Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 8th - "Christmas Preparations Event" & Village Happiness - Discussion

Comments

• FISH - the ones you catch yourself? It makes perfect sense to me they don't count. The game counts those fish by weight, NOT by number. There are two different processes going on with how the system keeps track of fish, so  IMO, I don't think it's a bug.

Also curious to know if  anyone who has members that have harvested but not clicked on the tree yet, do they show up in the stats area of OTHER 'participating' players as having participated (with a percentage number indicated) ?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    For those of you in Stage 2 - are you able to donate items from your barn to help your Co-Op members, or do you have to harvest the items as in Stage 1?  (I realize that the items are random, but I haven't seen anyone say definitively that you can donate from barn storage) :)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 11.12.2016
    Since the santa event started, both times that I logged in I got this error message right away when going from the map to the main farm:

(everything works fine though so no idea why im getting this)
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    For those of you in Stage 2 - are you able to donate items from your barn to help your Co-Op members, or do you have to harvest the items as in Stage 1?  (I realize that the items are random, but I haven't seen anyone say definitively that you can donate from barn storage) :)
    You donate from your inventory.  Items are totally random in almost every case (had 2 that matched up with one of mine), and were items not found in either members lists.
    You donate from your inventory.  Items are totally random in almost every case (had 2 that matched up with one of mine), and were items not found in either members lists.
    Thanks for the confirmation, @KarenKay (US1) :)  That makes me feel better, knowing I didn't just spend 6 weeks maxing out my barns for nothing. :)
  • Don't know about anyone else, but I have a life, believe it or not, beyond Big Farm Game. *gasp* And since it's Christmas and all, I have even LESS time to spend on here at this time of year. So this is neither fun nor relaxing having to play this stupid Christmas thing at this time of year knowing that those of us who don't have the luxury of doing this every day, all day, are letting the rest of our co op down. Most of my co op feels the same way. I don't see why the stuff that we ARE able to collect doesn't count towards the end result, even if we don't completely fill the orders. I don't know why they can't count partial amounts towards the goal. 

I also find it scummy of GGS to make this Christmas thing the way it is so that people feel like they either have to quit their co ops or that co ops are somehow feeling that they should boot members. It's like pitting people against each other in our own co ops just because we don't all want to make Big Farm Game the center of our universe at this BUSY time of year. "Merry Christmas---you've been booted out of the co op!" How festive. Bah humbug, GGS.

Anyway, I sure as heck hope no one in our co op feels the need to drop out of it on account of this---half of us aren't even doing it. You can only do what you can do, and it's just a game.

Oh well, I'm not losin' any sleep over it.....
    @Southern (US1)  When I posted my interpretation of what they were saying and found it to be true, about the harvesting, I just took it in stride thinking GGS knew we were all smart enough to stock up ahead of time.  But boy howdy, in the second phase, you are able to help your fellow members by leaps and bounds since it isn't the same items you had to harvest, and your storage is full of all the needed items, (hopefully).  (Just remember to get restocked over the next few days to do it all again, lol)
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    It will be really fun read when GGS fanbois start babbling their praise :smiley:

DD
  • Let me explain you how it's work. Unlike the mess of the last year, when you had to put cherries for others  products and so on, this time, is one to one, a product for the same product.
    @clinn (RO1) There are some different items this year too.:)
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    edited 11.12.2016

when a member gets green (makes 100%), he immediately can start help other colleagues with their products..

It's best when somebody finish the job, to help the next best advanced colleague, so that he will reach 100%, and will start help the next advanced colleague and so on. I repeat it's like a domino effect, and for best result, you have to try to help the next best colleague, and NOT the one with 1% or 2%.The purpose is to make as many green colleagues as possible so they, will be able then to help the one with lower percent, when your coop will have enough people who finished they list.

Thanks for the great tip, @clinn (RO1)
    That's a very logical and effective approach but in the excitement I did not think of it, instinct seems to say "go to rescue the weakest first".
    Will definitely implement your suggestion   :)

Post edited by amandaps (INT1) on
    @Southern (US1)  When I posted my interpretation of what they were saying and found it to be true, about the harvesting, I just took it in stride thinking GGS knew we were all smart enough to stock up ahead of time.  But boy howdy, in the second phase, you are able to help your fellow members by leaps and bounds since it isn't the same items you had to harvest, and your storage is full of all the needed items, (hopefully).  (Just remember to get restocked over the next few days to do it all again, lol)
    Not that it's important to me, but do you still get the Co-Op price for "donated" items?

With my luck I'll have to donate all my Soap & Honey Creams, which takes me about 3 weeks to restock.. 6,500 Soaps @ 60 soaps an hour takes forever. :)
  • Sharky52Gamer (AU1)Sharky52Gamer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10
    edited 11.12.2016
    i need to collect Bonito for the Santa Event but it is not adding to the total when i catch them please help
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Guys.....Reason for not being able to donate just as of yet, is that we have 3 phases in this.
    Day 1 is havesting, day 2 and 3 (if I am not mistaken), is donating, day 4 helping others out.

