Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 8th - "Christmas Preparations Event" & Village Happiness - Discussion

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gizmo22 (AU1)

The timer was corrected during today's fix and is now displaying accurately, so please don't be confused by the post you are quoting above.  It was made before the fix was implemented.

Rowdy

Rowdy, do you pick and choose which questions to answer?  I appreciate players responses, but the only ones that can definitively answer are the moderators.  I've had two opposite responses to some of my questions.

1. How and When can a member leave a co-op and not penalize the co-ops numbers;
    2. Will leaving after a chapter nullify my donations or jeopardize the value of the décor?
    3. Will there EVER be a opt-out option or button?
    4.  Are the amount of donated products dependent upon the number of people in co-op or number of open slots? 

I LOVE my co-op but because of the number of fields I have I cannot possibly participate in this event since chapters get harder.
    Wendy,

Moderators are players - just like you and I - only with the additional duties of (trying) to keep the message boards clean and on-topic (and make the occasional announcement).  They aren't developers.  They typically don't have the type(s) of answers that only the programmers can give.  They can REQUEST that information, but getting those answers is going to be fairly low on a programmers priority list, if they even know the answer themselves without having to dig into the code.

We used to have Community Managers here that worked directly for GGS (Latten, Popeye, and few others), who could just walk down the hall and knock on a programmers door and ask them, but those folks are gone. :(
    THIS so much!!!!! THX @Southern (US1)

In addition: we - the other players - really, really, really cherish our moderators very much, as it is admirable what they do for us and how much of their free time and energy they spend to keep this forum clean and on topic!! So please treat them well and with respect !! 
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gizmo22 (AU1)

The timer was corrected during today's fix and is now displaying accurately, so please don't be confused by the post you are quoting above.  It was made before the fix was implemented.

Rowdy

Rowdy, do you pick and choose which questions to answer?  I appreciate players responses, but the only ones that can definitively answer are the moderators.  I've had two opposite responses to some of my questions.

2. Will leaving after a chapter nullify my donations or jeopardize the value of the décor?
    4.  Are the amount of donated products dependent upon the number of people in co-op or number of open slots? 

I LOVE my co-op but because of the number of fields I have I cannot possibly participate in this event since chapters get harder.
    Wendy,

Moderators are players - just like you and I - only with the additional duties of (trying) to keep the message boards clean and on-topic (and make the occasional announcement).  They aren't developers.  They typically don't have the type(s) of answers that only the programmers can give.  They can REQUEST that information, but getting those answers is going to be fairly low on a programmers priority list, if they even know the answer themselves without having to dig into the code.

We used to have Community Managers here that worked directly for GGS (Latten, Popeye, and few others), who could just walk down the hall and knock on a programmers door and ask them, but those folks are gone. :(
    THIS so much!!!!! THX @Southern (US1)

In addition: we - the other players - really, really, really cherish our moderators very much, as it is admirable what they do for us and how much of their free time and energy they spend to keep this forum clean and on topic!! So please treat them well and with respect !! 
    Yes we need to appreciate our moderator , they really doing great work :smiley:
    But GGS is always kidding , this santa they provide 3 square per happiness or 3.5 square per happiness even then 37 members coop fill 100% , its a bad event does not a single good deco.
    Instead of this they need to happiness of chap 1 in chap2, so that we will get a good deco from chapter 2 and same process till chap 4.
  • Hey guys would somebody help me. I looked through tons of messages & couldn't quite find the answer to this question: Do you start back at Chapter 1 if a new member joins your co-op at the beginning of Chapter 2? What are the consequences for all if they do?
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    No. crazier (US1) said:
    Hey guys would somebody help me. I looked through tons of messages & couldn't quite find the answer to this question: Do you start back at Chapter 1 if a new member joins your co-op at the beginning of Chapter 2? What are the consequences for all if they do?
    If your coop collectively finished chapter 1, you keep that decoration and your progress. In chapter 2, that new player will contribute to that and subsequent weeks' progress.

Depending on the time that new person joins during that week, you might be put back to the first stage of the week's order, that is, needing everyone to finish their lists 100% before moving onto the bonus stage for that week.

Hope that helps.
  • @CuddlyFoxes, isn't the 4th day ie last day was helping others day? I am getting this message

Please do clarify this doubt.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @CuddlyFoxes, isn't the 4th day ie last day was helping others day? I am getting this message

Please do clarify this doubt.

There is no specific "Helping Others" day like there was in the event last year.  This year, EVERY day is "Helping Others" day. :)

The catch is, you have to be 100% done with your OWN list before you can "Help" anyone else.

So if anyone in your Co-Op is at 100%, they can help the other members with their lists (including helping you with your list), but you can't help anyone else until YOU get to 100%.

