Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 8th - "Christmas Preparations Event" & Village Happiness - Discussion

Hey Everyone,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here. :)

Comments

• "How to work towards rewards?

• Every time you harvest goods to fulfill one of Santa's requests, you add to a progress meter shared with your cooperative."

It sounds like this year's event counts harvesting as fulfilling an order. Is this true? Last year, donating (or selling) toward the event was what completed orders.
  • @Keldeo (IN1) That has been fixed. ;) Thank you!

"How to work towards rewards?

• Every time you harvest goods to fulfill one of Santa's requests, you add to a progress meter shared with your cooperative."

It sounds like this year's event counts harvesting as fulfilling an order. Is this true? Last year, donating (or selling) toward the event was what completed orders.
    @AlabasterGamer (US1)  During phase 1 you will need to harvest to fulfill your order. Phases 2 and 3 can be completed by donating products. :)
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    so when we donate products we dont get paid for them right? No dollars? The train deco is super cute by the way. Im excited.

• ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    IS fhp influences MF OR ALL three farms ?
  • Qat (US1)Qat (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    Santa? I don't see him. Is this only for certain levels or servers?
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    Village dollar is different from  "THE EVENT  " and how it depends on members happiness ?
  • so when we donate products we dont get paid for them right? No dollars? The train deco is super cute by the way. Im excited.

@Big Beck (US1)  When donating products, you will get farm dollars for them as you would with selling from farm management.
    IS fhp influences MF OR ALL three farms ?
    @ashim (IN1) The FHP (farm happiness) will count on whichever farm you place the decoration on.
    Qat (US1) said:
    Santa? I don't see him. Is this only for certain levels or servers?
    @Qat (US1) No worries, Santa will arrive on December 11th. ;)

• passi_ona (DE1)passi_ona (DE1) DE1 Posts: 874

Why is not it in the German forum in it
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    @Keldeo (IN1) That has been fixed. ;) Thank you!

"How to work towards rewards?

@AlabasterGamer (US1)  During phase 1 you will need to harvest to fulfill your order. Phases 2 and 3 can be completed by donating products. :)
    some of us are concerned about accidentally joining the event unintentionally during the harvest phase.  How will you avoid partcipating  and still harvest your farm?

• Why is not it in the German forum in it
    Sorry for the delay but the announcement has been posted on DE now. :)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/de/discussion/comment/3316721/#Comment_3316721
    some of us are concerned about accidentally joining the event unintentionally during the harvest phase.  How will you avoid partcipating  and still harvest your farm?
    We'll forward your concerns and let you know what we find out about this. :)

• PlayerSamedi (INT1)PlayerSamedi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 206
    edited 07.12.2016
    Does this means that the village will be also introduced tomorrow, like on the test server?
    Because you said we will get village dollars and our decos will also have village happiness.

Edit: And what about the fish? Will orders demand also fish or fish products?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hey Big Beck (US1) you asked "some of us are concerned about accidentally joining the event unintentionally during the harvest phase.  How will you avoid participating  and still harvest your farm?"
    I would think just avoid harvesting the items on your list, but this will end up hurting your co op.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    "Phase 3: Bonus Period (working together by donating products)"

Last year, this period was "collect" not "donate".  Is it definitely "donate"?
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Under where it says **hint do you mean that the more empty space or slots in coop could be a handicap or just all players in coop should be working as a team
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    OMG..what are they smoking at the GGS design department...looks worse than last year. And that is really something of an achievement

DD
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Hey Big Beck (US1) you asked "some of us are concerned about accidentally joining the event unintentionally during the harvest phase.  How will you avoid participating  and still harvest your farm?"
    I would think just avoid harvesting the items on your list, but this will end up hurting your co op.
    I hope this isn't the only option.  I would hate to think that we'd have to put a halt to working our farms if we aren't participating.  This on top of all the other activities going on puts a great deal of strain on smaller farms.

I hope this isn't the only option.  I would hate to think that we'd have to put a halt to working our farms if we aren't participating.  This on top of all the other activities going on puts a great deal of strain on smaller farms.

At this time the only other option I can see is to remove those that do not want to take part in the event from your co op before the event starts. I really hope I am wrong about this, but from what I've read and reread over a few times that is how it's going to work. So every one that is in the co op at the time of the start of the event will have to help or risk hurting those that do.

At this time the only other option I can see is to remove those that do not want to take part in the event from your co op before the event starts. I really hope I am wrong about this, but from what I've read and reread over a few times that is how it's going to work. So every one that is in the co op at the time of the start of the event will have to help or risk hurting those that do.
    The problem is, probably no one in our coop would want to participate, unless a few of the newer members jump in not realizing that our coop doesn't participate in things like this.  What are we supposed to do, disband the group, or leave, neither of which any of us want to do?

I certainly hope that participation isn't forced.  *deep sigh*

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 07.12.2016

I would think it works like Georges Silo does. If you don't click the event, your harvests aren't counted towards the event. If George's Silo tells you to collect wild flowers but you don't click the start button - then you can harvest wild flowers as much as you like, but it won't count for GS event. Somewhere there should be a build in start button in it.

Or is this wishful thinking?

I simply can't believe GGS would like us to shut off members; to tell members not to farm for a few weeks. No way José!!
    Send out a group message letting every one know what will happen if they do or do not take part and then take the 2 weeks off from Big Farm. Not the best solution but it should work ;) 

I would think it works like Georges Silo does. If you don't click the event, your harvests aren't counted towards the event. If George's Silo tells you to collect wild flowers but you don't click the start button - then you can harvest wild flowers as much as you like, but it won't count for GS event. Somewhere there should be a start button in it.

