left a co-op I was otherwise happy with because people kept jumping in on my list after I had repeatedly asked them not to. The whole idea of setting personal boundaries then giving others an incentive to violate them is stupid. It's the foundation for all of the worst types of crimes in human history. Whoever thought this was a good idea seriously needs to have their head examined.

Please, Mimi, try not to blame your Co-Op for that.  Place the blame precisely where it belongs, square on the shoulders of GGS. 

For whatever reason, they designed it so that unless *everyone* in the Co-Op is at 100%, the entire Co-Op is unable to progress to Phase 3 and work on either the Co-Op quest, or their individual personal quest.

This is causing hard feelings among many players, because there are a lot of members in the Co-Op (like yourself, apparently) who want to do Phase 1 "by themselves".

However, in doing so, the entire Co-Op is punished (by having to stay in Phase 1 & Phase 2) while the other members "wait" for those players to finish their lists.

Because of this, many players are jumping onto others people lists, trying to get the entire Co-Op DONE so that (the entire Co-Op) can move on to Phase 3. 

As I said, this causes hard feelings to those people who want to "do it themselves".

My Co-Op is no exception; we sailed through Phase 1 in a matter of hours, and some were upset because they wanted to do their list themselves, having already sowed special seeds, premium humus, etc., and it was all wasted because their lists were finished before they even got to harvest.  Because of this, we set a 50/50 rule; each member would have 48 hours to work on their own lists before receiving any help from other members.  This is going to cause us to miss out on the Co-Op project for sure, but maybe some of us can get a few personal quests done in the 48 hours or so after everyone's lists are done.

I don't know why GGS did it this way.  Hopefully, they take note of this and take it into account on future events like this one.  Individual players should have been able to work on their Personal Quests without having to wait for everyone else; that way those people who want to do their lists themselves can, and it doesn't punish other players by not allowing them to progress into Phase 3.

It's just a bad design, IMO.

• farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 15.12.2016

Just left a co-op I was otherwise happy with because people kept jumping in on my list after I had repeatedly asked them not to. The whole idea of setting personal boundaries then giving others an incentive to violate them is stupid. It's the foundation for all of the worst types of crimes in human history. Whoever thought this was a good idea seriously needs to have their head examined.

Please, Mimi, try not to blame your Co-Op for that.  Place the blame precisely where it belongs, square on the shoulders of GGS. 

For whatever reason, they designed it so that unless *everyone* in the Co-Op is at 100%, the entire Co-Op is unable to progress to Phase 3 and work on either the Co-Op quest, or their individual personal quest.

This is causing hard feelings among many players, because there are a lot of members in the Co-Op (like yourself, apparently) who want to do Phase 1 "by themselves".

However, in doing so, the entire Co-Op is punished (by having to stay in Phase 1 & Phase 2) while the other members "wait" for those players to finish their lists.

Because of this, many players are jumping onto others people lists, trying to get the entire Co-Op DONE so that (the entire Co-Op) can move on to Phase 3. 

As I said, this causes hard feelings to those people who want to "do it themselves".

My Co-Op is no exception; we sailed through Phase 1 in a matter of hours, and some were upset because they wanted to do their list themselves, having already sowed special seeds, premium humus, etc., and it was all wasted because their lists were finished before they even got to harvest.  Because of this, we set a 50/50 rule; each member would have 48 hours to work on their own lists before receiving any help from other members.  This is going to cause us to miss out on the Co-Op project for sure, but maybe some of us can get a few personal quests done in the 48 hours or so after everyone's lists are done.

I don't know why GGS did it this way.  Hopefully, they take note of this and take it into account on future events like this one.  Individual players should have been able to work on their Personal Quests without having to wait for everyone else; that way those people who want to do their lists themselves can, and it doesn't punish other players by not allowing them to progress into Phase 3.

It's just a bad design, IMO.

I understand all of that Southern, this wasn't my first time through the event. This post was aimed at GGS, not my former co-op. I had absolutely no intention of making them wait on me. Several other lists were still at a relatively low percentage and I would have welcomed help when all of the rest were close to done.
    Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
  • bablou1 (NL1)bablou1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 82

So far I must be the only one not having a 26 decoration? (besides the huge gap between)
    I dont know about the cooperative happiness thing, cause in our coop we didnt get time to finish our coop one. 

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @Southern (US1)With all the respect I think you only got that half right. GG created crap cooperative system promoting greed, selfishness,anti-fair play, pear pressure, stress etc. We all know that. And maybe this satan's list as some call it is one of the worst expressions of it in a sense. But then you need people who submit to that and act accordingly. It's players who give that system it's power. With certain type of moderate and considerate players this GG designed pressure system would be absolutely powerless. It's players who think about themselves first, then themselves second, and then somewhere way down the road on horizon maybe about others. Players who can't think of saying "enough" to GG pressure system for the benefit of others, as all they care about  is just themselves or who are addicted to the game and can't control themselves, have compulsive disorder manners etc. If we all chose not to submit to what is wrong wth BF, no matter what tricks they try to push, it wouldn't work and they might even end up out of business pretty soon instead. :) But as it is they thrive with this insensitive brutal philosophy cause there's enough players who submit to it and actually support and enjoy it. Peace. :)
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    @Data King (US1)
    I wasn't panicking. I barely ever panic. Maybe my post wasn't clear as it was late at night.
    Anyway I was referring to the "0 happiness points required" to get the hard working reward. And how do you really know there is 8?
    I was trying to say that the list seemed to keep increasing as you got the rewards. Before getting the first reward I saw 1/1 rewards. Then we got the second reward and the numbers in the list changed to 1/2 for the first reward, and 2/2 for the second. After we got the second reward, for the first reward you could see 1/3, for the second 2/3 and for the third 3/3, so the last number of the rewards seem to change? so the list keeps increasing? At first there was only one reward, then 2 then 3 and so on. It does look like there is only 8 since after getting the 8 no new ones seem to be appearing, but why they don'e show the whole list from the beginning?

More over about the happiness. The happiness required for the first reward was something like 2. We had more than 2 happiness.  The new reward happiness was something like 4 and we had more at that point? Then for the third 6, which we had more and for the fourth 0 happiness points??? what?? that is what it is confusing me. So I do not understand the logic about the happiness required for getting the rewards. Now that the new chapter started and we got the 8 rewards all rewards say happiness required 0.
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    If you'll biuld vagons and try to redesign your farm it can end like this:

Be careful )
  • Prase2 (INT1)Prase2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 56
    How to advance when we are constantly occurring fault! And others in my village have the same problem. We are vulnerable in competition.

8.png 371.5K
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    not sure if this bug is related to everything else in relation to this event ... but all the decos in my deco tower that were unlocked have suddenly all become locked again. 

not sure if this bug is related to everything else in relation to this event ... but all the decos in my deco tower that were unlocked have suddenly all become locked again. 

I suggest you try the usual. Log out clear your browser history, then log back in. I find this usually clears up most of the trouble most of the time.
    How 2 clear your browser http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
     If that does not work then try emptying your flash player cashe.
    How 2 empty your flash player  https://forums.adobe.com/message/4278569
Sign In to comment.