So the quicker you, or other members of your Co-Op reach 100%, the quicker those people can start helping other people finish their lists.
  • I was donating wildflowers for my personal quest & when I went to make final donation it had changed to a whole new one rutabaga. What's up?
    I was donating wildflowers for my personal quest & when I went to make final donation it had changed to a whole new one rutabaga. What's up?
    Sounds like you finished Wildflowers and maybe just didn't realize it.

Do you have a +1.00 next to the smiley face in the ornament? If so that means you finished the wildflowers and moved on to Rutabaga. :)
  • There is no specific "Helping Others" day like there was in the event last year.  This year, EVERY day is "Helping Others" day. :)
    Thank you for the info..... :)
  • I was donating wildflowers for my personal quest & when I went to make final donation it had changed to a whole new one rutabaga. What's up?

What's going on - I made this comment because it happened to me. I don't know why it shows crazier (a member in the same co-op)
    Rowdy Rac said:
    Farmers,

Be aware that chapter 1 of Santa's wish list will end on Wednesday at 23:59 CET, 

and that the timer showing on the event is not correct at this point.
    Please spread the word !

Rowdy
    @Rowdy Rac , do we know yet if US1 is going to follow the same reset time as the rest of the servers?

(Referring to the bug where "Day 1" is usually only 6 hours long, such as for the Rudolph event - if you didn't get the Day 1 reward in the first 6 hours, you had to buy that days reward with gold).

Just a little worried that if this event is going to suffer from the same bug, we may wind up getting reset 18 hours early..
    Well, ouchie.  Chapter 1 just ended on US1 (and I assume AUS1).

Exactly 18 hours earlier than the Timer indicated it would, as I feared. :(

I wonder how many just got burned. :(
  • Rowdy Rac said:
    @gizmo22 (AU1)

Rowdy

Wendy,

Didn't realize there was a difference (community manager vs moderator).  I apologize to moderators for   not having information you need to do this job.  That must be very frustrating.  I just wish there was a community manager that can answer my questions.  Maybe someone on another server has a community manager with answers>.??? 
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    Why did game end Chapter 1 early & how come members are being asked to collect items that they don't have yet?
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well Data said we would get burned and we did we were few thousand from getting the bonus deco point for the fourth attempt i might add.  All this work and my deco is a 33 coop mates is a 27 are you freaking kidding me.  NOW I have 2080 Aloe gels to harvest  please ridiculous.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 14.12.2016
    Why did game end Chapter 1 early & how come members are being asked to collect items that they don't have yet?
    There was mistake with the time set up from the beginning.
    Chapter 2 started at midnight EST Tuesday Dec 13
    You now have 4 full days to complete the 3 phases/steps of the chapter.
    Phase 1 harvest your list
    Phase 2 those that have finished harvesting their list can help other to finish their list with donations.
    Phase 3 Once all lists are 100% done Start the co op & personal challenge.
    The more challenges completed the better the happiness values for the deco earned for that chapter.

The items should be player related. If the player can build it it can produce the product. Not related to what is on your farms.
    Example at level 25 you can build an Almond orchard does not mean you have built it yet in order for the item Almonds to be ask for. Hope your co op neighbors can help :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Now might be a good time to just walk away. :)
  • Rowdy Rac said:
    Farmers,

Be aware that chapter 1 of Santa's wish list will end on Wednesday at 23:59 CET, 

and that the timer showing on the event is not correct at this point.
    Please spread the word !

Rowdy
    @Rowdy Rac , do we know yet if US1 is going to follow the same reset time as the rest of the servers?

(Referring to the bug where "Day 1" is usually only 6 hours long, such as for the Rudolph event - if you didn't get the Day 1 reward in the first 6 hours, you had to buy that days reward with gold).

Just a little worried that if this event is going to suffer from the same bug, we may wind up getting reset 18 hours early..
    Well, ouchie.  Chapter 1 just ended on US1 (and I assume AUS1).

Exactly 18 hours earlier than the Timer indicated it would, as I feared. :(

I wonder how many just got burned. :(
    ME! I came home from work to find the 10k cabbage donated(many special seeds and seaweed used) all for nothing.I have another 1k ready and only had another 2k to go. What a horrendous waste of time and resources. I am sorely disappointed.
    I think players should be awarded the deco anyway as an apology for such a total  (and easily avoided) SCREW UP
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    @Niryn (INT1)

The Guardian period is not a fixed time. It starts immediately when the 1st coop member finishes their list and ends immediately when all the lists are completed. It may take a while or may indeed be completed in 40 minutes or less, depending on the coop.

