Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 27th - Going Fishing! - Discussion

Comments

• Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163

Also, Sushi Plate and Breaded Catfish are just bad.  Just... just bad.  Sweet and Sour Pickerel is more profitable, takes less time and is obtained at an earlier level than Breaded Catfish.  (Fresh Fish Salad also suffers the same problems too, but to a less severe degree)  Sushi Plate only generates about 20% more profit than Grouper Steak, but has double the production time (meaning it's profit/hr is 40% less than Grouper Steak).  I think increasing Sushi Plate's sell price to about 2500 would fix this.
    I have read somewhere, that for Sushi plate you also get seaweed (from which you can make seaweed humus and food). This is probably the reason why Sushi plate is bad.

If you want to look at it from the other side, you can instead compare Sushi Plate to Fish Kebab, since both recipes generate seaweed.  Fish Kebab has 80% more profit for the same amount of time.  By comparison, each subsequent recipe after that increases its profit/hr over the previous recipe by about 15-40%.  This would imply that Sushi Plate has too little profit.  Increasing Sushi Plate's sell price to 2500 would make the increase between Sushi Plate and Fish Kebab be about 35%, which makes it in line with the increases of the other recipes.
  • What do I do if I go fishing using the boat - and then the boat takes my money because I spent money to go out on the boat...

But then... I didn't get to go fishing.  It just took my cash and didn't let me go fishing.  

Who do I ask for my "boat costs" back?  Sad face.  I don't understand the fishing.

Thanks, 
    Me.
  • level 25 at last, phew

and done with the bucket mission after buying the carbon fishing stick

there was one mission after that

did it, now no new mission after that ? 

I am also waiting for the reply....
    If so, training XP will be the only way to reach higher levels from there on....?
    Why there is no XP from renting boats...?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 19.11.2016
    .................and the bug is back in the fishing game again:

whenever I want to fish myself, whether I want to stand alongside the river or leave in a boat - I get an error code. The tackle box is filled with all kinds of stuff I did not purchase (and shows different things at the 3 different farms - should this be?) .....

Sad. Hopefully this will be solved soonest. But I still can let Oleg fish for me and send him out on a boat!

EDIT Nov 19: solved, can fish again....
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • Hi everybody!
    Can someone tell my how can I have my Reed Pole on minus after I started not using it anymore and buying only Bamboo Pole or Fantastic Bamboo Pole
    will be not really need it for an urgency but I am just curious!

• how often should you be able to send oleg out on the boat sometimes it say 3 hours sometimes 13 hours sometimes i can send him in a hour from his return with fish
  • How am I suppose to catch fish when the timer runs out on me while I pull them in ? I'm not getting this *fishing* part of the game. 

I'm quite sure it's *operator error*  B)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    better rod and line both give more time on the clock  (if in doubt always blame the equipment  rofl)
  • @jade francisca  (GB1) There was a bug with some negative numbers in the tackle box, but it should not still be happening, so it is possible this may just be some sort of display error.  Please could you reload your game using CTRL+F5 & let us know if that fixes the issue. Thank you. :)
  • When I click on anything on the Start Oleg fishing circle, nothing comes up.  I've tried clicking on all of them from every farm and nothing.
    @Prairiewitch (US1) Has this only just started to happen & is it the same on all browsers?
  • musicdoc (US1)musicdoc (US1) US1 Posts: 43
    Hey @musicdoc (US1) have you tried the usual?? Log out clear your browser history then log back in.
    Yes multiple times before I posted it.  Seems to have cleared up since last fix.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399

level 25 at last, phew

and done with the bucket mission after buying the carbon fishing stick

there was one mission after that

did it, now no new mission after that ? 

AFter this they ask you to buy a heavy minnow hook, and then use a heavy minnow hook. However, I can't get the task to clear. It's been days now so I give up that task now. Just sending Oleg out to get XP and then he fishes when I run out of fish for the restaurant.
  • RookieLana8 (US1)RookieLana8 (US1) US1 Posts: 191
    When will we be able to get seaweed?  Thank you, Lana
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    When will we be able to get seaweed?  Thank you, Lana
    You can get seaweed from certain dishes in the restaurant. :)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3262489/#Comment_3262489
  • I must be doing something wrong. I'm still on level one apparently. I guess I am not fishing enough!    ;)

• With this fishing it is crap because I get the fish hooked yet the line always snaps so I have given up trying
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    When you fish at the 3 locations, main farm, gourmet farm, flower farm, I can understand you throw your fish in the BUCKET...but i dont see the point of renting the boat, then catching just a few big fish then the bucket is full already... Could i just throw the fish in my boat?

My point is its seems kinda pricey to rent the boat just to catch a few big fish and have your bucket full, sort of defeats the purpose of unlocking boat rental at such a low level when your bucket can hold only so much kg at that time.
  • better line and work the fish, watch the gauge and  let up on the pressure whenyou get near the red

• I must be doing something wrong. I'm still on level one apparently. I guess I am not fishing enough!    ;)

You didn't hear this from me but you can buy XP points from the fisherman for cash and gold, as well as earn them from fishing.
  • Musher (US1)Musher (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Where do I find what level I am at in fishing?  Where are all those experience points going?  I can't find where it shows how many I have collected so far.
  • click on oleg the fisherman u will have 4 options shown choose the right one and there in window u will have 2 tabs 1 for sending him to fish and other for fishing xp
  • Musher (US1)Musher (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Thank you!
  • how am I suppose to catch catfish...what boat are they talking about?
  • try catching that are closer to the surface their easier to real in. Also complete fishing tasks to level up you can also sent oleg to fish for xp points. But where are the rest of the fish I only found four types of fish, blue, bass, bonito and carp, my main farm and gourmet has the same two types so where do I find the catfish and all the others with a higher market price do I have to reach a certain level to get them. currently I am at fishing level ten but I can not complete a task requiring catfish since I have not seen any.
  • Tsitsi...you go to tackle store and buy catfish bait. Put in your tackle box. Go to gourmet or main farm pond. Click on your bait and green arrow will appear. Press that a few times and the catfish will appear for you to then catch. Same principle with other fish too....hope this helps
  • it helped thanx pigletrunner. why is it the fishing gear needed to catch a single is priced much higher than the market price of the fish
  • this discouraged fishing or is it one those features meant for farmers who have fully developed just like the island farms
  • Where can we see how much *fishing xp* we have, what level we've achieved so far...............? 
  • try catching that are closer to the surface their easier to real in. Also complete fishing tasks to level up you can also sent oleg to fish for xp points. But where are the rest of the fish I only found four types of fish, blue, bass, bonito and carp, my main farm and gourmet has the same two types so where do I find the catfish and all the others with a higher market price do I have to reach a certain level to get them. currently I am at fishing level ten but I can not complete a task requiring catfish since I have not seen any.
    I have catfish on my gourmet farm - he's fishing on the lower left corner on the other side of the airport. I believe the catfish are the greenish ones. 
Sign In to comment.