Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 8th - "Christmas Preparations Event" & Village Happiness - Discussion

Comments

• OK. I tell you where you read it. :) From last year Santa thread. :) 
    may be...... :#

• I do have to say that I am not fond/happy with the massive amounts of feeds needed for this event either. On my list I needed about 1400 cow feed......that is running my mill for 15 hours non stop to get 280 feed a mill. The feed amounts are horrible and should have been scaled way back, imagine a level 35 trying to help me with my lists and this items is asking them for massive amounts for feed for that item/slot. This could/can whip them out of much needed feeds for their animals which they need the animals & need to feed them for other things as well as their own farming needs.
    @enochnock (US1)
    The required goods will vary according to the donor's player level. We'll forward your feedback about the amounts of feed required.

Could any moderator @Rowdy Rac @WascallyWabbit @CuddlyFoxes verify pls that the change from 4 to 5 days for chapter 1 is intentional and that the chapter indeed finishes Thursday 11 pm UK time, not originally anounced Wednesday? Thanks. Wouldn't like another bad surprise on Wednesday if that was just a mistake. :)
    @Kamilcom (GB1)
    We will have to check with the devs about this tomorrow. We'll let you know as soon as we find out more. :)

Regarding the start button, we are very sorry but we were given the wrong information. :( We'll keep you informed as we hear anything new.
  • Kaylina (US1)Kaylina (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    I am imagining a game where the holiday effort of developers brings happiness and joy to players, even maybe a nice surprise gift. Too bad this is not that game. Anyone who is surprised at the algorithm that knows what you can't produce without spending real world funds to complete has not been here long. Cooperatives cannot get a happy, collective sense from an event that can only be completed by culling casual players from the team. If we keep spending these grabs will only continue and worsen, how do you plan to communicate with GG if you do not like it? There is one sure way, with your purchases.
    Why does everyone always say that you have to spend real money on these things. I am almost done collecting my stuff and have 3 days left and haven't spent a penny.
  • Did phase 3 have the end? Or contrats keep going till the end of chapter 1?
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    edited 12.12.2016
    I am imagining a game where the holiday effort of developers brings happiness and joy to players, even maybe a nice surprise gift. Too bad this is not that game. Anyone who is surprised at the algorithm that knows what you can't produce without spending real world funds to complete has not been here long. Cooperatives cannot get a happy, collective sense from an event that can only be completed by culling casual players from the team. If we keep spending these grabs will only continue and worsen, how do you plan to communicate with GG if you do not like it? There is one sure way, with your purchases.
    Why does everyone always say that you have to spend real money on these things. I am almost done collecting my stuff and have 3 days left and haven't spent a penny.
    Kaylina that is wonderful. With a one person cooperative it is less complicated. I will look forward to visiting your farm and seeing the complete train after the event!
  • @Southern (US1)
    how about 1.5 million pigs ;) 
    Regardless, I'm having the time of my life :) I really love this event because it is different from our usual ones, requires planning, strategy, team work and coffee :)
    Does the projects in phase 3 vary depending on size of Co-op and level of the members included? 
    Cause 1+ million of anything sounds like a big project for my little Co-op where we are atm only 3 ppl taking part in this event, and I'm the highest level at level 59.. :)
    I'm still cursing the 10k apples on the first part.. :wink:
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Southern (US1)
    Regardless, I'm having the time of my life :) I really love this event because it is different from our usual ones, requires planning, strategy, team work and coffee :)
    Does the projects in phase 3 vary depending on size of Co-op and level of the members included? 
    Cause 1+ million of anything sounds like a big project for my little Co-op where we are atm only 3 ppl taking part in this event, and I'm the highest level at level 59.. :)
    I don't think so.  We've reset like 4 times now (before the patch this morning that fixed the project resetting), and we've seen:

1.7 Million Apples ($780 Million worth)
    174K Wildflowers ($1.74 Million worth)
    55K Bonito ($8.2 Million worth)
    145K Wildflowers ($1.45 Million worth)
    320K Wheat ($96 Million worth)

Pretty wide variation in time & money requirements, especially in the Apples & Wheat.

• koeitje (NL1)koeitje (NL1) Posts: 28
    edited 14.12.2016
    The problem is now solved with the players who suddenly come online while everyone else is already working on phase 3. We now go back to Stage 2 and if that player is at 100%, we are no longer the gedoneren goods lost this problem now dissolved or not. We have made it already once today and we do not again along we have now completed an assignment

Or when suddenly new members how is it then with stage 3

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • edited 12.12.2016
    Farmer Zin (SKN1) said:
    I don't think so.  We've reset like 4 times now (before the patch this morning that fixed the project resetting), and we've seen:

Pretty wide variation in time & money requirements, especially in the Apples & Wheat.

