Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 8th - "Christmas Preparations Event" & Village Happiness - Discussion

Comments

• Farmer Loki (US1)Farmer Loki (US1) Posts: 125
    edited 11.12.2016
    ok, update....I found out that the fish count ONLY if oleg catches them, which is STUPID because he's slower than death itself.  This has to be a bug that needs to be fixed.  Doesn't make sense to force oleg to fish
    UGH. Are you kidding?!! RIDICULOUS!!! I need him to get me points to advance my level--I can catch my own fish. That's SO stupid. So this basically means we have to spend more money to do this if we want to finish our orders----great. Thanks for filling us in....one more thing to be ticked off about. GRRRR! 
  • Is there any way to OPT OUT of this christmas event with out  having to leave your co-op  , for that is only way i found to  get out of it , so i did this  to get out of the christmas event,  so now once a year you have to leave co-op  during this event if you do not wish to be involved.   
  • Is there  any way to opt. out of this christmas  event besides , leaving your coop ????
    @cuddlybear4u (US1)  I wouldn't worry/stress so much over this week just do what you can. It is very obvious that the requirements that some of us have on our lists are not doable in the time frame, maybe GGS will make some adjustments on Monday once they get back in the office. So don't worry and don't leave your coop over this, GGs made quite a few mistakes/errors with this event; lets see what happens on Monday.

Good luck and farm as usual and have fun.
  • badianier (FR1)badianier (FR1) Posts: 838
    edited 11.12.2016
    HI

Here is what this event inspires me

From a famous French film

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    HI

Here is what this vent inspires me

From a famous French film

Gosh are all French girls like that? I just started to date one............... :)
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Well, a quick survey of my co-op's members who started their wish lists (most of them inadvertently!) makes it look like EVERYONE has an item on it that is impossible for them to complete.  (6 days of cherry growing to be done in the next four days, for example.)  So it would seem that no one will be able to help anyone else finish their list, since no one will be able to finish their own list.  Great job, GGS!
    You can complete it if you use seaweed fertilizer  :)
    Yes, that's true and would be a good suggestion.  He could also complete it using gold.  But I'm not going to insist a co-op member buy gold from BigFarm just to complete a project he has no choice about playing in the first place.  It would be different if it was just a couple of members, the rest of us could complete their orders for them - but it looks like it's going to be virtually EVERYONE having a list that can't be completed by usual farming practice, therefore NO ONE able to help anybody else.
  • https://snag.gy/BDieYV.jpg

No, not a good event. It asks me for so many apples and fishing goods too. Not good at all.
  • Moderators:  What happened to the "start" button?????  I asked days ago about this and was assurred that participation would be voluntary.
  • I am not sure if here is where I need to post this but I started the Santa's Wish List event. I need to catch around 1k of bonito. I went fishing and the bonito's that I catch are not registering on the list. Is there some type of problem with this or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for all your help.
    I am not sure if here is where I need to post this but I started the Santa's Wish List event. I need to catch around 1k of bonito. I went fishing and the bonito's that I catch are not registering on the list. Is there some type of problem with this or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for all your help.
    Send Oleg, he will count. :)
  • Thank you Kam, I will give it a try that way to see if it works :)
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    I want to know the harvest and donating products should be 1:7 now as comapred to last santa ?
    Is that true ?
    Hope requirements is very less because we need to  complete 4 phase in 4 days to get the best deco
    Did you mean to say 4 chapters in 16 days (4 days each)? :)
    Think correct expected ratio would be something near 4:7 then :)
    Thnks for correcting me :)
    Do you know the maximum happiness for this deco ?
    Moderators:  What happened to the "start" button?????  I asked days ago about this and was assurred that participation would be voluntary.
    I was still looing for that button. I thought that maybe Wabbit in her kindness wanted to save us pre-event stress, so she issued that "Start" button statement, knowing it will be stressfull enough when it starts. And then it suddenly dawned on me! I couldn't believe it was avoiding me for so long, while being all that obvious. I DID fiound the button! But  hush! I won't tell here. Don't want them to know. :)
  • Moderators:  What happened to the "start" button?????  I asked days ago about this and was assurred that participation would be voluntary.
    I was still looing for that button. I thought that maybe Wabbit in her kindness wanted to save us pre-event stress, so she issued that "Start" button statement, knowing it will be stressfull enough when it starts. And then it suddenly dawned on me! I couldn't believe it was avoiding me for so long, while being all that obvious. I DID fiound the button! But  hush! I won't tell here. Don't want them to know. :)
    You found a button.  Great for you.
    I didn't get that option.
    Because I would not have pushed it.
    So is my stress level less?
    Thnks for correcting me :)
    Do you know the maximum happiness for this deco ?
    If I remember it well max hap per square was 10? (Can somebody confirm or correct pls?) Which would put max here on 50. But not sure if that can be accomplished for everyone within the event. Greta might need to help later.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572

What is happiness points and how to achieve this
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    Am I reading this right..

