Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 14th - Cooperative Village & Championship reward changes - Discussion

Hi Guys,

Have fun discussing the latest update here. :)

Comments

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 13.12.2016
    Im a little confused, so the upcoming CC is the same as the usual CC (with new rewards) or will it be like the coop village CC/league competition that we briefly practiced on the test server..?

Edit: Ah I think I got it now... so village and edge-seeds introduction is separate to the upcoming (normal mission-type) CC. No Village league competition yet. Right? Do correct me if Im wrong please.

And yeayy to the mystery gold boxes!
  • Chimino (HIS1)Chimino (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 45
    Wow I am excited!!! as usual all the good prizes are for one co-op...very disappointed...the co-op which spends more money/gold right? :/ :I
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

Can you please let us know how long the XP and the horseshoe boosters will last ?  Do they last for a limited time or until next Coop-Cha ?

And how about the other prizes of the hard working part ?  Are there any changes there ?  A lot of people have complained about these prizes: there has been no answer at all by GGS, and this announcement is still quite vague

Thank you   :)

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Is it top 1 and top 5 in each league that can choose the prizes - I dont quite understand that
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I just hope it still is not 70% loss of crops as a penalty with edge crops once village launches especially if Santa also wants stuff from fields and gardens . The CC I am ignoring ,I am just chilling now on farm . I think GGS could have waited to after Santa to introduce the village 
  • passi_ona (DE1)passi_ona (DE1) DE1 Posts: 874
    Why is it not again in German forum people so it goes no further
  • By all means....
    Start the Chrismas Prep event,
    throw on a Co-op Championship,
    then roll out the Co-op Village (which when I last played it on the test server, was still full of bugs).

You people are insane!  Please hold off on the CV roll-out until the Christmas Prep event and Co-op Championship have ended!
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Glad we've got gold in the CC again.  :smiley:

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    Why such a rush. Why dont you wait with the coop vilage after the hollidays, so we can enjoy it in peace.
    Gotta agree with thesurveydoc (US1) said:
    By all means....
    Start the Chrismas Prep event,
    throw on a Co-op Championship,
    then roll out the Co-op Village (which when I last played it on the test server, was still full of bugs).

You people are insane!  Please hold off on the CV roll-out until the Christmas Prep event and Co-op Championship have ended!
    The Co-op Village is way too new, way too big, way too complex an addition to be added in the midst of these other events.  There's already a lot of explaining necessary just to get everyone through the Santa Event.  And the Village will require TONS of explanation.  And the CC keeps everyone too busy to listen, experiment and ask questions.  

I'm glad for all the new developments - well done, developers - but let's slow down the roll-out of these things a bit.
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    We still do not know what this village does, they have not answered us at all about the questions we have about it. And now they are planning on introducing it just before the start of the CC.

I do not get it, are there only children working @ GGS that can not calculate, see, listen to the players regarding all the issues we are facing the last few months. Going for village happiness points for the coop is way to expensive (for ONE lousy village happiness point) and what do we get in return? A village with new added bugs, a village where i still do not see the point of and another gold grabbing coop vs coop game.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hey @PINJO1986 (NL1) can I ask you how long have you been playing this game?
    Did any one in your co op sign up for the test server?
    It has always been about how much Gold (real money) they (GGS) can get you to buy and use.
  • magicpotions (PT1)magicpotions (PT1) PT1 Posts: 916
    edited 13.12.2016
    (...)
    It has always been about how much Gold (real money) they (GGS) can get you to buy and use.
    Couldn't agree more, it all become an insane gold rush and we are treated like gold-washers.
    Post edited by magicpotions (PT1) on
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    Think GGS have had Christmas party early. Only reason I can think of to introduce CC when another big challenge is running and start the coop village at same time
    Its run up to Christmas if you haven't noticed lot of people working over time and very busy if got children.
    Stupid is only polite thing I can think off.

How to kill a game. Seen it all before.
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    Hey @PINJO1986 (NL1) can I ask you how long have you been playing this game?
    Did any one in your co op sign up for the test server?
    Does not matter how long i have been playing this game. I know for sure it was way better in the begin days when i a was playing, no shelving in missions, we had some gold market orders in the beginning (they also took that away), santa event was way nicer last year and i can go on for ages about it being much better back in the days. We did have more options to gain some gold without buying it, they all took it away.

And yeah some players from our coop did the test server and not a single player saw the benefit of the village, even the moderators are not giving us the answers we are looking for regarding the new added features of the village.
  • Chimino (HIS1)Chimino (HIS1) HIS1 Posts: 45
    Is it top 1 and top 5 in each league that can choose the prizes - I dont quite understand that
    Only the best Co-op my friend, that`s the point it's not fair as usual.  :| 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @PINJO1986 (NL1) ok so you've been around, by the sounds of it as long as I have. I'm going into my 4th year with this game. Have seen almost all the changes to it. I see them trying to gives us more options to the game to continue to grow it.
     Yes agree some are good, once you understand how they work or what they can do and some are bad, just a money trap. Example temp farms. A bit of a learning curve to work them into your time/build/work management, also known as strategy adjustment. Here is were being a part of a good co op can really help. But do able.

I'm not sure I'd agree that they have taken away more ways to earn Gold than they have added.
    Think about the ratio of, as you said "back in the day" the number of events & activities & the number of ways to earn Gold as compared to what it is now. It is about the same ratio, when they have the Gold Flower Seeds & Gold Mining Licence in the hard work rewards for the Co op Challenge.