But ofcourse that doesnt explain the missing start button.
    @Southern (US1)  Yes  :)

@clinn (RO1)  I instructed my coop the exact same way, then threw it out the door.  Since the items are random, the first one who finished didn't have most of the items on the next one's list.  So rather than have the momentum stalled, I had her go on to the next and next.  She was able to fill enough on two others lists to enable them to complete the minuscule amounts left on their own, so 1 became 3, who started at the top, but followed the same protocol.  If they didn't have what was needed, moved on down the line.  Tonight we are 97% finished, and will wrap up in the morning.

On one of your statements, I became a bit confused, you stated, "Let me explain you how it's work. Unlike the mess of the last year, when you had to put cherries for others  products and so on, this time, is one to one, a product for the same product."  So are you saying that the item needed on the receivers list is the exact same item that the donors need to give?  This isn't what we have.  I had all members send me their lists the minute the event started.  Last year it was by the product number.  Whatever was in say your 2nd slot on the list, would be the item you would need to donate if the other members 2nd slot item needed filled.  This year, it's been almost completely random, with the item shown as needed, not being found on either member's list.  So it's not on the original member or the donating member.  It does seem that everyone who had cherries needing filled, now need apples donated, and vice versa, figuring out to be that 5th slot which was a problem last year as well. I actually like this much better than last year's as well because my storage was full of all the random items so it was easy to donate and help everyone else.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    It only counts if u send out Oleg to catch the bonito......and at this point THIS is whats frustrating me most that manual fishing doesn't count......grrrr GGS
    edited 11.12.2016
    i need to collect Bonito for the Santa Event but it is not addind when i catch them please help
    @Sharky52Gamer (AU1) , you need to "Send Oleg Fishing" using either the boat, or his built-in fishing menu. Fishing manually does not work.

• Prince13 (INT1)Prince13 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 87

ok now I am sending Oleg to do the fishing so it counts

but every time I click on the boat to see how much time is left so I can re-send him again

the time counter rests back  to an hour

this is frustrating

edited 11.12.2016
    Guys.....Reason for not being able to donate just as of yet, is that we have 3 phases in this.
    Day 1 is havesting, day 2 and 3 (if I am not mistaken), is donating, day 4 helping others out.

There is no "Day 4" - you can help others as soon as you finish your own list. There's 3 STAGES - Stage 1 is doing your own list (by harvesting), Stage 2 (which can be done anytime after finishing your OWN list) is helping other Co-Op members, and Stage 3 is "Once EVERYONE'S finished with their list, The Co-Op can start working on BONUS quests" (3rd tab on the bottom right of the Wish List menu, looks like a little crown). :)

The catch is you have only 4 days in which to DO all this for each "Chapter" (Chapters 1-5) at the top of the Wish List.

Thanks once again. :)  Not really that important to me, but I know it is to several of my Co-Op members.  Personally, I hope the items I'll have to "Help" my other members with are stuff I can just buy, that way I keep my barns full, instead of stuff I might have to make (like bakery items or Flower Shop items). 

Time will tell!  Should be in Stage 2 in the next couple hours. :)

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 11.12.2016

but every time I click on the boat to see how much time is left so I can re-send him again

this is frustrating

This bug has been there from the start, I reported it, but obviously nothing happens from GG bug and beatle analyst. Good thing is it's just "client" connection issue. Server time ticks down. As soon as you reload your game from server the time updates. In any case the boat jumps in the moment it is ready anyway. The easiest way around for me is to look at the time when I log in the game and notice when the next boat will be available. But since I don't pay much attention anyway there might be more bugs involved.

EDIT: Just noticed @Southern (US1) trick with gold. That's probably even better then mine. :) Will start using it. :)

this is frustrating

The timer has (unfortunately) been messed up ever since fishing went live.  You can ignore it, it's never right.  Instead, look at the gold cost.  It's 1 gold for every 90 seconds.. So since it wants 5 gold to speed up the boat, you can estimate that it will take (5 * 90 = 450 seconds, or 7.5 minutes), for the next boat to arrive.

Just a quick rundown:

5 gold = 7.5 minutes
    10 gold = 15 minutes
    20 gold = 30 minutes
    40 gold = 60 minutes (1 hour)

Hopefully they'll fix the timer one of these years.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473

There is no "Day 4" - you can help others as soon as you finish your own list. There's 3 STAGES - Stage 1 is doing your own list (by harvesting), Stage 2 (which can be done anytime after finishing your OWN list) is helping other Co-Op members, and Stage 3 is "Once you've finished EVERYONE'S list, you can start working on BONUS quests" (3rd tab on the bottom right of the Wish List menu, looks like a little crown). :)

The catch is you have only 4 days in which to DO all this for each "Chapter" (Chapters 1-5) at the top of the Wish List.
    Half right, but it was taken out of my meneroy very fast :)

EDIT: Just noticed @Southern (US1) trick with gold. That's probably even better then mine. :) Will start using it. :)
    Yeah, it's handy.  If it's somewhere around 20 gold, I know I can get in Two 15-minute training sessions (for XP) before the next boat. If it's around 40 gold, I know I can train for an hour. It's better than just letting Oleg sit on his thumbs. :)
    edited 11.12.2016
    One thing I really dislike on long term basis is this GG tendency to play secrets. Instead of giving us more info they try to hide even the info we normally have. This time it is hard work rewards where you can only see the next one instead of seeing the whole range of rewards available ahead. So at first it looked like we only have one HW reward available.