As to the issue of the timer ...
    The timer initially showed the countdown for the entire event, something like 20 days (I don't recall the exact number).  Then we, the players, requested that it be fine-tuned so that we could more easily see how much time we had left, and so it was changed to show the time left for the first chapter (which lasts, as all the chapters do, 4 days).

However, a mistake seemed to have slipped in yesterday when the timer was adjusted, and it showed 1 day extra.
    That mistake was fixed today, it now show the correct time until the end of chapter one.

Hence I will have to respectfully disagree with you, the timer bug has indeed been fixed.
    Thank you, that explains everything. c:
  • I was in the bonus period (3) of SWL, still with more than 16 hours ahead to spend, but it jumped right back to the mission period (1) and freezed on my old list that was already 100% completed.
    Did SWL ended or is it a bug? Anyone else with the same problem? 
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    you are now on week 2  magicpotions

edited 14.12.2016
    Just a quick FWIW, the timer on US1 is still currently incorrect. It shows that Chapter 2 will end in 4D 18H, when it should again just be 4 days.  The (incorrect) timer would make Chapter 2 end on Sunday at 6PM EST, when it's actually going to end 18 hours BEFORE that at (Saturday night, 11:59pm EST).

So unless they fix it again, please spread the word through your Co-Ops that the timer is still showing an extra 18 hours that shouldn't be there (unless it's fixed between now and then).

(ON US1 ONLY)
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    I am on the AU1 server & we still have 15hrs & 48 mins to go until chapter 1 is finished on Santa's Wish List it has not finished here

So maybe there is a bug on the USA server :((
  • magicpotions (PT1)magicpotions (PT1) PT1 Posts: 916
    edited 14.12.2016
    you are now on week 2  magicpotions

Thanks for the reply Damaria3.
    But if I´m on week 2 shouldn't it started a new task already?

Post edited by magicpotions (PT1) on
    I am on the AU1 server & we still have 15hrs & 48 mins to go until chapter 1 is finished on Santa's Wish List it has not finished here

So maybe there is a bug on the USA server :((
    Thanks Carjola. I thought AU1 and US1 had the same bug, but I guess they don't. :)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I am FURIOUS about this.  The time changed when no one was expecting it.  We had one farmer log on and start right before then, and we had not finished, because no one in the coop thought the time was about to change.  Now everyone is mad (and they should be) that we did not get our reward.

This is a test of GGS.  You MUST make this right.  I cannot keep some of these members happy.  You are going to lose players if you do not correct things like this!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Secondly, you are installing things too fast with too many bugs.  It is absolutely absurd that you are installing the village in the middle of this.....completely and totally absurd!

(And I am usually for an aggressive update schedule, but it is getting out of hand).
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Secondly, you are installing things too fast with too many bugs.  It is absolutely absurd that you are installing the village in the middle of this.....completely and totally absurd!

(And I am usually for an aggressive update schedule, but it is getting out of hand).
    I totally agree. It was introduced to the test server first but previous new features were not adequately debugged before going live. And not because there was no feedback......
  • greygal (US1)greygal (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 14.12.2016
    @WascallyWabbit

My hard work rewards are not advancing past hard work reward number 8. Are there only 8 hard work rewards? If so, that's pretty lame :( Hopefully this is just a bug.

Edit: Several of my coop mates are reporting that their hard work rewards are also stuck at hard work reward number 8.

http://puu.sh/sP9bh/46ea1cf494.png
    Post edited by greygal (US1) on
  • MelodyTime (US1)MelodyTime (US1) Posts: 1
    edited 14.12.2016
    The time bug needs to be corrected WITH WARNING, considering that my Coop was working on the previous chapter just last night under the impression we had another day (timer-induced misconception, apparently).  We go to sleep, we wake up, and it feels like nothing but wasted effort when we open Big Farm and have already started the next chapter.
  • thesurveydoc (US1)thesurveydoc (US1) Posts: 80
    edited 14.12.2016
    We lost 12-18 hrs!?!?!

-When the Christmas Prep event started the timer showed the time for the ENTIRE event.
    -This was corrected to show the time for Ch.1 only, but it was wrong.
    -This was corrected and the timer showed that Ch. 1 would end today 12/14 at 6PM (ET), which was correct based on a start time of Sat. 12/10 6PM (ET).
    -But, I wake up today and Ch. 1 has ended, Ch 2 has started and the timer says that Ch. 2 has 4days and 12hrs to go.

What gives?  We've lost 12-18 hrs for Ch.1 and we now have 12-18 extra hrs for Ch. 2?  How difficult is it to get a clock/timer right?

(12hrs based on current time (ET).  18hrs based on assumption that change occured at midnight (ET))
Sign In to comment.