Hmm, would it need to be completely finished in order to be of any use for the event?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 12.12.2016
    Farmer Zin (SKN1) said:

Hmm, would it need to be completely finished in order to be of any use for the event?
    Yup. If you don't finish the entire donation, you get nothing.
  • Yup. If you don't finish the entire donation, you get nothing.
    Not quite the answer I hoped for, but thanks! 
    I'm looking forward to seeing what we get, almost got 3rd player up to 100% now! :)
  • edwinmit (INT1)edwinmit (INT1) INT1 Posts: 47
    if u leave the coop during the event, does that take u and your product and all achievement out of the equation! even if bad?
  • Where is the start button that was supposed to be added?
  • greatbay (US1)greatbay (US1) Posts: 88
    edited 13.12.2016
    Farmer Zin (SKN1) said:

Yup. If you don't finish the entire donation, you get nothing.

You can add 920,000 pigs for a level 3 co op challenge
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    For chapter one, I have no idea whatsoever what I am supposed to do for the chapter one xmas quest, somehow I have it to 14%, no idea how.

There's nothing anywhere to explain what my individual tasks are that I have to do....
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Why have GGS thrown the cooperative contest into the mix with Santa. Getting a huge lump of coal for christmas from me. CC on my ignore list
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Adding cooperative comp now is definitely over-egging the Christmas pudding.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Another point: When we donate it would help to see what's on original order as it helps determine where the player will need help without asking. Didn't we have it like this last year?

And no "start" button is real crap. Top class crap I'd say. :)

CC now? :) Give me a break, will ya? :)

• Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    I think the total amounts we need to donate for certain products is way too much considering the amount of time some of them take to process.
  • laryam (US1)laryam (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    I just want to say that I am enjoying reading every comment (the complains, sarcastic jokes, etc) about the Christmas events.  I am in a cooperative of three (me, myself and I),so I guess that when I am done with the first chapter I won't be able to continue because myself and I already told that they don't want any help.
    So just relax and enjoy the game. :D
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @laryam (US1) That sounds like a perfect cooperative. :) No need for lengthy disputes among team mates trying to explain how this mess works. What one knows, the whole team knows. :)
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    Thank you all for the info. This has explained things for me. :) 
  • Was the question of fish answered?  Will fish be a part of collecting/donating?
    We are not sure yet 
    i have the same problem. catching or selling does'nt make a differrence. im still at 0/830 bass. what can i do
     do?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Was the question of fish answered?  Will fish be a part of collecting/donating?
    We are not sure yet 
    i have the same problem. catching or selling does'nt make a differrence. im still at 0/830 bass. what can i do
     do?
    I think others have posted that Oleg has to do the catching.
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    Why are farms opening up on santas  list who have not started.
    This is second one that has opened with player not harvesting anything.
     We are over half way through the extra challenge for coop and we have gone back to list for a player who not playing  list reads 0%. It is now Blocking the challenge. 99% of players are now in Bed

Mikes coop (UK1) Server

not supposed to open unless they do item on list and know not harvested anything let alone what's on list.
  • Hey, looking for a little guidance ... One of my co-op members asked for help collecting apples for their wish list.  I've got apples to give, but when I click on the wish list, apples don't appear on the list.  In fact, several items they've said are on their list don't appear.  Another of my co-op members said they'd had the same problem and to try the old log out / log back in trick.  I tried that ... still not seeing the right items on their list.

What should I try next?
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 14.12.2016

If GGS is going to keep this free for all format they should just do away with the individual lists and rewards and make it one big bonus round. In my co-op a few deep pockets members quickly finished their lists then immediately pounced on everyone else's. They kept the extra rewards for themselves and didn't give most of the other members a chance to earn any. Many likely didn't even realize there were extra rewards because their lists were finished for them too quick. Some members could have really used the extra profits to be gained in this event but others, in their greed, never took that into consideration.

Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
  • @Southern (US1)

We were told that the calculations for coops was being based off of how many openings a coop has. Not by how many people are actually in a coop

I think I am a bit angry about how they came up with the calculations based off of how many opening slots.  According to them we are playing with 68 people instead of the 53 we actually have and as far as I know it doesn't take into account what level farms players have.  I suspect that is why our coop  is not able to complete our task of 2.7 million apples.  15 additional active players would definitely be of use for this event based on that.  Or maybe if everyone was a level 150 or above.

On top of that I suspect they make it large to encourage people to spend gold to pop. I am getting tired of this game making gold use more a a requirement than an advantage.

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Your game is not bugged @Prider (US1), that is the way it's designed. Your teammate will have to tell you the number slot she/he needs help with. No ones items will match up.
  • vtkady (US1)vtkady (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    I'm wondering what others are thinking of the bonus round (the coop portion).  We have over 142k chicken feed required for an increase in value of 1 for the deco?  That doesn't sound very cost effective, and now the coop challenge is coming.  That's a lot of effort for very little gain from where I sit.  Any other opinions?
Sign In to comment.