Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• Hello, how about UNDO button? I saw old discussions but as i see its nothing. Its not fair when u click for example boost with gold for some constructions in mistake. Its not a good way to make people spend more money on gold. 
  • I am sure GGS won't be doing that, as it has been suggested before.

is there any real reason why it will not be adding that button?
  • I am sure GGS won't be doing that, as it has been suggested before.

is there any real reason why it will not be adding that button?
    @Ponso (LT1)  An "undo" button could get extremely messy, so I doubt they would do that, you can`t unring a bell as they say. Sometimes one action results in something else changing so there would be more things to undo.... for example if you spent gold but that won a reward on prime spending too, or if you did a speedup and got XP that resulted in you levelling up & being paid for that and unlocking stuff. It would be far less messy to add one of the many suggested things to prevent the gold spending accidents in the 1st place, so there would be no need to undo them.
  • OKay then how about creating a warning message like "do u really want so spend gold?"?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    OKay then how about creating a warning message like "do u really want so spend gold?"?
    Sorry, but like the others said, this is unlikely to happen. ;)
  • sarah74 (GB1)sarah74 (GB1) Posts: 81
    edited 11.10.2016
    I have just caught up with the latest posts on the so called accidental clicking on use gold. I do understand everybodies "versions" but it is not always as simple as it is wrote. The pop ups are designed to pop up inbetween clicks, so its obvious they are there to catch us out, if you click on an amount to sell and you know that the next thing to click is SELL, you click when it pops up, not 3 seconds later.We have to click lots of times in the day, all those 2 - 3 seconds would add up. Hundreds have asked for an "are you sure" pop up... easy to do for GGS and it would stop all the complaints, but they refuse to do it. Luckily I have not been caught out, very close a few times but it is the principle of it, some players may have an illness, some may not realise the deceitful design of the use gold pop ups, youngsters may think they are helping grandma by harvesting. The bottom line is GGS could stop all the complaints and chat about accidental clicking. but they do not...and that tells the players what type of company we are playing with. Big farm is great we all love it, it is not the farm that we complain off   :/
    Just laughing at some of Jiesta's post... yes it is great to "outdo" the little tricks that GGS try out, many times while doing missions I click and replant a certain item to "tempt" ggs to give me that mission and 90% of the time it works. When we get a repeated crop, you'l prob find that  crop was the last item you harvested. doing egg mission i always save a few ( unless im harvesting other stuff straight after) because ggs see the harvested egg cookie , presume you've no eggs and gives you an egg mission, great to beat them. Then again the thousands of times I have done this could be just a coincidence hahaha  >:)
  • I think that a confirm button for gold spending is a terrible idea... I am so sick of all the extra clicking being added to this game & that one would be horrendous. Oh yeah it sounds great in theory, stop all that accidental gold spending, but in reality it would just be annoying, especially during missions.

Don`t get me wrong, I am not against finding ways to reduce accidental clicking, I just don`t think that a confirm button is the way to do that, I much prefer the suggestions such as having the speedup offset (like sow last seed used to be), or even just moved to the top of the ring menu, because I have NEVER accidentally clicked those buttons up there.
  • i know this has been mentioned before (now that i can see the forums) but.....

i have accidentally spent a godly *goodly* amount of gold on accident

I understand that games need to be monetized, i have paid in.....but a wrong click should not be so costly ....please add a confirm click......thank you for saving me from my over-active click finger  <3
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We've been asking for forever.  GGS won't do it as they make a lot of money when people have accidents.

So sorry this happened to you.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Afraid @artful (US1) is right I suggest you "Look check then click" or arrange your farms so that things are staggered or lowest to tallest. I have done so on my farms and been able to reduce my mis clicks quite a bit.
  • yes i need to be more careful,was just trying to gather some eggs, but somehow paid to hurry my cherry tree...  
    not the first time i've done something similar, and i've only been here for a month!!!

Look, Check, Click....   i'll try ;)
  • and i feel a little better knowing i am not alone with my click issues , so thanks  :p
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    I've done this many times, and also asked ggs to put a confirmation or something but is not gonna happen, because like artful(US1) said, ggs makes money from our mistakes.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    I have a suggestion. Instead of making a confirmation button what if you put in settings a setting that blocks/grays out the gold buttons? The same way that you can turn on and off the music, why couldn't you turn on and off the gold spending? This way gold users will be happy not to be asked for a confirmation every time and non-gold users will be very happy as well avoiding those way too often occurring accidental clicks. Please, could this be considered, please?
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    I made this suggestion in another thread but I'm afraid it will get lost in between comments so I will start its own thread. This suggestion is for avoiding the accidental gold spending many players are upset about and it is different from a confirmation button for each click which is very unpractical.

