Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 8th - "Christmas Preparations Event" & Village Happiness - Discussion

Comments

• Tiggergirl77 (US1)Tiggergirl77 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    edited 12.12.2016
    Well, a quick survey of my co-op's members who started their wish lists (most of them inadvertently!) makes it look like EVERYONE has an item on it that is impossible for them to complete.  (6 days of cherry growing to be done in the next four days, for example.)  So it would seem that no one will be able to help anyone else finish their list, since no one will be able to finish their own list.  Great job, GGS!
    You can complete it if you use seaweed fertilizer  :)

Arwyn , the point is you CANT complete the list without using some other outside aid.... mainly using exorbitant  amounts of cash or using gold, or something that requires gold buying (such as seaweed feed) ... or for those who will definitely say "well, we've gotten things like seaweed without spending gold, so you don't *have* to buy gold in this game"   BULL.... when I spend gold on something, or get gold in order to get something, like seaweed, i'd like the option to use it *as I see fit*, not being forced to use it to complete something GGS has made as an event
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 12.12.2016
    So having no start button means I won't be able to farm for 5 weeks because I know I will be busy with the holidays and therefore not be able to fill my orders. Hmmmm, maybe I will have forgotten about playing entirely after 5 weeks. 
    You might want to ask your coop to see how they feel.  Or, you could just farm normally, and if your coop boots you out, there are plenty who would be glad to have you.

GGS really needs to reevaluate how this thing is set up.  
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @Southern (US1) CONGRATS!  Quite an improvement.  We, on the other hand went from the 174K of WF to 420K of Wheat when our absent member joined this afternoon.  I've got to say I'm very thankful it wasn't the 1.7M Apples  :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Southern (US1) CONGRATS!  Quite an improvement.  We, on the other hand went from the 174K of WF to 420K of Wheat when our absent member joined this afternoon.  I've got to say I'm very thankful it wasn't the 1.7M Apples  :)
    I hope no Co-Op gets those Apples. I can't even imagine what would make GGS think that it's possible for a Co-Op to harvest that many apples in 3 days. :neutral:

Or 420K wheat, for that matter.
  • Another point: Although in-game help seems to be mostly clear enough there's nowhere in the game for a player to learn that chapter lasts 4 days. Think this info would be usefull so that players don't come to forums ask the same question again and again. Info in help or chapter count down timer would nicely sort this out.

It might also help to place a link lin "help" window to event anouncement on forum, simmilar to what we have in Racing Farmer News.
    Right!  Especially since the title at the top of the list specifically states: "Order of the week"  
    ummmmm... the last time I checked a week is 7 days.... not 4.... and if the order needs to be filled in 4 days - GGS needs to state that clearly in the pop up window - not on the forum - because most people don't look on the forum...............  again........ GGS stinks at making things clear as to how they work and they wonder why people get upset..................
    Heh.. Well, scratch THOSE 174K WildFlowers. Just had another member come on and reset us when we were almost done with 'em.. So we lost all those WildFlowers and now we have to do 55,249 Bonito.

I'm *just* about ready to forget Phase 3 exists and just ignore it.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Why should GGS be blamed for the fact that a lot of people don't look at the forum? Those people want to play a game, and if there is a forum which can give a lot of information and answers, it's their responsibility to read that forum. If they choose not to and miss information because of that choice, they should blame themselves, not others.

So easy to always blame others for your own doing/not doing! Your movements and your choices are your responsibilities.
  • h2os (US1)h2os (US1) Posts: 1
    edited 12.12.2016

@KarenKay (US1) I haven't been posting, but i'm in Southerns coop and i'd just like to say... it happened to us. Most of the way through wildflowers, reset to Bonitos :smile: caused quite the commotion, but at least not apples again. Your'e not alone!

Oops. I was a page behind in the list :) 
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036

@KarenKay (US1) I haven't been posting, but i'm in Southerns coop and i'd just like to say... it happened to us. Most of the way through wildflowers, reset to Bonitos :smile: caused quite the commotion, but at least not apples again. Your'e not alone!
    Oh my, so sorry to hear it happened again.  I told my coop not to sweat it.  We earned the Ice Palace last year and were able to upgrade the happiness using the landscape artist, so why overwork yourselves for at best 4 measly points when you can easily upgrade later. They're working on their individual quests and restocking as their priorities, and if we make it past this bonus quest, we'll see what the next one entails.  :)
  • Lambcake we will take you here at Dignity ... we would love to have you join us .... and we have one opening too .. think about it ...lol... and still loving the event .. been restarted 2 times now ...  plugging along .. working on our personal quests ... the coop quest can wait till the last members show up
    Why should GGS be blamed for the fact that a lot of people don't look at the forum? Those people want to play a game, and if there is a forum which can give a lot of information and answers, it's their responsibility to read that forum. If they choose not to and miss information because of that choice, they should blame themselves, not others.