As for the co op village, that to I'm with you on. We have a few members who took on the test server to help aide our co op. At this time I see no benefit from it other than a bit of team build work. Potential money pit. 
     Until we know more about the buildings & if they will work together in some way to enable the co op to say, build special decorations, or develop new research. It will be any ones guess.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well the top coop in each of the leagues will be thrilled with this  and it is the same one everytime  so much for spreading the happiness  and we will see  I am betting those goldflower seeds and gml will be scant very few given but you can say you did right. No extra effort for me will stay spending no gold no extra effort.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    It's a great news that GGS has partially added back the gold flower seeds/GML(s).

Good work GGS!
    only 1 mystery box , in that also there are many options 
     :o 
    The advantage of having the Co-op Village is that it provides new buildings (the factories) for co-op members to make money with.  Once the co-op has upgraded a building to a manufacturing level, then co-op members can run that building as if it was on their own farm.  So, they can make Textiles (or whatever) in the Textiles factory and sell them just as they do with their bakery or their flower shop.  The difference is that the co-op as a whole builds and upgrades the factory together rather than the farmer having to upgrade it on his own. 

Also, just like having researches done, it can be a selling point for recruiting people to your co-op.  "We have a Level 15 Textile factory and a Level 12 Mining factory."

Then there's the edge crops.  While you'll mostly just be upgrading the factories by donating edge crops at first, you can also sell those just like regular crops.  So there's yet another income source for your members.  
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    buddy194 Glad you are so gun ho about the coop village and your not selling me about all this sopposed extra money for all that goes into it.  Sorry I am still not sure it isn't a red herring.
    buddy194 Glad you are so gun ho about the coop village and your not selling me about all this sopposed extra money for all that goes into it.  Sorry I am still not sure it isn't a red herring.
    Oh, don't worry, there's plenty of opportunities that will make you want to spend gold on the Village.  :wink:  And truthfully, I'm not that gung ho about the Village.  But people were asking what advantage there was in having it at all - and the short answer to that question is that it provides your members with new ways to make income.  How much income for how much effort?  Don't know.  I'm sure they've changed those numbers from what we played with on the Test server.

Now, what I AM gung ho about is fishing!  Lot of money to be made there!  :smiley:

• Im a little confused, so the upcoming CC is the same as the usual CC (with new rewards) or will it be like the coop village CC/league competition that we briefly practiced on the test server..?

Edit: Ah I think I got it now... so village and edge-seeds introduction is separate to the upcoming (normal mission-type) CC. No Village league competition yet. Right? Do correct me if Im wrong please.

And yeayy to the mystery gold boxes!
    @Michiru (GB1) That's correct. The Village league will not be added to the live servers with this update. :)
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    really happy to hear about cc ;)).
    seriously disinterested in santa event. THANKS GGS:)))

BUT PLEASE INCREASE NUMBER OF SPECIAL MYSTERY BOX REWARD(like 5 to 10) so that everyone stands a good chance of getting gold seeds and gmls:))
  • buddy194 Glad you are so gun ho about the coop village and your not selling me about all this sopposed extra money for all that goes into it.  Sorry I am still not sure it isn't a red herring.
    Oh, don't worry, there's plenty of opportunities that will make you want to spend gold on the Village.  :wink:  And truthfully, I'm not that gung ho about the Village.  But people were asking what advantage there was in having it at all - and the short answer to that question is that it provides your members with new ways to make income.  How much income for how much effort?  Don't know.  I'm sure they've changed those numbers from what we played with on the Test server.

Now, what I AM gung ho about is fishing!  Lot of money to be made there!  :smiley:

I agree.  There are issue with the CV that I was hoping would be addressed before being brought over.  Such has the 70% penalty time on fields, gardens, and meadows as well as the tiny storage and small increments with upgrades.  Once setup I rarely had to donate any farm dollars as the selling of excess items such as timber kept the bank full.   When GGS gave us the additional land this may have been one of the reasons for it.
    Players may need more fields, gardens, and meadows to make CV succeed.

The fishing is working out very well for me.  I have just started using the boats and restaurant on a regular basis.
    level 1 restaurant 20 Roasted Bass sells for 11,760  Not sure what bass cost but apples and production was 4,800 so a profit of approx 6,000 is not bad in one hour and that is taking away 900 for the fish.
    My farm is still small so building up extra funds in storage for expensive upgrades is nice.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    I just hope it still is not 70% loss of crops as a penalty with edge crops once village launches especially if Santa also wants stuff from fields and gardens . The CC I am ignoring ,I am just chilling now on farm . I think GGS could have waited to after Santa to introduce the village 
    This could've been introduced in the new year. Too much going on to waste precious time harvesting for the SWL and confusing the masses that didn't do the test server trial of the village. 

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    This bad timing.  Really bad.  Super bad timing.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 14.12.2016
    @WascallyWabbit there a time known for when the update is planned?
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    So the update of the village is postponed due to bugs still needing a fix. As if they just popped up....yeah right.
    But glad they do not activate it while Santa is running.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I am glad the village was delayed.  This is good by GGS. I want to say something constructive about the CC.  I like most of the changes.  There had been criticism for removing the gold licenses and gold flowers.  My understanding is that now there will be a "chance" to get them through mystery boxes.  What farmers want is knowledge of certain effort being rewarded with some gold, not a "chance" of some gold for some farmers.  If I understand this properly, it will not fix the problem that people have with the removal of the old.
Sign In to comment.