My suggestion is that you put in the settings list a setting that blocks/grays out the gold buttons. The same way that you can turn on and off the music/outline view/and other settings, why not to have a button so that you can turn on and off the gold spending (which will gray out all blue buttons)? This way gold users will be happy not to be asked for a confirmation every time and non-gold users will be very happy as well avoiding those way too often occurring accidental clicks. Please, could this be considered, please? Thank you.
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    that is a great suggestion, but idk if ggs will implement something like this, accidental clicking makes ggs HAPPY, MORE MONEY.
    edited 10.11.2016
    I am afraid this has been suggested since this game started & it is not going to change any time soon. Best bet is to Look check then click. Arrange your farms so your productions items are staggered or set up lowest to tallest. I did this a few months ago now and reduced my mis clicks by quite a few :)
    P.S.
    There is a thread/post for this already https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/35981/feedback-gold-lock-other-suggestions-to-prevent-accidental-gold-spending#latest
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on
  • looks like this is a very old but still relevant topic.....

i am kinda new to the game, playing about a month,  i like it!!!  i have willingly spent real dollars to buy gold and other goodies!!!  I am happy to pay for my entertainment!!!!  

but i don't like to feel like a chump, please let me spend my gold my way, not on a bad click.......

when a topic is this old, with this many posts, it's really overdue for "the developers" to address it

I intend to keep bugging them til they fix this bug , or til I quit, which means no more $$$ from me......:\
  • It's been asked for MANY times over.   I posted long ago about a "gold lock."  By default OFF.  So nothing changes.  But once you log in, you could OPT to click a lock then anything that needs gold you would get a pop up saying go unlock your gold first.    Simple.

BUT…. GG likes it when you accidentally lose your money.   Write to support and all you will get back is sorry, be more careful, we can't refund.

So…. it seems they like income from shaking peoples pockets.    My answer to that is I won't go on this ride with ANYTHING IN my pockets.   What ever gold I have, the game gave me.   I Play FREE!!!!! 

Now I did spend.  I have three farms and I know I spent to buy the water tower on each one.
    But no more.   A slip up here, click the wrong thing there, and NO.   No more.  They don't care how many times it's asked for, so I won't hand them my money.   It's that simple.
  • bwahhh ha hah ha, you loser >:)

you clicked it, we keep it

is this really the message this game wants to send???????
  • Sometimes I missclick and spend gold I don't want to spend speeding up my fields or stables. This annoys me greatly. I would like to have a CONFIRM button that prevents the accidental spending of gold.

For people who buy gold with real money and spend it liberally, I propose that the CONFIRM button should be able to be toggled on or off the same way we can toggle music and sound on/off.

Who is with me?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We've tried and tried.  They can't be bothered.  (It's in their best interests not to fix it.)
  • That has been asked for since the game started. They aren't going to add that. Although that would be nice, esp. with how you describe making it so we can turn spending on/off. I think that has been suggested in one of the earlier threads.
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    I agree!

But if they don´t want to make an accept button, then at least the speed up button (gold button) should be moved to another place, and not at the same place as where you start up things again. It is to easy now, to click on the wrong button!
    This has been a complaint since shortly after the game started. They will not change it because they make money from our mistakes and mis-clicks. Sad I know but true :(
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    i Agree 
    i hope was put button for confirm 
  • AJ5Birds (US1)AJ5Birds (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    I would totally support and use a "GOLD LOCK" to prevent accidental buyout of a task using my hard earned gold.  It happens too easily and when you have used the grid tool to pack your farm as tight as possible, selections overlap and POOF your gold is gone and you accidentally harvested something immediately that you did not need to.  Please give us a Personal Setting that we can choose a 2nd level "are you sure you want to use gold".  Kind of like early Word -"are you sure you want to delete that".

Thanks for letting us make suggestions
  • As others have said, players have asked and asked and they refuse to do it, yet if you do not complete a weekly event you get a pop up asking are you sure you do not want to buy it. I know GGS should get some income for the game, but this is one of the things that show how sneaky and deceitful GGS are. I believe that if someone can do one thing "wrong" they are fully capable of doing it with other things. The use gold buttons are placed in just the right place for accidental clicking, so is it accidental if it is placed there on purpose, are the bugs really bugs when usually they are a source of income to GGS ? Even lag in the game becomes suspect ! its not our cache etc it happens to lots of people at same time, think about it, get lag... click twice.. lag catches up... big farm counts your two clicks and opps  you just used gold ! 
  • I was already close to 2000+ gold awaiting a gold mining licence and I was hovering over a menu and accidentally bought feed worth 750 gold or so. Didn't mean to.

A confirmation button would be good. sometimes the flash player lags and us "poor" farmers would love to keep our hard earned gold

Now on 700 gold and I know it will take ages and ages and ages to get to 2000... I have two or three gold licences
This discussion has been closed.