So easy to always blame others for your own doing/not doing! Your movements and your choices are your responsibilities.
    To be honest, players shouldn't have to rely on a forum to get the basic "How-Tos" of a game, and this game is sorely lacking in communicating how to do things.  

People don't visit for a lot of reasons:  1) aversion to having to create a new account, 2) thinking it's just a place to socialize and not realizing it can be a huge help, 3) some who play on the US server may be lacking enough confidence in their English skills to interact with others, 4) time, 5) aversion to some of the petty drama and fights (kept to a minimum by outstanding mods, thank goodness), and so on.  

When I first joined, I was so overwhelmed with all that was going on, I didn't even notice the pull-down menu with the link to the forum for months!  :)  When a coop member recently sent an e-mail asking a question about the game that I couldn't answer, I suggested he/she visit the forum and ask the question here.  Their response was, "What Forum?  How do I find it?"  Just sayin'.

You raised an interesting point, but I don't agree that players should be blamed for what is lacking in the game -- good communication.  :)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 14.12.2016
    Dearest Kamilcom
    your post sounded like  you were implying that we used gold to finish our first phase .... I will haveyou know that that is not so .... we just preparedfor the event for the last 10 day ... upgrading barns and filling them ... and starting the event with everything ready to harvest ... it was a strtigic move that most of us made and it worked for us .... and now we are doing that again in anticipation for chapter two .... I'm sorry you feel that everyone is using gold ... but that is just not soo ... good luck to you and thank you for the vote of confidence to all the  non-gold gamers ...
    Hi and thanks. :) Finally somebody loves me so much as to call me "dearest". :) And no, I'm not a cyborg so don't have any gold spending connected feelings. :) Surely not everybody, but I do expect that some among you used gold or seaweed to speed some harvests to finish their order quick and start guardian domino effect by helping others from stock, which is not a problem at all as seaweed and gold is part of the game. Maybe you were lucky with orders and didn't need to use much speed ups (or none with extreme luck) to do it all in 3 hours (which I clearly doubt as you can see, and frankly you didn't watch all other 12 mates either). Anyway, cool. Glad you're happy. It worked for you. Full barns for sure help in this event. But how does your excited "forget it all" etc. help those who for example needed 9 harvests of L7 cherry orchards? Would you prepare to have 9 L7 cherries? :) In last ten days? How?  Or what about 1200 pig feed? How would you make 1200 pig feed in 3 hours? Or 12 fields of lamb lettuce? On and on could I go with examples of orders that would defy the best preparation and laugh at your "forget it all" advice. What if everybody in cooperative has such orders which some reported in the thread, so everybody is facing a few days of work and thus nobody can start the chain by helping others early? How would full barns help you in that case to finish n 3 hours? :) Does it give you some hints? Anyways, we can all still do it in 3 hours, can't we? :) Just let's forget the numbers. :)
    I hope no Co-Op gets those Apples. I can't even imagine what would make GGS think that it's possible for a Co-Op to harvest that many apples in 3 days. :neutral:

I can imagine that quite easily what would make them think that. :) Hint hint?  :):)

Posts Merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • Why did they put fishing on the list? Seriously, I tried it one day and found it to be a total waste of my time. Might as well put horse events on there if they are going to put fishing. At least the horse area is entertaining, The list should have just been about the farming hence the name Big Farm. 

I am telling my co-op I don't care about this event and I don't care what happens in it. Fishing? I think I will repaint some walls and watch the paint dry, that would be more fun for me.

Please don't say I can send that dude out there for me --- that is wasting my farm dollars on something that is just lame.
    Actually, that dude is not wasting money, he's gaining dollars. If you send that dude just for bass and bonito you sell what he brings with +100 % margin (pays you what it cost you to send him plus the same on top of that). If you send old dude in boat, he'll bring you fish worth of up to 285 000 dollars with possible net income of up to 230 500 dollars from just one boat trip. And Mermaid Bay products on top of that, which can further increase the value. On very bussy days he's giving me up to about 1.5 or possibly near 2 milion dollars net income on just level 16. Potential of higher level MB recepies is still greater.

I know it can be time consuming trying to analyse everything which GG throws at us but on the other hand no point getting mad just because you haven't done your homework and have no idea how usefull that old dude can be. :) Peace.
    I don't give a rat's if he makes me money or not. I don't care for the fishing aspect of the game, I play to farm not work a fish fry. Just like those who don't involve much time in the horses.