Happness points required connected to this also make little sense as they don't correspond to happines of the deco or added hapiness so far nor to any other revealed info I could find on event interface. Any idea? Mods?

Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
    One thing I really dislike on long term basis is this GG tendency to play secrets. Instead of giving us more info they try to hide even the info we normally have. This time it is hard work rewards where you can only see the next one instead of seeing the whole range of rewards available ahead. So at first it looked like we only have one HW reward available.

Happnes points required connected to this also make little sense as they don't correspond to happines of the deco or added happiness so far nor to any other revealed info I could find on event interface. Any idea? Mods?
    They're also different and random for each player.

Mine:
    1) 10 Lime Seeds
    2) 850 Horseshoes
    3) 50 "Teamwork"
    4) 30 Super Fertilizer
    5) 30 Premium Duck Feed
    6) 200 Greenhouse Humus

That's it so far.
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    Is there a timer that shows precisely how many days/hours are left to fill each individual chapter?
    I can only find a timer for the whole event. 

If there isn't one this would be very useful to add.
    Am I correct in thinking the chapter ending times (UK time) are 14th December 11pm, 18th December 11pm, 22nd December 11pm, 26th December 11pm? or am I a day out?
    edited 11.12.2016
    Is there a timer that shows precisely how many days/hours are left to fill each individual chapter?

Am I correct in thinking the chapter ending times (UK time) are 14th December 11pm, 18th December 11pm, 22nd December 11pm, 26th December 11pm? or am I a day out?
    If there is, Jeb, we haven't found it yet.  It's probably right next to the "Start" button. ;)

So most likely, No, there's no timer that we can see for each individual chapter, just the entire event. 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 22.12.2016
    Am I reading this right..

It says in phase 2 Guardian Phase that once you have 100% completed your orders that you can immediately start helping others..

so my question is.... if I happen to finish my completed orders by tomorrow I can then start to help my fellow team members? & you don't have to wait for the end of the 4 days

Yes, @carjola (AU1), the sooner you finish your list, the sooner you can start helping others. As long as everything is being done within those 4 days per chapter.

Hy guys!

Please,...use your head and don't accuse what you don't understand.

The only "little problem" is that there is no start button, but in rest, this time GGS really made a superb job: coherent, logical and really fun.

Let me explain you how it's work. Unlike the mess of the last year, when you had to put cherries for others  products and so on, this time, is one to one, a product for the same product.

And don't be scared...about the list, try to encourage every member to collect something...this time it's like a domino effect...

when a member gets green (makes 100%), he immediately can start help other colleagues with their products..

It's best when somebody finish the job, to help the next best advanced colleague, so that he will reach 100%, and will start help the next advanced colleague and so on. I repeat it's like a domino effect, and for best result, you have to try to help the next best colleague, and NOT the one with 1% or 2%.The purpose is to make as many green colleagues as possible so they, will be able then to help the one with lower percent, when your coop will have enough people who finished they list.

Hope you understood me

In rest, congratulations GGS, this time you really did a great job, except the fact, that we have to send Oleg to fishing and not count our fish!

All the best!

THANKS @clinn (RO1) for a positive post regarding this event. Finally no rant! Exactly my thoughts, and my coop is indeed working according to this "domino effect" as  you describe it.

- No worries. If you don't finish the first week in time, you can try again the next week.
    - Only have to keep in mind there is no opting out this time, no start button. Farming = participating! or you will have to leave BF idle (don't log in) for 4 days or 5 weeks ...
    - If fish is on your list, it only counts when you let Oleg do the fishing for you ...
    - and the amounts on your list are this high so that your strategy will be to use as much super and seaweed dung/humus as possible.
    - Maybe we will only win only 1-2 train part(s) with low level, but then we will give it to Greta. To us the fun we are having working together is the most important.... And of course - this is predictable :p  - will we get offered the rest of the train parts in the next months in some hot deal, for a lot of gold of course...

Well, all those points aren't that strange if you keep in mind that GGS is a profit making company; show me one company in the world that doesn't try to be!  ;)

I don't know whether all those points are supposed to be this way, but moderators already said in a statement that these things would be looked into, see:  https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/139945/mod-news-bulletin#latest

Try to have fun! Happy farming!

Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
    If there is, Jeb, we haven't found it yet.  It's probably right next to the "Start" button. ;)

So most likely, No, there's no timer that we can see for each individual chapter, just the entire event. 
    Am I still the only one who found "start" button? :)
    edited 11.12.2016

I had the same idea that there should be separate counter for chapters.
    And yes, your days/time seem right to me.
    I will go by 17, 13, 9 and 5 days on event counter to make it easy.
Sign In to comment.