Or is this wishful thinking?
    Let's hope each individual can click "start" or not.  It wouldn't matter if it were "collecting" harvests, rather than donating.  :)
    Send out a group message letting every one know what will happen if they do or do not take part and then take the 2 weeks off from Big Farm. Not the best solution but it should work ;) 
    I'm not the coop leader.  Most likely, our coop leaders aren't even aware of this event.  (Like I said, very laid back.  :)  )

Taking two weeks off isn't an option, either, as several -- me included -- are working the Festive Farm.

We'll just have to see. :)
    I'm not the coop leader.  Most likely, our coop leaders aren't even aware of this event.  (Like I said, very laid back.  :)  )

Taking two weeks off isn't an option, either, as several -- me included -- are working the Festive Farm.

We'll just have to see. :)
    Then it may be time for you to send them a copy of the link to look over so they know what the heck is coming up ;)
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50
    It does not. Didn't work last year and will not work this year.

DD
    edited 08.12.2016
    It does not. Didn't work last year and will not work this year.

DD
    This year is different and we really don't know what will work and what will not work. As this is just a suggestion not an answer, as one has to be in a co op to take part in the SWL event. So if they are a part of a co op then the co op can do it with out worrying about who is helping and see who is not.
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 08.12.2016
    Ahh haa I think this is what the HINT was about  there will be NO start button everyone in the coop will be counted so if your in a coop your in the running leaving your coop members to try and do yours too.  If they do not want to do the challenge come join us Artful for the duration of the challenge.  Well lets hope that those that do not want to participate will be GOOD SPORTS and leave the coop this WILL take an honest assessment of how much they can do. I see hurt feelings possibly and resentment as a by-product of this set up. In fairness to GGS and I can be one of their tough critics I see that they are attempting to get the whole coop to work together and offer what looks to be a better set up than last year where you had to wait till last day to help.  Lets see the whole difficulty with lists before I give them too much credit.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 08.12.2016
    Blue snowflakes have to be collected by all coop members at the same time and will increase the VHP of the 5th (last) decoration.
    Exciting times! :D A few questions:
    Can you elaborate on "at the same time"? As in only when all are currently online..? I dont quite understand the difference in collection between the blue and cyan flakes. What about time difference between individual farmers within the coop? What if some are not logged on certain hours of the day?

"all farm products" - so will those snowflakes fall just on main farm or all farms?

May we have a sneak peak on the very final decoration too..?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    THX @Michiru (GB1) and above Those were exactly my questions too ...

- what does "at the same time" means. What if many members only farm a few hours a day? And do they drop everywhere or only at MF?
    - If a member decides not to participate that week because of other duties; so only farms a few hours, what happens when he/she harvests exactly those goods that are mentioned in the order? Is there indeed no "start button"?

I guess the sneak peak will come on a later moment in the event, like last year, they showed us the final Frosty Palace (or what was it's name?) 2 weeks before the end.
    Ahh haa I think this is what the HINT was about  there will be NO start button everyone in the coop will be counted so if your in a coop your in the running leaving your coop members to try and do yours too.  If they do not want to do the challenge come join us Artful for the duration of the challenge.  Well lets hope that those that do not want to participate will be GOOD SPORTS and leave the coop this WILL take an honest assessment of how much they can do. I see hurt feelings possibly and resentment as a by-product of this set up. In fairness to GGS and I can be one of their tough critics I see that they are attempting to get the whole coop to work together and offer what looks to be a better set up than last year where you had to wait till last day to help.  Lets see the whole difficulty with lists before I give them too much credit.
    Actually, going back to the original concern which Big Beck raised :  "some of us are concerned about accidentally joining the event unintentionally during the harvest phase.  How will you avoid participating and still harvest your farm?"

That's what some of us were focusing on.  My coop probably won't have many participants, including me.  That's just how we roll.  We were just wondering if participation could be, as Big Beck said, "accidental."  We want to avoid that, if possible.

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 08.12.2016
    I think It reads quite clear and simple:
    As soon as the first harvest is made towards an order, this order has to be finished 100%.
    and
    If a member doesn’t start their task (first harvest), they’re considered inactive. This will change as soon as they harvest a product for the task/chapter.

No messing about this year! No easy way out! Everybody works (except those being inactive etc.), or the co-op gets stuck on chapter one forewer. It applies to all four chapters. In other words - you harwest needed item, you are in. Perfectly in line with known GG philosophy of pushing people to play using any thinkable way including peer pressure, accidents or "accidents" etc.

Then as soon as you finish your order you move to phase 2 and can DONATE (not harvest) for your unfinished team mates:  (Notice it's phases which differ to be "harvest" or "donation", not chapters. All four basic chapters (chapter 5 not included) have 3 phases: Harvest, Guardian donate and Bonus.donate) No problem here, as plenty of seaweed stuff and gold secure your success. :) Again fully compliant to known GG philosophy to push for ample gold spending. :)

This year the event works with harvest (phase 1) and donations (phases 2 and 3).

GG actually got more creative this year then last year so I see it as an improvement of a sort, although expect most will hate that improvement. :) But if you understand that GG is bent on quick money grab, not on long term players satisfaction, this will be no surprise and the game with it's development will be a lot easier to read for you. :)

Since balancers have reliably been the worst part of the development chain throughout the years always blowing up the best efforts of other creative components I wouldn't count on reasoneable orders to make it fun. But hey, miracless happen as we've seen with gold purchases being removed from fish quest chain, so who knows............. :) Stay tuned, it's just a few days away. :)

Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
Sign In to comment.