Fishing should be like the horses in that they should not be involved in events. They want us to fish but the fish we catch doesn't count toward our totals? That is stupid.

Instead of fishing they should have added weed to the game. We could plant our weed crops, sell at the organic market and to fill our orders. Now that would make the game more enjoyable to me. 
  • Kaylina (US1)Kaylina (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    edited 14.12.2016
    I guess I'm really not understanding the people from the coops where the whole coop is NOT participating in the Christmas event. Just let your people know in your coop that the coop will not be participating in the event and if things "accidentally" get harvested for the lists, so what? The only way it really matters is if you are actually worried about completing the event.

My worry, for those that ARE participating, is that I got Bonito on my list, but when I fish for it, it doesn't show up on the list. I put in a bug for it, but I'm not sure if, by the time they fix it, I will be able to collect the fish.
    Was the question of fish answered?  Will fish be a part of collecting/donating?
    Yes, fish are a part of the event, however, I had to put in a bug because they are not being counted so far.

Posts Merged | Cuddly
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @Kaylina (US1) Send Oleg for bonito. He counts.
  • Kaylina (US1)Kaylina (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    @Kaylina (US1) Send Oleg for bonito. He counts.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I normally do all fishing myself and just send him out for training. But, I'll try that, instead.
    edited 12.12.2016
    Why did they put fishing on the list? Seriously, I tried it one day and found it to be a total waste of my time. Might as well put horse events on there if they are going to put fishing. At least the horse area is entertaining, The list should have just been about the farming hence the name Big Farm. 

I am telling my co-op I don't care about this event and I don't care what happens in it. Fishing? I think I will repaint some walls and watch the paint dry, that would be more fun for me.

Please don't say I can send that dude out there for me --- that is wasting my farm dollars on something that is just lame.
    Actually, that dude is not wasting money, he's gaining dollars. If you send that dude just for bass and bonito you sell what he brings with +100 % margin (pays you what it cost you to send him plus the same on top of that). If you send old dude in boat, he'll bring you fish worth of up to 285 000 dollars with possible net income of up to 230 500 dollars from just one boat trip. And Mermaid Bay products on top of that, which can further increase the value. On very bussy days he's giving me up to about 1.5 or possibly near 2 milion dollars net income on just level 16. Potential of higher level MB recepies is still greater.

I know it can be time consuming trying to analyse everything which GG throws at us but on the other hand no point getting mad just because you haven't done your homework and have no idea how usefull that old dude can be. :) Peace.
    I don't give a rat's if he makes me money or not. I don't care for the fishing aspect of the game, I play to farm not work a fish fry. Just like those who don't involve much time in the horses.

Fishing should be like the horses in that they should not be involved in events. They want us to fish but the fish we catch doesn't count toward our totals? That is stupid.

Instead of fishing they should have added weed to the game. We could plant our weed crops, sell at the organic market and to fill our orders. Now that would make the game more enjoyable to me. 
    Like it or not, fishing is part of the game.  Personally, I don't like having fields or pigstys, I'd rather just buy my corn, wheat, dandelions, (etc.) and make the feed that way, but if I want to do the weekly events & the HWE I *have* to have those fields & pigstys.

Same for the upcoming Village League, if you want to participate in that you're going to HAVE to have a fisherman and a "balanced" farm - 1 field and 1 pigsty just ain't gonna cut it when you have to harvest 10,000 bass and 14,000 pigs before the "other" team does (at least, if you want to win). :)  Large farms that are nothing but 100% Chicken Coops, Cowsheds & Duck Ponds aren't going to cut it in the Village League and it's going to be a quite a wake up call to a lot of high level players I suspect.

I can imagine that quite easily what would make them think that. :) Hint hint?  :):)
    Hey, I'm *trying* to give them the benefit of the doubt here...

They're not making it easy. :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Hopefully a moderator or someone will be able to answer this question  We started on Sat 6:00 est so will chapter 1 end on Wed 6:00 est that would be four days.  Verification from a moderator would be great or if your not sure just tell me.
    Hopefully a moderator or someone will be able to answer this question  We started on Sat 6:00 est so will chapter 1 end on Wed 6:00 est that would be four days.  Verification from a moderator would be great or if your not sure just tell me.
    They can't, Damaria.  The Developers don't even know the answer. 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3320011/#Comment_3320011