It says in phase 2 Guardian Phase that once you have 100% completed your orders that you can immediately start helping others..

so my question is.... if I happen to finish my completed orders by tomorrow I can then start to help my fellow team members? & you don't have to wait for the end of the 4 days
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    Moderators:  What happened to the "start" button?????  I asked days ago about this and was assurred that participation would be voluntary.
    Poor Wabbit and the other moderators.  They're only passing on what they are told.  I think they're going crazy trying to find out who is in control of what is implemented on the servers :smile:

Meanwhile, I've been receiving Hard work rewards for achieving the required number of happiness points.  I've looked everywhere for something that shows how many happiness points I've got.  It's not at the top of the tree, it's not the happiness value of the 1st chapter's decoration.  It must be hiding behind the start button that isn't there :smiley:
  • This event started earlier today. I have to harvest or catch in this case, 2,270 bass. I started fishing caught several, I didn't count how many or how much they weighed but I still have 0 in my count on the wish list. Is this going to be fixed before my time limit is up to do the first list?
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    This event started earlier today. I have to harvest or catch in this case, 2,270 bass. I started fishing caught several, I didn't count how many or how much they weighed but I still have 0 in my count on the wish list. Is this going to be fixed before my time limit is up to do the first list?
    You have to send oleg, by the boat or in the tab where you can choose bass bonito or do XP points.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    That is the way I'm understanding it there @carjola (AU1) ;)

What is happiness points and how to achieve this
    Have a look at the decos on the left of this window you are showing. You will see 4 christmas bulbs below each bulb is a set of numbers in those sets of numbers is your % of happiness collected from the harvest
    Is there  any way to opt. out of this christmas  event besides , leaving your coop ????
    At this time no :(
    Well, a quick survey of my co-op's members who started their wish lists (most of them inadvertently!) makes it look like EVERYONE has an item on it that is impossible for them to complete.  (6 days of cherry growing to be done in the next four days, for example.)  So it would seem that no one will be able to help anyone else finish their list, since no one will be able to finish their own list.  Great job, GGS!
    @buddy194 (US1)I was thinking that you were being a bit too optimistic when saying you were sure those problems don't exist a few posts above. :) Well I guess you learned your lesson, right? :)

I also have cherries "not doable" with normal farming. but I'll sort it by building one or two temporary orchard. Just for fun. I think I'll finish my order. Everything else seems doable without stretching myself. . :)
    These seemingly impossible items are there for the team ie: your co op members to help with  ;)
  • Its not registering your harvests..did bass and chicken feed yet doesn't total on the list.Going to be real hard to finish if it doesn't total our harvests
    Its the same with Carp, just not registering, thoughtful and accurate planning as usual by the makers, no wonder players are leaving the game
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    edited 11.12.2016
    As I stated previously, this go around was going to be different with the need to Harvest in the 1st stage, but stockpiled items could be used in the 2nd and 3rd stages.  We have folks done and already moved to the 2nd stage and the products needed are not by the item number on the list.  Nor are they by what was on the donor's list.  They seem to be random.  Items the donor had to donate weren't on either person's lists.  I haven't finished all of my list yet to see for myself, but if it's different from this, I'll be back to edit.
    Edit:  Completed my list, and the items on 3 members I've gone into are totally random but still farm specific.

Not being able to fish for myself is a bummer, used Oleg and the boat to complete that, but otherwise, we are having a great time working together  :)

Post edited by KarenKay (US1) on
  • clinn (RO1)clinn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 198

Hy guys!

Please,...use your head and don't accuse what you don't understand.

The only "little problem" is that there is no start button, but in rest, this time GGS really made a superb job: coherent, logical and really fun.

Let me explain you how it's work. Unlike the mess of the last year, when you had to put cherries for others  products and so on, this time, is one to one, a product for the same product.

And don't be scared...about the list, try to encourage every member to collect something...this time it's like a domino effect...

when a member gets green (makes 100%), he immediately can start help other colleagues with their products..

It's best when somebody finish the job, to help the next best advanced colleague, so that he will reach 100%, and will start help the next advanced colleague and so on. I repeat it's like a domino effect, and for best result, you have to try to help the next best colleague, and NOT the one with 1% or 2%.The purpose is to make as many green colleagues as possible so they, will be able then to help the one with lower percent, when your coop will have enough people who finished they list.

Hope you understood me

In rest, congratulations GGS, this time you really did a great job, except the fact, that we have to send Oleg to fishing and not count our fish!

All the best!

• I did not want to do the Santa Wish Event ....do to the fact it is Christmas Season and I wouldn't be on during the Holidays... But I was told that I didn't have to worry ... I didn't have to do the Event...for there was a StART button and just don't click it....WELL...forget that you are in it the minute you get on the farms and work them...
    This is CRAZY.... What the Heck... My poor Coop will suffer for the fact they are doing it and my non participation will penalize them ...BAD GGS...!!!!
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    @clinn  That lil start button is a BIG problem for the people who did not want to participate and the coop who now have to work harder.  So I guess the only way to stop this from happening WAS to boot people out. I agree harvesting is better than all that donating, and helping others as soon as you are done is also an improvement. Will wait for further play to comment further.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 11.12.2016
    You should not need to have everyone log on and collect at least one item.  This hurts you if one person cannot log on for four days.  We need to be able to donate to ALL players once we have finished our lists.

This is a big problem.
Sign In to comment.