Just be prepared for it to reset at 11:59pm EST Tuesday night.  If it doesn't, it'll most likely reset at 6:00pm EST Wednesday night.
  • synergylw (US1)synergylw (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    We finished our list and started on the bonus round for wildflowers for the coop part.  A member signed into the game and started their list so it stopped our bonus round until we helped them complete their list.  When the bonus round came back it was cabbage in huge amounts not comparable to what wildflowers had been.  Our members had been using special seeds, seaweed, and had a good chunk of the bonus done when it did this reset.  Totally not fair.  It should have reverted back to wildflowers and given us credit for what we had completed.  Over 672K in cabbages.  Be real.  Not every coop plays with gold or can play with gold.  We should receive some sort of compensation for  resources used and give us back our wildflowers.  Very unhappy player as is the rest of my coop.
    This is not a coop friendly thing and is the big disappointment with the resetting of the bonus BUT so much better than last years and far more doable in my opinion but looking at it on their point of view cant be too easy either. So leaders had to get tough and close the coop or leave open and end up doing alot of work and losing tons of stuff with the revolving bonus tree. They are never going to make everyone happy that is a given but this year I think they have done a pretty good job of offering us something fun doable and to foster teamwork.
  • Sa11y (US1)Sa11y (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    edited 14.12.2016

Or your team members don't read the messages first-just in case there is something going on that they may need to know!
    They can't, Damaria.  The Developers don't even know the answer. 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3320011/#Comment_3320011

Just be prepared for it to reset at 11:59pm EST Tuesday night.  If it doesn't, it'll most likely reset at 6:00pm EST Wednesday night.
    All of my events start at 6pm on the first day-The first day has always been a short one. I know this and have learned to live with it.  It will not end at 6pm on the final day.

Posts Merged | Cuddly
  • T.C.SOON (INT1)T.C.SOON (INT1) Posts: 43
    edited 12.12.2016
    In my donate list, it wants me to get 630 bass. But while I already fishing 20 kg of bass, it's also show 0 bass, it's wants me to collect or sell it?
    IN MY DONATE LIST, IT WANT ME TO GET 630 BASS. BUT WHEN I ALREADY FISHING 20 KG BASS, IT'S ALSO SHOW 0 BASS, IT'S WANT ME TO COLLECT OR SELL IT?
    Collect.  Apparently, only bass caught by Oleg counts.
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 14.12.2016
    Completely disagree with everyone who thinks ggs got this right. There should be an option to participate. 
    As far as activating the event....one of our co-op members did NOT click the tree.  After she harvested her farms I went to the tree and saw that she was 7% complete with order.  So nobody is given the option to activate it, and we're not "accidentally" activating by clicking the tree --  Reminds me of the trick they pulled on us to activate the temporary farms that people did not want to activate about a month ago that they can't seem to fix.

Reasons why I don't rely on forum:

Reason #1:   Much stated in the forum by players prior to the event start was speculation...and wrong. Everyone answered all the questions and concerns based on last year's event.  I waited for a moderator to answer my questions and concerns about the upcoming Santa event and then:

Reason #2:  The moderator lied about a "start" button. 

So what are we to believe anymore?

Posts Merged | Cuddly
    @Wendytsj626Girl (US1) I agree with your first post wholeheartedly.  Participation wasn't optional at all.

But, I don't think the mod lied about the starter button.  Mods can only go by what they are told, and often, that info is wrong.

I feel your frustration.  GGS has not gotten in right on this event.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    IN MY DONATE LIST, IT WANT ME TO GET 630 BASS. BUT WHEN I ALREADY FISHING 20 KG BASS, IT'S ALSO SHOW 0 BASS, IT'S WANT ME TO COLLECT OR SELL IT?
    Collect.  Apparently, only bass caught by Oleg counts.
    So if I read this right, all the fishing I just did with Oleg (manual) didn't count for a thing? 

*checking list* Seriously?! Nothing. Great and my "dinghy" won't go out and fish for any bonito right now, just other fish I don't need. What baloney. What if I can only make it online 1-2 times a day and the boat rental does nothing? 

OR if I read this right, only fish caught for like, 15 min, etc., 1, 2, 4 hour counts towards this? 

Bummer :(
    edited 12.12.2016
    Jiesta  you are being a bit tough on others  as someone said not everyone even knows the forum is here,  Some maybe very busy with there real life that getting on to play for an hour or two is all they have and why come here they depend on there leader to give them the info they need. Every player here read there was to be an acivation button for the event  so YES  GGS is at fault for giving out false information I agree with artful sure Cuddlyfox did not make that up. Unless you have stock in the company dont know why you are so upset with the people who have legitimate concerns.
    Now for those who run here and just post without reading I can understand your ire  cause they get my goat too.
  • @Wendytsj626Girl (US1) I agree with your first post wholeheartedly.  Participation wasn't optional at all.

But, I don't think the mod lied about the starter button.  Mods can only go by what they are told, and often, that info is wrong.

I feel your frustration.  GGS has not gotten in right on this event.
    If that is the case, I apologize to moderators for the game developers lied to you.
Sign In to comment.